The Immortal Hulk - 2019

Avatar image for medulaoblaganda
medulaoblaganda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Carnage is temporary gonna be the most powerful character in Marvel base on his massive amped power.

Supermanthor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 20

#452  Edited By Supermanthor

@medulaoblaganda: someone like gorr or surtur I don't have anyproblem seeing them oneshoting hulk or something

But if they pull a cheap shot like spider Man captain America or black widow manageing to beat hulk not only just me but everyone have a huge problem lol

medulaoblaganda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@supermanthor: Nah, there's no way writers will make spider man, captain america or black widow beat the hulk, especially how powerful Immortal hulk currently is. All i want is Hulk to lose from a big threat level. Someone like Knull or a massively amped carnage powered by Knull himself. I don't mind him beating Hulk but it has to be a good fight that will make Carnage remember how dangerous Immortal hulk is. You know what i mean?

ZillaG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@supermanthor: @medulaoblaganda: Out of curiosity when did Carnage get an amp from Knull? I haven't been following what happened to him at all so i haven't see him getting an amp from him. Or is that something yet to happen?

medulaoblaganda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zillag:

After the Poison Queen's death, Poison Carnage's crystalline exoskeleton and consumed symbiote crumbled to reveal Cletus Kasady somehow restored to humanity. As gravity took hold of Cletus, the Carnage symbiote regenerated and emerged in an attempt to shield his body from the reentry plasma; but it was badly damaged despite its Darkhold-augmentations, leaving him badly burnt. Cletus crash-landed in the desert and died from his severe injuries, his body being recovered and ID'd by authorities.

An apocalyptic cult dedicated to worshipping Knull, led by a corrupted Scorn, attacked the convoy transporting Cletus's body to retrieve it, and later stole a sample of the primordial Grendel symbiote from the Maker's Provect Oversight laboratory. Scorn bonded the Grendel symbiote to Cletus, intending to turn him into Knull's new vessel; and Cletus was psychically connected to the dark god, fighting against his will for control of his body. Cletus' connection to Knull was broken when he ripped out Scorn's spine to consume the trace remnants - or codex - of the Carnage symbiote left over from her time as its host. Amalgamating the Grendel and Carnage symbiotes, Cletus decided to help free Knull and set out to hunt down and consume the codexes of the other symbiote hosts, living and deceased. Carnage subsequently conquered San Francisco's underground city which Venom had once guarded as the Lethal Protector and used his newfound abilities to infect the inhabitants with symbiote "brain worms," sending them to hunt down those who possessed symbiote codexes

ZillaG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@medulaoblaganda: What comic this happened in? Was it Venom or somewhere else? Since i haven't been keeping up with Venom recently.

Supermanthor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Supermanthor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zillag: it's happened either on venom or some carnage mini series couple of months ago

medulaoblaganda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#459  Edited By medulaoblaganda

@zillag: It happened in Web of Venom: Carnage born. Believe me, I've been catching up on venom comics and venomverse comic event. Venom is my second favorite character. lol. Also, read Venom vol 4 issue 7 and 8

Supermanthor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zillag: It happened in Web of Venom: Carnage born. Believe me, I've been catching up on venom comics and venomverse comic event. Venom is my second favorite character. lol. Also, read Venom vol 4 issue 7 and 8

oh yeah now i remember thanks for the heads up

medulaoblaganda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@supermanthor: You're welcome bro!!. Imagine Donny Cates writing the Hulk comic. That would be so dope

Supermanthor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@medulaoblaganda: yup

But I want Ewing to have at least 100 issues on his name

Then all of those issues reprint it within 3 omnibus :)

medulaoblaganda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@supermanthor: I agree bro!!. Both Donny cates and Al Ewing are pretty much the same in terms of writing. They both like to explore on the characters origin and and they also go dark. Just look at Al Ewing take on Hulk and Donny Cates take on venom. both of their origin changed. Venom and Immortal Hulk comic are among the best comic in Marvel. The power house of Marvel now is Al Ewing second to Donny Cates in my opinion

Supermanthor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

medulaoblaganda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

How come you guys didn't notice Immortal Hulk turning grey when he he took one of Nyx’s shards for himself and broke it, turning him to Grey Hulk, but this Grey hulk persona might be different from Joe fixit.

Gray hulk

ZillaG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@medulaoblaganda: People did notice that, it's just that as of now there isn't much to mention about it until we see it developed more.

Anyway issue 17 pencils

No Caption Provided

GreenScar1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 1

@medulaoblaganda:

This is Immortal Hulk. He's gray-white, just like Nyx, due to absorbing the power of the Dark Shard of Night. So, of course he's gonna be different. We all know this, and can only determine further once we get more issues of Avengers: No Road Home.

medulaoblaganda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@greenscar1990: Ah I see. By the way, what the hell is happening to Hulk Immortal hulk issue 17? Its ewwish. Do you have any idea what's happening this scary looking Hulk?

PlatinumThorns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

medulaoblaganda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ZillaG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#471  Edited By ZillaG

People are going nuts for this book

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2019/03/26/as-immortal-hulk-16-becomes-a-three-figure-comic-on-ebay-before-publication-it-gets-two-second-printings/

Issue 16 has sold out before it even came out and it already is going for not one but 2 different second printings.

People have payed up to 150 dollars just to get this cover

No Caption Provided

And all of it has sold out already before the comic even came out. This book is killing it.

Supermanthor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Good let them buy let them buy

medulaoblaganda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ZillaG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It amazes me just how boring Hulkverines is after only 2 issues. Nothing remotely interesting about it, extremely predictable yet also all over the place with it's plot. I genuinely don't know what happened to Pak but it's clear he isn't the writer he used to be, the sales for Hulkverines #1 was only 38k, which is horrible for a first release especially one with a writer as famous as Pak.

No Road Home was interesting and exciting at least, looks like Strange is gonna get pulled into the midst and i was surprised when they mentioned Euphoria the living planet, nice reference to Surfers run. I wonder what plan Hulk has.

thedailybagel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#475 thedailybagel  Moderator

So hulkverines is going nowhere. Pak has a huge problem with pacing and making satisfying stories nowadays... it’s like he doesn’t really know where to go with what he’s doing, except he does, and it just doesn’t work.

No road home was alright, looking forward to Hulk vs Nyx anyway.

ZillaG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thedailybagel: It really is amazing to me, it's only the second issue of a 3-issue story and it's already run out of gas. The pacing felt like a real problem in this book, it felt like he sat down and wrote this comic while taking long breaks between every other page he wrote. What the hell happened to Pak? Did he lose interest in writing comics? Or was he always a 1-hit wonder with Planet Hulk and we all just never realized that?

thedailybagel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#477 thedailybagel  Moderator

@zillag: I’d describe his recent stuff as very childlike and episodic. The stories aren’t very mature and they don’t follow an overarching theme, they just seem really rushed and uninspired (like all of totally awesome Hulk) with cringey themes and dialogue.

I don’t think it was a one hit wonder, Incredible Hulks and his 10 or so issues on Banner all felt like one cohesive story, and it was clear what he was trying to do the entire time.

For a more recent example, the issue where Cho dealt with banners death and spoke to carol was amazing, Pak nailed the dialogue and there was pretty much one key difference between that issue and the rest of the series:

Tone. No cringey dialogue, no attempt at forcing a story to work, no rushing between scenes to fill a book. Just Pak dissecting the thoughts and emotions of a character who felt genuine hurt, who had the power to do something, but restrained himself due to being a good person.

Pak works best when he stops trying to make something happen out of nothing and really dissects the characters he’s writing. Clay is alright, but he’s basically just a generic “badass with a family to protect” with some hulk undertones thrown in. I don’t think Hulkverines was even his idea, tbh.

ZillaG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zillag: I’d describe his recent stuff as very childlike and episodic. The stories aren’t very mature and they don’t follow an overarching theme, they just seem really rushed and uninspired (like all of totally awesome Hulk) with cringey themes and dialogue.

I don’t think it was a one hit wonder, Incredible Hulks and his 10 or so issues on Banner all felt like one cohesive story, and it was clear what he was trying to do the entire time.

For a more recent example, the issue where Cho dealt with banners death and spoke to carol was amazing, Pak nailed the dialogue and there was pretty much one key difference between that issue and the rest of the series:

Tone. No cringey dialogue, no attempt at forcing a story to work, no rushing between scenes to fill a book. Just Pak dissecting the thoughts and emotions of a character who felt genuine hurt, who had the power to do something, but restrained himself due to being a good person.

Pak works best when he stops trying to make something happen out of nothing and really dissects the characters he’s writing. Clay is alright, but he’s basically just a generic “badass with a family to protect” with some hulk undertones thrown in. I don’t think Hulkverines was even his idea, tbh.

Yea i think you nailed it, childish is what comes to mind a lot with recent Pak stories. His totally awesome Hulk being the prime example. I can't even get over the fact that he had an issue where a real life basketball player co-stars with Amadeus Cho and they play basketball and use basketball to defeat some robot, this in the same book where he tried to make tragic overtones about Cho, his sister and their dead parents, the childish antics and dead parents clashed so hard with the whole run for me which is one of the many reasons why it ultimately failed so much, that and the fact that nobody really wanted Cho as Hulk to begin with.

Maybe not a literal one-shot wonder but the good things he writes are so far and few in-between of all the shit things he puts out. You are right, his Fallen One one-shot having everyone deal with Bruce being dead was really, really good. Which i guess really shows that he should really abandon the childlike antics and cringe humor and write stories that primarily focus on a more serious tones, he might end up writing a good book. Hulkverines isn't that in the least.

I am 99% sure it wasn't his idea. You can tell that Weapon-H story wasn't suppose to end yet, the problem is very poor sales got in the way of Pak finishing the story he wanted for Clay, so in order to give him some, any kind of a conclusion, even a rushed one, editors called him and told him to write a 3-part short where he ties it all together and gives Clay a conclusion because i can guarantee you after Hulkverines is over we aren't gonna be seeing Clay anywhere in the Marvel universe, he is gonna be quickly forgotten. Literally Moon-Girl has more of a staying power than him, he is just too generic and forgettable and his run was too short lived to make any kind of a relevant impact on the Marvel universe.

Toratorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zillag: actually... Clay is going to appear in War of the Realms. So it seems like he'll stay.

ZillaG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#480  Edited By ZillaG

@toratorn: In what capacity? Because of he just appears as a background character or part of a random team than that's pretty much all he will ever be from now on, maybe appear sometimes somewhere as background fodder and maybe not even that.

Toratorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ZillaG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@toratorn: Yea, i guess they needed their Hulk stand in for a throaway comic on a random team. Again i don't really think we will be seeing Clay after that.

medulaoblaganda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zillag: I'm afraid clay is gonna die off after war of realms just like how Skaar died off.

ZillaG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@medulaoblaganda: If he dies off that would be great since we need less Hulks running around, not more.

medulaoblaganda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zillag: I personally like the character. He has a good character development. There are not many Hulks running around though. What will you say about spider men?

Avatar image for theincrediblesuperhulk8642
TheIncredibleSuperHulk8642

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Tbh in regards to the quality of Pak as an author, it is a shame. In the last few years his writing has just become so mediocre.

Back at the beginning of his career he delivered a fantastic run on Hulk and Hercules, a great and short War Machine run, a solid Doc Strange GN, a good Surfer mini, a decent Warlock mini and 2 phenomenal mini’s on Magneto and Red Skull. He had a few missteps like the Marvel Nemesis mini, X-Men mini’s or his run on the X-Tereme X-Men but overall he was consistently delivering the goods.

Then he went to DC and while he delivered another great run on Superman (in Action), his run on Batman/Superman started to demonstrate a bit of his mediocrity. Part of it was due to the inconsistency in the art but also just Pak writing boring stories as the series progressed. He delivered a strong stint on Storm so again the quality was still there.

Since then though, barring some parts of Weapon H and the Banner focused issues of Totally Awesome Hulk everything he’s written has been highly mediocre. Husband Agents if Atlas will likely be no different. It’s a shame because he makes me think of Bendis now, an author who knocked some books out of the park but over time descended into mediocrity with hints of his past greatness and hasn’t really risen out of it yet (I believe Bendis more or less had a reboost in his creative juices going to DC and am enjoying his work again *except for the current Superman arc which is trash* but not everyone agrees).

Supermanthor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#487  Edited By Supermanthor

@zillag: @medulaoblaganda: what many guys can't understand that marvel is taking DC's post Crisis era apporch with multiple characters with same powers running in their universe at the same time aka legacy characters

It can be very good (DC )or it can be a huge pain in the back (marvel) for the readers depending on how writers treat it

medulaoblaganda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@supermanthor: @theincrediblesuperhulk8642:I don't know if its just me. Maybe Pak doesn't know how to handle the new incarnation of hulk well. I might be wrong. I'm curious, what is it that sucks in Hulkverine issue 2? I think I like the issue though.

Supermanthor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@medulaoblaganda: i likeit too though its just after ewings fantastic run it feels meh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@medulaoblaganda: it’s not bad, Pak’s Weapon H stuff hasn’t been terrible. It’s just slightly above being mediocre, it’s dumb fun. Enjoyable but not as good as we know he can deliver

helloman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hulk comics looking good.

medulaoblaganda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theincrediblesuperhulk8642: Yeah, something like that. His weapon H run was great though. I wonder who's gonna write Weapon H after his involvement with War of the realms.

medulaoblaganda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@supermanthor: I remember saying that Ewing is a miles a better writer than Pak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@medulaoblaganda: I’d say it depends. Ewing for me reminds me a lot of Pak. Ewing delivered some amazing work on Loki, The Ultimates, Hulk and with his current Avengers run with Zub and Waid. Everything else he’s done varies in quality. Certain things like Mighty Avengers are pretty decent whereas stuff like Inhumans or Content of Champions is pretty bland and poor.

Supermanthor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

medulaoblaganda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@supermanthor: Ewing immortal hulk comic is actually DC's best writer level in my opinion. He can compete with those legendary writers. He's a beast

medulaoblaganda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theincrediblesuperhulk8642: Writers are not perfect. Ewing currently is a consistent badass writer. He could pick up a character and make the character great and loved. I wish he picked up she hulk and make her great again

Supermanthor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@supermanthor: Ewing immortal hulk comic is actually DC's best writer level in my opinion. He can compete with those legendary writers. He's a beast

agree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theincrediblesuperhulk8642: tbh dude ewings ultimates is morrison level stuff

No doubt, that and his Hulk are his crowning achievements. I hope his more mediocore style of work is behind him.

ZillaG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Preview for Immortal Hulk #16

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Props to those who called out the corpse on the experimental table being Rick. Given the tone of this comic and how horrific and gruesome Bennets art is. I feel sorry for Rick. Al and Joe are gonna turn him into a horrifying monster. Some kind of a combination of A-bomb and Abomination.