inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 324

User Lists: 12

Edited By inferiorego  Staff
No Caption Provided

Mahershala Ali was cast as Cornell "Cottonmouth" Stokes today for the 2016 Marvel show Luke Cage on Netflix, reported by Marvel. The House of Cards and Hunger Games actor will play a Harlem nightclub ower who ends up becoming an enemy in Luke Cage's when Cottonmouth's crimes come into Luke's world.

Cottonmouth first appeared in POWER MAN #18 (with his first story line starting in #19) and wasn't around much after his first few appearances until the Shadowland storyline back in 2010, where Cottonmouth popped up as a pimp, which resulted in Power Man punching out his teeth.

Luke Cage will come out on Netflix sometime in 2016.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 9

#1  Edited By dernman

I think they just wasted an actor on this lame character. Still after a great Daredevil I'll give them some rope to hang themselves with if fail.

marcohtx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

He is such a good actor on House of Cards. I was nervous about Cottonmouth being the over the top pimp character from the comics, but it looks like he will be more dignified on this show.

Jenkale

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 2

THIS IS GOING TO BE AN EPIC SHOW! SO MANY BROTHERS AND SISTERS BEING CAST FOR THIS SHOW I LOVE IT!!!!

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 140

@dernman: Yup, hopefully the actor can change our opinions.

Avatar image for amazing_webhead
amazing_webhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 20

i thought it was spelled "Colonel"

daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

@dernman said:

I think they just wasted an actor on this lame character. Still after a great Daredevil I'll give them some rope to hang themselves with if fail.

A lot of Cage's villains were stereotypical and lame,but I think they will have a more modern and more interesting take.Marvel hasn't disappointed yet so I have faith in them.

Stellar421

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Stellar421

THIS IS GOING TO BE AN EPIC SHOW! SO MANY BROTHERS AND SISTERS BEING CAST FOR THIS SHOW I LOVE IT!!!!

Yeeeeaaaah-uh!

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By dernman

@daredevil21134 said:
@dernman said:

A lot of Cage's villains were stereotypical and lame,but I think they will have a more modern and more interesting take.Marvel hasn't disappointed yet so I have faith in them.

MCU and MCTV have disappointed plenty. It's MCnet that hasn't so far.

Avatar image for madeinbangladesh
MadeinBangladesh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

User Lists: 172

woooo he's a great actor!

~MiB

FearTheLiving

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm lovin this. Marvel continues to cast really good actors. I think out of the entire cast the one I'm most worried about is Mike Colter and that's because I haven't seen anything with him in it (well I saw American Horror Story but he was a small part in that), but if they're getting these other great actors makes me feel like he's gonna be good as well.

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 12

I'm lovin this. Marvel continues to cast really good actors. I think out of the entire cast the one I'm most worried about is Mike Colter and that's because I haven't seen anything with him in it (well I saw American Horror Story but he was a small part in that), but if they're getting these other great actors makes me feel like he's gonna be good as well.

He's pretty good on The Good Wife. But he plays a villain there, and I imagine he won't bring that quiet menace to Luke Cage.

Avatar image for mrmatchesmalone
Mrmatchesmalone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Diggin this! Ali is great in House of Cards!

daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dernman said:
@daredevil21134 said:
@dernman said:

I was talking about Netflix,mostly,but I also do enkoy A.O.S.

@saren said:
@feartheliving said:

He's pretty good on The Good Wife. But he plays a villain there, and I imagine he won't bring that quiet menace to Luke Cage.

I think he might,Colter has said his version of Luke is a low key guy who keeps things close to his chest.From what I seen on the Good Wife it seems he can be quiet and intimidating,which is fine by me.I personally don't mind if Luke is low key rather than a loud mouth, foul mouth tough guy.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By dernman

@dernman said:
@daredevil21134 said:
@dernman said:

I was talking about Netflix,mostly,but I also do enkoy A.O.S.

I sometimes enjoy A.O.S. also. Though you can't deny it's been bad at times. That first season was ruff until the swerve at the end.

FearTheLiving

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@saren said:
@feartheliving said:

I'll have to check it out. I was also gonna watch The Following, to get a better idea.

Avatar image for thehonorablewarrior1982
TheHonorableWarrior1982

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Love that their using old school Luke Cage villains keep it coming

Jumdor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Jumdor

This is all looking awesome! =)

Mayhem_Tha_Kid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

@perfect_10: so just cause black actors are being cast your getting hyped and assuming its gonna be good? you didnt even say oh james is casted he is a great actor , so lets say they took this show and made it into a sex and the city are you still gonna say its good because there are so many "Brothers and sisters" casted?

gotta love america

Jenkale

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 2

@mayhem_tha_kid: just like a dumb racist always trying to take someone's joy, get a life loser. you are a non factor. not my fault you cant understand racial pride. WE'RE HERE GET USED TO IT! and for your info 1. im not american 2. have fun at your neo nazi meeting. die now

Zainu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thunderbol2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

HEy guys guess what...... Guess what...... Guess what!!!! They didn't change a characters race for some dumb reason!!

daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mayhem_tha_kid: just like a dumb racist always trying to take someone's joy, get a life loser. you are a non factor. not my fault you cant understand racial pride. WE'RE HERE GET USED TO IT! and for your info 1. im not american 2. have fun at your neo nazi meeting. die now

I am thrilled too see a show with a cast that's mostly minorities.I am not a racist by any means,but it's nice to see a character of color get his due,aside from the fact that Cage is an awesome character with lots of potential.