Jason and Supergirl?

#1 Posted by brobertz (39 posts) - - Show Bio

So I saw the solicit for Supergirl coming up featuring Jason, and I also recently read an interview stating that Supergirl would be featuring a new love interest for Kara. I'll post the solicit bellow for reference, but I was thinking with their previous encounter being mostly nice (Superman/Batman annual #1), and with Jason appearing in Supergirl, I think it could be possible that he is her new love interest.

Here is the link to the article:

http://www.newsarama.com/21872-supergirl-gets-fresh-start-in-october-new-love-interest-but-no-red-ring.html

Here is the solicit:

“SUPERMAN: DOOMED AFTERMATH”! In the waked of the DOOMED storyline, the ALIEN SYNDICATE looks to re-establish it’s foothold on Earth. But the venom powered Red Hood looks for even more muscle in Kara as they go head to head with the scum and villainy of the galaxy. Plus: an ending that will set Kara on a new course!

Thoughts?

Avatar image for youknowwhattodo
#2 Edited by youknowwhattodo (2196 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't think Jason Todd will be her new love interest nor do I want him to be. I think that it's important for these two characters (unless they're in a team book together) to have a love interest come from WITHIN their own universes instead of mashing two separate character universes up, because one is a street leveler and one is cosmic-powered. Not to mention Supergirl is a teenager, I don't know why people keep forgetting this.

It seems to me that Supergirl's love interest is going to be Michael (aka the black dude in a wheelchair). Based on reading the interview, the writer Tony Bedard seemed to indicate that Kara getting a love interest and her teaming up with Red Hood are two separate things. However, we will see.

#3 Edited by Spidey_Jackson (6359 posts) - - Show Bio

Lord i hope so!!! Please let this be!

Beata

Avatar image for deathpoolthet1000
#4 Edited by DeathpooltheT1000 (18984 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh please God, no!!!

#5 Posted by kidstandout (269 posts) - - Show Bio

see i thought about this really hard and at first i like the idea( keep in mind kara is actually older because of the space travel mumbo jumbo) but the fact that jason is more street level would basically make this another roy x starfire. speaking of which, when are they ever going to follow up on roy's hanging plot with cheshire. she did rescue him simply for being a good guy. starfire needs to move on anyway, being with roy hasn't done any good for her.

#6 Edited by The_Kidd (12588 posts) - - Show Bio

I just cant see that working out well but base on their interaction in the B/S Annual I would like if she became a part time member of the Outlaws or just they do more team ups.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

#7 Posted by HighlyEvolved (349 posts) - - Show Bio

I would actually really like this.

#8 Posted by jayc1324 (26432 posts) - - Show Bio

They're cool together. They were awesome in the batman superman annual. It wouldn't make much sense but it would be refreshing and I like it

#9 Posted by Frozen (21137 posts) - - Show Bio

@jayc1324 said:

They're cool together. They were awesome in the batman superman annual. It wouldn't make much sense but it would be refreshing and I like it

Kara is 16. It shouldn't really work.

Avatar image for midnightdragon18
#10 Posted by midnightdragon18 (9871 posts) - - Show Bio
#11 Posted by youknowwhattodo (2196 posts) - - Show Bio

@youknowwhattodo: @frozen: there is only a 2 years difference, it's not like Jason is in his 30's or anything.

It doesn't matter if he's in his 20's or 30's, he is a legal adult and she is a minor, it won't look right. There is a reason why Supergirl hasn't been paired up with the big name male characters of the DCU despite fan interest, it's because of her youth. Besides, what good could possibly come from Supergirl and Jason dating, it is very, very difficult to write a romantic pairing involving a cosmic level character with their own universe with a street level character with their own separate universe as well. The only time it works is when they only exist in that particular comic they are in. I don't have any faith that either of the writers of these characters have the creativity (and editorial freedom) needed to make that pairing work.

As I've alluded to before, don't get your hopes up that this team-up is going to lead to a romantic relationship between Jason and Kara. Michael (the guy in the wheelchair) is going to be her love interest. Jason will likely be a big brother figure for Kara for a few issues to help deal with her anger, and I think that for a few issues that would work pretty well.

I remember when Lady Shiva was announced to make her debut in Nightwing and that she was going to be younger. The fanbase actually thought (not kidding here) that Dick and Lady Shiva were going to get into a romantic relationship and some even speculated that Cassandra Cain was going to be the child of Dick and Sandra.

It didn't happen.

#12 Posted by daredevil21134 (15939 posts) - - Show Bio

@midnightdragon18 said:

@youknowwhattodo: @frozen: there is only a 2 years difference, it's not like Jason is in his 30's or anything.

It doesn't matter if he's in his 20's or 30's, he is a legal adult and she is a minor, it won't look right. There is a reason why Supergirl hasn't been paired up with the big name male characters of the DCU despite fan interest, it's because of her youth. Besides, what good could possibly come from Supergirl and Jason dating, it is very, very difficult to write a romantic pairing involving a cosmic level character with their own universe with a street level character with their own separate universe as well. The only time it works is when they only exist in that particular comic they are in. I don't have any faith that either of the writers of these characters have the creativity (and editorial freedom) needed to make that pairing work.

As I've alluded to before, don't get your hopes up that this team-up is going to lead to a romantic relationship between Jason and Kara. Michael (the guy in the wheelchair) is going to be her love interest. Jason will likely be a big brother figure for Kara for a few issues to help deal with her anger, and I think that for a few issues that would work pretty well.

I remember when Lady Shiva was announced to make her debut in Nightwing and that she was going to be younger. The fanbase actually thought (not kidding here) that Dick and Lady Shiva were going to get into a romantic relationship and some even speculated that Cassandra Cain was going to be the child of Dick and Sandra.

It didn't happen.

Thank you

#13 Posted by midnightdragon18 (9871 posts) - - Show Bio

@youknowwhattodo: lol legally jason is dead, but like i said it's only a 2 year gap which is socially acceptable.

#14 Edited by Kaelthas31 (20 posts) - - Show Bio

veo Que Pense about ESTO Muy duro y al Principio me gusta la idea (diez en Cuenta kara es en Realidad alcalde, debido a Jumbo espacial Viaje la Mumbo), Pero el Hecho De Que Jason es Más a Nivel de calle, basicamente HACER ESTA Otra roy x fuego estelar. Hablando de ESO, CUANDO SE ES Que Alguna Vez van a Seguir en la parcela Que cuelga de roy estafa cheshire. Simplemente rescatarlo Hizo ella Ser Por buen ONU Tipo. starfire NECESITA párr Seguir Adelante de Todos Modos, aire ESTAR roy no ha Servido de ella nada párr.

jason tiene poder mistyc, que mata a los demonios y robots fácilmente

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

#15 Edited by The_Titan_Lord (9508 posts) - - Show Bio

Interesting.

#16 Posted by JakeN7 (15180 posts) - - Show Bio

@youknowwhattodo: Age of consent varies from state to state. Many have it at 16. Besides that, there is a 3-year slider for these types of cases. If one of the partners is more than 3 years older than the minor, then they'll be charged with the full extent of the law. But if it's 3 or less, then no on is really going to bother them about it. At least, that's what I've heard anyways.

#17 Posted by czechoslovakia (170 posts) - - Show Bio

regardless of age...jason's too mature, damaged, and broody for her

#18 Posted by Dernman (26467 posts) - - Show Bio

This wouldn't be the first stupid thing DC did since the 52 started.

#19 Posted by Jmarshmallow (13919 posts) - - Show Bio

Kara is 16?

Wow.

Is it just me, or did it just get SUPER pedo-y in here?...

Jmarshmallow

#20 Posted by Slonewolf (54 posts) - - Show Bio

I ship it. It would be good to see an actual Superbat relationship and these two have much in common regarding overcoming their pasts and being in a good place at the moment. Can't wait for next month's issue when they team up again.

#21 Posted by ScouterV (7764 posts) - - Show Bio

Why not give it a chance?

#22 Posted by midnightdragon18 (9871 posts) - - Show Bio
#23 Posted by Jmarshmallow (13919 posts) - - Show Bio
#24 Posted by youknowwhattodo (2196 posts) - - Show Bio

@jaken7 said:

@youknowwhattodo: Age of consent varies from state to state. Many have it at 16. Besides that, there is a 3-year slider for these types of cases. If one of the partners is more than 3 years older than the minor, then they'll be charged with the full extent of the law. But if it's 3 or less, then no on is really going to bother them about it. At least, that's what I've heard anyways.

I know from researching criminal cases that law enforcement has bothered to continue the case even if the age difference is less than 3. I don't know if the whole "it varies from state to state" really helps because can you imagine on DC: ALL ACCESS, the creators of the Supergirl defending the pairing saying "well age of consent is different in many states and in some states if the age different is less than 3 they won't bother", it won't end well lol.

But seriously there was another point that I made that I think has been overlooked and that is you should never, ever romantically pair up a cosmic-powered character with their own universe with a street-level character with their own separate universe because it very rarely works. The only times it does work is when those two characters only exist in book that they are paired in (often team books) and even then it doesn't always work. One of the main problems that RHATO has is the fact that there is a cosmic-powered character teaming up with two street-level characters and romantically pairing up Jason and Kara would be making things worse.

Avatar image for amazing_webhead
#25 Edited by amazing_webhead (10035 posts) - - Show Bio

I would give my opinion, but even I know that my crush on Supergirl makes me too biased to be trusted.

Also, isn't Jason a little old for her?

#26 Edited by Kaelthas31 (20 posts) - - Show Bio

@jaken7 said:

I know from researching criminal cases that law enforcement has bothered to continue the case even if the age difference is less than 3. I don't know if the whole "it varies from state to state" really helps because can you imagine on DC: ALL ACCESS, the creators of the Supergirl defending the pairing saying "well age of consent is different in many states and in some states if the age different is less than 3 they won't bother", it won't end well lol.

But seriously there was another point that I made that I think has been overlooked and that is you should never, ever romantically pair up a cosmic-powered character with their own universe with a street-level character with their own separate universe because it very rarely works. The only times it does work is when those two characters only exist in book that they are paired in (often team books) and even then it doesn't always work. One of the main problems that RHATO has is the fact that there is a cosmic-powered character teaming up with two street-level characters and romantically pairing up Jason and Kara would be making things worse.

jason has mystical powers

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

#27 Edited by youknowwhattodo (2196 posts) - - Show Bio

@kaelthas31: You can have powers and still be a street-level character. So still a no to Jason and Kara.

#28 Edited by Kaelthas31 (20 posts) - - Show Bio

youknowwhattodo dijo:

@ Kaelthas31 : USTED TENER Poderes Florerias y ASI AÚN Ser ONU Personaje de Nivel de la calle. ASI Que todavia hay un Jason y Kara.

jason combatir demonios ancestrales

lady shiva es un peleador común y corriente? Dick tenía un duro enfrentamiento con ella, jason derrotarla en segundos

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for deactivated-5d3f071d30d9f
#29 Posted by deactivated-5d3f071d30d9f (5172 posts) - - Show Bio

@kaelthas31: Mystic swords, i think they are All Castle´s weapons.

#30 Edited by Kaelthas31 (20 posts) - - Show Bio
#31 Posted by youknowwhattodo (2196 posts) - - Show Bio
#32 Posted by deactivated-5d3f071d30d9f (5172 posts) - - Show Bio

@kaelthas31:

"Magic Punch" on Red Hood suposed to be martial art move that he learned from Talia.

#33 Posted by Kaelthas31 (20 posts) - - Show Bio

@vitalius said:

@ Kaelthas31 :

"Magic Punch" en Red Hood suposed ser arte marcial movimiento que él aprendió de Talia.

nullify the powers of ras

#34 Edited by deactivated-5d3f071d30d9f (5172 posts) - - Show Bio
#35 Posted by ScouterV (7764 posts) - - Show Bio

@jaken7 said:

Maybe this time it could work though? You never know. Just because something hasn't worked before, doesn't mean it never can. I don't see why powers and universes should separate two people if they actually care about each other.

And yes, I realize that sounds extremely cheesy, but don't let that get in the way of something that could potentially work.

#36 Edited by youknowwhattodo (2196 posts) - - Show Bio

@scouterv said:

@youknowwhattodo said:

@jaken7 said:

Maybe this time it could work though? You never know. Just because something hasn't worked before, doesn't mean it never can. I don't see why powers and universes should separate two people if they actually care about each other.

And yes, I realize that sounds extremely cheesy, but don't let that get in the way of something that could potentially work.

That's not exactly a ringing endorsement.

#37 Posted by darktiger (4861 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't ship it

#38 Posted by Lelanka (101 posts) - - Show Bio

Nope. So many ppl ship it... Nah. He'd use a totally new girlfriend if some.

#39 Edited by MLGDoritoSoup (87 posts) - - Show Bio

So how exactly would they even bang without him getting rekt anyway ? I couldnt even see MetaHumans like Slade or Azrael getting it on with supergirl without getting killed.

Unless Kryptonians have some amazing control over the force they use then She would Kill him literally with a hug let alone breaking his hand with a handshake.

#40 Posted by SpentShrimp (99 posts) - - Show Bio
#41 Posted by Rurgandy (480 posts) - - Show Bio

@spentshrimp: That happened during Convergence, when Superman was depowered

#42 Edited by SpentShrimp (99 posts) - - Show Bio

@rurgandy: Okay, but they have slept together plenty of other times while he was powered up. He has the ability to control his strength, and so does Supergirl.