Infinity War is worst showing of Hulk ever on film!

Necromancer76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I agree.

IAmTheLaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'll only be disappointed if Hulk disappoints in the next film. At this point, losing to Thanos and the Hulkbuster due to context, and beating Thor due to context, but also besting Thor in Avengers 1 doesn't seem like terrible showings for the jade giant. He also beat up a giant wolf and staggered a fire demon. The MCU hasn't been quite as Hulk-centric as I'd like (especially the last movie) but there's no real complaints here. At this point in time, the only Avenger that could beat him is Thor, and I feel pretty confident saying that. Iron Man struggled against Star Lord, so it's hilarious that anyone thinks he'd be a threat.

GreenScar1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 1

#53  Edited By GreenScar1990

@supergoku17:

If you think Thor, even in his amped mode, would only be dazed still be conscious after the Hulk's mile high smash finisher, you're beyond delusional. He'd been knocked the F out!

Bottom line:

The fight was inclusive and a stalemate. Much like the majority of their battles in the comics.

SuperGoku17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@greenscar1990: Im not delusional because you say you are. And I know your bias for hulk. Btw most of their fights thor held back.

GreenScar1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@supergoku17:

Thor has never held back against the Hulk, in comics or in the films. And I very aware of your bias for Thor as well. So you have no room to talk at all. But that last statement proves you're thunderously, incredibly, hilariously full of crap.

SuperGoku17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@supergoku17:

Thor has never held back against the Hulk, in comics or in the films. And I very aware of your bias for Thor as well. So you have no room to talk at all. But that last statement proves you're thunderously, incredibly, hilariously full of crap.

The burden of proof is on you to prove This

@greenscar1990: Im not delusional because you say you are. And I know your bias for hulk. Btw most of their fights thor held back.

Wrong.

Btw I said that thor using all of his powers murders hulk and a thor who doesnt do that it can go either way.

Where is the bias there

ignVela

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Its a 2 part movie. Stop judging it halfaway. Why are ppl expecting all things to go as you wish in one half. Its more than likely that its a development phase for hulk.

GreenScar1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@supergoku17:

Yeah, right. Despite never holding back ever in comics against the Hulk. Riiiight... and don't you mean all the powers of Mjolnir? That's where all his other powers/abilities are, yet even with those he has not yet beaten the Hulk even while going all-out. Most of their battles end in a virtual stalemate. That is fact. Where's the bias, indeed.

SuperGoku17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@supergoku17:

Yeah, right. Despite never holding back ever in comics against the Hulk. Riiiight... and don't you mean all the powers of Mjolnir? That's where all his other powers/abilities are, yet even with those he has not yet beaten the Hulk even while going all-out. Most of their battles end in a virtual stalemate. That is fact. Where's the bias, indeed.

Im waiting on proof from you and hulk has never beaten a non holding back thor.

Thor not holding back and using his powers curbstomps hulk everytime.

GreenScar1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By GreenScar1990

@supergoku17:

Incredible Hulk #440 is one of many examples. Take that, dolt. You want more? I can give you more.

The Mighty Thor #489 is another.

The Incredible Hulk Annual 2001 is yet another.

Shall I keep going? I've got more.

SuperGoku17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By SuperGoku17
slentara1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Probably gonna catch heat but oh well.

I think i know what's going on with the Hulk. I think the hulk in ragnarok and IW isn't the real hulk. 

What we know of hulk from the comics is that there are multiple hulk personalities inside banner not just one. What we also know is that the some personalities existed from the time Bruce was a child. Hulk wasn't created at the time of experimentation just unleashed. 

I think the hulk from TIH A1 and A2 are the original hulk and the one from the recent films are a new hulk. Let's look at TIH. In that movie hulk displays many emotional responses not indicative of a child. He displays a protective nature, an adult affection for Betty, an understanding of consequences of actions, annoyance with the fact that abomination was not down and out yet and that the army targeted him after he just saved them all, and enough intelligence to turn the tide of the fight and to save them from the helicopter fire. Avengers hulk understood that his landing could've hurt people when he left the helicarrier to aim his landing away from people, he also was more interested in getting out of the carrier than trying to hurt anyone really (aside from black widow initially). In avengers two after the fight with Tony he saw the damage he did and showed remorse in his eyes before being sucker punched. This makes it understandable when he used the avengers inattention during the ultron fight to slip away so they wouldn't have to watch him leave.

Now contrast that hulk against the Ragnarok. He shares none of the traits that the A1 hulk possesses and appears to be physically less powerful. He cares nothing about life because it is insinuated that he kills all his opponents in the arena. TIH hulk didn't even kill abomination at the end of the fight and he was more than just a slave fighter he may have deserved it. He has no concept of the fact that actions have consequences. He's like a child. He pouts and has tantrums.

What I think happened is sometime between A2 and Ragnarok was the creation of this new hulk. I think maybe upon landing on Sakaar this hulk was made near the time of his arrival. He's weaker, he's emotionally fragile, and just all around inferior.

I think that during the events of A4 Banner will find the real hulk again and this kid hulk will be no more. Most likely this isn't the case but considering his recent appearances I think this is plausible.

slentara1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@greenscar1990: I like how you broke down what happened in your first post. I hadn't though of it like that. I know hulk isn't a coward, but you have to admit that is exactly the takeaway that everyone will get from this movie and I don't think that label is easily erased.

Champion99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@greenscar1990: tbh if the fight went on then Thor would have won. At this point their is no denying that MCU Thor is above MCU Hulk. But hopefully that will change in Avengers 4 but it's not looking to good MCU Hulk.

slentara1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I hate the child mindset thing they could've gone other routes to develope hulk

slentara1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I see the appeal to why they did it, character development and all. He would have development if they didn't just have him mothballed when he's not present. There's no reason they couldn't have Hulk doing thing Hulk does in the background. It didn't need to be in a movie of his own or on screen at all. There's no reason Hulk lore of him fighting Gamma monsters like Gravage off screen to show that as a character he isn't standing still from movie to movie. Had they given him those struggles he wouldn't have been so vulnerable when he fought Thanos because he as a character would've faced many enemies above him that seriously wanted to kill him. Say what you want about the movie, but abomination outclassed hulk in every way in that fight until Hulk got enraged enough o overcome him spectacularly too. I would have loved to see that between the events of Avengers 2 and his next appearance Hulk had been fighting his own monsters trying to benefit the earth in his own way, fighting no one else can fight. The growth he would have accrued would have made him a formidable team member. Would he have beaten Thanos, no of course not. Hulk has never beaten Thanos. That outcome was expected, it's all they did to him afterwards that irks me. Sakaar was a vacation for Hulk. No one's character grows when thing are going good. They had a chance to really grow before Thanos but they chose to turn him into a coward by making him comfortable. That's my opinion, if you don't agree fine, idc, but after following the character all my life it's just disappointing the direction they inevitably decided to go. Also, I don't recall that they ever said implied that movie banner was smarter than Stark. Movie Stark is basically Reed Richards atm. Even if they had they haven't used his intellect outside of the first Avengers. The only thing they did regarding his intellect in this movie was show how it was less than Shuri's. It's just Hulk is Hulk. There is a standard there, fear doesn't stop him, pain doesn't stop him. He would NEVER win a fight at all if either of those things were ever a factor because historically most fights he's been in the opponent outclassed him. Only his singular drive to be the strongest made him survive. They did good bring that aspect of his to screen in Ragnarok, but this being scared is such a departure from any aspect of his character. It just doesn't sit well. He's not a coward. Idc what his mental maturity is. He has never portrayed in such a way. Maybe they'll take him somewhere great but I know that Hulk will never be the one to put down the big bad, he will always be a sidekick. He will have his moment and then it'll pass and he'll fade into the background again because God forbid Hulk does anything substantial. Ugh I'm trying so hard to move away from this lol.

GreenScar1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

GreenScar1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@champion99:

No, the fight was left inconclusive. When Thor got the amp, the playing field was leveled. He didn't have an edge, but he was then finally able to match the Hulk, but for how long we're left to wonder. And even with his most powerful and best shots, he still didn't get the job done.

Plus, what if Hulk performed his finisher on Thor before the Grandmaster intervened? He would have most likely knocked Thor the F out.

slentara1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hulk wasn't interested in the grandmaster's help. After he interfered hulk looked up at him annoyed. Yeah he went on and did his finisher but from the looks of it he wasn't near done

slentara1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think the writers did that because they didn't want to fight to go on and on.

Galactic_1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yep

slentara1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The real question is how can Thor get electrocuted in the first place lol

SuperGoku17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

DevilmayDare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Braindead.

Thekillerklok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Banner running around in the hulkbuster was one of the highlights of the movie in my opinion.

ThorMight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm still hoping for Hulk to go Gamma Radiation on Thanos's ass.

Banner got his shining moment, now Hulk will show the casual audience who is the strongest there is

GreenScar1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@supergoku17:

I gave you proof and labeled the issues. If there's anyone who doesn't, it is you. I wouldn't doubt it that you're one of those Thor fanboys who makes numerous accounts after getting banned so he can continue to troll the threads/boards.

You want proof? Have it! And these are but a few examples. I win, you lose.

Loading Video...
Loading Video...
Loading Video...

xRaffy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hulk465: This is exactly how i feel. As a major Hulk fan I wish he didnt get beat like this but i know it was the only way Thanos could win. I just hate that most people are saying that he made him scared and never came out for the rest of the movie. My theory is that Hulk was not scared of Thanos, he was scared of destroying like in the Age of Ultron and possibly destroying the planet by enraging into World Breaker Hulk and Hulk didn't want that to happen.

Avatar image for proteusxmanrxis
ProteusXManRxis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Results were effective. Hulk usually is dominant against whoever is pitted against him so it was nice to see someone give him a taste of his own medicine.

slentara1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

From after the movie premier. Ruffalo himself states Hulk is only afraid of Banner.

https://youtu.be/ZMDSe9D9f1c?t=4m13s

Bezza1969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Getting beat by Thanos was no surprise, it was expected, so that the film producers could demonstrate to the non comic book reading members of the audience how bad ass Thanos is. I get that and Hulk has never beaten Thanos in h2h, so its not issue. After all, prior to this movie, Hulk hadn't been ko'd by anyone and I don't count that Iron Hulk buster sucker punch in Avengers AOU, because Hulk was tearing up those suits before he calmed down and allowed himself to get suckered.

What sucked for me, was having Hulk side-lined for the whole movie. Whilst Iron Man, Thor, even Spiderman got to show off their upgrades and neat moves, we Hulk fans had to endure Banner fighting in a Hulk Buster suit, thanks to a Hulk who refused to show. Heck, even Captain America somehow got to survive longer against Thanos than Hulk did before being KO'd (how he wasn't killed by that punch, is beyond me...)

and it really is a bit rich for Thor fans to come on here and rub our noses in it, because if Thor had been side-lined for the movie, like Hulk was, we would never have heard the end of it. Thor fans moaned about the first two Thor movies enough, when in reality he had some good durability showings (beating the Destroyer, taking a massive wooping from Kursed with only a few scratches).

and I am sorry but to say that Hulk didn't come out because Banner was worried he would destroy the planet- there is no evidence to back up this theory. When in ANY MCU film, has Hulk ever got close to WWH or WBH Hulk levels? Sure he caused a bit of damage fighting Stark, but it was all low key for a Hulk fight.....

So MCU had better have an ace plan up their sleeves to explain this and some redemption in the Part 2 film because otherwise I am left to conclude that they just don't respect the Hulk.

jasonhitto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

SuperGoku17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Chichen_Nuggeg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@supergoku17:

Stop trolling, you didn't even need to ask him for those scans in the first place since google search could've shown you exactly just what he needed to show you. If anything, you're just actively goading him into getting angry and frustrated at you.

If you have nothing better to do than troll then just leave. Period.

HellionVulcan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

It was them setting a power level Thanos >>Thor>Hulk and it's been that way in the comics since forever so i see no issue with it on screen.

Mooty_Pass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By Mooty_Pass

Yeah, it's true Infinity War is the worst showing of Hulk....He got Punked by Thanos. LOL

Ragnarok didn't do any better for Hulk either.

Poor Hulk yay Thor.

slentara1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By slentara1

@hellionvulcan: It's not the Thanos fight. It's that the film left people thinking that Hulk was afraid of Thanos. Ruffalo, before and after the premier, has confirmed that the ONLY person Hulk is afraid of is Banner but by just watching IW that is not what the casual viewer is left to believe. Long-time fans know he's not scared of Thanos but we have to sit around and watch people ignorant of the character say Hulk justa coward and a bully that can't handle a stronger opponent, which is ridiculous. A better way they could've handled that arc was him coming out and seeing Iron Man fighting and saying something like "Metal man hate Hulk. Fight your own fight." and then jump away. That would've got the point across that it had nothing to do with Thanos but still removed Hulk from the conflict. It also would've stayed true to the charcter because Hulk has done similar things before. Shoot in the Infinity Gauntlet comics Hulk refused to fight "their fight" until they apologized for treating him the way they did.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/iK7NCVnDkAJYk13XMvCuCQpC-5r_vImPp-4n4r62CIKZtkeEUuWJLWg3vSqd37J08d8Aa0584tRQ=s1600

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/wFniXpsdoEIpSxTrHzIN3uZabxWObSh4th7M3mKBpmantNmdDB8t6o_lbMpSby1n5Ib_KjJ3pDVc=s1600

Avatar image for plotweapon16255
plotweapon16255

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes, considering that Thanos was no sell to hulk's punches & ironman made Thanos bleed.

slentara1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By slentara1
Psy4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By Psy4

Dudes relax. We should know damn well that Hulk's comeback in Avengers 4 is going to be spectacular. I'm happy to accept this rough patch now for reward later.

slentara1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@psy4: I hope they pull it off

DevilmayDare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94  Edited By DevilmayDare

@hellionvulcan said:

It was them setting a power level Thanos >>Thor>Hulk and it's been that way in the comics since forever so i see no issue with it on screen.

You must be naive if you think that's the problem people had with the movie and not the fact that Hulk appeared for a total of less then 1 min of screen time and he didn't even do anything except get used as a plot devide to show off Thanos. If Hulk came back later in the movie and literally did anything everyone would be fine, instead we had a two and a half hour movie with no Hulk in it.

Also Thor > Hulk in the comics is debatable, in fact ever since WWH i would say it's pretty much obvious its Hulk > Thor.

Chichen_Nuggeg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@supergoku17:
Do you have nothing better to say?

Literally the only thing you've done since this thread has started is troll.

SuperGoku17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

SuperGoku17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@supergoku17:

Do you have nothing better to say?

Literally the only thing you've done since this thread has started is troll.

Says the guy with less than 1k posts.

HellionVulcan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@hellionvulcan: It's not the Thanos fight. It's that the film left people thinking that Hulk was afraid of Thanos. Ruffalo, before and after the premier, has confirmed that the ONLY person Hulk is afraid of is Banner but by just watching IW that is not what the casual viewer is left to believe. Long-time fans know he's not scared of Thanos but we have to sit around and watch people ignorant of the character say Hulk justa coward and a bully that can't handle a stronger opponent, which is ridiculous. A better way they could've handled that arc was him coming out and seeing Iron Man fighting and saying something like "Metal man hate Hulk. Fight your own fight." and then jump away. That would've got the point across that it had nothing to do with Thanos but still removed Hulk from the conflict. It also would've stayed true to the charcter because Hulk has done similar things before. Shoot in the Infinity Gauntlet comics Hulk refused to fight "their fight" until they apologized for treating him the way they did.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/iK7NCVnDkAJYk13XMvCuCQpC-5r_vImPp-4n4r62CIKZtkeEUuWJLWg3vSqd37J08d8Aa0584tRQ=s1600

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/wFniXpsdoEIpSxTrHzIN3uZabxWObSh4th7M3mKBpmantNmdDB8t6o_lbMpSby1n5Ib_KjJ3pDVc=s1600

1 Why care what others may have thought ?, 2 the average movie goer doesn't read comics so they will never care about that side of the character no matter how he is portrayed.

Yes, considering that Thanos was no sell to hulk's punches & ironman made Thanos bleed.

There's a big difference between being punched and being paper-cut by a nano powered blade.

@hellionvulcan said:

You must be naive if you think that's the problem people had with the movie and not the fact that Hulk appeared for a total of less then 1 min of screen time and he didn't even do anything except get used as a plot devide to show off Thanos. If Hulk came back later in the movie and literally did anything everyone would be fine, instead we had a two and a half hour movie with no Hulk in it.

Also Thor > Hulk in the comics is debatable, in fact ever since WWH i would say it's pretty much obvious its Hulk > Thor.

Hulk's going to shine in the fourth film so why waste Hulk in a film where Thanos wins ?, I still think no matter what Captain Marvel is going to be superior to Hulk as well since Kevin Feige said she's the most powerful out of the Avengers.

So you want to use the most powerful version of Hulk against the normal version of Thor as Immortal Hulk hasn't performed at that level and he's said to be the most powerful version.

slentara1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hellionvulcan: Because the studio cares about what the people think. His popularity is going down. They aren't going to keep the Hulk around if the majority don't want to see him. If they can't repair the image that the majority now have of him they won't keep him around. It's bad business to keep shoe-horning in a character the majority no longer care to see. Whether that happens or not remains to be seen but studios, especially Marvel, pay attention to the viewers. Even if they had future plans for Hulk they will change them because they aren't going to take chances with their money. I could be wrong but I don't want to see Hulk's run end so soon. It may be unfounded but that's my concern.

DevilmayDare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100  Edited By DevilmayDare

@hellionvulcan:

Hulk's going to shine in the fourth film so why waste Hulk in a film where Thanos wins ?, I still think no matter what Captain Marvel is going to be superior to Hulk as well since Kevin Feige said she's the most powerful out of the Avengers.

So you want to use the most powerful version of Hulk against the normal version of Thor as Immortal Hulk hasn't performed at that level and he's said to be the most powerful version.

How is it a waste to have him do anything? LOL. Was Thor a waste in this movie? Was Tony a waste in this movie? Was Strange a waste? You make no sense. His limited screen time is the problem and having him more on screen would not be a waste of the character it would be the very opposite, what they did with him was an actual waste of the character.. Captain Marvel is gonna be superior to everyone, Feige already said that and i can't wait for that cause i wanna have fun with MCU/DCEU fanboys when that comes and they start panicking that Thor and Superman can probably get one-shot by her, however i don't see how that matters to what i said though?

No, i said after the WWH, that includes all other versions(well except Doc Green since he had troubles getting angry) because of the post-core breach amp. What? Where was it said that Immortal Hulk is the most powerful version? He is around Green Scar/WWH level but i doubt he is more powerful, certainly not more powerful than WBH. Although Immortal Hulk by himself is enough tbh, he already embarrassed a bunch of high tiers and mid-tiers without breaking a sweat, including a Thor that is every bit as equal to Odinson if not outright superior to him.