I think Civil War might be the best

tb86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 636

Everyone has their own opinion but I feel like I'm the only one who thinks Civil War is the best. Why? I mean every list I see it's outranked by Iron Man or Black Panther or winter Soldier or Guardians of the Galaxy. What do those movies have that Civil War doesn't? Civil War has conflict between heroes and friends, drama and all these superheroes and as an added extra it has Spider-Man.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c531e53b02be
deactivated-5c531e53b02be

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Civil war is good and it's not about what does or doesn't have.

All 4 are good, the 3 you mentioned just have less problems.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

It's my second favourite MCU movie personally and I know plenty of other people like Civil War a lot. It's just Iron Man was the baseline for the MCU origin movie, Winter Soldier was an intense spy thriller, Guardians of the Galaxy is off the wall kooky and Black Panther is inspired by a lot of African culture and history. Everyone has their preferences.

Avatar image for itouchedtheboat
ITouchedTheBoat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Man, I hated Civil War. Maybe it's because it ruined the entire dynamic between the Avengers especially right before infinity war, or that a huge fan base tried using it to ship the idea that Bucky and Steve are in love with one another. However, in terms of MCU it isn't nearly my favorite, but it did introduce Black Panther, which I've been impatiently waiting for since AoU so that was a plus.

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#5 JediXMan  Moderator

Civil War is my second favorite after Winter Soldier.

SondrMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Loading Video...

I like Civil War a lot, but that doesn't change the fact that I hate what they did with Iron Man in that movie...

pastepotpete1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Man, I hated Civil War. Maybe it's because it ruined the entire dynamic between the Avengers especially right before infinity war, or that a huge fan base tried using it to ship the idea that Bucky and Steve are in love with one another. However, in terms of MCU it isn't nearly my favorite, but it did introduce Black Panther, which I've been impatiently waiting for since AoU so that was a plus.

umm they do love each other as brothers biblically .. bucky sacrificed himself so steve could live so umm yeah

black panther was the only marvel movie that i used the remote controller on to fast forward the boring scenes

ITouchedTheBoat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@itouchedtheboat said:

umm they do love each other as brothers biblically .. bucky sacrificed himself so steve could live so umm yeah

not even remotely what I meant lol. back in 2016 and 2017 I used to go on my instagram explore page and see full out rants about how Marvel is 'breaking down LGBT barriers by making it's american hero gay' and how disappointed people would be if they didn't end up becoming a couple.

black panther was the only marvel movie that i used the remote controller on to fast forward the boring scenes

how dare you. Black Panther is probably the third/fourth best MCU movie imo

pastepotpete1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pastepotpete1 said:
@itouchedtheboat said:

not even remotely what I meant lol. back in 2016 and 2017 I used to go on my instagram explore page and see full out rants about how Marvel is 'breaking down LGBT barriers by making it's american hero gay' and how disappointed people would be if they didn't end up becoming a couple.

how dare you. Black Panther is probably the third/fourth best MCU movie imo

yeah but chris evans would not take the part they would use someone else 2) mcu they cant make captain america gay unless its phase two where they change all the characters like they did with x-men but as far as phase one goes captain america already had not one but two intimate relationships 3) it would be a complete waste of time two men cannot have a baby colonel fury would not let cap become gay the future needs his genetics whether it would be a boy or girl 3) even if he becomes gay it doesnt matter captain america wont really be the bad ass everyone is so scared of once fox and disney /marvel become one unit cap america will go from being a high tier street leveler to mediocre tier street leveler

ITouchedTheBoat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By ITouchedTheBoat

@pastepotpete1: did you forget what I said? I was never advocating for Steve and Bucky to hit the sack. I was expressing my distaste for the group of fans that were using Civil War and Winter Soldier as evidence as to why they are in love and as a result it ruined my taste for Civil War.

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By cattlebattle

Maybe it's because it ruined the entire dynamic between the Avengers especially right before infinity war,

Now I'm not a Marvel sycophant or anything, in fact, I think most of the films are corny or sub par at best, however, I do think the team dynamic was done infinitely better in the films. In the comics, the Avengers are a bunch of goofy, gung ho super heroes who just hang out together to fight bad guys, unless there was familial drama or relationship issues most characters got along without much conflict, which never made sense honestly considering the characters are very dichotomous in many ways. I feel the films have handled differences pretty well. Ever since the first Avengers film the characters, particularly Cap and Iron man, have had hostility, and seeing it come to a head in Civil War was pretty well handled.

ITouchedTheBoat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@itouchedtheboat said:

Maybe it's because it ruined the entire dynamic between the Avengers especially right before infinity war,

Now I'm not a Marvel sycophant or anything, in fact, I think most of the films are corny or sub par at best, however, I do think the team dynamic was done infinitely better in the films. In the comics, the Avengers are a bunch of goofy, gung ho super heroes who just hang out together to fight bad guys, unless there was familial drama or relationship issues most characters got along without much conflict, which never made sense honestly considering the characters are very dichotomous in many ways. I feel the films have handled differences pretty well. Ever since the first Avengers film the characters, particularly Cap and Iron man, have had hostility, and seeing it come to a head in Civil War was pretty well handled.

YES! I never realized until you said it, but now I know why I find Justice League comics much more enticing and interesting. The heroes have issues with each other and they aren't afraid of conflicting with each other.

however, I do disagree with you on the rest, Ironman and Cap had conflicts with each other in the other avengers films but it was never a betrayal. They still had a common goal and that was to save the world, in Civil War Steve hid a secret from Tony that any reasonable person would feel betrayed by, it just shouldn't have happened right before the Avengers' biggest fight in history. However they did pivot off of it very well in the new movie

pastepotpete1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

but people say it A( civil war)ruined tony's character made him seem like a asshole into a evil asshole i dont agree

pastepotpete1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By pastepotpete1

@itouchedtheboat said:
@cattlebattle said:
@itouchedtheboat said:

YES! I never realized until you said it, but now I know why I find Justice League comics much more enticing and interesting. The heroes have issues with each other and they aren't afraid of conflicting with each other.

however, I do disagree with you on the rest, Ironman and Cap had conflicts with each other in the other avengers films but it was never a betrayal. They still had a common goal and that was to save the world, in Civil War Steve hid a secret from Tony that any reasonable person would feel betrayed by, it just shouldn't have happened right before the Avengers' biggest fight in history. However they did pivot off of it very well in the new movie

i disagree bucky almost killed him but saved him i dont mind that they love each other as brothers i am sick to death of .. movies like dr strange .. rich white cacuasian women with 5 years older rich white caucasian man .... i need to forget about how bad the real world is .. racism , discriminatoion , class A clas B

remember when thor lifted stark off the ground in a choke iwth one hand? if they werent fighting over bucky they wouldve fought over something else .. it was not love that they fought each other it was inveitable just like thanos winning it was invietable .. stark and cap were going to go at eventually .. if thor had not lifted tony .. cap wouldve .. but if thor and tony went at it . .. tony would be dead .. see the difference ?]

cap is partly in love with black widow too he said to bruce if i were you i wold go for it .. you're reading too much into it .. guardian of the galaxy two i didnt like because i dont like when bad guys go soft

ITouchedTheBoat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i disagree bucky almost killed him but saved him i dont mind that they love each other as brothers i am sick to death of .. movies like dr strange .. rich white cacuasian women with 5 years older rich white caucasian man .... i need to forget about how bad the real world is .. racism , discriminatoion , class A clas B

I swear Tony and Strange are the only two white rich heroes. Who else are you talking about?

remember when thor lifted stark off the ground in a choke iwth one hand? if they werent fighting over bucky they wouldve fought over something else .. it was not love that they fought each other it was inveitable just like thanos winning it was invietable .. stark and cap were going to go at eventually .. if thor had not lifted tony .. cap wouldve .. but if thor and tony went at it . .. tony would be dead .. see the difference ?]

yeah but my point was that even though all the conflicts the Avengers had with one another, five scenes later they'd forget about it and be friends again. Civil War left a permanent scar in the relationship with Tony and Cap and it pretty much ruined the dynamic within the team.

cap is partly in love with black widow too he said to bruce if i were you i wold go for it .. you're reading too much into it .. guardian of the galaxy two i didnt like because i dont like when bad guys go soft

lol no he's not in love with Black widow, if anything Black widow was crushing super hard on Steve until he decided she wanted the wimpy pessimistic Banner instead. Also, I don't seem to understand why you keep trying to convince me Steve and Bucky aren't homosexuals when we've already cleared up I'm not the one saying they are nor am I the one that is saying they should be

pastepotpete1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By pastepotpete1

@itouchedtheboat said:
@pastepotpete1 said:

I swear Tony and Strange are the only two white rich heroes. Who else are you talking about?

yeah but my point was that even though all the conflicts the Avengers had with one another, five scenes later they'd forget about it and be friends again. Civil War left a permanent scar in the relationship with Tony and Cap and it pretty much ruined the dynamic within the team.

lol no he's not in love with Black widow, if anything Black widow was crushing super hard on Steve until he decided she wanted the wimpy pessimistic Banner instead. Also, I don't seem to understand why you keep trying to convince me Steve and Bucky aren't homosexuals when we've already cleared up I'm not the one saying they are nor am I the one that is saying they should be

sorry,but i would give you a -1 job at getting me to dislike civil war

i didnt like x-men DOFP when when mystique gets captured after tortures henry Guyrick and they say it wasnt her first kill and xavier said it puts her down a dark road? wtf makes no sense .. and then wolverine said and killing Guyrick wasnt her last kill

but honestly i cant relate to your way of thinking because if every single women was wiped out off the face of the earth and they were all dead it wouldnt really bother me.. i had a couple of girls break my heart , cheat me , lie to me , use me i became a junkie becaue of it .. so if women were wiped off the face of the earth thanos snaps his fingers i wouldnt care so much

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 anthp2000  Moderator

@jedixman said:

Civil War is my second favorite after Winter Soldier.

ITouchedTheBoat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

lol nobody is trying to convince you or change your opinion. I was just sharing my opinion initially, you're the one that told me I was wrong while only supporting me on the reasons I thought it was garbage

i didnt like x-men DOFP when when mystique gets captured after tortures henry Guyrick and they say it wasnt her first kill and xavier said it puts her down a dark road? wtf makes no sense .. and then wolverine said and killing Guyrick wasnt her last kill

he was saying that her becoming comfortable with murdering people to solve her problems would lead her to becoming more inclined to using murder as a solution.

but honestly i cant relate to your way of thinking because if every single women was wiped out off the face of the earth and they were all dead it wouldnt really bother me.. i had a couple of girls break my heart , cheat me , lie to me , use me i became a junkie becaue of it .. so if women were wiped off the face of the earth thanos snaps his fingers i wouldnt care so much

??? What did I even say for you to give me this kind of response? I'm sorry to hear your life took a negative turn because of the terrible things in your life, I hope you turn that around if you haven't already.

pastepotpete1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pastepotpete1 said:

lol nobody is trying to convince you or change your opinion. I was just sharing my opinion initially, you're the one that told me I was wrong while only supporting me on the reasons I thought it was garbage

he was saying that her becoming comfortable with murdering people to solve her problems would lead her to becoming more inclined to using murder as a solution.

??? What did I even say for you to give me this kind of response? I'm sorry to hear your life took a negative turn because of the terrible things in your life, I hope you turn that around if you haven't already.

no it made absolutley no sense i think it was a mistake in the directing

mystique kills Henry Guyrick it was the first time she killed wolverine said and it wasnt her last

she was captured that day tortured in her body they found the key .. it was the first time she killed .. wolverine says and it was

if it was x-men 2000 mystique where she actually lives and becomes magnetos assassin i would say yeah but she never killed anyone after that .. why ? because when you dissected you like .. um die

everyone i talk to says that it was a total mistake in the writing but they figured if they made a great movie people would just forget about it .. i just hope we dont see the white queen emma in the next x-men movie

RabumAlal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Infinity War

Ragnarok

Civil War