inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 324

User Lists: 12

Edited By inferiorego  Staff
No Caption Provided

After an extensive search to play the iconic Marvel character on the upcoming Netflix series, Marvel reported that Mike Colter (The Good Wife, The Following) has been cast as Luke Cage.

During the course of an investigation in New York City, private investigator Jessica Jones encounters the enigmatic Luke Cage – a man whose past has secrets that will dramatically alter Jessica in ways she could never have imagined.

Colter will make his debut opposite Krysten Ritter in Jessica Jones, which will be the second of the four drama picked up for Netflix, before the Luke Cage show spins off on its own.

"Fans have longed to see Luke Cage and in Mike we’ve found the perfect actor,” said Jeph Loeb, Executive Producer/Marvel's Head of Television. "Viewers will get to meet Luke Cage in ‘Marvel’s A.K.A. Jessica Jones,’ and experience why he is such an important super hero in the Marvel mythos.”

Eventually, Colten will team up with Charlie Cox, as Daredevil and the currently uncast Iron Fist for The Defenders miniseries. Colter's other credits include Men in Black 3, Salt, and American Horror Story: Coven.

No news yet on release dates for the show or when we can see Colter as Luke Cage. What do you guys think of this news? How will Colter do as Luke Cage?

AndyPhifer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Perfect.

AMajorDoubter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

SWEET CHRISTMAS!

Great news.

BigL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

Great casting

tim_mik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

Excellent! Great actor and he looks like Luke.

Falconer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He also starred in the recent Halo Nightfall mini-series (as a prelude to H5 Guardians). I know nothing of Luke Cage, but Colter seems pretty okay.

MatthewParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

There's no need to use HR as a source. Marvel tweeted out official confirmation 25 minutes ago.

meatwadf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By meatwadf

Awww man.... I was hoping for Terry Crews.

Sovereign91001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@meatwadf said:

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

Glad we can finally put a face on the show. Now they need to get to work on find us an Iron Fist.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

@meatwadf said:

He can't act

micah007123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@meatwadf said:

He can't act

Whaaaaat, Everybody Hates Chris????, Brooklyn Nine-Nine???, White Chicks??? Guys pretty good IMO.

meatwadf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@meatwadf said:

He can't act

He has a really natural comedic talent and great charisma, two things that would work perfectly for Cage. Everybody Hates Chris really showed what he is capable of, with the right character and direction.

inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 inferiorego  Staff

There's no need to use HR as a source. Marvel tweeted out official confirmation 25 minutes ago.

Said tweet did not exist when I wrote/writing it

HushoftheWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

it feels to be good from SC right now. First Chadwick Boseman, who from Anderson, SC gets cast as Black Panther and now Mike Colter who's from my hometown of Columbia, SC is cast as Luke Cage.

MatthewParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@joshmightbe: Agreed. But it might be awhile since the only reason we found out (this early) whose playing Luke is because Luke will be appearing in Jessica Jones.

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@meatwadf said:

@jonny_anonymous said:

@meatwadf said:

He can't act

He has a really natural comedic talent and great charisma, two things that would work perfectly for Cage. Everybody Hates Chris really showed what he is capable of, with the right character and direction.

Being charismatic doesn't mean you can act also the guy is like 50, it would be gross seeing him with Krysten Ritter.

Avatar image for shadowswordmaster
ShadowSwordmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 13

This is great news.

inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 inferiorego  Staff

@matthewparker said:

Said tweet did not exist when I wrote/writing it

Once again, I feel like that comes off mean when it wasn't meant to

meatwadf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@meatwadf said:

@jonny_anonymous said:

@meatwadf said:

He can't act

Being charismatic doesn't mean you can act also the guy is like 50, it would be gross seeing him with Krysten Ritter.

Only 46, actually. I also said that he has a natural comedic talent, and that Everybody Hates Chris showed that he can indeed act. Age shouldn't matter, so long as the actor is the right pick for the character. RBJ was 43 when he started playing Stark, when in the comics he should be in his early 30's or late 20's at that point in his life.

tensor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

This actor is lame.I hope he nails Luke Cage,

MatthewParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@inferiorego: haha it's totally fine. Once again sorry if my post came off badly, I just thought you might want to update it now that it has been confirmed by Marvel.

superhoodie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

It only remains to know who will be Danny Rand

inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 inferiorego  Staff

@inferiorego: haha it's totally fine. Once again sorry if my post came off badly, I just thought you might want to update it now that it has been confirmed by Marvel.

Let's always do this

meatwadf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It only remains to know who will be Danny Rand

I get the feeling that Ray Park is out of the running by this point. lol

Blackice709

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for transformers1024
Transformers1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

I thought he was cast a while ago?

Anyways, not familiar with his work and I was really hoping for Terry Crews. So I hope this guy lives up to the expectations.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#27 the_stegman  Moderator

Better than Terry Crews.

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@meatwadf said:

@jonny_anonymous said:

@meatwadf said:

@jonny_anonymous said:

@meatwadf said:

He can't act

Only 46, actually. I also said that he has a natural comedic talent, and that Everybody Hates Chris showed that he can indeed act. Age shouldn't matter, so long as the actor is the right pick for the character. RBJ was 43 when he started playing Stark, when in the comics he should be in his early 30's or late 20's at that point in his life.

Being comedic isn't going to help in tv shows that are going to have the same themes and style of movies like Taxi Driver and the French Connection.

meatwadf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I thought he was cast a while ago?

Anyways, not familiar with his work and I was really hoping for Terry Crews. So I hope this guy lives up to the expectations.

Yeah, I was hoping for him, too. I just looked up this guy on Wikipedia, and remembered he was pretty alright in an episode of Law & Order: SVU I saw years back.

daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

Avatar image for amazing_webhead
amazing_webhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 20

Yeah I could see that

meatwadf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By meatwadf

@jonny_anonymous said:

@meatwadf said:

@jonny_anonymous said:

@meatwadf said:

@jonny_anonymous said:

@meatwadf said:

He can't act

Being comedic isn't going to help in tv shows that are going to have the same themes and style of movies like Taxi Driver and the French Connection.

Hey, Cage has always had a sense of humor about whatever situation he's in. Until these shows come out, we really won't know exactly the feel they've gone for. Even the most serious of Marvel movies have been pretty liberally sprinkled with plenty of snark and humor.

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 rogueshadow  Moderator

Please do a story based on Luke Cage Noir.

Ostyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Looks the part.

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@meatwadf said:

@jonny_anonymous said:

@meatwadf said:

@jonny_anonymous said:

@meatwadf said:

@jonny_anonymous said:

@meatwadf said:

He can't act

Hey, Cage has always had a sense of humor about whatever situation he's in. Until these shows come out, we really won't know exactly the feel they've gone for. Even the most serious of Marvel movies have been pretty liberally sprinkled with plenty of snark and humor.

Except the producer and the head of Marvel TV used the exact quote "like Taxi Driver and the French Connection"

Avatar image for deactivated-611928878d365
deactivated-611928878d365

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

YES! He's one of my favourite characters! On a scale of Cap to Hulk, how strong will he be in the MCU?

CitizenJP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Please do a story based on Luke Cage Noir.

That would be pretty awesome.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Terry Crews would have been a perfect choice for Luke Cage and there is no reason to say oh Jessica is to young for him because we don't even know if they're going to hook up in the MCU.

That being said this is a good choice also. Much better than the Jessica choice.

meatwadf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@meatwadf said:

@jonny_anonymous said:

@meatwadf said:

@jonny_anonymous said:

@meatwadf said:

@jonny_anonymous said:

@meatwadf said:

He can't act

Except the producer and the head of Marvel TV used the exact quote "like Taxi Driver and the French Connection"

And I don't care. Comedy is the hardest form of entertainment, and requires a combination of acting, committing to a role, and timing. Three things that are absolutely needed for any other genre. Take a normally "funny" person like Adam Sandler, put them in something like a Punch Drunk Love, and you can be pleasantly surprised by the results. I'm not saying Crews is Oscar level, just that he's a lovable guy with some real natural chops. I'm sure this guy will do fine and Marvel does have a solid handle on casting. I don't always agree with their choices (like Strange), but they do know what they're doing, so I'm sure this guy will do just fine.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

@oscars94 said:

YES! He's one of my favourite characters! On a scale of Cap to Hulk, how strong will he be in the MCU?

I know people will disagree but I hope not too strong. I want them to go back to unbreakable skin and just a little bit of strength. Make him fit more into a street level characters with everyone else. Daredevil, Iron Fist, and the like. Only problem is what are they going to do with Jessica Jones.

meatwadf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dernman said:
@oscars94 said:

I know people will disagree but I hope not too strong. I want them to go back to unbreakable skin and just a little bit of strength. Make him fit more into a street level characters with everyone else. Daredevil, Iron Fist, and the like. Only problem is what are they going to do with Jessica Jones.

I get the feeling that's what we'll be in store for with Cage, what with them having a much tighter budget and all.

tparks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Avatar image for stmichalofwilson
StMichalofWilson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 107

SWEET CHRISTMAS!

Great news.

Aww, I was going to say that!

Avatar image for knightsofdarkness2
Knightsofdarkness2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is awesome news.

Avatar image for madeinbangladesh
MadeinBangladesh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

User Lists: 172

DOPEEEEEEE

Poor Terry Crews. His dream didn't come true.

meatwadf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

DOPEEEEEEE

Poor Terry Crews. His dream didn't come true.

lol Maybe he'll get a chance to play another Marvel character, like T'Chaka or Bill Foster.

Mr. Kamikaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Maybe when they eventually replace Idris Elba, Terry Crews will get to be Heimdall instead. :P

comicace3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Marvel is picking some awesome people who look relatively like the characters they're playing. Good job marvel. Now it's time to see them act the part and if that works out, your rule over the comic book movie world shall be permanent.