Posted by gmanfromheck (42524 posts) - - Show Bio
Please use a html5 video capable browser to watch videos.
This video has an invalid file format.
00:00:00
Sorry, but you can't access this content!
Please enter your date of birth to view this video

By clicking 'enter', you agree to Comic Vine's
Terms of Use and Privacy Policy

#1 Posted by Bl00dwerK (956 posts) - - Show Bio

Didn't figure there would be any X-Men, but I watched just to see. Marvel continues to disappoint...

#2 Posted by OUTBREAK666 (263 posts) - - Show Bio

So what was with that carnage... lol was it suppose to have black hands?

#3 Edited by gmanfromheck (42524 posts) - - Show Bio

@bl00dwerk: I feel like I keep answering this same question. How can they disappoint? They don't have the license to sell X-Men products. Here's what Tom Brevoort said, which I have posted before.

No Caption Provided

#4 Posted by Bl00dwerK (956 posts) - - Show Bio
@g_man said:

@bl00dwerk: I feel like I keep answering this same question. How can they disappoint? They don't have the license to sell X-Men products. Here's what Tom Brevoort said, which I have posted before.

No Caption Provided

I wasn't asking a question. I know what's going on and continue to be disappointed by it...

Avatar image for themantisshrimp
#5 Posted by TheMantisShrimp (453 posts) - - Show Bio
#6 Posted by Bl00dwerK (956 posts) - - Show Bio

@bl00dwerk: so you work for marvel legal?

I'm a consumer who would like to see something besides MCU-related merchandise. Problem?

#7 Edited by TheMantisShrimp (453 posts) - - Show Bio

@bl00dwerk: wanting something is different than knowing the actual reason why that product is not on the market.

#8 Posted by miilkshake (54 posts) - - Show Bio

But if you know it can't happen and yet continue to hope for it anyway, you're just setting yourself up for said disappointment.

#9 Posted by LiveForever (397 posts) - - Show Bio

I straight up don't believe they can't sell X-Men merchandise. I do believe they maybe can't sell X-Men merchandise without a cut of some type going to Fox. But they somehow manage to still sell Deadpool merchandise even though he's lumped in with the X-Men's Fox deal.

#10 Posted by Bl00dwerK (956 posts) - - Show Bio

@bl00dwerk: wanting something is different than knowing the actual reason why that product is not on the market.

No one at Marvel will admit to purposely not selling X-Men merchandise to retailers, but you explain to me the reason why they wouldn't? It can't be because no one wants X-men merchandise. The X-Men have been popular for decades. If there were no movies, no comics (or none that sell very well) I could understand it, but that's not the case. We have shirts on the market, from the original Secret Wars, with the X-Men and Fantastic Four REMOVED from the classic images. Do you think retailers, or whoever wanted the shirts, said "Hey, we would like to sell some classic Secret Wars shirts but could you, I don't know, take the X-Men and Fantastic Four off of them?" That was Marvel's doing. They removed characters they have no movie rights to in order to put characters they own the movie rights to on there.

I don't blame Marvel for promoting The Avengers, Inhumans, etc., but they should not be trying to sabotage the popularity of characters that helped keep the lights on (and helped save their butts when the movie rights were sold, btw) for years. Those characters have fans, too, and Marvel would do well to remember that...

#11 Posted by TheMantisShrimp (453 posts) - - Show Bio

@bl00dwerk: I think it's way more complicated than "marvel trying to sabagage" the X men but you seem pretty content on assuming that, so I'll agree to disagree.

#12 Posted by Bl00dwerK (956 posts) - - Show Bio

@bl00dwerk: I think it's way more complicated than "marvel trying to sabagage" the X men but you seem pretty content on assuming that, so I'll agree to disagree.

Do some research. I didn't come to this conclusion by myself...

#13 Posted by TheMantisShrimp (453 posts) - - Show Bio

@bl00dwerk: good for you but your comments are easily interpreted otherwise.

#14 Posted by kingofwhales (61 posts) - - Show Bio
No Caption Provided

Nobody`s seems to be saying how terrible these look. Why would you care if there were x-men mixed into this junk. If people want small figures Heroclix look better than these. Better yet the die cast figures marvel put out are really good.

#15 Posted by iceslick (865 posts) - - Show Bio

@g_man: Sigh, I think it was suppose to be Toxin. I guess the manufacturers didn't care or didn't know the difference between Carnage, Toxin and Venom.