• 77 results
Richubs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Richubs

OK so I don't watch AOU so please tell me if my question is dumb it's that I've heard that AOU is a part of the Main MCU but I don't see how that is possible given what they have done in the battle threads.

There are dudes like Gavitron and chicks like Quake who can level down buildings and have crazy fights and whatnot yet when these movies happen they are absent and when the movies happen aren't called for help.

Isn't that a massive look hole that isn't explained or even addressed by the movies?

Does AOU have a single valid explanation for this?

And if they have flimsy explanations is it because the main MCU Team hates the show team and don't let them in on the shit that's about to happen?

Please let me know.

Mister_Surreal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Mister_Surreal

@richubs: It is apart of the MCU. But characters from the tv shows pretty much never interact with the movies.

Richubs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Richubs

@mister_surreal:

Isn't that a massive loop hole?

That's the explanation I want to know about?

Mister_Surreal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

krisbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

They're run by separate subsidiaries so they almost never interact. The most prominent connection is the set-up for Age of Ultron.

Heatforce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Heatforce

Brah like almost all the good guys are located in NY. They don't interact in each other's storylines because of plot. Just head canon that the characters were doing something else.

On that note the only series in question about connectivity imo are the Netflix shows...given how messy their cancellations were and ultimately Disney rebooting them in a few years. Plus I read the Ghostrider show coming to hulu will not be part of the mcu? Who knows ?‍♂️

EmmaFrostXmen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No, the directors just claim it is lol. They’re irrelevant to the MCU

RabumAlal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think your post meant AoS (Agents of Shield) and it is of course not canon to the MCU. Don’t see how anyone can interpret it any other way.

Tomkatie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Allegedly, it is. Realistically? Hell no

The showrunners have mentioned they have no plans to incorporate the MCU's Thanos Snappening nor the 5 year period where everyone on Earth was dusted. Given that the newest season chronologically is supposed to take place one year after The Snappening, I think this is the final nail in the coffin

Richubs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mister_Surreal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Mister_Surreal

@richubs: Well, they usually keep their stories separate but connected through certain means, like major MCU events like the fall of shield affecting the series itself. And of course the references to superheroes and the character interactions.

Loading Video...

Richubs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Richubs

@mister_surreal:

I have a feeling the AoS Team wasn't told about the event and maybe the quality dropped over there?

I have a feeling they're saying it's relevant to the main timeline is to print money and it's very lazily done

Mister_Surreal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@richubs: I agree. It's technically connected, just in a very poor way.

rdskns4eva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Its peripherally connected at best but there are some direct references, like Nick Fury showing up and ordering the resurrection of Coulson.

Avatar image for chicago_bastard
chicago_bastard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@richubs: It's one-sided. AoS showrunners claim it is part of MCU (but maybe even that changed now as they don't even reference post-snap in the show...)

From movie standpoint it isn't and never was. Joss Whedon even said that Coulson is still dead in the movie universe when Age of Ultron came out in 2015. Only TV show that is recognized by the movies is Agent Carter.

Paytience

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Paytience

@tomkatie: The new season takes place before the snap. It's a soft retcon made possible since they never gave any time until Thanos' arrival in season. The show runners did an interview on it the day of the premier.

ot...yes, they are part of the MCU. In fact, a lot of AoS tech has in fact made it into the movies, (The mouse hole that saved Fury in TWS was a Fitz invention) and as of right now there are no real continuity holes.

Feige and company have said biggest reason they haven't used them is because the filming and release schedules of movies vs show make it almost impossible to do without their being spoiler issues and leaks.

---

But yes. AoS is canon to the MCU and it would take Disney to change that, or some pretty hard set WoG from several people on either side.

Paytience

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Season 6 is before the snap:

https://comicbook.com/marvel/2019/05/11/agents-of-shield-season-6-takes-place-before-the-snap-thanos-infinity-war/

byondeon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes, considering that they have had several references and characters from the movies. Here are a few notable things that I can think of that would make it so (not remember all the episode numbers and shit).

A piece of Chitauri armor was shown to Ward in the first episode.

Hill is mentioning Thor in that episode as well.

Season 1 episode 8 mentions Asgard and Coulson complains that Thor and the Asgardians didn't clean up after Thor 2 movie in London.

Sif appears in 2 episodes.

Thanos and Stark are mentioned in the show.

Fury appears in the show.

An Asgardian appears in season 1 episode 8 who were scared when Coulson mentioned Thor.

These are all I can remember from the top of my head.

RBT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Um, AoS S6 taking place pre-snap makes absolutely zero sense. S5 finale was taking place along with the beginning of Infinity War. And 1 year has passed since then. What am I missing?

Paytience

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@byondeon: Season 1 ep 20-May sneaks Maria Hill for a meeting discussing Fury's "death".

Seaso 2 ep 19- Coulson and teamchase List to Sokovia. Coulson then contacts Hill and let's her know Loki's scepter is in Sokovia, send in the Avengers- kicking of AoU. Coulson also headed Theta protocol, which built the helicarrier which evacuated Sokovia.

Paytience

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Paytience

@rbt: Season 5 didn't take place alongside IW is what they are saying. We were never given any hard dates after season 4 finale, thus there is no telling exactly when S5 ended in the timeline. We were told that Thanos was coming, but was never given any time to arrival. Just qord from thw confederacy, iirc.

So the executive producers took that gap and gave us a soft ret. Now we just know that the team returned to the main timeline some time before Thanos appears.

Basically, now AoS is a little bit behind the movies in the timeline, like how netflix has been. I'd bet Season 7 is post Endgame.

RBT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@paytience:

Season 5 didn't take place alongside IW is what they are saying. We were never given any hard dates after season 4 finale, thus there is no telling exactly when S5 ended in the timeline. We were told that Thanos was coming, but was never given any time to arrival. Just qord from thw confederacy, iirc.

No, they said that Thanos' forces were attacking as they spoke. In an earlier episode, some guy also asked Daisy if she saw what was happening in New York. Maybe they decided to ignore those, but before this season came back, they definitely had Season 5 finale set at the same time as Infinity War.

byondeon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@paytience: True.. So many references you can't keep track of them all. I have not seen Season 5 so can't really say any reference from that season (think Thanos was mentioned in Season 5 but saw a clip from that so..)

Avatar image for deactivated-5cdc9a3e08b98
deactivated-5cdc9a3e08b98

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lol, no

TrueMoonchilde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By TrueMoonchilde

I hope not. I feel it's done little to the MCU other then to reduce some of the emotional/shocking elements of the movies. Resurrecting Coulson was a mistake, and ret-conning Hydra to be some weird ancient snake cult thing instead of just a fascist paramilitary organization rather irked me. Fortunately neither of these are reflected in the movies.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't watch agents of shield but I feel like they missed an opportunity by not having this season take place during the snap years. The snap years I interpreted as a dark era in marvel history. i would like to explore that era more.

Aka_aka_aka_ak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Aka_aka_aka_ak

I think of it like Schrodinger's cat, it's neither canon nor not canon until a movie either references it or contradicts it. I personally don't consider it canon, there's too much to try and reconcile- incredibly powerful characters, artefacts, advanced technology and magic that undermine the films too much. It's clear that AoS thinks it's set in the MCU (references films), but the movies don't care enough to verify it.

@byondeon all those things only tell us that the films are canon to AoS, it doesn't tell us anything about the converse.

RBT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44 said:

I don't watch agents of shield but I feel like they missed an opportunity by not having this season take place during the snap years. The snap years I interpreted as a dark era in marvel history. i would like to explore that era more.

Probably because this season was shot between Infinity War and Endgame and they had no clue what was going to happen in Endgame. Maybe, they will do S7 in the snap era.

Paytience

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rbt: Iunno. They retconned it. Maybe those statements are removed from future releases, the same way Elliot Randolph's "nothing on earth can hurt me" statement was.

Paytience

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Paytience

@aka_aka_aka_ak: First...It's canon because Disney and Marvel Studios say it is. Second, several events from AoS were in the movies.

AoS S02E19 "The Dirty Half Dozen" aired April 28, 2015 and Age of Ultron released May 01, 2015.

Meaning the team chased List to Sokovia, and Coulson contacted Hill to send the Avengers in BEFORE Age of Ultron even released.

The entire opening scene of that movie was a tie in to AoS.

RBT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rbt: Iunno. They retconned it. Maybe those statements are removed from future releases, the same way Elliot Randolph's "nothing on earth can hurt me" statement was.

Yeah, they definitely retconned it. If they hadn't come out and said it, I'd have assumed it was taking place in 2019 because of that 1-year time jump.

Avatar image for marvelanddcfan24
MarvelandDCfan24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Aos isnt canon to the MCU but the MCU is canon to AoS

Its a garbage show though

Paytience

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Paytience

@rbt: Totally. I was thinking that to. I came across that article on accident looking for the episode times. I didn't even think it was a question. But, it's definitely easier to fit everything in now.

Stahlflamme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#34  Edited By Stahlflamme

@rbt: To be fair Spider-Man homecoming supposedly took place eight years after Avengers if the eight years later writing is to be believed which would put it a solid four years after civil war, which based on Peters age definetly isn't so Loeb going like somehow this year and some is still presnap is weirdly not unprecedented in material nobody disputes to be canon.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e37510e25a10
deactivated-5e37510e25a10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes, didn’t they talk about a disturbance in Africa during the exact time IW was going on?

The_Justiciar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By The_Justiciar

@rbt said:
@jashro44 said:

Probably because this season was shot between Infinity War and Endgame and they had no clue what was going to happen in Endgame. Maybe, they will do S7 in the snap era.

They pretty much banked on the idea that the snap would be reversed and not kept as a part of history, like what everyone thought would happen. Endgame not doing that screwed them over.

Either way, the show clearly takes place in 2019. I like to think this is a reality in which Thor went for the head, and so the snap never happened.

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 anthp2000  Moderator

ANOTHER THREAD TO IGNORE.

The_Justiciar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By The_Justiciar

@truemoonchilde said:

I hope not. I feel it's done little to the MCU other then to reduce some of the emotional/shocking elements of the movies. Resurrecting Coulson was a mistake, and ret-conning Hydra to be some weird ancient snake cult thing instead of just a fascist paramilitary organization rather irked me. Fortunately neither of these are reflected in the movies.

I'm curious about your perspective, even though it's not really canon anymore

What did Coulson do in the films for his death to have an emotional impact? In the show, he's a fully realized character with a life of his own and relationships of his own. He's objectively better written/acted in the show than in the films.

As far as HYDRA goes, I think it was actually really well written into the mythos of the show. From an outsider's perspective, I can see how fans of the films might be turned off to it. But tying together the Maveth/ATCU/Inhumans/HYDRA plotlines in that manner was pretty brilliant story-telling wise, IMO.

KrleAvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 114

ANOTHER THREAD TO IGNORE.

But... posting this means you did not ignore it...

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 anthp2000  Moderator
Avatar image for firestarlord73194
FireStarLord73194

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It is but rarely crosses over. And it’s version of time travel is contradictory to endgame

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By rogueshadow  Moderator

No. I gave up on this a long time ago. Different studios. Feige clearly isn't acknowledging Loeb's shows. The shows have never impacted the films, only post-hoc add ins to feign connectivity. After Feige split from Perlmutter even that died. Now Loeb is so out of the loop that AoS isn't even acknowledging the Snap despite being a year afterwards.

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

As far as the movies are concerned these shows don’t exist. Only tv character to cross over into a movie is Jarvis The Original Butler for Howard Stark.

Some of the movie characters pop in the tv show. Like Fiege really didn’t like Coulson being alive. It really irked the hell out of him. After that it was a done deal he was never gonna show the tv shows any real love.

The_Justiciar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By The_Justiciar

@paytience said:

@rbt: Totally. I was thinking that to. I came across that article on accident looking for the episode times. I didn't even think it was a question. But, it's definitely easier to fit everything in now.

Honestly, I think of it as its own thing now. I like to say "AoS is in a verse where Thor went for the head" lol

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 anthp2000  Moderator
The_Justiciar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@anthp2000: Go back to ignoring this thread, it's for the benefit of everyone here

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By rogueshadow  Moderator

@mickey-mouse said:

As far as the movies are concerned these shows don’t exist. Only tv character to cross over into a movie is Jarvis The Original Butler for Howard Stark.

Some of the movie characters pop in the tv show. Like Fiege really didn’t like Coulson being alive. It really irked the hell out of him. After that it was a done deal he was never gonna show the tv shows any real love.

Didn't know Feige didn't like the concept from the jump, I knew Whedon dismissed it's canonicity.

I think that Agent Carter has always had a closer relationship with the films. Feige had a legitimate hand in its early production and was integral in the seminal one-shot. This is a show he actually wanted to make. Had it not been made when it was, we might be seeing an Agent Carter show on D+ in the future. I always thought if any show were canon it would be AC.

The_Justiciar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By The_Justiciar

@rogueshadow: It clearly takes place in 2019 (one year after Infinity War), IMO. The fact that it hasn't addressed the snap means it diverged into its own timeline.

AoS s6 is in 2019, in a different verse from mainstream MCU.

AchievedHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By AchievedHero

This is the CLEAR PROBLEMS of these marvel tv shows. Graviton, ghost rider, Quake, etc could be really helpful in the infinity saga. But no show. The whole idea of a tv side of MCU is useless if they aren't going to use this characters on the big screen. I don't understand why people like Kevin Feige sit around and say it's all connected but doesn't even think of adding these characters. The fact that AoS is not gonna reference the biggest catastrophe of the Marvel Cinematic Universe is beyond me. They aren't connected. They should stop telling us all this bs.

Paytience

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Paytience

@achievedhero: @the_magister: I mean if you wanna ignore the executive producers, w/e. They say it's before the snap, it's before the snap. All that means is that the "incident in Africa" is the Wakanda Civil War, not the IW battle.