Marvel Studios plans to reveal one of its characters is gay

• 57 results
#1 Edited by TobyMaguire (1376 posts) - - Show Bio

Link to article

No Caption Provided

Who could it be?

Captain Marvel, Captain America (Falcon) , Bucky, THANOS?

Making Captain Marvel will be really ballsy considering her movie did incredibly well in countries like China, Indonesia and other foreign countries which are not really tolerant of LGBT

#2 Posted by Richubs (7512 posts) - - Show Bio

JK Rowling - Thanos had an intense sexual relationship with Eitri the dwarf.

#3 Posted by gamiz7 (1399 posts) - - Show Bio

@richubs: please stop inspiring fan fiction

Avatar image for eternaldarkfury
#4 Posted by EternalDarkFury (3428 posts) - - Show Bio

LMFAO

Avatar image for thespartanb345t
#5 Posted by TheSpartanB345T (5211 posts) - - Show Bio

Captain Marvel would be my preferred choice, since her character has no actual good traits as is so it wouldn't "ruin" her.

#6 Posted by EmmaFrostXmen (4270 posts) - - Show Bio

Tbh I’d be up for Bucky and Falcon relationship. They can both bond over their love of Steve lmao

Avatar image for marvelanddcfan24
#7 Posted by MarvelandDCfan24 (8244 posts) - - Show Bio

Captain Marvel most likely

#8 Edited by joshua755 (4523 posts) - - Show Bio

Can’t see it being Captain Marvel as she like War Mechine or did till he died and I would like to see that explore more and honestly it’s 2019 like is it really that big of a deal now a days

#9 Posted by TobyMaguire (1376 posts) - - Show Bio

Can’t see it being Captain Marvel as she like War Mechine or did till he died and I would like to see that explore more and honestly it’s 2019 like is it really that big of a deal now a days

Tell that to China which censors all homosexual reference in movies. China is the most important market after US. For all we know they will officially declare character gay but there will be nothing in movies.

#10 Posted by GoldKing (1210 posts) - - Show Bio

Hopefully they make a trash character like Captain Marvel gay because she has no redeeming qualities whatsoever so her being gay wouldn't ruin her. Plus, she looked pretty butch at the end of Endgame. It'd fit.

#11 Posted by God_Spawn (43564 posts) - - Show Bio

Wasn’t Valkyrie said to be gay or bi? I’m cool with her. There was also supposed to be a rumor of Herc being gay whenever he shows up down the road. That would just be against the whole ladykiller thing he has, bi, sure since it’s been hinted in the comics.

Avatar image for captain_narlowe
#12 Edited by Captain_Narlowe (283 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah well, why not? Could be interessting if well enough written.

#13 Posted by ourmanuel (13782 posts) - - Show Bio

@richubs said:

JK Rowling - Thanos had an intense sexual relationship with Eitri the dwarf.

Lmao

#14 Posted by LuminousHydra (1280 posts) - - Show Bio

Cap marvel. Obviously

#15 Edited by ANTHP2000 (31092 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah well it's been pretty unrealistic all these years that not a single LGBT character was revealed in any part of the universe, Marvel Cinema or TV, ever.

@god_spawn said:

Wasn’t Valkyrie said to be gay or bi? I’m cool with her. There was also supposed to be a rumor of Herc being gay whenever he shows up down the road. That would just be against the whole ladykiller thing he has, bi, sure since it’s been hinted in the comics.

That's what I'm thinking. They said there was a scene written with her iN Ragnarok that implied a sexual relationship with another valkyrie. Maybe they'll actually put that on screen.

#16 Posted by SocaJunkie (9657 posts) - - Show Bio
#17 Posted by Nucleon (4154 posts) - - Show Bio

Women do not "count" towards the gay representation in any given show, because lesbianism can be pleasant to male viewers. Also, you can't make an Asian or black actor gay, because they already have the burden of a token. Welcome to the XXIst century.

Nah, it's got to be a white male.

#18 Posted by RabumAlal (5430 posts) - - Show Bio

I’m not sure CV can handle this.

#19 Posted by King-Ragnar (5167 posts) - - Show Bio

Plot Twist : Morgan Stark is the daughter or Tony and Steve.

Avatar image for ready_4_madness
#20 Posted by Ready_4_Madness (18809 posts) - - Show Bio

Valkyrie

#21 Posted by iLeo (102 posts) - - Show Bio
#22 Posted by iLeo (102 posts) - - Show Bio

Im watching the China cut of every MCU film involving this character if it's male.

Avatar image for wolverinebatmanftw
#23 Posted by WolverineBatmanFTW (2199 posts) - - Show Bio

Its gonna be Captain Marvel

#24 Edited by dirtytree332 (798 posts) - - Show Bio

cringe at everything Marvel is doing

#25 Posted by MICKEY-MOUSE (36987 posts) - - Show Bio

I want there to be LGBT characters. All fans should have representation. I hate it when white male executives think they deserve a pat on the back for doing so. Just make a damn movie and make a character straight or gay based on the story. For the most part a character’s sexual preferences wouldn’t ever come into play unless they have an onscreen romance. Otherwise Shut Up about it. I hated JK Rowling’s and Disney’s recent queer baiting. Also looking for praise each time you include a person of color in a movie gets pretty irritating.

#26 Posted by Soratoumiga (5485 posts) - - Show Bio

As they should

#27 Posted by KingOfWakanda (3380 posts) - - Show Bio

Cool. I don't have a problem with it. Valkyrie makes a lot of sense, being that's how Tessa Thompson leans.

#28 Posted by TobyMaguire (1376 posts) - - Show Bio

I want there to be LGBT characters. All fans should have representation. I hate it when white male executives think they deserve a pat on the back for doing so. Just make a damn movie and make a character straight or gay based on the story. For the most part a character’s sexual preferences wouldn’t ever come into play unless they have an onscreen romance. Otherwise Shut Up about it. I hated JK Rowling’s and Disney’s recent queer baiting. Also looking for praise each time you include a person of colour in a movie gets pretty irritating.

There are not gonna do that because of CHINA. Instead, they will make grant announcements.

#29 Posted by TheEngima (1226 posts) - - Show Bio

@nucleon:

Lesbianism is still in the terms of 'gay', even if it appeals to males (which I don't see how that's a bad thing.Representing something that's progressive while appeasing the audience). Making it simply a gay White Male just for the sake of racial matters is kinda counterproductive to the message they're trying to send.

Avatar image for buttersdaman000
#30 Posted by buttersdaman000 (23233 posts) - - Show Bio

We already know Bucky is gay though

#31 Posted by uugieboogie (13754 posts) - - Show Bio

I want there to be LGBT characters. All fans should have representation. I hate it when white male executives think they deserve a pat on the back for doing so. Just make a damn movie and make a character straight or gay based on the story. For the most part a character’s sexual preferences wouldn’t ever come into play unless they have an onscreen romance. Otherwise Shut Up about it. I hated JK Rowling’s and Disney’s recent queer baiting. Also looking for praise each time you include a person of color in a movie gets pretty irritating.

#32 Posted by Supermanthor (22700 posts) - - Show Bio

hercules seems likely one

#33 Posted by TheEngima (1226 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor is gay...he played fortnite

#34 Posted by Omnipotent94 (1523 posts) - - Show Bio

I want Dr strange and Wong to be a thing.

#35 Posted by KanyeCosby (7574 posts) - - Show Bio

I don’t really care just as long as they don’t change a character who was already well established not to be gay.

#36 Edited by EmmaFrostXmen (4270 posts) - - Show Bio
#37 Posted by Mrnoital (8482 posts) - - Show Bio

is it just me or does Disney seem like they just forgot to be inclusive earlier so they're doing it all right now

"crap, infinity war is almost here and we haven't had a movie starring a black person"

"crap, we also forgot to make a movie starring a woman"

"crap we forgot to even include a gay character"

"oh well we can do it now at the end (or after) we finish everything we tried to do with the MCU, so now the inclusive era is a nice little bonus"

#38 Posted by TobyMaguire (1376 posts) - - Show Bio

@mrnoital: It is not Disney but previous Marvel CEO who was not really in on diversity. Kevin Feige only got complete control in 2016

#39 Edited by JediXMan (42910 posts) - - Show Bio
#40 Edited by KillBilly (3331 posts) - - Show Bio

Probably Captain America ( Falcon ) to show that the new America is queer and here.

#41 Posted by Galactic_1000 (5851 posts) - - Show Bio

God No Please No.

#42 Posted by Nucleon (4154 posts) - - Show Bio

@buttersdaman000: Bucky can't be gay - we saw him dating women with Steve, and remebering the time where he had the women's attention with fondness once Steve got super.

#43 Posted by Eobard21 (6430 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh

#44 Posted by APEX_pretador (21481 posts) - - Show Bio

Falcon

#45 Posted by God_Spawn (43564 posts) - - Show Bio

@ileo: No it hasn’t what?

#46 Posted by mrmonster (17119 posts) - - Show Bio

This will make for some very interesting YouTube comments sections.

Avatar image for deactivated-5cd742ec88b57
#47 Edited by deactivated-5cd742ec88b57 (48 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm pretty sure it's going to be Valkyrie.

Avatar image for buttersdaman000
#48 Posted by buttersdaman000 (23233 posts) - - Show Bio

@nucleon said:

@buttersdaman000: Bucky can't be gay - we saw him dating women with Steve, and remebering the time where he had the women's attention with fondness once Steve got super.

In the 30's though....had to keep up appearances lol

#49 Posted by Andromeda101 (1430 posts) - - Show Bio

Meh...

As long as isn't any character whose sexuality was established by canon media already, I honestly think it's fine.

#50 Posted by MICKEY-MOUSE (36987 posts) - - Show Bio

@tobymaguire: You’re right and that’s why it’s become a bad joke. It’s not real diversity it’s pandering tokenism. Like Rose in Star Wars.