Martian Manhunter most powerful superhero? Before 52 reboot.

Avatar image for bluelantern1995
BlueLantern1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 26

#1  Edited By BlueLantern1995

What do you think? Is he? I think that his mighty powers are greater than any others, especially now, since he's overcome fear of normal fire.
Is Superman, Green Lantern, or Flash the most powerful? Or does Batman and his tech make him most powerful? (Doubt last entry though). 
What do you think?

Supreme Marvel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 10

#2  Edited By Supreme Marvel

Flash is very dangerous since telepathy doesn't work on him. So MM wouldn't be able to effect him that way. A weakness about Flash's game is flight. They could just stay in the air. I'd also put Brainiac 5 above Batman. Superman written well is always a danger.

Everyone has their strengths and weaknesses and on their day they can be the deadliest so it can always change.

Mighty Thorion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 34

#3  Edited By Mighty Thorion

Martian Manhunter has always had the potential to be one of the most powerful beings in the DCU. Unfortunately his potential has rarely if ever been realized because too many past creators just saw him as a green version of Superman.

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By cattlebattle

He is more "godlike" than Superman, he can read your thoughts and melt you with a look

silverman201

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By silverman201

No but he is one of the most powerful and he can beat most people thanks to high level telepathy.

BurningDoom1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 16

#6  Edited By BurningDoom1

Wait, since when does Flash have immunity to telepathy? I've never heard that.

Avatar image for thewitchinghour
TheWitchingHour

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By TheWitchingHour

If we're talking standard superheroes J'onn is definitely up there. I always thought he could beat Superman in a one on one fight as well as most other heavy hitters.

jeanroygrant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By jeanroygrant

@silverman201 said:

No but he is one of the most powerful and he can beat most people thanks to high level telepathy.

Jnr6Lil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Jnr6Lil

J'Onn is up there. Only competition is Spectre, GL, Flash, & Classic Fate

YoggSaron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By YoggSaron

Depends if you count the Spectre as a superhero or not.

Jnr6Lil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Jnr6Lil

@YoggSaron: True

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

#12  Edited By Lvenger

He certainly has more variety when it comes to powers given that he can match Superman in the strength, speed, durability and visionary power department as well as having invisibility, intangibility, telepathy, the ability to shapeshift and who knows how many other powers. People say that Superman is overpowered but obviously they've never heard of the Martian Manhunter. Having said that, the funny thing is that all you need to take out arguably the most powerful being on the DC Universe Earth is a penny for a box of matches.

Jnr6Lil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Jnr6Lil

@Lvenger: Though he doesn't have that weakness anymore, as far as I know, And yes Manhunter is overpowered. Take all the abilities of Superman and add intangibility, invisibility, shapeshifting, and telepathy. Hmm....

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Lvenger

@Jnr6Lil: It was confirmed pre New 52 somewhere that he didn't have that weakness. Although it hasn't been stated anywhere, I think MM might be vulnerable to fire in the New 52 as given that he's technically more powerful than Superman, it's only fair that it should be easier to subdue J'onn. Also though I doubt whether this is valid, in Stormwatch #1, Apollo hit MM full on in the face and he didn't flinch. Yet afterwards, J'onn said that he needed to change his form in order to equal him. And Apollo's supposed to be at Superman's power level in the New 52 so that could imply Superman is more powerful than MM. Furthermore, there have been several references to Superman being the most powerful being on the planet. Though that has yet to be proved as well.

Jnr6Lil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Jnr6Lil

@Lvenger: Stronger but not powerful. And if he had to change his form that could mean he has forms stronger than Superman. For the most part though I would say MM is stronger than Superman. His intangibility and telepathy automatically nullify Superman.

Kallarkz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#16  Edited By Kallarkz

When did it ever say...that no form of fire can harm M.M. Come on people stop making things up as we go along.

Jnr6Lil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Jnr6Lil

@Kallarkz said:

When did it ever say...that no form of fire can harm M.M. Come on people stop making things up as we go along.

I think he lost the weakness over time like Wolverine-Amnesia, Professor X-Parapalegic, etc.

Kallarkz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#18  Edited By Kallarkz

@Jnr6Lil said:

@Kallarkz said:

I think he lost the weakness over time like Wolverine-Amnesia, Professor X-Parapalegic, etc.

No. That did not occur. He partially lost his weakness at one point but there were still forms of fire that could harm him.

Jnr6Lil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Jnr6Lil

@Kallarkz said:

@Jnr6Lil said:

@Kallarkz said:

No. That did not occur. He partially lost his weakness at one point but there were still forms of fire that could harm him.

Oh

majestic99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#20  Edited By majestic99

No. Mr. Majestic is more powerful and was made part of the DC roster.

m99

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Lvenger

@Jnr6Lil: Actually J'onn only changed into a form that equalled Apollo. But even though he may not be as strong, durable or as fast as Superman if just those things were measured, he does have the greater variety of powers so I have no qualms with you saying that J'onn is more powerful than my favourite superhero. But what about heat vision? If Superman got a lucky blast in surely that would KO the Martian Manhunter?

Jnr6Lil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Jnr6Lil

@Lvenger: He would still have intangibility.

The Finality

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By The Finality

J'onn J'onzz (Pronounced Ja-ahn Ja-ones, or pronounced with the hard "J" like Zsa Zsa Gabor) or John Jones, or The Martian Manhunter, no matter what you call him, he still is the most powerful overall superhero on the planet Earth in The DC Universe. If he doesn't have the same raw strength level as Superman, he more than hell makes up for it with Telepathy, Invibility/Intangibiltiy, and Shape Shifting. MM is a badass. But he's so nice :)

Jnr6Lil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Jnr6Lil

@The Finality said:

J'onn J'onzz (Pronounced Ja-ahn Ja-ones, or pronounced with the hard "J" like Zsa Zsa Gabor) or John Jones, or The Martian Manhunter, no matter what you call him, he still is the most powerful overall superhero on the planet Earth in The DC Universe. If he doesn't have the same raw strength level as Superman, he more than hell makes up for it with Telepathy, Invibility/Intangibiltiy, and Shape Shifting. MM is a badass. But he's so nice :)

Well said

darkseid1006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

darkseid1006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bluelantern1995: on paper he is by far strongest of JLA but he loses to superman because of supermans position in the dc universe

abhilegend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By abhilegend

He wasn't. Superman was portrayed as more powerful than him by almost every writer which counts about 30 writers throughout post-crisis history.

Bezza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Superman only has superior physical strength to MM; in overall powerset, especially including TP, MM is more powerful. Superman himself pretty admitted as much back in the day.

Jables24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Jables24

@burningdoom1: I cant remember the specific issue, but I believe it was the Martian Manhunter himself who said that The Flash is capable of using his super speed thinking process to essentially switch between random thoughts too quickly for MMH to enter his mind.

Kaseno2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You people crazy there to many way he can beat all the Justice League starting with Superman. Just reach in and grab his heart, control his brain,lock his brain or destroy his brain. He dont eat or Sleep he can out last Superman. Same goes to all the other just grab there heart control there brain or just out last them. He dont have to be hit and if he is hit he can allow the punch or kick to get stuck in his body. There really not a personI can think of in the Justice League that can be him as I see it also there older he get the stronger his mind get also.

Bigbadwolfx0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bigbadwolfx0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Bigbadwolfx0

@kallarkz: @majestic99: @lvenger: @jnr6lil: @darkseid1006: @bezza: @jables24: @kaseno2000:

I was wondering in Jon could become a symbionic power suit he has amazing shifting powers not mention his telepathic and phasing abilities this would be perfect, could u imagine if he became a suit for Batman, Batman the dark knight with all these powers and maybe even more over time, or even a suit for Superman or the flash I could see this happening if the Jon or the host was hurt or even if Jon was dying and wanted to pass his gifts.

Kevinffinity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bluelantern1995: After the New 52? I think that depends.

Are you including heroes outside the league? Cause if so then maybe Cap Atom. His power is limitless (actually limitless not potentially limitless like Supes').

In the league? Well if he was in the league then sure. His strength and speed are on par with Supes based on feats. He has been called more powerful than Supes multiple times after the reboot. He also got some insane feats in his solo series.

While he doesn't have infinite potential like some leaguers, he is almost certainly the most powerful.