• 52 results
nekoneko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By nekoneko

This may sound stupid, but the question has came to my mind a week ago. Can someone with a high level of TK like Jean, use her TK to control the climate just like atmokinesis?

GaeaPhoenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By GaeaPhoenix

No! Telekinesis is just a power that moves objects with the mind that you can see. As for Atmokinesis like Storm has a connection to the earth.
Phoenix XII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By Phoenix XII

posibly, telekanetics in mu can re-arange molicules on a sub-atomic level. so it's posible, but i don't think, they'd think to try it.

nekoneko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By nekoneko
@Edamame: 
Im not talking just about jean grey, she's just an example beacuse her TK is pretty strong
weaponxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By weaponxx

I think if the TK was powerful enough, this should actually be possible, but it would be very high TK and if they were that high, I don't see much of a reason to use their ability in this way/don't see why they would think to do that. They wouldn't do it unless they really needed to do it for some reason and thus the idea would be presented to themselves. 

Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 15

#7  Edited By Mercy_

Rachel's been able to effect things on a molecular level. There was also that whole containing a black hole business. I don't think it's beyond the scope of her ability, but I also don't think it's likely to happen anytime soon. 

PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#8  Edited By PowerHerc

I'd guess no, not without the Phoenix-Force.
arcano_19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By arcano_19

she can do anything nwith her telekinesis, her mind moves everything   if she cant conrtrol wheter she can use he telekinese like jimmy braddock and ´pull the quantic strings and caus it

Kallarkz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#10  Edited By Kallarkz
@arcano_19 said:
" she can do anything nwith her telekinesis, her mind moves everything   if she cant conrtrol wheter she can use he telekinese like jimmy braddock and ´pull the quantic strings and caus it "
Not anything sir. 

I have never seen any hint of Jeans abilities giving her the power to do this.
riri4life

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By riri4life

IMO I don't see why she couldn't manipulate the climate in small areas at least, but it wouldn't be nearly as powerful as Storm's control.

GREGalicious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#12  Edited By GREGalicious

Yes. Telekinesis is manipulating MATTER with the mind. Jean can do this on a molecular level.

She doesnt need the Phoenix Force to do it either.

windiebird

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#13  Edited By windiebird

I think it's one thing to move a large object like a chair since it's easy to visualize but imagining the molecules of a storm system, interacting to achieve the desired effect, is another thing all together! So my vote is for possible but highly difficult/dangerous.

Avatar image for fadetoblackbolt
FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 6

#14  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt

Gosh, I hope not. She's enough of a God Mode Sue as is. It'll probably happen eventually though.

nekoneko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By nekoneko
@riri4life: haha obviously if jean could control the weather, she wouldn't control it as well as storm. Weather obeys storm, while jean has to focus in order to manipulate it... 
joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#16  Edited By joshmightbe

I say she can do it but it would be really difficult for her, unless she was using phoenix force in which case she can do damn near anything  

riri4life

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By riri4life
@nekoneko: 
That's basically what I meant. ;)
nekoneko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By nekoneko
@riri4life: lol, so I understood correctly =P
riri4life

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By riri4life
@nekoneko: 
well.....I guess u could say that. :P
arcano_19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By arcano_19

so jean can control wheter cause storm are made of atoms.... problems kallarks?

Whoa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#21  Edited By Whoa

But doesn't TK involve moving objects one sees? I mean I know what some characters have been able to do within comics, but isn't that technically an exaggeration of what TK truly is?

(But putting my above question aside and looking within characters of telekinetic abilities history, I don't see why not)
nekoneko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By nekoneko
@Whoa: well answering your question, I think it depends in the power of  the character, for example, nate grey, has been able to go through walls by separating the atoms of it, and I'm almost sure he can't see atoms.

I now it's an exaggeration, that's why at the beggining of the topic I clarified that it was a stupid question lol
xmenfallen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By xmenfallen

it is a 17% possibility she can do that

Avatar image for sylqwyn_syllvanderquiniumton
Sylqwyn_Syllvanderquiniumton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm not so sure about jean's TK, but if she uses phoenix force, it may cause a weather disturbance.

BMEZY

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By BMEZY

well when bonded with the phoenix.. Jean possesses telekinetic godhood.. which is the complete control and manipulation over the realms of matter, energy, and thought at a sub-atomic level... which means that anything that deals with a -esis it is within her power to do so.. any powers having to do with the mind actually. she wouldn't know how to use it as effectively as storm, but the sheer raw power of this ability can do quite a bit of damage

xerogod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By xerogod

very dumb question....of course not, what were you thinking about?
ssstarquin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#27  Edited By ssstarquin

my guess is not true atmokinesis with her being bonded to the earth... but she cud obviously cluster water particles to form clouds or clash them together to create lightning or somethin even without the PF with effort.... 

BMEZY

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By BMEZY
@xerogod
i just proved how she could :p
nekoneko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By nekoneko
@arcano_19: can she really pull the quantum strings like jammie?? because if she can she can arguably do whatever she wants
QuasarPrime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By QuasarPrime

Hmmm.  Am interesting question, nekoneko. 

I think the TK would need to be incredibly powerful (like Jean's) and maybe within a very small area with much concentration and stress she could do it.  Not something she would want to try on any type of regular basis.  Not only do TK's not have a one-ness with the planet for large-scale operations, but their powers are not designed to work on the atmosphere, weather, etc.  Like moving rocks, earthstones, etc it would probably be easier for Earthquake or Magma to move, but Jean can certainly move them.

This is sort of like how Crystal, the Elemental of the Inhumans can manipulate the 4 basic earth elements of earth, air, fire and water.  Crystal can control the weather to a very limited extent and to a limited degree.  Storm, whose power is over the, er storm and weather, can indeed manipulate water but again, to a much limited extent and to a very limited degree.  It is stretching their powers.  Same with TK's manipulation of the weather. 

Now, Phoenix (the PF in Jean Grey's form from long ago) did indeed disperse Storm's fog with little to no effort.  So, Phoenix can indeed control the weather.  In fact, the MSH RPG had Weather Manipulation as one of Phoenix' powers at the highest rank!
Avatar image for lordofallhumans
LordOfAllHumans

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By LordOfAllHumans
@QuasarPrime said:
Hmmm.  Am interesting question, nekoneko.  I think the TK would need to be incredibly powerful (like Jean's) and maybe within a very small area with much concentration and stress she could do it.  Not something she would want to try on any type of regular basis.  Not only do TK's not have a one-ness with the planet for large-scale operations, but their powers are not designed to work on the atmosphere, weather, etc.  Like moving rocks, earthstones, etc it would probably be easier for Earthquake or Magma to move, but Jean can certainly move them. This is sort of like how Crystal, the Elemental of the Inhumans can manipulate the 4 basic earth elements of earth, air, fire and water.  Crystal can control the weather to a very limited extent and to a limited degree.  Storm, whose power is over the, er storm and weather, can indeed manipulate water but again, to a much limited extent and to a very limited degree.  It is stretching their powers.  Same with TK's manipulation of the weather.  Now, Phoenix (the PF in Jean Grey's form from long ago) did indeed disperse Storm's fog with little to no effort.  So, Phoenix can indeed control the weather.  In fact, the MSH RPG had Weather Manipulation as one of Phoenix' powers at the highest rank!
actually Jeans secondary mutation of tk sensitivity does allow her to be one with and feel everything around her on at least a molecular level as she expanded her senses, but as stated it would not be a very convenient use of her power.  She was slowing down molecules to cool Asteroid M while it was in the vicinity of the Sun, of course the Sun was heating them all up faster than she could cool everything down.
EmmaGrace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By EmmaGrace
@LordOfAllHumans said:
@QuasarPrime said:
Hmmm.  Am interesting question, nekoneko.  I think the TK would need to be incredibly powerful (like Jean's) and maybe within a very small area with much concentration and stress she could do it.  Not something she would want to try on any type of regular basis.  Not only do TK's not have a one-ness with the planet for large-scale operations, but their powers are not designed to work on the atmosphere, weather, etc.  Like moving rocks, earthstones, etc it would probably be easier for Earthquake or Magma to move, but Jean can certainly move them. This is sort of like how Crystal, the Elemental of the Inhumans can manipulate the 4 basic earth elements of earth, air, fire and water.  Crystal can control the weather to a very limited extent and to a limited degree.  Storm, whose power is over the, er storm and weather, can indeed manipulate water but again, to a much limited extent and to a very limited degree.  It is stretching their powers.  Same with TK's manipulation of the weather.  Now, Phoenix (the PF in Jean Grey's form from long ago) did indeed disperse Storm's fog with little to no effort.  So, Phoenix can indeed control the weather.  In fact, the MSH RPG had Weather Manipulation as one of Phoenix' powers at the highest rank!
actually Jeans secondary mutation of tk sensitivity does allow her to be one with and feel everything around her on at least a molecular level as she expanded her senses, but as stated it would not be a very convenient use of her power.  She was slowing down molecules to cool Asteroid M while it was in the vicinity of the Sun, of course the Sun was heating them all up faster than she could cool everything down.
I don't think that's a secondary mutation, it's just the fact that her omega TK is at a level where she can do that.
LordOfAllHumans

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By LordOfAllHumans
@EmmaGrace said:
@LordOfAllHumans said:
@QuasarPrime said:
I don't think that's a secondary mutation, it's just the fact that her omega TK is at a level where she can do that.
Jean lost her tk to Betsy, it took a secondary mutation for it to return as stated on panel. Had she not lost her tk she would not have had to go through a secondary mutation it would have just evolved to that level due to her omega status.  For all intents and purposes her tk was completely gone, and they used the secondary mutation to bring it back.
EmmaGrace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By EmmaGrace

@LordOfAllHumans said:

@EmmaGrace said:
@LordOfAllHumans said:
@QuasarPrime said:
Hmmm. Am interesting question, nekoneko. I think the TK would need to be incredibly powerful (like Jean's) and maybe within a very small area with much concentration and stress she could do it. Not something she would want to try on any type of regular basis. Not only do TK's not have a one-ness with the planet for large-scale operations, but their powers are not designed to work on the atmosphere, weather, etc. Like moving rocks, earthstones, etc it would probably be easier for Earthquake or Magma to move, but Jean can certainly move them. This is sort of like how Crystal, the Elemental of the Inhumans can manipulate the 4 basic earth elements of earth, air, fire and water. Crystal can control the weather to a very limited extent and to a limited degree. Storm, whose power is over the, er storm and weather, can indeed manipulate water but again, to a much limited extent and to a very limited degree. It is stretching their powers. Same with TK's manipulation of the weather. Now, Phoenix (the PF in Jean Grey's form from long ago) did indeed disperse Storm's fog with little to no effort. So, Phoenix can indeed control the weather. In fact, the MSH RPG had Weather Manipulation as one of Phoenix' powers at the highest rank!
actually Jeans secondary mutation of tk sensitivity does allow her to be one with and feel everything around her on at least a molecular level as she expanded her senses, but as stated it would not be a very convenient use of her power. She was slowing down molecules to cool Asteroid M while it was in the vicinity of the Sun, of course the Sun was heating them all up faster than she could cool everything down.
Jean lost her tk to Betsy, it took a secondary mutation for it to return as stated on panel. Had she not lost her tk she would not have had to go through a secondary mutation it would have just evolved to that level due to her omega status. For all intents and purposes her tk was completely gone, and they used the secondary mutation to bring it back.

Do you have scans confirming this?

LordOfAllHumans

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By LordOfAllHumans

@EmmaGrace said:

@LordOfAllHumans said:

@EmmaGrace said:
@LordOfAllHumans said:
@QuasarPrime said:
Hmmm. Am interesting question, nekoneko. I think the TK would need to be incredibly powerful (like Jean's) and maybe within a very small area with much concentration and stress she could do it. Not something she would want to try on any type of regular basis. Not only do TK's not have a one-ness with the planet for large-scale operations, but their powers are not designed to work on the atmosphere, weather, etc. Like moving rocks, earthstones, etc it would probably be easier for Earthquake or Magma to move, but Jean can certainly move them. This is sort of like how Crystal, the Elemental of the Inhumans can manipulate the 4 basic earth elements of earth, air, fire and water. Crystal can control the weather to a very limited extent and to a limited degree. Storm, whose power is over the, er storm and weather, can indeed manipulate water but again, to a much limited extent and to a very limited degree. It is stretching their powers. Same with TK's manipulation of the weather. Now, Phoenix (the PF in Jean Grey's form from long ago) did indeed disperse Storm's fog with little to no effort. So, Phoenix can indeed control the weather. In fact, the MSH RPG had Weather Manipulation as one of Phoenix' powers at the highest rank!
actually Jeans secondary mutation of tk sensitivity does allow her to be one with and feel everything around her on at least a molecular level as she expanded her senses, but as stated it would not be a very convenient use of her power. She was slowing down molecules to cool Asteroid M while it was in the vicinity of the Sun, of course the Sun was heating them all up faster than she could cool everything down.
Jean lost her tk to Betsy, it took a secondary mutation for it to return as stated on panel. Had she not lost her tk she would not have had to go through a secondary mutation it would have just evolved to that level due to her omega status. For all intents and purposes her tk was completely gone, and they used the secondary mutation to bring it back.

no I read the comics, many mutants went through secondary mutations some like Beast and Emma gained new forms, others like Jean and Bobby gained extensions of the powers they already had...do some research. If not a secondary mutation I would love for you to explain to me how Jeans tk returned at a time when secondary mutations were on the rise. Secondary mutations were on the rise during Morrisons New Xmen

EmmaGrace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By EmmaGrace

@LordOfAllHumans said:

@EmmaGrace said:

@LordOfAllHumans said:

@EmmaGrace said:
@LordOfAllHumans said:
@QuasarPrime said:

no I read the comics, many mutants went through secondary mutations some like Beast and Emma gained new forms, others like Jean and Bobby gained extensions of the powers they already had...do some research. If not a secondary mutation I would love for you to explain to me how Jeans tk returned at a time when secondary mutations were on the rise. Secondary mutations were on the rise during Morrisons New Xmen

Plenty of people read comics, doesn't mean everything they say is true. Scans never lies. And I am well aware of the differences in physical mutations. But your changing your story. First you stated Jean's secondary mutation granted her TK sensitivity, which would mean she had TK already. Now your saying her secondary mutation simply returned TK.

And I won't even bother stating all reasons why saying that since secondary mutations were "on the rise" that's the only reason Jean could have gotten her powers back is absolutely ridiculous.

LordOfAllHumans

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By LordOfAllHumans
@EmmaGrace said:

@LordOfAllHumans said:

@EmmaGrace said:

@LordOfAllHumans said:

@EmmaGrace said:
@LordOfAllHumans said:
@QuasarPrime said:

Plenty of people read comics, doesn't mean everything they say is true. Scans never lies. And I am well aware of the differences in psychic mutations> But your changing your story. First you stated Jean's secondary mutation granted her TK sensitivity, which would mean she had TK already. Now your saying her secondary mutation simply returned TK.

And I won't even bother stating all reasons why saying that since secondary mutations were "on the rise" that's the only reason Jean could have gotten her powers back is absolutely ridiculous.

so then you go read the comics and find out...after morrisons run was over the idea of secondary mutations was never revisited, and the return of her tk felt like it was a whole new power to her.
don't try to twist my words, her tk returned as tk sensitivity of an extreme level, it does not mean she had tk, because it is quite clear on panel that she lost all traces of tk during the 6 month gap, tk sensitivity is still tk.  It was the reason, there was no other reason as many Xmen went through them.  If Marvel has mutants going through secondary mutations and out of nowhere Jean has tk during that same time it would not take a genius to figure out how she got them back and at a different level than before, especially when they give no other reason for it's resurfacing, the same way Iceman, ability to change into ice was enhanced by his secondary mutation and Angel got healing blood through his
EmmaGrace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By EmmaGrace

@LordOfAllHumans said:

@EmmaGrace said:

@LordOfAllHumans said:

@EmmaGrace said:

@LordOfAllHumans said:

@EmmaGrace said:
@LordOfAllHumans said:
@QuasarPrime said:

Plenty of people read comics, doesn't mean everything they say is true. Scans never lies. And I am well aware of the differences in psychic mutations> But your changing your story. First you stated Jean's secondary mutation granted her TK sensitivity, which would mean she had TK already. Now your saying her secondary mutation simply returned TK.

so then you go read the comics and find out...after morrisons run was over the idea of secondary mutations was never revisited, and the return of her tk felt like it was a whole new power to her.don't try to twist my words, her tk returned as tk sensitivity of an extreme level, it does not mean she had tk, because it is quite clear on panel that she lost all traces of tk during the 6 month gap, tk sensitivity is still tk. It was the reason, there was no other reason as many Xmen went through them. If Marvel has mutants going through secondary mutations and out of nowhere Jean has tk during that same time it would not take a genius to figure out how she got them back and at a different level than before, especially when they give no other reason for it's resurfacing, the same way Iceman, ability to change into ice was enhanced by his secondary mutation and Angel got healing blood through his

I don't have those comics, that's why I asked you for scans which you don't have. The rest is irrelevant, nothing you've said is proof that her TK is a secondary mutation. Just a bunch of theories.

LordOfAllHumans

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By LordOfAllHumans
@EmmaGrace said:

@LordOfAllHumans said:

@EmmaGrace said:

@LordOfAllHumans said:

@EmmaGrace said:

@LordOfAllHumans said:

@EmmaGrace said:
@LordOfAllHumans said:
@QuasarPrime said:

so then you go read the comics and find out...after morrisons run was over the idea of secondary mutations was never revisited, and the return of her tk felt like it was a whole new power to her.don't try to twist my words, her tk returned as tk sensitivity of an extreme level, it does not mean she had tk, because it is quite clear on panel that she lost all traces of tk during the 6 month gap, tk sensitivity is still tk. It was the reason, there was no other reason as many Xmen went through them. If Marvel has mutants going through secondary mutations and out of nowhere Jean has tk during that same time it would not take a genius to figure out how she got them back and at a different level than before, especially when they give no other reason for it's resurfacing, the same way Iceman, ability to change into ice was enhanced by his secondary mutation and Angel got healing blood through his

I don't have those comics, that's why I asked you for scans which you don't have. The rest is irrelevant, nothing you've said is proof that her TK is a secondary mutation. Just a bunch of theories.

your entire is stance is what is irrelevant, if you have not read the comics in which secondary mutations are discussed that is your problem, I know where the tk came from as it relates directly to the story-line...we're done here
windcaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By windcaster

I read that Hyperstorm used his TK to do that. But he can do pretty much anything.

xerogod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By xerogod

lmao first of all in order to control the weather or for any of the elements for that matter you have to know how it operates, how does the wind blow, how much water a cloud is holding, how to create ice crystals.....so the answer is no!! telekinesis is the movement of matter..MATTER..MATTER..Movement...,not the creation of MATTER... how do you create hydrogen or oxygen?? you cant they exist naturally, a powerful telekinetic can bond them together along with an ion to make H2O but doing this at a constant rate to make a cloud would be very difficult...why? because they would have to sense, feel and identify the needed molecule(s) place them together with an ion, which also would have to be sensed, felt and identified, bond them to make a single droplet, not a raindrop but a single droplet of water, and then do this process a billion billion times over to probably make a gallon of water if not less...or they can try lifting millions of tons of water high into the atmosphere in hopes of creating a rain cloud, then what next? pull down the water droplets?? lmao no! the water has to condensate, which it won't because it is not in the form of water vapor.....SO NO A TELEKINETIC CANNOT, EVEN W/ THE HELP OF PF IT WUD BE ALOT OF WORK!! KEEP JEAN IN HER LANE AND LET STORM DO HER THANG!! WE DONT WANT ANOTHER POINTLESS BATTLE FORUM!! THANKS!!

xerogod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By xerogod

@ssstarquin: @ssstarquin said:

my guess is not true atmokinesis with her being bonded to the earth... but she cud obviously cluster water particles to form clouds or clash them together to create lightning or somethin even without the PF with effort....

actually scientists still are not sure on how lightning is created....especially finding that lightning exist in blank space, but since lightning in blank space does not have a medium then it cannot be directed to a certain destination therefore scattering it across space in the form of electrons and protons, however, when some of these random mediums of lightning collide it creates matters evil twin a.k.a anti-matter....wat happens when they collide? -> !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! <- a whole lot of excitement! WHAT IF she could clash water together and make lightning, the question is can she control it and how much power is released from the bolt? soooo it wud be a waste of time to try and do this because she cant do it folks

Avatar image for bunnieswithtophats
bunnieswithtophats

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

theoretically possible. Many powerful telekinetics like nate grey (pre-power reduction) can control matter on a subatomic level. Writers avoid this feat because it would sort of make characters like storm obsolete. I'm pretty sure it's been done before, nonetheless.

xerogod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By xerogod

OF COURSE NOT, CAN PIGS FLY?

NOT A STUPID QUESTION, JUST AN IGNORANT SOUL SMH

nekoneko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By nekoneko

I knew I saw it somewhere, I just needed to find it...

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for bunnieswithtophats
bunnieswithtophats

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nekoneko: woot

Myst1que

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Omnikinesis would be able to do that, they have telekinesis that can even manipulate time and reality itself...

darthphoenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

in wollverine and the x-men cartoons, emma said that the phoenix host can control even the weather

cennobite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Telekinesis a godlike level would be able to manipulate any form of matter or energy becoming omnikinesis, one of the ultimate powers really, which covers things ranging from electrokinesis, pyrokinesis to atmokinesis to manipulating matter on a molecular or even subatomic level which would be getting into the weird stuff there enabling someone with this power to some very strange things.

darthphoenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think jean's secondary mutation is her evolution to Phoenix. she was able to tap on the Phoenix force's power without being a host. I think her secondary mutation was triggered by the power swap. Tp went way off the scales and started manifesting the Phoenix aura