Avatar image for captainsweatpan
#1 Posted by CaptainSweatpan (1498 posts) - - Show Bio

Is it? I don't think so

#2 Edited by Magian (151792 posts) - - Show Bio

If you compare it to movies like Infinity War, it sure is lacking but tbh that was one of the best MCU movies. Most MCU movies are rather average really so compared to them, it was ok. You know, Captain Marvel wasn't actualy a bad movie, you may say it was boring or uneventful but not bad. It was just average like most MCU movies are.

#3 Posted by TobyMaguire (446 posts) - - Show Bio

Compared to Antman and wasp! Yes

#4 Posted by Supermanthor (20383 posts) - - Show Bio

@magian said:

If you compare it to movies like Infinity War, it sure is lacking but tbh that was one of the best MCU movies. Most MCU movies are rather average really so compared to them, it was ok. You know, Captain Marvel wasn't actualy a bad movie, you may say it was boring or uneventful but not bad. It was just average like most MCU movies are.

#5 Posted by Darkthunder (2795 posts) - - Show Bio

Nope. Infinity war and BP make it like iron man 2 is compared to its prequel

#6 Posted by Mrnoital (8103 posts) - - Show Bio

Infinity war>Black Panther>Ragnarok>Captain Marvel=ant man and the wasp

#7 Posted by GateOfBabylon (4411 posts) - - Show Bio

Nah. Completely average film.

#8 Posted by PhantomRant (1393 posts) - - Show Bio

no.

#9 Posted by Jgames (8192 posts) - - Show Bio

Its on par with Ant Man and the wasp, otherwise, no. I like it better than Iron Man 2, Incredible Hulk, maybe Ant man and thats about it. Its an average movie that is good for passing the time.

#10 Posted by shroudofsorrow (6002 posts) - - Show Bio

Well, it's not as good as Black Panther or Infinity War if that's what you're asking. Though, I also do think it's of a comparable quality to Ant-Man and the Wasp, and it's not a bad or terrible movie either way.

#11 Edited by Darkhawk2 (37 posts) - - Show Bio

Phenomenal film. Easily one of my all time favorites.

Marvel nailed it with this movie. Boden and Fleck or on my radar as top directors can't wait to see what they do with the sequel.

Captain Marvel passed Hunger Games to become the highest grossing female solo film. It'll be the first and only female lead movie to cross a billion. If you had told me 10 years ago the Avengers lead female would lead female cinema I would have laughed you outta the room.

Seriously though....imagine if someone had told you Ms. Marvel would not just lead comic females in cinema but all of female cinema..... you would have immediately called them crazy. Seriously think about that a second. Ms. Marvel climbed highets no female has at the BO. And is being played BY A FREAKING OSCAR WINNER!! Wow!

This movie is definitely in my top 5 Marvel films. Amazing film. The haters definitely failed. Roaring success.

#12 Posted by Havenless (3109 posts) - - Show Bio

I liked Mendelsohn a lot

Avatar image for supermanforever
#13 Posted by Supermanforever (8541 posts) - - Show Bio

personally i thought it was a trash. But its matter of opinions.

#14 Posted by foxerdes (10260 posts) - - Show Bio

Decent.

#15 Posted by TheSuperor (6838 posts) - - Show Bio

Ranks among the 5 worst imo

#16 Posted by ANTHP2000 (27904 posts) - - Show Bio

Haven't seen A&TW. It's better than Homecoming. Not as good as IW or BP. Very comparable to Ragnarok in raw quality, even if it's not quite as enjoyable for me.

It's fine, I'd give it a 7 out of 10 by MCU standards.

#19 Posted by Kidolio (1139 posts) - - Show Bio

I think it’s fine about as good as the good marvel films go but not one of the best.

Avatar image for deactivated-5cc746539ff3b
#20 Posted by deactivated-5cc746539ff3b (1013 posts) - - Show Bio

It was above average I liked it more than Dr. Strange, Ant-man, Ironman-2&3...

#21 Posted by dshipp17 (5533 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd like to go see this, after I complete some stress work that I have to complete in relation to my reinstatement case; but, I just might go see it next week or next weekend, literally making it the first movie I've seen at a theater since X-men: Fist Class, but, this would be something to celebrate for me and to let go of stress for a few hours, at least.