Posted by inferiorego (25733 posts) - - Show Bio
No Caption Provided

Strap in, hold on and Hulk out – it’s time to meet your Totally Awesome Hulk, the one and only Amadeus Cho! That’s right true believer, it’s a all-new Jade Giant for an all-different Marvel Universe and he’s coming to you this December in TOTALLY AWESOME HULK #1! Legendary and storied Hulk scribe Greg Pak (Planet Hulk) returns to the fan-favorite character he created as he powers up to become the newest green goliath! And he’s bringing blockbuster artist Frank Cho (Mighty Avengers, Savage Wolverine) along for the ride!

The mystery behind the new Hulk’s identity has been revealed! But what has happened to the original Hulk, Bruce Banner in the previous eight months? All will be revealed – and the answers will surprise you! But one thing is for certain – Amadeus Cho is a completely different kind of Hulk. Not tormented, not conflicted. Just a giant green wrecking machine who loves being the Hulk! What could possibly go wrong?

“Come December, the one true Hulk will be a 19-year-old Korean-America “Boy Genius” who is going to carry the burden of being the Hulk like it weighs a feather,” says Marvel Editor-in-Chief Axel Alonso. “He's going to love every minute of it. In this new series, we are going to lean hard into the fantasy aspects of being the Hulk. It can’t be all bad, can it?”

Big heart, big action and high stakes await as Amadeus Cho embarks on his first gamma-fueled adventure! Believe us, you’ve never seen a Hulk like this before – and it’s TOTALLY AWESOME. Be there as the Hulk’s exciting journey begins this December in the bombastic debut of TOTALLY AWESOME HULK #1!

TOTALLY AWESOME HULK #1

No Caption Provided

Written by GREG PAK

Art & Cover by FRANK CHO

Variant Cover by FRANK CHO

On Sale in December!

Staff
#1 Edited by Mr. Kamikaze (834 posts) - - Show Bio

I like that they're finally using Cho more, but I kinda wish it wasn't under the guise of Hulk.

#2 Posted by Flash1812 (5717 posts) - - Show Bio

After everything IT WAS HIM

Love the art gonna be an awesome series

Maybe Rulk will be Chos nemisis?

Whoever that is

#3 Posted by Blizaga101 (1036 posts) - - Show Bio

I like it, changing things up is always fun for me. But Im not too familair with amadeus, is the wrist thing hes wearing a give away? It doesnt look like anything major?

#4 Posted by Outside_85 (23518 posts) - - Show Bio

Loki is (maybe) the bad guy of A-Force. The new Hulk is exactly who most people thought he was. Next I imagine Marvel will ask if the sun will rise.

#5 Posted by TDK_1997 (18599 posts) - - Show Bio

Cho's Hulk looks strange.

#6 Posted by Batman3000 (5645 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes I was right!

Avatar image for atheistknowledge
#7 Posted by AtheistKnowledge (9595 posts) - - Show Bio

First off told you, secondly meh...

Only a few white guys left Marvel that are in dire need of color washing. Get to it and soon we can pretend characters like Banner and Thor Odinson never even existed.

Yes I was right!

So was 95% of the internet.

#8 Posted by KritikalMassX (1510 posts) - - Show Bio

So Cho...will be drawn...by Cho.

Loading Video...

#9 Posted by waezi2 (24340 posts) - - Show Bio

I like that they're finally using Cho more, but I kinda wish it wasn't under the guise of Hulk.

Better than nothing...

#10 Posted by Koays (10538 posts) - - Show Bio

"During an interview, editor Axel Alonso revealed that they wanted to change things up, since fans have been reading Bruce Banner stories for the longest time....."

Why is this logic ok?

#11 Posted by Captain13 (4769 posts) - - Show Bio

@inferiorego said:

As many people speculated, early on, totally awesome Hulk is actually Amadeus Cho.

Truer words have never been written. That said, and while Substitue Hulk is a sub, I like the idea of an Amadeus-Hulk.

I also like the idea of an Asian Hulk. This won't be the first Asian-Hulk though. There was one on the Static Shock episode "Tantrum," lol.

#12 Posted by w0nd (6803 posts) - - Show Bio

@koays said:

"During an interview, editor Axel Alonso revealed that they wanted to change things up, since fans have been reading Bruce Banner stories for the longest time....."

Why is this logic ok?

except for all those other hulk stories that weren't bruce

#13 Edited by Captain13 (4769 posts) - - Show Bio

@koays said:

Why is this logic ok?

Yeah, it's a weak pretext to set up a stunt. But hey, stunts sell! I'm just surprised the Marvel editors are not going on talk shows talking about how historic an Asian-Hulk is.

Avatar image for captainmarvel4ever
#14 Posted by CaptainMarvel4Ever (9890 posts) - - Show Bio

Kind of a disappointing reveal, but it still looks like it could be fun.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
#15 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (45774 posts) - - Show Bio

So they got rid of all the Hulks to then... make another one?

#16 Posted by tensor (8375 posts) - - Show Bio

I am curious to see what they are going to do with this.

Avatar image for ultimate_knight
#17 Edited by Ultimate_Knight (10849 posts) - - Show Bio
#18 Posted by mikeg1965 (53 posts) - - Show Bio

Who the hell is Amadeus Cho and why does his head look like Mr. Softee' the Ice-Cream Dude?

#19 Posted by ScrappyDont27 (531 posts) - - Show Bio

That two headed turtle monster thing looks awesome, I want a story about that I could care less about who hulk is.

#20 Posted by kevinwalsh (135 posts) - - Show Bio

"Can't I just have interesting stories with bruce banner" <--don't fully grasp how good comic books work

#21 Edited by AtheistKnowledge (9595 posts) - - Show Bio

"Can't I just have interesting stories with bruce banner" <--don't fully grasp how good comic books work

Yea good comic books color wash and gender bend white male characters.

#22 Posted by Perfect 10 (1655 posts) - - Show Bio

amadeus was/is cool without being a hulk. really dont get why they are doing this. "book starring an asian man where he is green and uses his fists to solve problems" yeah NO!

#23 Edited by Captain13 (4769 posts) - - Show Bio
Gallery image 1Gallery image 2Gallery image 3Gallery image 4

Tony really stands out now since he's the only one who isn't a legacy.

#24 Posted by Perfect 10 (1655 posts) - - Show Bio

@mikeg1965: so you dont read hulk, hercules or avengers cause he's popped up in all three titles. he's the 7th smartest person in the world first appeared during the whole world war hulk event

#25 Posted by veronicacris (187 posts) - - Show Bio

pretty much this

Avatar image for stmichalofwilson
#26 Posted by StMichalofWilson (5630 posts) - - Show Bio

Why am I reminded of Iron Man Armored Adventures for some reason?

Avatar image for smart_dork_dude
#27 Posted by Smart_Dork_Dude (3366 posts) - - Show Bio

@captain13: Not to mention? This makes a bit more sense than the Thor situation since Gamma radiation can cause this in a LOT of people

#28 Posted by mikeg1965 (53 posts) - - Show Bio

@perfect_10: No Sir, not in awhile. Thanks for the info.

#29 Posted by Captain13 (4769 posts) - - Show Bio

@smart_dork_dude: True. I wonder if the wristband emits gamma radiation, allowing him to transform.

#30 Edited by KritikalMassX (1510 posts) - - Show Bio

One thing: Remember the censored arm? Seems to be some sort of bracelet with a device that has Cho transformed into The Hulk whenever he wants to, without him being angry or something.

#31 Posted by AriesWarlock (260 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't care about She-hulk, just make sure Lyra shows up.

#32 Edited by Squalleon (9994 posts) - - Show Bio

WHAT A TWIST!

#33 Posted by G_leno (1507 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm actually starting to feel discriminated against. Is Tony Stark the only white male left in the Marvel universe? I fear he will be soon.

Avatar image for currentthor2015
#34 Posted by CurrentThor2015 (687 posts) - - Show Bio

@g_leno: I understand your concern, after all diversity does mean a mix of races, not everything else barring one (white)

Avatar image for currentthor2015
#35 Posted by CurrentThor2015 (687 posts) - - Show Bio

I'll try this one out, I actually like these status quo changes for the heroes, I never read Cap or Thor before but the new Cap & Thor I really like now, and I've always liked X-23 so her being Wolverine is something I'm definetely getting too.

#36 Posted by kevinwalsh (135 posts) - - Show Bio
@kevinwalsh said:

Yea good comic books color wash and gender bend white male characters.

.............no, good comic books are written by good writers or have good artists.

#37 Posted by Farkam (11983 posts) - - Show Bio

@g_leno said:

I'm actually starting to feel discriminated against. Is Tony Stark the only white male left in the Marvel universe? I fear he will be soon.

No Caption Provided

#38 Posted by AtheistKnowledge (9595 posts) - - Show Bio

@kevinwalsh: Yes, because good writers and good artists are infallible.

#39 Posted by BumBurger (142 posts) - - Show Bio

That hair looks like ice cream and I hate that title lol

#40 Edited by sasquatch888 (716 posts) - - Show Bio

banner is hulk ...cho is kool but I hope they don't get rid of banner .....im sure we'll see banner hulk vs cho hulk eventually

#41 Posted by kevinwalsh (135 posts) - - Show Bio

No, I never said that. If the story or art is there, who cares if the characters are this race or that gender...........just enjoy a good comic. I'm not saying this is going to be the best thing out, but who cares who's the Hulk or Thor or Batman if there is a compelling story. Let that be the thing that drives whether you read something or not, not holding on to some petty notion that every character has to be locked into a mantel of one thing. Bruce is in this comic, he might be doing cool things as just Bruce. Thor Odinson is still in Thor rocking a badass metal arm and a giant ax. Good stories are what I like in a comic.

#42 Edited by mickeymayhew (426 posts) - - Show Bio

I haven't read Hulk for years, so I have no idea who this character is

#43 Posted by Cream_God (15519 posts) - - Show Bio

K, still waiting for the PR stunts to end, been a while since I read Marvel

#44 Posted by SoA (6246 posts) - - Show Bio

so will he be dumb and savage or retain his intellect? or like joe fixit different personality all together??

like most minority led books im gonna love this 14 issue run. really wish i was joking with that last sentence...

#45 Posted by sasquatch888 (716 posts) - - Show Bio
Gallery image 1Gallery image 2Gallery image 3Gallery image 4

Tony really stands out now since he's the only one who isn't a legacy.

I feel like the house of idea's is running out of ideas...its the same story kind of pass the mantle to a minority story with a different hero.... plus as good as the new secret wars is its just feels like a doomcentric age of apocalypse of house of m type thing ...like a reality shift where the world is transformed in a villain's image ...c'mon marvel do something new please

#46 Posted by Rubear (4643 posts) - - Show Bio

Amadeus Cho. Art by Frank Cho. Heh.

#47 Posted by Thedailybagel (12625 posts) - - Show Bio

What a steaming pile of crap.

Avatar image for life_without_progress
#48 Posted by Life_Without_Progress (23704 posts) - - Show Bio

Amadeus Cho needed more spotlight tbh. I'm gonna check this out.

#49 Posted by AtheistKnowledge (9595 posts) - - Show Bio

@atheistknowledge said:

No, I never said that. If the story or art is there, who cares if the characters are this race or that gender...........just enjoy a good comic. I'm not saying this is going to be the best thing out, but who cares who's the Hulk or Thor or Batman if there is a compelling story. Let that be the thing that drives whether you read something or not, not holding on to some petty notion that every character has to be locked into a mantel of one thing. Bruce is in this comic, he might be doing cool things as just Bruce. Thor Odinson is still in Thor rocking a badass metal arm and a giant ax. Good stories are what I like in a comic.

No normal person does when it's a newly made character. But when you take someone like Superman for instance and suddenly make him black for no reason other then we need more colored people but we don't wanna make new characters so we are just gonna change the per-existing ones. Would it be any different if they changed Black Panther and made him white or Asian? Everyone would lose their minds and start pulling the racist card and rightfully so but change a white person into anyone else and that's viewed as a good thing apparently.

I care, because there is no Hulk without Banner and there is no Banner without Hulk. Hulk is a conscious born out of Banners trauma and is directly influenced by his mood and personality. Hulk has even existed inside Banner before Banner ever got hit by the gamma bomb that transformed him. It's not a freaking mantle, it's his IDENTITY. Banner being Hulk is completely different to something like Steve Rogers being Captain America, that is a mantle, being Hulks is not. Good stories should not be a substitute for character assassination, you can still have amazing stories with the characters you made in the first place.

#50 Posted by EdBlank (1480 posts) - - Show Bio

For the Hulk to be such a powerful being, it sure is easy to create one.

I am a huge Hulk fan. Just cause you are Gamma Green doesn't make you THE Hulk. There are other green hulk-like MFers.

Do not want.