xzone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By xzone
No Caption Provided

I've seen quite a bit of debate on how powerful Thor's cloak is, how it works, and if it even exists. Now, I'm going to explain the cloak in detail

How The Cloak Works:

No Caption Provided

First of all, the cloak is a force of it's own, and can defend Thor by itself

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Seen here. The cloak pushes these Asgardian soliders away from Thor. Simply put, you can't get to Thor without overpowering his cloak

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Which is even more powerful with Stormbreaker

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Thor can also give weapons such as Stormbreaker their own cloak as seen here

Destructive Power:

No Caption Provided

Here the cloak destroys this outrider ship, casually

This is often denied. People will say that Thor's cloak wasn't responsible for the destruction of these ships, but I have further evidence beyond the obvious

No Caption Provided

Here you can see that Thor's cloak is clearly activated (Notice the outriders are killed by the cloak as Thor flies by)

No Caption Provided

And as we can see, when the cloak is activated there is lightning all around Thor, so Thor flying through a ship would obviously cause the lightning to flow through it

No Caption Provided

Just like we see when Thor flies through the ship

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

The same thing happened when Thor destroyed one of these massive machines in Wakanda

No Caption Provided

This is very impressive considering these ships tanked re-entry, hitting the ground at re-entry speeds, and the full force of the Wakandan Air-force

No Caption Provided

It's also important to note that even if the lightning did not destroy the ships entirely, it is undeniable that the lightning did break through the sides of the ship which tanked Re-entry, so we know for a fact that this cloak is>Re-entry level

Healing Factor:

This cloak also has a healing factor. Simply put, Thor was hurt pretty badly by Hela, but once he activated his cloak he was fine

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Conclusion:

To even tag Thor, you must get through a nearly ten foot radius of lightning. That lightning is casually>re-entry level, but even if Thor is hit, he has a healing factor that can heal him from stabs in seconds

xzone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

phisigmatau

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xzone:
awesome! good read thnx!

Amcu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nothing I can disagree with here. Lightning cloak is one of the many things that makes Thor so hard to defeat.

xzone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

xzone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By xzone

@amcu said:

Nothing I can disagree with here. Lightning cloak is one of the many things that makes Thor so hard to defeat.

Thanks. I realize you did discuss this in your respect thread, but I decided to explain it a little further. Hope you don't mind

Edit: Btw, I noticed something interesting that was extremely obvious, but I missed. Even if Thor's cloak didn't destroy the ships, as some people will claim, the lightning still visibly breaks through the side of the ship, proving it is at least re-entry level lightning

X

Chazzer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xzone: If Flash had a lightning cloak as powerful as Thor's, he could have zapped Clark off of him.

No Caption Provided

IPvMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By IPvMan

@chazzer: He 100% could not have just zapped Clark off of him. That is absurb. He's tanked far greater than Thor can output and flown through it. Meanwhile Thor would be about as still as that statue the whole time, not dodging punches like Flash. So I'd love to see Thor eat five Flash level speed punches to the face from Superman.

Chazzer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ipvman: Cloak does its own thing. As the above gifs have shown. Clark is not faster than lightning, as the above gifs show.

He got pushed back and grimaced by Cyborg's single wrist blast. Very small attack.

He got nailed hard and hurt by the Kryptonian ship blast.

Feel free to show me where he no sells an energy attack.

IPvMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@chazzer: That gif shows Clark moving damn near as fast as the lightning bolt. Superman is definitely faster than lightning as he has Mach 900 speed feats while lightning's down stroke is 286.

Sure thing.

No Caption Provided

I need not remind you he proceeded to fly through and one shot the world engine moments later. So Thor's cloak is not affecting him in the slightest.

Chazzer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ipvman: How long was he down there gathering his strength to make his approach? He was standing still for a bit.

The bolt reached him well before his arm extended out to punch. Not even close.

Lol, that was his flight speed while moving high in the sky.

IPvMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By IPvMan

@chazzer:

How long was he down there gathering his strength to make his approach? He was standing still for a bit.

The movie explicitly states it will weaken him. It was making the atmosphere like Krypton and therefore sapping his powers. Lois tells him that before he leaves to the Indian Ocean. So he was tanking a beam capable of displacing thousands of tons of ocean water, leveling 27 story buildings in one shot, while weakened. Thor's lighting is little stuff.

The bolt reached him well before his arm extended out to punch. Not even close.

I see his arm and the lightning moving back at almost the same pace. So I guess it's just up to what you're looking at.

Lol, that was his flight speed while moving high in the sky.

Which extends to a blitz which Thor has no chance of reacting to. There's a guidebook somewhere that also states his travel speed is equal to his reactions because he has to be able to zip around buildings. And he has feats for that so...

No Caption Provided

joshua755

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@ipvman: a little off topic huh guys lol jk

krisbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#14 krisbishop  Moderator

Pretty cool stuff, never put these together! One of the top MCU Thor fans indeed.

Also, regarding your last statement, I'm guessing based off your own explanation, Thor's lightning cloak is now way larger than a ten-foot radius while boosted my Stormbreaker. Based off the gif it looks like it could be even ten metres.

Heatforce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Good gif work. In battles does stormbreaker grant instant heal like when he did the star thing? I don't know if he can use it more than once going off Mjolnir, who had a similarish feat at the end of Thor.

ourmanuel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By ourmanuel

Ahh lighting cloak.

The ultimate counter to “Thor gets blitzed”

Edit: lol, I don’t know what people are smoking, but his cloak isn’t doing much to Clark.

Mrnoital

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

It doesn't look automatic, it only surges off him when he makes a move, lighting coming off his back as he kicks forward, and a lot of lightning flowing through his punches there

Avatar image for petey_is_spidey
Petey_is_Spidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

Ahh lighting cloak.

Edit: lol, I don’t know what people are smoking, but his cloak isn’t doing much to Clark.

Exactly lol; these people really think some little electric discharge is going to do something to Clark XD

Avatar image for deactivated-5d731ee5de2e9
deactivated-5d731ee5de2e9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

All of these is just a reach and considering you don't understand the basics of combustion, pointless. The cloak can't hurt anyone remotely close to hela in durability. The cloak in ragnarok would have the same effect on the ships in IW, it wasn't more powerful, just a bigger radius

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 anthp2000  Moderator

I see an expected yet astonishing amount of headcanon, misinterpretation and reaching to make something of a fan-made term (this "cloak") relevant.

Avatar image for thebestofthebest
ThEBeStOfTheBeST

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ourmanuel said:

Ahh lighting cloak.

Exactly lol; these people really think some little electric discharge is going to do something to Clark XD

Dogzee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Dogzee

^ This. Also cloak didnt destroy those ships. Stupidest thing I ever read. Name one instance Thor's lightning has generated explosions, I'll wait. Even Warmachine made the wheels of death explode with bullets so Thor doing it isn't justification.

He simply hit something within the ship that was explosive. The end.

I disagree on his cloak being it's own sentient being like Doctor Strange's cloak, just a dumb idea lmao. Thor wills it to strike out, you show one instance of some zombies attacking him from behind and now you think the cloak is an entire self operating thing. No he was just simply aware of the threats behind him. Not the first time he's attacked enemies from behind without looking, he did it alot with Mjolnir, like in the opening of Thor Ragnarok when we got the 360 shot of Mjolnir as he fought enemies h2h

Oh an Thor has no healing factor. Hela never crippled him he just fought through the pain before she finally did beat the hell out him and he was injured and left out of breathe and had to resort to calling Surtur. It may be plausible that when he first unlocked his powers fully that he healed like when he forged Stormbreaker and when he got his godhood back in the first movie. But besides that he has no healing in battle. Kurse whooped his ass and he was still bloody and scarred the next day. Ultron also did it to his ass.

Avatar image for supremegeneration
SupremeGeneration

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I see a lot of “lmao muh cloak” comments yet, and this is a word that those people themselves used, unsurprisingly there’s a lack of decent counters.

Scipio123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I find it amusing how people get obsessed with semantic debates over whether the lightning that comes off Thor's body constitutes a "cloak" or not.

Even if you think "cloak" isn't an accurate term (perhaps shield or shroud would be better), it doesn't make its feats any less impressive.

MAZAHS117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By MAZAHS117

It looks like the cloak works great for fodder opponents and ships/vehicles and what have you, but I don’t see it as anything opponents with high tier durability can’t handle ?‍♂️

xzone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Chazzer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mazahs117: That's a fair assessment, however the outrider ship is extremely durable as demonstrated by it high impact landing.

Thor's lightning was able to punch through the hull with seeming ease. It is not unreasonable to believe it can affect strong characters to some extent.

helloman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is good.

ourmanuel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It looks like the cloak works great for fodder opponents and ships/vehicles and what have you, but I don’t see it as anything opponents with high tier durability can’t handle ?‍♂️

Those ships and vehicles weren’t fodder

godzilla44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I see an expected yet astonishing amount of headcanon, misinterpretation and reaching to make something of a fan-made term (this "cloak") relevant.

Thorthunder98

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's great for taking out fodder and would probably hurt mid-tiers but I don't think it's re-entry level you can't really prove it was his cloak that destroyed the ship or not in IW it could've been lightning from Stormbreaker like we saw him use on Thanos. We do know his lightning can casually destroy re-entry level ships but don't know if it was his lightning cloak or lightning from Stormbreaker.

MAZAHS117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mazahs117 said:

Eh. I still remain unconvinced that the damage done to those ships were entirely because of Thor’s lightning cloak. I’m not pooh-poohing his cloak either, but I think some blow it’s effects out of proportion to fit their own narrative when discussing him. ...S’alls I’m sayin.

ourmanuel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ourmanuel said:
@mazahs117 said:

Eh. I still remain unconvinced that the damage done to those ships were entirely because of Thor’s lightning cloak. I’m not pooh-poohing his cloak either, but I think some blow it’s effects out of proportion to fit their own narrative when discussing him. ...S’alls I’m sayin.

Yeah, I’m not completely convinced that his cloak caused the damage within the ships.

However There’s a gif floating around somewhere of his lighting latching on to one of the smaller outrider drill shaped ships, and causing explosions on it.

@xzone you’re up.

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 anthp2000  Moderator

I don't know why I even bother to mention this, but cannot people see he's wielding the Stormbreaker while tearing through the Outrider ship?

Avatar image for deactivated-5c917f846ef0b
deactivated-5c917f846ef0b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Who even came up with the term "lightning cloak".

Avatar image for deactivated-5f5eba8f0a2dd
deactivated-5f5eba8f0a2dd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't know why I even bother to mention this, but cannot people see he's wielding the Stormbreaker while tearing through the Outrider ship?

Its a common misconception. His "cloak" never destroyed the ships, its a feat for Stormbreaker.

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By anthp2000  Moderator

@anthp2000 said:

Its a common misconception. His "cloak" never destroyed the ships, its a feat for Stormbreaker.

No, it's just a common way to oversell Thor. Almost everything at this point is headcanon and double standards, but this is just the most glaring example I saw here.

Who even came up with the term "lightning cloak".

who knows

Chazzer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tonymartial: False. You can see the lightning burst through the hull of the ship, just like when he was on the bifrost bridge. Same thing.

The lightning from his body is just as strong, he used it against Hulk in the arena. When Thor was laying on the ground. Hulk went flying back with Thor never actually touching him, it was all lightning from his body.

Lightning cloak is legit.

xzone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thorthunder98: We know the lightning from the cloak is re-entry level because it broke through the side of the ship, even if it didn’t destroy the entire thing

X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By AvatarReiko

@chazzer said:

@ipvman: Clark is not faster than lightning, as the above gifs show.

Prove Thor's cloak is faster than lightning

rem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@anthp2000 said:

Avatar image for deactivated-60957cbcbe0f1
deactivated-60957cbcbe0f1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor makes people very very angry on this site.

I can’t wait until Captain Marvel comes out to put these battles to rest. Guys like Damme are going to have to delete their accounts.

Avatar image for thebestofthebest
ThEBeStOfTheBeST

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By ThEBeStOfTheBeST

He rammed into those ships with Stormbreaker. It's a decent striking force feat, not a lightning cloak feat.

Edit: the ships exploded because of something called combustion, but damaging them with stormbreaker is a great striking force feat.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e49375365792
deactivated-5e49375365792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I don't think Outrider ships were destroyed by the lightning Cloak. But its a nice energy attack nonetheless.

krisbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 krisbishop  Moderator

You know how insecure DCEU Supes fanboys are when they bring him into this thread despite nothing being mentioned about him.

It's like they trying really hard to debunk any possible feat for Thor.

Avatar image for marvelanddcfan24
MarvelandDCfan24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cloak really came in handy aginst Thanos

ThunderPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ThunderPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He rammed into those ships with Stormbreaker. It's a decent striking force feat, not a lightning cloak feat.

Edit: the ships exploded because of something called combustion, but damaging them with stormbreaker is a great striking force feat.

Either way, Thor's lightning cloak still managed to blast through the hull of the ship. I believe that is the point that x is trying to make.

xzone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thunderprince: Thanks man! And what you said to thebestofthebest is correct. The lightning broke through the side of the ship wether it totally destroyed them or not, so the lightning is without a doubt>Re-entry level

X

xzone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump