Agents of Shield Official Discussion Thread

AngelJax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

This season was already pretty grim but man, it just took a dark turn with tonight's episode.

Avatar image for thefallen_angel
TheFallen_Angel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well episode 8 was a thing. Damn.

Avatar image for blackspidey2099
blackspidey2099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Episode 8 was great. The scenes with May and Robin were awesome. And I love that we’re finally getting answers,

Also - did Fitzsimmons just design a time machine? Looks like we know who the new smartest ones in the MCU are...

Avatar image for deactivated-5c8fd6cb3e4f4
deactivated-5c8fd6cb3e4f4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

How my Netflix mcu gonna happen if the planet blown up...damn you Quake

AngelJax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Episode 8 was great. The scenes with May and Robin were awesome. And I love that we’re finally getting answers,

Also - did Fitzsimmons just design a time machine? Looks like we know who the new smartest ones in the MCU are...

The Momma May stuff was just too good, I love that it accomplishes two things, May having a child she could never have with Andrew and repenting for what happened in Bahrain. That's a character coming full circle if I ever seen it.

Also when Robin called May mom...who's cutting onions under my couch?

The_Justiciar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@angeljax said:
@blackspidey2099 said:

The Momma May stuff was just too good, I love that it accomplishes two things, May having a child she could never have with Andrew and repenting for what happened in Bahrain. That's a character coming full circle if I ever seen it.

Also when Robin called May mom...who's cutting onions under my couch?

I almost cried, I'm not even ashamed to admit it

AngelJax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_magister: It's the closest AoS has came to making me cry. I was pretty misty by the end of it. This is probably the most emotionally taxing episode.

The alternate future/timeline stuff or whatever was really heavy.

The_Justiciar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@angeljax: May...........oh man. She really has come full circle. I love the Cavalry. Ming Na Wen's acting was phenomenal in this episode. I literally wanted to give her a hug by the end of this episode.

AngelJax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_magister: "She's not here but don't worry, I'll stay with you."

"I'll stay here until you fall asleep"

Why is AoS trying to make us cry on Fridays?

The best bits are when May was literally the only person to have faith and remain optimistic after everything, which is something we've never seen from her. A broken and tired Fitz but a hopeful May. That was by far my favorite scene. The acting this episode all-around was phenomenal.

The_Justiciar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@angeljax: May is finally finding that light and hope in herself. I love it.

blackspidey2099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_magister: @angeljax: Yeah the character development for May this episode was so great. Just another reason why AoS is one of the best shows on air. I loved how the interplayed the flashbacks/flashforwards along with the present day scenes in general, but the stuff with May was, I think, some of the best emotional scenes AoS has ever done.

The_Justiciar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

blackspidey2099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@blackspidey2099: Not just AoS, some of the best in the MCU imo

So good...

Oh yeah, definitely. Honestly, I may just be an AoS fanboy, but I really think the show is notch above the rest of the MCU (including Netflix shows and even the movies) in terms of sheer quality of writing. More than anyone else, I get the feeling that the AoS showrunners and writers really get their characters.

The_Justiciar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114  Edited By The_Justiciar

@blackspidey2099 said:
@the_magister said:

So good...

Oh yeah, definitely. Honestly, I may just be an AoS fanboy, but I really think the show is notch above the rest of the MCU (including Netflix shows and even the movies) in terms of sheer quality of writing. More than anyone else, I get the feeling that the AoS showrunners and writers really get their characters.

It's definitely above the Netflix shows and films, imo

blackspidey2099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@blackspidey2099 said:
@the_magister said:

So good...

It's definitely above the Netflix shows and films, imo

Glad I'm not the only one who thinks that way!

AngelJax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@blackspidey2099: It's for sure above the Netflix shows. The thing that only really comes close is Jessica Jones imo, but even that doesn't compare to AoS' later seasons.

I'd put it above a lot of the flims as well. It's given a lot more room to breath and more time to fully flesh out the storyline and its characters. It's really a shame that movie side of the MCU isn't acknowledging it.

TheFallen_Angel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Definitely loved the May development, it was needed and boy did the AoS team deliver. Just phenomenal. I can't wait to get the full story, but I'm also really happy with what we got. Deke's still a dick, a pragmatic one, but still a dick. And interesting that they (flashback team) knew who Voss was. Seems like there've been loops before and we just avoided the one in which Voss killed Daisy.

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Excellent episode, though I didn't completely understood the flashbacks.

How was the team supposed to have lived the destruction of Earth and lived in the lighthouse for a time if they were taken in the past before all that happened and dropped in the future ??

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I just keep thinking how the Guardians of the Galaxy would come to rescue everyone in the lighthouse if this stuff actually happened and the MCU acknowledged it.

AngelJax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120  Edited By AngelJax

@thor_parker82 said:

How was the team supposed to have lived the destruction of Earth and lived in the lighthouse for a time if they were taken in the past before all that happened and dropped in the future ??

From my understanding

• 2091 - The team arrives from 2017. Collects info on how to save the world. Robin Dies. Team finds a way to travel back. Robin considers this the last day.
  • 2018 - Team arrives a few months after the diner abduction and attempts to save the world with the knowledge they've acquired. Daisy disappears. The last location she was seen is evacuated and a 12.8M earthquake cracks the earth like an egg. No witnesses to Daisy causing the event. Daisy is never seen again. Remaining team evacuates to the lighthouse. Robin's mother is dead by this point. May crashes Zephyr One on the way due to a gravity storm.
  • 2022 - Lighthouse, encrusted into a chunk of Earth, is now floating in space and suffering from potential critical system failures. Fitz and Simmons start to design the schematics for the time machine.
  • 2024-2025 - Some point after the 2022 events, the Kree are now in play. They provide power and water upgrades to the lighthouse in exchange for human servitude. Yoyo goes to war. May seems to have adopted Robin by this point.
  • 2025-2060 - All team members that have lived through the post-apocalyptic world are presumed dead with the exceptions of Robin and the orbiting CryoFitz+Enoch duo.
  • 2070s - Deke's mother is working on the time machine. She's eventually killed by Kree during this period. Deke's father continues her work.
  • Late 2080s - Deke's father is sent to the surface.
  • 2091 - Time Machine finished with the help of FitzSimmons schematics. The survivors on Earth open a portal to the past. Return to the top.

The Flashbacks could be alternate branching timelines or what would definitively happen if the Agents hadn't left 2018. Robin is experiencing everything though, so that adds more complexity as to whether or not time is truly fixed like how Fitz insists it is.

@thor_parker82 said:

I just keep thinking how the Guardians of the Galaxy would come to rescue everyone in the lighthouse if this stuff actually happened and the MCU acknowledged it.

The Guardians occur concurrent to the MCU timeline. 2018 is when they'll join the Avengers to stop Thanos. None of them would be alive in 2091.

TheFallen_Angel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@angeljax said:
@thor_parker82 said:

From my understanding

• 2091 - The team arrives from 2017. Collects info on how to save the world. Robin Dies. Team finds a way to travel back. Robin considers this the last day.
  • 2018 - Team arrives a few months after the diner abduction and attempts to save the world with the knowledge they've acquired. Daisy disappears. The last location she was seen is evacuated and a 12.8M earthquake cracks the earth like an egg. No witnesses to Daisy causing the event. Daisy is never seen again. Remaining team evacuates to the lighthouse. Robin's mother is dead by this point. May crashes Zephyr One on the way due to a gravity storm.
  • 2022 - Lighthouse, encrusted into a chunk of Earth, is now floating in space and suffering from potential critical system failures. Fitz and Simmons start to design the schematics for the time machine.
  • 2024-2025 - Some point after the 2022 events, the Kree are now in play. They provide power and water upgrades to the lighthouse in exchange for human servitude. Yoyo goes to war. May seems to have adopted Robin by this point.
  • 2025-2060 - All team members that have lived through the post-apocalyptic world are presumed dead with the exceptions of Robin and the orbiting CryoFitz+Enoch duo.
  • 2070s - Deke's mother is working on the time machine. She's eventually killed by Kree during this period. Deke's father continues her work.
  • Late 2080s - Deke's father is sent to the surface.
  • 2091 - Time Machine finished with the help of FitzSimmons schematics. The survivors on Earth open a portal to the past. Return to the top.

The Flashbacks could be alternate branching timelines or what would definitively happen if the Agents hadn't left 2018. Robin is experiencing everything though, so that adds more complexity as to whether or not time is truly fixed like how Fitz insists it is.

It's possible they're experiencing a time loop. They keep getting taken > learning something > going back > failing to save the world. Rinse and repeat. It's possible every loop has small differences depending on what they try. By Fitz's line that Daisy couldn't stop it, it's a loop in which she goes alone to fight (possibly Gravitron, my first thought of the Earth's destruction since the premiere) and potentially causes a 12.8 earthquake (maybe not alon0,e but with the clash of her powers and her enemy's) which seals the deal of the Earth's destruction. Fitz also says that Voss couldn't stop it, alluding to the loop we just avoided where he tried to kill Daisy and he actually succeeds in that one. It would also explain why Robin seems to have the past, present and future more mixed up than what we saw prior to this episode, she can't differentiate them because they're all essential to a time loop.

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@angeljax said:
@thor_parker82 said:

The Guardians occur concurrent to the MCU timeline. 2018 is when they'll join the Avengers to stop Thanos. None of them would be alive in 2091.

Yeah, but way before that, if the GOTG hear the Earth was destroyed and Kree are making the remaining humans their slaves, they'd certainly go to help, mostly due to Quill.

AngelJax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thor_parker82: I honestly don't think he would. They really have no means to know what's really going on earth now that I think bout it. Unless they go out of their way to do so.

They're off guarding their sector of the galaxy.

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@angeljax said:

@thor_parker82: I honestly don't think he would. They really have no means to know what's really going on earth now that I think bout it. Unless they go out of their way to do so.

They're off guarding their sector of the galaxy.

I'm pretty sure they'd find out one way or another.

Stahlflamme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#125  Edited By Stahlflamme

@thor_parker82: Same reasons the Avengers did not assemble in Iron Man 3 and Hulk did not squash the Insight Hellicarreers. Or why Superman does not go and save Gotham when Batman is in a bind.

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thor_parker82: Same reasons the Avengers did not assemble in Iron Man 3 and Hulk did not squash the Insight Hellicarreers. Or why Superman does not go and save Gotham when Batman is in a bind.

I know, just saying that it would logically happen if it was a fully inter-connected world, Thor would also help, Xandar may help, they seem like good guys who are already enemies of the Kree, they'd probably wouldn't stand still knowing that the Kree are holding hostage the last vestiges of humanity.

Stahlflamme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

@thor_parker82: Why would Xander break the peace treaty keeping their planets save to help earth? The Kree are doing terrible shit all over the galaxy and nobody is just rushing in there either, because the krees are a galactic superpower that could retaliate. Its not like Xander or the Guardians showed up to fight off the Chitauri or Dark Elves. And Thor was probably not exactly in any position to help with Thanos floating around outside his spaceship at the end of ragnarok and all.

The_Justiciar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128  Edited By The_Justiciar

Ahhhh Daisy vs Sinara anti-gravity fight. I loved that.

Daisy is a beast of combat.

AngelJax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Agreed. I think I prefer this fight to the first one.

The_Justiciar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@angeljax said:
@the_magister said:

Agreed. I think I prefer this fight to the first one.

Colleen Wing should've come in and solo'ed them both

AngelJax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The_Justiciar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-5a75eb4578d1a
deactivated-5a75eb4578d1a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

How do you guys rank the agents now comapred to the Netflix guys and the movie duo?

For me it's

1a Bobbi 1b Daisy

2 May

3 Matt

4a Ward 4b Nat 4c Clint

5 Danny

The_Justiciar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ddg:

1) Bobbi

2) May/Ward/Daisy

3) Daredevil/Iron Fist

4) Black Widow/Hawkeye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_magister: I see Daisy and Bobbi as pretty much equals now, her showings against Kree soldiers and Sinara put her even with Bobbi for me.

AngelJax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ddg: Bobbi/Daisy>=Matt/May>Ward/Widow>Clint

My ranking would generally be something like that.

The_Justiciar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137  Edited By The_Justiciar

@angeljax: I don't think Hawkeye or Widow are on par with Ward (or any of the Netflix/AoS cast) in feats.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@angeljax: Nice. Pretty similar rankings. Where do you put Danny?

AngelJax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ddg: I'd put Danny as an equal to Ward really. He's either slightly better, or slightly inferior, depending on the day

AngelJax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_magister: Probably not on feats. They really only have a fraction of screentime the others have. But I feel like they're written and portrayed to be on the same level

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Am I the only one mad the first half of episode 9 was stuff we have already seen? Huge waste of time

The_Justiciar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142  Edited By The_Justiciar

@angeljax: "depending on the day" sums up Danny's fighting competency perfectly.

AngelJax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jayc1324 said:

Am I the only one mad the first half of episode 9 was stuff we have already seen? Huge waste of time

Yeah, because we've already seen Mack and Yo-Yo leading a revolt, the Humans on the Lighthouse giving the finger to Kasuis/Kree and a resurrected Tess...

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@angeljax: I feel like Ward would be his best matchup, but I think Ward edges him out due to his strength advantage. Danny doesnt fare well vs stronger competition.

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@angeljax said:
@jayc1324 said:

Yeah, because we've already seen Mack and Yo-Yo leading a revolt, the Humans on the Lighthouse giving the finger to Kasuis/Kree and a resurrected Tess...

"first half"

They wasted 20 minutes on the old stuff

AngelJax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jayc1324: Everything I listed was within the first 20 minutes

IAmTheLaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm really looking forward to the next episode. That preview did it's job.

As for fighting, I think Danny/Matt, Black Widow/Hawkeye, Daisy/Bobbi, May, Ward.

The_Justiciar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

AngelJax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@iamthelaw: @the_magister: It physically pains me to see Bobbi that low :3

I don't think Clint and Widow are that that much better than the AoS peeps, especially May who for reference was explicitly stated to possess more black belts than Widow. And Ward and Bobbi have matched/and or beat her.

The_Justiciar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@angeljax: Also a good reference is Scarlotti