• 138 results
#101 Posted by joshmightbe (27562 posts) - - Show Bio

The Teen Titans Go producer in there makes me nervous. The 11 minute runtime doesn't bother me, Adventure Time does that and they've managed to do some pretty good episodes, but if Superman and Batman start running around acting like self centered dips**ts, I may actually hurl my TV out a window.

#102 Posted by Swampman (16 posts) - - Show Bio

@w0nd said:

If it's meant for kids I won't hold it against them. Nothing bugs me more then a bunch of salty adults hating on a show clearly aimed for children aged 5+

Completely agree, I always want to tell these guys "you think they're going to care about an adults 2 cents about a kids show that's...you know...aimed for kids?"

#103 Posted by Mooty_Pass (10101 posts) - - Show Bio

OH OK COOOL. Hey is it me or there Costumes just looks........I don't know weird. Anyway i'm most definitely watch this.

#104 Posted by WarDishy_ (1252 posts) - - Show Bio

I just noticed in the background you can see several of the heroes and villains that will appear theres John Constantine, Plastic Man, Blue Beetle, Green Arrow, Zatana, possible Black Canary, Captain Marvel though he'll likely be called Shazam, Flash, Hawkman, Vixen, Darkseid, Faust, Killer Frost, and I believe Cheetah. I cant make out the others.

hey good catch!

#105 Edited by w0nd (6803 posts) - - Show Bio

@divine_disorder said:
@johnny_blaze said:

Two things I learned from reading the comments:

1. Simple animation means bad show

2. People have the ability to see the future, because they know how this will play out

Lol. Number 2 applies to pretty much every comic book adaptation ever, in every medium ever. Lots of psychics on the Internet.

lol people see a trailer on this site and they announce every part of the movie they hated. Half the time they end up being wrong, you call them out on it and you're the one who ends up looking petty

#106 Posted by kalorama (252 posts) - - Show Bio
@tx12100 said:

Somewhere in the background, I See Constantine. Look Carefully at the photo

I don't think that's Constantine. He looks a bit too "rough and tumble" for John. I'm thinking maybe Slam Bradley or Steve Trevor.

I just noticed in the background you can see several of the heroes and villains that will appear theres John Constantine, Plastic Man, Blue Beetle, Green Arrow, Zatana, possible Black Canary, Captain Marvel though he'll likely be called Shazam, Flash, Hawkman, Vixen, Darkseid, Faust, Killer Frost, and I believe Cheetah. I cant make out the others.

There's also Virman Vundabar (one of Darkseid's lackeys), Deadshot, and possibly Martian Manhunter.

Avatar image for darkdetective27
#107 Posted by darkdetective27 (7953 posts) - - Show Bio
Avatar image for stmichalofwilson
#108 Posted by StMichalofWilson (5631 posts) - - Show Bio
#109 Posted by FrankenKong (275 posts) - - Show Bio

@squalleon: Marvel is doing that just fine. DC needs to be the adult in the room and give the adults the entertainment they want and deserve.

#110 Posted by tx12100 (137 posts) - - Show Bio
#111 Posted by StarBrand1 (661 posts) - - Show Bio

at least it doesnt look like anime, like the rest of the modern dc animation stuff. A lot of us do not like anime, so why dont they do what they always did before? The older animation is so much better than that anime stuff. This, i will take.

#112 Edited by StarBrand1 (661 posts) - - Show Bio

people hated on the GL animated series animation too, but that worked out

Although, if it is remotely like teen titans go, i wont be tuning in. The ratings for JL, unlimited and YJ were fantastic........ if it aint broke, dont fix it

#113 Posted by Mfundroid (2916 posts) - - Show Bio

The issue here is that cartoons have dumbed down a lot since we were kids. It's quite worrying seeing what cartoons these days are like for kids. At least we got the Samurai Jack return and The Powerpuff Girls reboot guys. Those seem to look good so far. This clearly won't do it for us.

#114 Posted by jhunt446 (2 posts) - - Show Bio

Is it just me or do they kook like teenagers?

#115 Posted by Casirae (7 posts) - - Show Bio

JL and JLU were (and still are) my favorite TV shows. I'm looking to this one with very positive eyes.

#116 Posted by modsbehating (543 posts) - - Show Bio

don't you pull the plug too early

#117 Posted by modsbehating (543 posts) - - Show Bio
#118 Posted by StarSoul (16 posts) - - Show Bio

only eleven-minute?It is so disappointed

#119 Posted by PScully (48 posts) - - Show Bio

The thing about the former Justice League cartoons is that there was a lot of care put into the artwork. This just looks like they are trying to grind it out as fast as possible to meet their movie timelines.

#120 Posted by jorgeareizaga (483 posts) - - Show Bio

I MISS SUPERMAN RED SPEEDOS!!!

Avatar image for mattydavehalpeo
#121 Posted by MattyDaveHalPeo (665 posts) - - Show Bio

Happy this seems to be focused on kids, DC need some stuff for the younger generation.

#122 Posted by Scarbearer (784 posts) - - Show Bio

Mostly I am sad this is not Young Justice, Season 3

#123 Posted by TheLurker (990 posts) - - Show Bio
No Caption Provided

#124 Posted by luciferjonez (210 posts) - - Show Bio

too short, too cutesy, pass.

mattel will make some god awful toys to support it and everything will fail.

#125 Posted by JV (144 posts) - - Show Bio

I have a boy and girl in that age bracket and they both love DC. They both can't get enough of Teen Titans Go, but they are too young to watch the adult animated series. I had Super Friends when I was a kid and those heroes stuck with me for life. DC needs to get to the younger kids engaged and build their franchise. My daughter loves the "shorts" on DC.com of girl heroes attending Superhero high. When you talk to most of the kids in the 6-15 age group, they all love Marvel, b/c it is appealing to them. Then they grow up to be adults and Marvel has them as a consumer for life. Walk down an aisle at toys r us, and they are filled with Marvel and DC only has a few items.... why b/c Marvel appeals to the kids and the softer movie style allows for parents to take their kids to see the Avengers etc.... My wife and I are going to see Batman V Superman, but we are not taking the kids, but they both have seen Thor, b/c it is more appropriate. I love DC and love their movies, but they need to get the kids on board and this is a good thing. I am an "old" guy and all my friends have kids and all you here from them is Avengers etc... nothing about Batman and Superman.

#126 Posted by DeathandGrim (4843 posts) - - Show Bio

TTGo is pretty funny for what it is, but yea it's a complete kick in the nuts for people who wanted a proper ending to the other series.

But this... Please don't do this.

#127 Posted by pingclang (558 posts) - - Show Bio

It feels like every decision DC makes anymore distances them more and more from my tastes. I guess I'm not who they're aiming for anymore. Still, I'll at least try it out to see if there is any of the old JL to it. If not, oh well.

#128 Edited by Booster (8 posts) - - Show Bio

@timelordscience: They had me at "James Woods as Lex Luthor." That's gonna be fun whatevehey go for.

And Conroy and Hamill? And Alan Burnett as a writer.......

Light tone or not this is gonna be fun

#129 Posted by ChillinNKillin (201 posts) - - Show Bio

at least it doesnt look like anime, like the rest of the modern dc animation stuff. A lot of us do not like anime, so why dont they do what they always did before? The older animation is so much better than that anime stuff. This, i will take.

Lol, you don't know what anime is, if you think the current DC stuff looks like anime. Not to mention, the animation for the movies, while great, don't remotely touch the animation quality of anime movies, or the best anime tv shows.

#130 Posted by ChillinNKillin (201 posts) - - Show Bio
@kalorama said:
@chillinvillain said:

That's not the point. It's what kids shows are nowadays, for the most part. Most aren't charming, or challenging, for kids. They just try to be colorful, have action, be funny (in a poor way), and sell toys. Look at the recent Green Lantern tv show. It was clearly directed towards children, but could be watch by all ages. Same with Spectacular Spider-Man, JLU, BTAS, STAS, etc.

What about the teenagers between the ages of 12-17? If they can't give them narrative driven, 20-30min stories, why not put them digital networks, like Netflix, Hulu, or Amazon Prime? Or put it on Adult Swim/Toonami?

It's just sad that, in a year where we're getting Samurai Jack back, we're getting this kind of JL show.

What's wrong with "colorful" or "action" or "funny"? Or toys, for that matter? Those are the kinds of things that kids enjoy. So what's wrong with giving it to them? Your argument isn't really with the existence or quality of kids' shows, it's with the existence of kids' shows that don't also cater to older viewers. But the thing is, not all kids' shows need to cater to older viewers, just like all shows aimed at older viewers don't need to cater to kids. Sometimes kids' shows are just for kids. There's nothing wrong with that.

The point is that most shows for kids is crap. I praised shows like Steven Universe, Adventure Time, and Gravity Falls, which all fall under what you said, but their very well written. They cater to ALL AGES.

And they don't pander that much. There's too many shows like that. They're making the younger generation less, and less, into quality storytelling. I was a 5-10 year old once, just like you, and we had better things to watch, that catered to all ages.

#131 Edited by Mfundroid (2916 posts) - - Show Bio
#132 Posted by Squalleon (9994 posts) - - Show Bio

@squalleon: Marvel is doing that just fine. DC needs to be the adult in the room and give the adults the entertainment they want and deserve.

Audiences are best captured in small ages. You ask DC to go "adult" when there is no potential there and they already saturate that age group with TV shows,comics, ANIMATED movies and movies?

#133 Posted by kalorama (252 posts) - - Show Bio

The point is that most shows for kids is crap. I praised shows like Steven Universe, Adventure Time, and Gravity Falls, which all fall under what you said, but their very well written. They cater to ALL AGES.

And they don't pander that much. There's too many shows like that. They're making the younger generation less, and less, into quality storytelling. I was a 5-10 year old once, just like you, and we had better things to watch, that catered to all ages.

Yeah, I get your point. Your entire argument appears to be based on the belief that the reason why kids shoes are "crap" is because they don't "cater to all ages." Well, as said, they don't have to. It's just that simple really. Contrary to what you seem to think, whether a kids' cartoon is appealing to a grown man/woman is not, in and of itself, a measure of the show's actual quality. It's possible for a piece of kids entertainment to be of high quality and hold no interest at all for adults.

#134 Posted by RustyRoy (16610 posts) - - Show Bio

people hated on the GL animated series animation too, but that worked out

Although, if it is remotely like teen titans go, i wont be tuning in. The ratings for JL, unlimited and YJ were fantastic........ if it aint broke, dont fix it

Yeah, many also complained about Batman Brave and the Bold, Beware the Batman, I also remember people complaining about Bruce Timm's style. As long as the show is good I don't care, it's been too long since we got a new Justice League animated series and I'm happy that they're finally making one.

#135 Posted by Onemoreposter (4365 posts) - - Show Bio

Love that that they changed the A in JLA from America to Action.....

Idk.....just a small gripe.......

#136 Edited by jumpstart55 (11025 posts) - - Show Bio

Sure why not. It could actually be enjoyable, and i,m getting a sense that it may have a humorous vibe similar to Batman Brave and Bold.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
#137 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (45774 posts) - - Show Bio

Love that that they changed the A in JLA from America to Action.....

Idk.....just a small gripe.......

I mean why not? The less Americanized comics get the better.

#138 Posted by RustyRoy (16610 posts) - - Show Bio

Sure why not. It could actually be enjoyable, and i,m getting a sense that it may have a humorous vibe similar to Batman Brave and Bold.

That would be awesome, that show was amazing, don't know why they cancelled it.

#139 Edited by jumpstart55 (11025 posts) - - Show Bio

@rustyroy said:
@jumpstart55 said:

That would be awesome, that show was amazing, don't know why they cancelled it.

Yea i know, i loved that show, it was severely underrated. But i dont think it was cancelled, i believe it just simply ended via the writters and staff on its own terms. And it had a decent run with 65 episodes, 20 epsodes shy of Batman:TAS and if you dont count the last season of Batman:TAS then it ties with Batman The Brave and The Bold with 65 episodes each.