The Official Luke Cage Discussion Thread

daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 15

#1  Edited By daredevil21134

Luke Cage is an amazing character and he'll be getting a Netflix series so let's discuss things all things Luke Cage here.

No Caption Provided

daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By daredevil21134
Loading Video...
Loading Video...
Loading Video...

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@daredevil21134: I wonder what bad guys they will have, I'd like to see Tombstone.

Cloakx14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

i just hope its good.

daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@daredevil21134: I wonder what bad guys they will have, I'd like to see Tombstone.

There is Tombstone and http://www.comicvine.com/hardcore/4005-3142/

He was kinda Cage's main antagonist in his last monthly series.He was kinda of cool.

daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cloakx14 said:

i just hope its good.

Mike Colter was doing press for his upcoming home video release of Halo: Nightfall when he was asked about his next project, playing Luke Cage in the upcoming Netflix series Marvel’s A.K.A. Jessica Jones.

When asked what he could reveal about the upcoming role, Colter said:

Marvel actually gives you a special training class in how not to say too much in interviews [laughs]. We’re in the middle of shooting AKA Jessica Jones and Luke Cage is a very interesting character who just happens to have super strength and unbreakable skin. He’s a neighbourhood hero, very much linked to New York and Jessica Jones. It’s all part of the Marvel Cinematic Universe but Luke Cage is a darker, grittier, more tangible character than Iron Man or Thor. He likes to keep things close to his chest, operate on the hush-hush. He has these abilities but he’s not sure how and when to use them. He’s a very nuanced character.

His Marvel classes on not revealing may not have gone well as we now know that Cage will have his powers as the series begins. A.K.A. Jessica Jones will debut later this year and then lead into a Luke Cage series on Netflix as well.

I think it's gonna be a classic just like Daredevil.

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@daredevil21134: What stories do you think they will adapt? The only solo Cage stuff I've read is the Noir series and the MAX one.

daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@daredevil21134: What stories do you think they will adapt? The only solo Cage stuff I've read is the Noir series and the MAX one.

From the Colter described Luke I wouldn't be surprised if he was written completely different than what we're accustomed to seeing.I never viewed Cage as a man that keeps things on the hush-hush.He's usually pretty loud and vocal.But I think Luke Cage noir will be of some influence.It seems closer to what Colter is saying.

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@daredevil21134: It was pretty good, I liked it. I see Alias Jessica Jones is on Comixology now as well.

daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@daredevil21134: It was pretty good, I liked it. I see Alias Jessica Jones is on Comixology now as well.

As you know I'm not a fan of way Luke was portrayed in Alias but it;s a great read.It just seemed like Bendis was heading somewhere with Jess and Ant-Man but once he found Alias was getting canned he made her get pregnant with Luke.I totally ship Scott x Jessica but her and Luke are just boring to me.But I definitely recommend it.It's like a huge part of Daredevil's world while Bendis was on the book.It felt like one big story.

daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

Luke looking like a boss.

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@daredevil21134: I think Luke will be the quiet strong type and Danny will be the smartass

daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@daredevil21134: I think Luke will be the quiet strong type and Danny will be the smartass

Lol.But Danny isn't really a smart ass lol.Wouldn't that kinda of weird?I mean it makes sense once you put Luke,Matt and Danny all in a room together.

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@daredevil21134: I know, he's more of a zen airhead but I can see them going that way.

daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@daredevil21134: I know, he's more of a zen airhead but I can see them going that way.

I think it'd work.The audiences would fall in love with them.Hahha.Good call man.We just nne to know who is gonna play Danny.

daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

Tag Team Champions Of The WORLLLLLLDDDDDD

Winter_Kills

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

No Caption Provided

Tag Team Champions Of The WORLLLLLLDDDDDD

Oh man bro, that's definitely what I look forward to seeing!! Luke & Danny have one of the best partnerships in comics! So glad you made this thread, Luke deserves it; he's a great character when written well- I still feel like I'm waiting on that definitive Cage story & portrayal, but the show might be providing us with that portrayal! Everything Colter is saying is portraying a version of Luke that is different from how he has been portrayed in recent years, & IMO THAT'S A GOOD THING. I think Luke Cage noir is having an influence as well, & I like that, a more noir-type environment would work well with him & allow him to connect with DD's corner of the MCU too. I also really look forward to seeing Colter portray Luke as the neighborhood hero- to me that's an essential part of Luke Cage that is oft-overlooked, & shows that even though he is a hero for hire, what he does he also does for the city streets he grew up on, for his neighborhood, and being an inspirational eample of how you can come from that environment, even be on the wrong side of the tracks(though wrongly accused in his case), and become something more, a productive individual determined to help his neighborhood & help & inspire others.

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Winter_Kills

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@winter_kills: @daredevil21134:Do you think Luke will have a costume like his yellow shirt?

I think we'll mainly be seeing street clothes, at least for the first season, since Luke operates more hush-hush. But I'd love to see some nods here & there, like maybe him wearing a yellow t-shirt or something at some point, or a simple silver chain necklace or something that would be a nod to the chain he wore around his waist for so many years.

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@winter_kills: Damn, I was hoping for the 70's shirt and tiara :)

daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@winter_kills: Thanks for posting here man.In order to give Luke the kind of exposure he deserves I'll need quality posters like you and @jonny_anonymous around here lol.I also think it's important to point out that even though Luke was imprisoned for something he never did he did participate in criminals activities in his youth.I think that makes his character all the more interesting.I liked the idea that he turned his life around and the cause of what lead him to do that was also very interesting.I thnk this very of Cage will be delivered and written expertly.We just have to hope Jessica Jones can hold what Daredevil started.I seen a few scenes of Mike Colter on the good wife and he seems like the type of guy that is powerful and intimidating while saying what he needs to and nothing more.I think that's what Cage will be.

Winter_Kills

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jonny_anonymous: LOL No man it's not a tiara, it's a headband...at least that's what he was trying to tell Spidey in the web of Shadows game LOL!

Loading Video...

daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Since they took forever to give Matt the red suit I don't see them being in a hurry to give Cage a costume let alone the 70's one lol.Maybe he'll have to go undercover and he'll wear something similar as a nod to the older comics.That would be fun.I a;so liked how Luke was as urban legend in Luke Cage noir.The more I think about Luke Cage noir the more I think the show will go that route.Luke Cage's portrayal in noir sounds a lot like how Colter is saying the character will be portrayed.

daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jonny_anonymous said:

Since they took forever to give Matt the red suit I don't see them being in a hurry to give Cage a costume let alone the 70's one lol.Maybe he'll have to go undercover and he'll wear something similar as a nod to the older comics.That would be fun.I a;so liked how Luke was as urban legend in Luke Cage noir.The more I think about Luke Cage noir the more I think the show will go that route.Luke Cage's portrayal in noir sounds a lot like how Colter is saying the character will be portrayed.

Yeah there will likely be some kind of homage to it but since Cage is going to be keeping it low key I doubt he'll be wanting any type of costume. Man I'm really excited to see what his dynamic will be with Danny.

daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jonny_anonymous: I think their partnership will be exactly as you predicted.I guess we'll know more when they actually decide to cast Iron Fist.

GrenadeFlow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

We need some new Luke Cage without Jessica Jones in it

daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm really hoping she doesn't show up in his show and he gets to be with Claire.I'm think that Luke and Jess will briefly be together in her show but she'll find out something about him that he didn't tell her and it'll drive her away.Then bu the time his show comes around he'll be single Jess and Luke suck.They're a good example of why Marvel hates marriages.

Avatar image for theheaven_guardian10
TheHeaven_Guardian10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I always thought that LC was a cool interesting character, but his characterization been little to desire to me. But when the hands of the writer, he is a really good character. A hero who is as the neighborhood hero- to me that's an essential part of Luke Cage that is oft-overlooked, & shows that even though he is a hero for hire, what he does he also does for the city streets he grew up on, for his neighborhood, and being an inspirational eample of how you can come from that environment, even be on the wrong side of the tracks(though wrongly accused in his case), and become something more, a productive individual determined to help his neighborhood & help & inspire others.

Winter_Kills

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@winter_kills: Thanks for posting here man.In order to give Luke the kind of exposure he deserves I'll need quality posters like you and @jonny_anonymous around here lol.I also think it's important to point out that even though Luke was imprisoned for something he never did he did participate in criminals activities in his youth.I think that makes his character all the more interesting.I liked the idea that he turned his life around and the cause of what lead him to do that was also very interesting.I thnk this very of Cage will be delivered and written expertly.We just have to hope Jessica Jones can hold what Daredevil started.I seen a few scenes of Mike Colter on the good wife and he seems like the type of guy that is powerful and intimidating while saying what he needs to and nothing more.I think that's what Cage will be.

Glad to brother! I agree, Luke deserves the exposure, & working together I think we can deal with all the comic perceptions & misconceptions of him, and get others primed for the show, which I feel will be the definitive Cage I've been waiting on for so long. You're absolutely right, Luke's false imprisonment is integral to his characterization; it has always made him very unique IMO; it gave him a perspective that few heroes had, being "on the inside", so to speak, imprisoned & branded a criminal. He could've easily lashed out at the world & the system that had him falsely imprisoned, but he didn't- he chose to take a higher road that lead to him bringing down the man responsible for framing him, and later(with the help of Misty & Danny) clear his name for good. I think this enabled Luke to see more of the gray areas in some cases, knowing that some individuals he encountered were lashing out because of past wrongs done to them. That was one thing I liked about him in Thunderbolts, was the idea that he'd try to help other criminals find redemption and become better. And at the same time he can inspire those in his community that grew up in the streets like he did- yet avoided becoming part of any gangs, while his friend Willis, the one who framed him, did- he became an example of how someone can come from the streets and live on the wrong side of the track so to speak but become something more. I really hope this is the Luke Cage we see on the show, because that is what makes him a great character, IMO. I have a feeling it's going to be great, and he's a character a lot of people have looked forward to seeing portrayed live-action for a long time. I hope that Jessica Jones is successful for that reason, to continue building the street-level side of the MCU that will lead to Luke & Danny, & further expand upon what we saw masterfully accomplished in DD. I think each of the characters, though street-level, will be well-received if done correctly, and the writers focusing on their uniqueness, like what we were talking about with Luke above, & Danny's martial arts-style vigilantism combined with the spiritual connections to Eastern mysticism & the heavenly city of K'un-L'un. I think Colter can give us that unique take on Cage; as you said he seems like a type of guy that can be powerful & intimidating while saying what he needs to & nothing more. I definitely hope that's the kind of Cage we see, because he has the potential to be so much more than the loud-mouthed swearing character he has been portrayed in recent comics. I truly believe Colter will give us the inspiring Cage we deserve, and not the stereotypes we have seen in the comics over the years.

@grenadeflow said:

I'm really hoping she doesn't show up in his show and he gets to be with Claire.I'm think that Luke and Jess will briefly be together in her show but she'll find out something about him that he didn't tell her and it'll drive her away.Then bu the time his show comes around he'll be single Jess and Luke suck.They're a good example of why Marvel hates marriages.

Once again we agree bro. I'd like to see Luke with Claire, that makes more sense to me, always has. I don't like the Luke & Jess relationship myself...I think like you I'm more of a Jess/Scott Lang shipper lol One thing that is good about the MCU & these shows is that they can tell their own story while being true to the characters & their mythos but at the same time avoiding and approving some of the more problematic issues of the comics, which is what I hope they do with Luke & Jess.

@daredevil21134 said:
@jonny_anonymous said:

Yeah there will likely be some kind of homage to it but since Cage is going to be keeping it low key I doubt he'll be wanting any type of costume. Man I'm really excited to see what his dynamic will be with Danny.

Oh man that is one of the things I'm most looking forward to! Luke & Danny are one of the best partnerships in comics, & seeing it live-action has always been a dream of mine. There's just something cool about them being this "odd couple"- Luke, a street-smart child of the streets, & Danny a spiritual individual raised in a mythical celestial city, & how despite how opposite they are, they become the best of friends & a fantastic team, both actually learning things from each other. I'm really looking forward to seeing that dynamic brought to life.

daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By daredevil21134

I always thought that LC was a cool interesting character, but his characterization been little to desire to me. But when the hands of the writer, he is a really good character. A hero who is as the neighborhood hero- to me that's an essential part of Luke Cage that is oft-overlooked, & shows that even though he is a hero for hire, what he does he also does for the city streets he grew up on, for his neighborhood, and being an inspirational eample of how you can come from that environment, even be on the wrong side of the tracks(though wrongly accused in his case), and become something more, a productive individual determined to help his neighborhood & help & inspire others.

I agree.Some writers don't know how to write him as anything but a loud mouth thug with super strength,but when you take a closer look at his character he is and can be so much more than that.I get the feeling that Marvel/Netflix understands and will give us the Cage that will be more relatable nad better written for a general audience.I thnik Mike Colter has the acticg chops to make this work.I think the fact that I have yet to see him in a role that resembles Cage overly loud and expressively personality is a sighn of that.hopefully.

daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By daredevil21134

@winter_kills: Well I guess you're right about the shows telling they're own stories so I'll keep an open mind for Cage/Jessica's relationship to see if it differs from the comics.But for the comics I'm done waiting for somerhing interesting to happen.I'm at the point to where it's a struggle to read about Cage when he's constantly talking about his boring family life.What he's doing is commendable but it's not good tv,so to speak.He married Jessica way too quick,and while she is a favorite of mine she was and still under developed.I think the marriage hurt Jessica more than Luke but one things for sure,it hasn't done anything good for neither of them.One of the things I like about Luke was his smooth swagger with women,but now that's gone and his has personality gotten bland.He still has his moments but for the most part he's kinda boring.A lot of his interesting stories of recent years have been the stoties where Jessica isn't involved,like Thunderbolts.Mighty Avengers did an okay job with their relationship but very few writers have the respect that Al Ewing has for continuity.But hopefully Luke ends up with Claire for awhile,it wasn't cool to see Matt smooching with one of the few notable love interests Cage has while Matt has a mountain of of them to choose from lol.That's a serious breach of homie code lol.

The lgendary team of Iron Fist and Power Man will be awesome when it's brought to the tv screen.I'm telling ya man,these Defenders have the chance to make something special happen.I think they'll be better than the Avengers,more popular probably not,but all I care about is quality.

TheHeaven_Guardian10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@daredevil21134: I really hope so, cause the he has been and is currently portrayed. Has really bothered me, but I don't the Netflix will have that problem. I can't wait I get more excited about LC show, it's going to be awesome.

Winter_Kills

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Winter_Kills

@winter_kills: Well I guess you're right about the shows telling they're own stories so I'll keep an open mind for Cage/Jessica's relationship to see if it differs from the comics.But for the comics I'm done waiting for somerhing interesting to happen.I'm at the point to where it's a struggle to read about Cage when he's constantly talking about his boring family life.What he's doing is commendable but it's not good tv,so to speak.He married Jessica way too quick,and while she is a favorite of mine she was and still under developed.I think the marriage hurt Jessica more than Luke but one things for sure,it hasn't done anything good for neither of them.One of the things I like about Luke was his smooth swagger with women,but now that's gone and his has personality gotten bland.He still has his moments but for the most part he's kinda boring.A lot of his interesting stories of recent years have been the stoties where Jessica isn't involved,like Thunderbolts.Mighty Avengers did an okay job with their relationship but very few writers have the respect that Al Ewing has for continuity.But hopefully Luke ends up with Claire for awhile,it wasn't cool to see Matt smooching with one of the few notable love interests Cage has while Matt has a mountain of of them to choose from lol.That's a serious breach of homie code lol.

The lgendary team of Iron Fist and Power Man will be awesome when it's brought to the tv screen.I'm telling ya man,these Defenders have the chance to make something special happen.I think they'll be better than the Avengers,more popular probably not,but all I care about is quality.

Once again we agree brother. If they do the Luke/Jessica relationship, I do believe they'll do it differently & at least more organic & less forced than the comics. Though Im actually hoping they go in a different direction than the comic & maybe bypass their marriage. And with the comics, I'm totally with you on their marriage. It's very boring, not just for Luke, but for Jessica, it's not like the classic marriage of Reed & Sue, where both characters were actually strengthened by the marriage & it became iconic, & I agree it hurt Jessica more than Luke, because it cut out her potential as a solo character, she should be defined as her own character, not as "Luke Cage's wife". I also liked Luke's smooth swagger with women, the marriage made both of them kinda bland & I hate that. I'm definitely more of a Luke/Claire shipper; & like you I didn't like seeing Matt with her, that was uncharacteristic IMO, & as you put it a major breach of homie code lol I think the shows have the unique opportunity to take things from the comic that work & improve them, & as you mentioned the Luke/Jessica relationship as it is in the comics doesn't make for good tv.

I'm so FREAKIN' excited to see Cage & Iron Fist on screen! There's a lot to be excited about in this corner of the MCU, but as a longtime Power Man & iron Fist reader, & a fan of both characters together & separately, I'm very stoked for it! They really not just with Luke & Danny, but with the whole Defenders concept, have the opportunity to do something unique & special that hasn't been done before. As much as I love the Avengers, I'm actually more excited for what they're doing with the Defenders; I love the characters & the more realistic street-level world; they're jut awesome characters that are underdogs you can't help but root for, & I've been rooting for DD, Danny & Luke for years. I think that fact & the uniqueness, and the high level of quality will set the Defenders apart. Like you, quality is what really matters to me, and I have a feeling we're going to get it out of all the series & the Defenders series itself.

daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

@winter_kills: This will be legendary my friend.Luke,Iron Fist and Daredevil deserve this.Luke and Danny especially have been underrated and underutilized for years.Danny at least had Ed Brubaker to give him a more modern and definite run but all Bendis did with Luke was put him on the Avengers and surround him with A-listers.It did help raise his profile but it also didn't give him much character developement that he so desperately needed and still needs now.If Bendis was so much of Cage I think he should have fought to get a Luke Cage solo but I'm actually glad he didn't.I'm not huge on the way he uses him.He has his moments but overall I'm disappointed.However,I am liking the way Marc McLaurin is writing him in the 90 Cage series.It's pretty good stuff.I think Defenders will rock man.Give me 13 hours of my favorite street level heroes over the two hour Michael Bay explosions any day lol.

daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@daredevil21134: I really hope so, cause the he has been and is currently portrayed. Has really bothered me, but I don't the Netflix will have that problem. I can't wait I get more excited about LC show, it's going to be awesome.

I think the Netflix series will give Cage his due man.We are witnessing history man.Daredevil is finally being acknowledged by the public as the A-level hero he has always been since Miller took over.Luke,Danny and Frank Castle will get what they deserve soon.Forget the books Netflix is where it's at.

TheHeaven_Guardian10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@daredevil21134: Yep it is bro, Netflix is about to change things. I long and pray for the day the books, will be glorious again. I really interested to see what the Netflix does with Luke, I think it's going open a lot of positive stories for him.

daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@daredevil21134: Yep it is bro, Netflix is about to change things. I long and pray for the day the books, will be glorious again. I really interested to see what the Netflix does with Luke, I think it's going open a lot of positive stories for him.

If Marvel is smart enough to use them lol

Winter_Kills

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

@winter_kills: This will be legendary my friend.Luke,Iron Fist and Daredevil deserve this.Luke and Danny especially have been underrated and underutilized for years.Danny at least had Ed Brubaker to give him a more modern and definite run but all Bendis did with Luke was put him on the Avengers and surround him with A-listers.It did help raise his profile but it also didn't give him much character developement that he so desperately needed and still needs now.If Bendis was so much of Cage I think he should have fought to get a Luke Cage solo but I'm actually glad he didn't.I'm not huge on the way he uses him.He has his moments but overall I'm disappointed.However,I am liking the way Marc McLaurin is writing him in the 90 Cage series.It's pretty good stuff.I think Defenders will rock man.Give me 13 hours of my favorite street level heroes over the two hour Michael Bay explosions any day lol.

I think it's going to be EPIC, brother! Like you said these characters are so very deserving, and I hope it leads to more street-level characters like Punisher & Moon Knight also getting their chances. These are the kind of characters we want to see, not just the so-called "big names", but these awesome characters that are "underdogs" I a sense that have so much potential & love from the fans behind them. It makes me way more excited for the Defenders than the Avengers projects, maybe because I've loved these characters & cheered for them so long & I'm so glad to see them getting their due & expand the fanbase, with new fans that can come to love them for the same reasons we do. I think you pretty much nailed it what you said above: I think Defenders will rock man.Give me 13 hours of my favorite street level heroes over the two hour Michael Bay explosions any day lol. I agree with this 1000%, I think that's what made DD great & get better reviews than big budget flicks like Avengers: Age of Ultron, & apparently we aren't the only ones with this mindset!

With Luke & Danny, you're right there's so much potential. In the comics I think Danny has fared better than Luke, namely because of Brubaker's awesome Immortal Iron Fist run, a series people are still talking about today that redefined the character to a new generation while pleasing the older fans and adding to his mythos. I always wished the same could have been done with Luke. You're right, all Bendis did was put him on an A-list team in Avengers, he did give him a higher profile during Civil War & Secret Invasion when he was leading the underground Avengers teams, but that's pretty much it; like you said he had little to know character development beyond his association with the team, and he desperately needed that, he needed the great revitalization & reaffirming of what makes him great that Danny got in Immortal Iron Fist. I'm glad Bendis didn't get a Cage solo either; I respect that Bendis likes the character & wants to give him a higher profile, but I agree with you totally, I never liked his portrayal that much, there were some moments, but few & far between, and I never really liked the idea of a foul-mouthed Cage, and the marriage with him & Jess wasn't good for either character IMO. Oh man, I think Maclaurin did a great job- before he did that book, Luke was still going Power Man & was wearing the headband & the yellow shirt, so Maclaurin was the first person to really streamline & modernize Luke & take away some of the stereotypes that had come before. He got Luke's attitude & "voice" pretty well, and handled the whole Hero for Hire concept pretty well. The cover of the first issue with Luke in his leather jacket ripping up the yellow shirt & chain pretty much says it all, & was pretty iconic to me. (Would love to see that leather jacket again!) Plus a cool villain in Hardcore, and the presence of Dakota North. IMO, the best iterations of Cage so far has been the '90s series & Heroes for Hire. In the tv series it'd be cool if Luke had a belt buckle like the one in the pic you posted above, with a chain on it, which would be a modern nod to the classic.

Defenders is definitely gonna rock on so many levels, bro. Can't wait to see these characters introduced & unite together, we're in for some awesome stuff!!

No Caption Provided

daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@winter_kills: McLaurin did a great job with Cage.I loved the arc when him and a friend got captured and sent to prison and were experimented on.It showed how tough Luke was mentally.The man was trying to escape day and night with taking little to few breaks.Even the prison bars kept electrocuting him he built up a tolerance and quoted Bruce Lee.The lssues where Dakota North was investigated his father whereabouts and finding the letters he wrote his father from prison were so touching.You really got to know how muck Luke was suffering in there and how much he wanted to right his wrongs as a man and in the eyes of his father.I loved this quote he said to a fellow inmate"if you just wanna live just for the sake of living then you have no reason to live."Or quotes like."Work hard and make your money then have your money work for you."He was so street smart and tough.And man,when the young boy(Trope)hired him to rescue his brother and he ended up being shot to death in prison it was tough to watch Luke have to explain that to him.The only thing I didn't like so far his his fight with Wonder Woman.I didn't like how the reporter was trashing Cage and calling all sorts of things to cheater and thug while he was fighting Wonder Man.Because it seemed like the reporter was right since Luke kept taking cheap shots at Simon,it would have been better if while he was getting ragged on but doing the opposite during the fight.

No Caption Provided

daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TheHeaven_Guardian10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Winter_Kills

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@winter_kills: McLaurin did a great job with Cage.I loved the arc when him and a friend got captured and sent to prison and were experimented on.It showed how tough Luke was mentally.The man was trying to escape day and night with taking little to few breaks.Even the prison bars kept electrocuting him he built up a tolerance and quoted Bruce Lee.The lssues where Dakota North was investigated his father whereabouts and finding the letters he wrote his father from prison were so touching.You really got to know how muck Luke was suffering in there and how much he wanted to right his wrongs as a man and in the eyes of his father.I loved this quote he said to a fellow inmate"if you just wanna live just for the sake of living then you have no reason to live."Or quotes like."Work hard and make your money then have your money work for you."He was so street smart and tough.And man,when the young boy(Trope)hired him to rescue his brother and he ended up being shot to death in prison it was tough to watch Luke have to explain that to him.The only thing I didn't like so far his his fight with Wonder Woman.I didn't like how the reporter was trashing Cage and calling all sorts of things to cheater and thug while he was fighting Wonder Man.Because it seemed like the reporter was right since Luke kept taking cheap shots at Simon,it would have been better if while he was getting ragged on but doing the opposite during the fight.

No Caption Provided

Oh man you're bringing back some good memories from McLaurin's run my friend! That arc you mentioned was actually one of myfavorite parts of his Cage run; you said it best, the strength he had mentally, being imprisoned & experimented on again. which would be a nightmare that would be bad enough living through once, but twice...but the determination he had, determined to break free, quoting Bruce Lee...this is the type of Cage I'd much rather see in the comics, the Luke Cage that I know & love; the recent comics are sometimes a character that is like Cage in name only. And Dakota North(would love to see her either in DD or Luke's tv series) & the letters..they were very touching, a great insight into what Luke endured and the kind of man he was, & is, & how being imprisoned & living through that gave him the means to help others & keep them from enduring the same thing. And those quotes are classic Luke Cage IMO, a street-smart, insightful man of strength, not just physically but of character, that's the Luke I want to see. I'd love it if a variation of this storyline was somehow done for the Cage tv series, I think it'd make a great adaptation & have the great drama & character moments as well as action that would work on the screen. I agree totally with you with the Wonder Man fight. I wish a different approach could have been taken, like you said doing the opposite & proving he wasn't a cheater or a thug, which Luke is definitely neither, but during the fight he did resort to some dirty fighting. Under duress & a very powerful foe, understandable, but I too wish there would have been a different approach. But, I still think for all the reasons you mentioned, IMO, this series & Heroes for Hire are the best portrayals of Luke Cage to date.

Awesome pics of Luke too, bro! The one you posted above was done for the MU line of figures, Deodato's great. I have that figure actually lol They need to make more Luke Cage merchandise, I swear...

No Caption Provided

daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@winter_kills: I really like that picture of Luke you posted,it's one of my favorites.I'm gonna be reading some more Cage today,I'm currently on the issues with Cage,Rhino and smart Hulk.The Cage and Rhino showdown was pretty damn cool.But what's up with Cage saying he killed Iron Fist?Did that happen during the Onslaught crossover?And man I need some Luke Cage figures and merchandise myself.Marvel just released a boatload of merchandise for Daredevil so I hope Luke gets the same treatment,I'm sure he will.I'm waiting for Marvel to release a Marvel select figure of Danny and Luke,the Daredevil one wasn't nothing write home about either.I'd like to pose Luke Cage,Iron Fist,Daredevil,Punisher and Jessica Jones all my desk.That's my Defenders dream team.Well I'd probably add Hellcat and Strange to give it an old school feel to it.I'd probably through in Moon Knight too since i love the character.I thought Marvel Knights was a wasted potential.How do you go wrong with Cage,Daredevil,Punisher,Moon Knight,Shang Chi,Black Widow and Cloak and Dagger?

daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jonny_anonymous: @grenadeflow: @theheaven_guardian10: @winter_kills:

With production seemingly nearing a conclusion on Marvel's Jessica Jones, it appears that production on Marvel's next original Netflix show, Luke Cage, will be kicking off very soon.

SpoilerTV have reported that filming will begin on Luke Cage in August, and will continue until next spring. The precise dates listed are August 18 for the start of filming, and March 11 for the conclusion of filming. Although these dates are unconfirmed and subject to change, they do line up with previous estimates.

Last year, filming for season one of Daredevil took place from July to December, with the show premiering four months later. Assuming that the post-production schedule for Luke Cage will be similar, it can be inferred that Luke Cage will premiere on Netflix three to five months after filming is complete, indicating a summer 2016 release for season one of Luke Cage, with June or July the most likely time. That leaves just Iron Fist and The Defenders, both of which are likely to be released some time in 2017 on Netflix.

It could also provide an indication of when season two of Daredevil is set to film - as Charlie Cox predicted in an interview just after Daredevil was renewed (which you can read here), it is likely that Daredevil and Luke Cage will be filming roughly concurrently, so this may indicate either a late July or an early August start for filming on Daredevil season two.

We'll provide further reports when the dates are confirmed by an official source.

Luke Cage starts Mike Colter as the titular superhero, and will be released on Netflix in 2016. The series, like Daredevil and Jessica Jones, will be made up of 13 episodes.