Avatar image for romulusaugustus
RomulusAugustus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By RomulusAugustus

It seems as thought he is far more revered and respected than he should. Isn't he more of a joke than anything, strong but also not so? I just was wondering what the extent of his powers are, and if he is even a real villain. Isn't his worse crime recently just hoarding? Can someone please help me clear this whole issue up?

Arkhamc1tizen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 33

Bruxae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

People have terrible taste, I dont know what else to say.

Veshark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Revered and respected? I've never heard those terms being used to describe Larfleeze.

Most fans who like Larfleeze like him for his uniqueness. In contrast to the rest of the Lanterns, he has an interesting concept. The idea of him being so consumed with greed that he hoards everything, and that his entire Corps is an extension of himself. Plus, as aforementioned, the humor.

RomulusAugustus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By RomulusAugustus

@veshark: I think I meant that in battle posts etc he is almost always the winner despite not much evidence to back anything up.

Veshark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@veshark: I think I meant that in battle posts etc he is almost always the winner despite not much evidence to back anything up.

I wouldn't know about that...I'm not much of a GL fan, so I don't think I've ever read a Larfleeze Battle thread before.

Rich711

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#7  Edited By Rich711

I really hated him at first, and hated his fans even worse. ....but then he won me over. He fits that DC comedy style of Giffen & DeMattias' "Justice League International" from the 1990's. He is also a bit Meta with the whole greed and obsession in a comic book since so many comic nerds are hoard and obsess over collecting, completing and keeping everything mint.

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By kidchipotle

He's a breath of fresh air because his character is based off humor in a world that is all seriousness.

Tacos_Kickass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I've been in a few of those battle threads, if I'm on Larfleezes side I usually explain just why he wins pretty clearly with facts and sometimes scans.

But like some of the others have said, I like him because of hes both a goofy dude and a bad ass and I hope his new comic is good, he has potential to be a deeper character.

RomulusAugustus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By RomulusAugustus

@romulusaugustus said:

I've been in a few of those battle threads, if I'm on Larfleezes side I usually explain just why he wins pretty clearly with facts and sometimes scans.

But like some of the others have said, I like him because of hes both a goofy dude and a bad ass and I hope his new comic is good, he has potential to be a deeper character.

That's what I'm getting at. What facts support his badassery? I know little about him other than that he taps into the orange light, and is powered by greed. I get that this is one greedy space dude, making him strong, but couldn't Hal Jordan solo him if that's all he's got in his arsenal? Why do I see him winning fights against top 20 most powerfuls like Trigon? Am I missing something?

Mr_Winchester

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Mr_Winchester

@romulusaugustus: I don't know about scans but the reason why Larfleeze is seen as powerful (and rightfully so) is because he's an entire crops. He is the sole wielder of an entire emotion. So you've seen how many green lanterns there are right? Thousands! Each ring contains a fragment of the power of "Will" but with Larfleeze his power hasn't undergone any dilution, it resides solely with him.

Also, the thing which sets him apart from other lanterns is the fact that all his corps members are constructs HOWEVER they aren't just any constructs, they are the identities of those he has killed. I'm not sure but I THINK they also maintain their previous powers as well which makes it all the more awesome.

Tacos_Kickass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@romulusaugustus: Well like Mr_Winchester said above me, He has the power of an entire corps, it makes him one of the most powerful things out there.

He has an army of constructs of people hes defeated, some of those constructs consist of green lanterns, big scary monsters, a guardian, and the controllers, controllers are guardian type beings just in case you aren't aware of them. His construct army all have minds of their own as well so its not like fighting against a mindless zombie type thing. His constructs also absorb energy and magic.

Plus like I said in a different thread long ago, he uses a guardian as a tiny airplane which is pretty bad ass...

No Caption Provided

RomulusAugustus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@romulusaugustus: Well like Mr_Winchester said above me, He has the power of an entire corps, it makes him one of the most powerful things out there.

He has an army of constructs of people hes defeated, some of those constructs consist of green lanterns, big scary monsters, a guardian, and the controllers, controllers are guardian type beings just in case you aren't aware of them. His construct army all have minds of their own as well so its not like fighting against a mindless zombie type thing. His constructs also absorb energy and magic.

Plus like I said in a different thread long ago, he uses a guardian as a tiny airplane which is pretty bad ass...

No Caption Provided

So you're implying that if he killed Superman, he could summon a construct Superman at any time? And aren't Guardians at Skyfather level? Wow. What about if he was somehow without his construct-minions? Could he still hold his own using regular constructs, or would he just be as powerful as another Lantern grunt? And how did he manage to kill a Guardian? Guardians can crack planets by merely thinking. How did he manage to kill one, even with his horde and the ability to absorb magic? I'm so confused. And really? A god as a flippin surfboard? ugh.

JonSmith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You ever see one of those cartoons where a character see's something they really want, and they proceed to go after it in a comedic fashion, no matter what gets in their way? Like Wile E. Coyote for example: He really wants to take down Road Runner. He will set up elaborate traps, go to incredible lengths, reshape the landscape, defy the very laws of physics to get at Road Runner.

That's Larfleeze. And what does Larfleeze want? Everything. Absolutely everything. He is the Wile E. Coyote of DC, and the universe itself is his Road Runner. It's not a matter of him being great. It's just us enjoying what we've always enjoyed, on a different scale.

Tacos_Kickass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@romulusaugustus: Yeah he would have his own Superman.

Without his minions hes still extremely powerful. Think about this, one green lantern is pretty strong right? well there's 7200 green lanterns sharing the same power source, Larfleeze doesn't share that power with anyone so its all his at once.

His guardian I think actually died because of the third army, Larfleeze didn't kill her but he got her as a construct anyways I guess? It happened in a recent issue of new guardians I believe?

Its actually that guardian hes ridding in the picture that died.

Canek16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He could charge his ring 100,000%, so... Yeah, he's pretty powerfull.

Also, it's funny

Bruxae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theacidskull: Well you know me. :p Not so much into "Comic Relief" characters. Thats the main reason I dont like him that much, I dont really dislike him alot or anything though.

Bruxae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bruxae said:

@theacidskull: Well you know me. :p Not so much into "Comic Relief" characters. Thats the main reason I dont like him that much, I dont really dislike him alot or anything though.

Ohhhh I see :P. I wish Giffen was on red Lanterns, guy seems like a decent writer :)

Soule is amazing on Swamp Thing, I dont know how he managed to mess up RL so much..

Bruxae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Bruxae

@bruxae said:

@theacidskull said:

@bruxae said:

Ohhhh I see :P. I wish Giffen was on red Lanterns, guy seems like a decent writer :)

Soule is amazing on Swamp Thing, I dont know how he managed to mess up RL so much..

yeah, I loved his Arcane issue, but it's probably because the book wasn't in good hands when he came along

I think maybe to much fan pleasing in bringing Gardner in.

Bruxae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bruxae: Garnder has fans? o_O

Sadly yes.

It feels like they sold out all the RL to bring in more GL readers, I guess they are bigger in number.

Bruxae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bruxae said:

@theacidskull said:

Sadly yes.

It feels like they sold out all the RL to bring in more GL readers, I guess they are bigger in number.

Atrocitus was the only RL I was interested in, getting rid of e'm was what killed my fascination. :(

Indeed, he should of just killed GG and be done with it. I hope they use the oppertunity to improve his character when he comes back, rather then throw him to the curb again. He deserves better.

RomulusAugustus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By RomulusAugustus

@bruxae said:

@theacidskull said:

@bruxae said:

@theacidskull said:

Sadly yes.

Atrocitus was the only RL I was interested in, getting rid of e'm was what killed my fascination. :(

Indeed, he should of just killed GG and be done with it. I hope they use the oppertunity to improve his character when he comes back, rather then throw him to the curb again. He deserves better.

I've never read a comic with him, and i still like hi more than Guy. he definitely deserves better.

I'm not sure if he'll come back in as key of a role at all if/when he does. Guy Gardner is such a hateable character, I really hope he takes a dive when Atrocitus makes a return.

Bruxae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theacidskull: @romulusaugustus: Here here! Atrocitus is one of my top 3 favorite characters, lets hope this stunt was all a way of giving Guy a final power moment before his brutal slaughter and the end of the character.

RomulusAugustus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bruxae said:

@theacidskull: @romulusaugustus: Here here! Atrocitus is one of my top 3 favorite characters, lets hope this stunt was all a way of giving Guy a final power moment before his brutal slaughter and the end of the character.

It would make me so happy if Atrocitus came back and just utterly curbstomped Guy.

Sinestro2828

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Personally, I liked Larfleeze better when he was first introduced and was taken more seriously, kinda like a cross between Smaug & Gollum in the body of a humanoid space boar, an entity you could almost pity but who's unquenchable greed, raw power, & lack of empathy for others made him a serious threat rather than a comedic one. You just have to watch how he effortlessly slaughters the Controllers, brutally murders others & enslaves them as constructs for him to call upon, and see how even Guardians of the Universe were so afraid of him that they made the Vega System off limits to all green lanterns for centuries just to avoid a conflict with him...So I don't really dig how he apparently went from terrifying ancient evil to comedy relief baddy.