#251 Posted by kgb725 (19195 posts) - - Show Bio

@illuminated: Technically it's not new but he's never used it against someone else actively

#252 Posted by theacidskull (22012 posts) - - Show Bio

And the Hulk forum breathes a collective sigh of relief.

Amen.

#253 Posted by theacidskull (22012 posts) - - Show Bio

Hulk's sarcastic comment about being mindless is by far the best piece of writing we've had for the character since the Pak era.

And no, not the Cho/Pak era.

#254 Edited by Battle123axe (9034 posts) - - Show Bio
#255 Posted by LDM (5362 posts) - - Show Bio

Holy s**t

Avatar image for medulaoblaganda
#256 Posted by medulaoblaganda (2358 posts) - - Show Bio

wow!! the hulk is truly terrifying. dark. i have feeling that the hulk is being controlled by grandmaster. that's just my opinion. i hope Bruce banner will be in control.

#257 Posted by phillip33 (4252 posts) - - Show Bio

Very badass

Avatar image for theincrediblesuperhulk8642
#258 Posted by TheIncredibleSuperHulk8642 (4579 posts) - - Show Bio

Wonder Man is a powerhouse all by his lonesome and with the way Vision has been written since Age of Ultron (the movie) was released he seems to be regarded as a top tier as well (within the marvel u) but yes now Herc and Jane are on the way just missing Amadeus from the Champions (logically wouldn’t they want to get Amadeus and/or Thor to help the battle)

Otherwise this preview is awesome and Waid, Zub and Ewing are really doing the Hulk justice

#259 Edited by Illuminated (742 posts) - - Show Bio

@medulaoblaganda said:

wow!! the hulk is truly terrifying. dark. i have feeling that the hulk is being controlled by grandmaster. that's just my opinion. i hope Bruce banner will be in control.

Grandmaster is not controlling the Hulk, they are not even on the same team.

@battle123axe BTW you keep tagging the wrong @morpheus_: all this time lol. I just kinda wanted to let you know.

#260 Posted by Illuminated (742 posts) - - Show Bio

Anyway, YES. YES!!! Teach them a lesson Hulk. Never stop making them pay.

#261 Posted by Battle123axe (9034 posts) - - Show Bio
@medulaoblaganda said:

Grandmaster is not controlling the Hulk, they are not even on the same team.

@battle123axeBTW you keep tagging the wrong @morpheus_: all this time lol. I just kinda wanted to let you know.

oooooohh. crap. Thanks

#262 Posted by Nomar (1770 posts) - - Show Bio

I can finally emerge from the shadows. Hulk is being treated well.

#263 Posted by Thedailybagel (12891 posts) - - Show Bio

*prays that Wonder Man isn't the big fight*

#264 Posted by Morpheus_ (34487 posts) - - Show Bio

@illuminated: @battle123axe: Thanks guys. I do keep an eye on the thread but notifications don't work for me in general.

I was curious if Simon would fight the Hulk, but it seems like he won't be given much of a choice. Wonder Man is all over the place so I can't truly rate him but the "you can't hurt me" line likely suggests he'll be written able to give the Hulk a fight before going down. We'll soon see.

#265 Posted by TheIncredibleSuperHulk8642 (4579 posts) - - Show Bio

@thedailybagel: Wonder Man has the potential to be pretty op. He just lacks the consistency and exposure.

#266 Posted by Battle123axe (9034 posts) - - Show Bio

@illuminated: @battle123axe: Thanks guys. I do keep an eye on the thread but notifications don't work for me in general.

I was curious if Simon would fight the Hulk, but it seems like he won't be given much of a choice. Wonder Man is all over the place so I can't truly rate him but the "you can't hurt me" line likely suggests he'll be written able to give the Hulk a fight before going down. We'll soon see.

yup

#267 Edited by Illuminated (742 posts) - - Show Bio

@morpheus_: No problem man I was thinking more like WM was trying to BS Hulk there, like saying attacking him is pointless so he should give it up. Cause regardless of what WM said, one punch from Hulk drew blood from him and put him on his ass, that definitely hurt him.

It's possible that WM is gonna be the big fight, but i doubt it. In fact while it's possible i am interpreting it wrong i think Hulk is about to get attacked from behind here

No Caption Provided

i am hoping that flash of light behind him is Thors lightning, signaling that the rest of the Avengers have arrived, but we will see.

#268 Edited by Nomar (1770 posts) - - Show Bio

@morpheus_ said:

Well it's always kinda irked me when pure energy beings get hurt in physical fights, so maybe they'll do Wonder Man some justice as well. Like when Iceman gets knocked out, I don't understand how it happens. If we give Hulk his more classic "exotic" (if you can even attribute that word to Hulk) abilities then he can grasp and destroy energy as well.

#269 Posted by Illuminated (742 posts) - - Show Bio

@nomar said:
@morpheus_ said:

Well it's always kinda irked me when pure energy beings get hurt in physical fights, so maybe they'll do Wonder Man some justice as well. Like when Iceman gets knocked out, I don't understand how it happens. If we give Hulk his more classic "exotic" (if you can even attribute that word to Hulk) abilities then he can grasp and destroy energy as well.

That's probably cause technically speaking, Hulk is also a being made of energy, in this case gamma radiation. I mean yea he is a physical being with muscles and all but that all comes from gamma, but as you say i do remember a few feats in his classical days(and some in modern) where he could straight up grab pure energy, to the point where even the narration and other characters were confused.

#270 Edited by IAmTheLaw (828 posts) - - Show Bio

This thread is coming alive. It's been too long, friends.

That attitude from Hulk was everything I've wanted. He's the smartest, strongest, and angriest in the room. In only a couple sentences, Hulk took control of the conversation. Wonder Man isn't going to talk his way out of this one.

#271 Posted by Thedailybagel (12891 posts) - - Show Bio

@theincrediblesuperhulk8642: yeah I haven’t seen him recently but especially in modern times he seems to have gotten a big power boost. Even still I wouldn’t like if he can give Hulk a good fight on his own, which honestly I’m still 50/50 on whether he will or won’t.

#272 Posted by Lvenger (36338 posts) - - Show Bio

Never seen the Hulk written so terrifyingly in some time. If this is the standard for Hulk going forward, I might honestly be interested in this portrayal. A more steely, cold Hulk who can still smash the crap out of everyone is a pretty interesting depiction and it's cool this Hulk is more verbose.

#273 Posted by TDK_1997 (18731 posts) - - Show Bio

It seems like the last few issues have been mainly written by Al Ewing. If he actually keeps the pace like that, the characterization like that and keeps Hulk the same menace he is at the moment, I would be more than interested to see his portrayal of the Hulk in The Immortal Hulk.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ae4a3e17c71e
#274 Posted by deactivated-5ae4a3e17c71e (732 posts) - - Show Bio

So the hulk is back to being angry and punching the goods guys.... Hmmm... 😐

#275 Posted by TheIncredibleSuperHulk8642 (4579 posts) - - Show Bio

@theincrediblesuperhulk8642: yeah I haven’t seen him recently but especially in modern times he seems to have gotten a big power boost. Even still I wouldn’t like if he can give Hulk a good fight on his own, which honestly I’m still 50/50 on whether he will or won’t.

Tbh I would like him to give Hulk a solid fight solo because it's something Wonder Man has deserved for a long time. Should he beat him or gain any kind of upper hand? Hell no but I would like to see him holding his own and showing what he's capable of. He was essentially created by Lee to be a Superman lite character (the first of many that would grace Marvel's catalogue of heroes) so it'd be nice to see him respected in that capacity IMO. Not to be on Hulks tier no the only ones who should be are Thor, Strange and Sentry but to be more along the lines of a Hercules or Glads, Blue Marvel, etc where they can give him a solid tussle before they go down.

#276 Edited by theacidskull (22012 posts) - - Show Bio

@lvenger said:

Never seen the Hulk written so terrifyingly in some time. If this is the standard for Hulk going forward, I might honestly be interested in this portrayal. A more steely, cold Hulk who can still smash the crap out of everyone is a pretty interesting depiction and it's cool this Hulk is more verbose.

Oh man I know what you mean. We've seen eruptions before, but this one seems so much more calculated and cold. I love it! It's finally good to be a Hulk fan again!

#277 Posted by Bezza1969 (202 posts) - - Show Bio

..and he's back...!!

Just been wading my way though Avengers 684 and 685 again and again and like many savouring the return of a proper Hulk...it seems sooooo long since we last had something like this.

Reminds me of Incredible Hulk #300 in many ways although in that Avengers v Hulk story, the Hulk only slammed Vision into the ground..... this time, one shot and he's dead...that's actually pretty scary when you think about it...

As a long time reader back in the day of 80s comics, when Wonder Man was one of my favourites, I am glad to see him back and look forward to what he does v the Hulk in 686.....

#278 Edited by Yassassin (7701 posts) - - Show Bio

So is this an offshoot of his last incarnation: Doc Green? The diction seems pretty similar, anyway I hope Bruce still has a place in this. I feel like he's been put on more and more of a back burner after Indestructible Hulk sorta fizzled out. All said, I'm definitely interested.

#279 Posted by Thedailybagel (12891 posts) - - Show Bio

Well Hulk is op

#280 Posted by Battle123axe (9034 posts) - - Show Bio
#281 Edited by Battle123axe (9034 posts) - - Show Bio

This Week in Smash

No Caption Provided

hulk and Simon are having a nice little discussion

The Hulk is one cunning bastard.
The Hulk is one cunning bastard.

so hercules and jane come and surprise attack him

Herc actually hurts his hand lol
Herc actually hurts his hand lol

rogue joins in, but Hulk swats them like flies

No Caption Provided

So rogue tries to do her thing.... and fails

No Caption Provided

and so jane and thor try holding him back, while a hulked out rogue recovers

No Caption Provided

and he flexes them off

No Caption Provided

and he absolutely backhands voyager....

No Caption Provided

the hulk is an absolute badass

No Caption Provided

@thedailybagel@illuminated@theacidskull@kgb725@lvenger@theincrediblesuperhulk8642@medulaoblaganda@ghostravage@greenscar1990@supremegeneration@bezza1969@nomar@iamthelaw@morpheus_

#282 Posted by Battle123axe (9034 posts) - - Show Bio
#283 Posted by BruceRogers (17436 posts) - - Show Bio
#284 Posted by TheOriginalOne (4050 posts) - - Show Bio
#285 Edited by Battle123axe (9034 posts) - - Show Bio
#286 Posted by Illuminated (742 posts) - - Show Bio

Hahahahaha. Oh man i missed the Hulk, did you guys miss the Hulk? It's been so long, welcome back buddy.

Also some of my predictions were true, some were not. For instance it turns out Hulk really is the good guy in the end, he is doing all this to save the Earth, because he literally did something that should be impossible. Everyone that has touched one of the pyramoids so far has been crystallized, but nah Hulk just grabs one and smashes it to pieces.

Time for Hulk to smash the Elders next.

#287 Posted by Battle123axe (9034 posts) - - Show Bio

Hahahahaha. Oh man i missed the Hulk, did you guys miss the Hulk? It's been so long, welcome back buddy.

Also some of my predictions were true, some were not. For instance it turns out Hulk really is the good guy in the end, he is doing all this to save the Earth, because he literally did something that should be impossible. Everyone that has touched one of the pyramoids so far has been crystallized, but nah Hulk just grabs one and smashes it to pieces.

eeh, he's not really the good guy here, i mean sure he made the decision and was the only one to actually save the earth, but it looked like wonder man helped change his mind a bit, as his plan was different beforehand. if anything, he's a bit of an anti-hero here, because let's be honest, you know that he wanted to get revenge and beat the shit out of the heroes

#288 Posted by Illuminated (742 posts) - - Show Bio

@illuminated said:

eeh, he's not really the good guy here, i mean sure he made the decision and was the only one to actually save the earth, but it looked like wonder man helped change his mind a bit, as his plan was different beforehand. if anything, he's a bit of an anti-hero here, because let's be honest, you know that he wanted to get revenge and beat the shit out of the heroes

Yea, yea. I didn't mean he was a innocent angel, he was obviously hurting people and doing some serious damage, but yea in the end he was thinking of the end justifies the means, so yea more of an anti-hero.

#289 Edited by TheOriginalOne (4050 posts) - - Show Bio

@battle123axe: TBH, hulk has always been an anti-hero and that is one of his best qualities.

That is one of the reason why chulk was hated, even though some of his stories are really good.

And I am fully caught up with chulk and even though I don't like his dark hulk, he is pretty bad ass.

And what I hated most was what cho did in the fight with Thor. I was shouting - let him take control bitch - while reading.

#290 Posted by GhostRavage (14944 posts) - - Show Bio
#291 Posted by Thedailybagel (12891 posts) - - Show Bio

@battle123axe: @illuminated: Even disregarding Hulk being a beast, he’s being written really, really well. You think it’s Al doing most of his lines or a mix of the three writers?

#292 Posted by medulaoblaganda (2358 posts) - - Show Bio

Man, hulk is terrifying and he is not joking around.

#293 Posted by Illuminated (742 posts) - - Show Bio

@thedailybagel: Yea i was gonna say that, he appears extremely badass. It's possible it's a mixture of all 3, but i think they let Al do the most he seems very adamant on writing his own Hulk and made it clear in an interview that he doesn't want the Hulk to appear in other comics.

So yea he seems very protective of the type of Hulk he is writing so i am pretty sure he either wrote the whole thing concerning Hulk.

#294 Edited by medulaoblaganda (2358 posts) - - Show Bio

@illuminated: so basically, hulk will be doing is own thing. but he also say that the hulk will eventually feature in other comics. right?

#295 Posted by Lvenger (36338 posts) - - Show Bio

I think Ewing is mostly responsible for Hulk’s dialogue and portrayal. Zub doesn’t strike me as the one responsible and we all know how Waid treated Hulk. Those scans look seriously cool, Hulk as a force of nature again is awesome.

#296 Posted by Illuminated (742 posts) - - Show Bio

@medulaoblaganda: Eventually yes, but in the beginning he will mostly be away from rest of the Marvel universe.

#297 Posted by Nomar (1770 posts) - - Show Bio

That was everything I hoped it would be.

#298 Posted by medulaoblaganda (2358 posts) - - Show Bio

@illuminated: is it me or does that idea reminds me of swamp thing? i guess i might be wrong.

#299 Posted by theacidskull (22012 posts) - - Show Bio

@nomar said:

That was everything I hoped it would be.

Same! Hulk just walked through Hercules, She-Thor, Wonder man and had so much power rouge couldn't even handle a small chunk of it.

And in the end he still did the right thing. Epic.

#300 Posted by Illuminated (742 posts) - - Show Bio

@battle123axe: @thedailybagel:

I noticed something, battle you said Hulk got briefly depowered by Rogue at first, which is actually not true. Rogue couldn't depower him at all, she only looked inside Hulks mind and saw Banner talking to her, in reality she couldn't even handle a little bit of Hulks power

No Caption Provided

take a better look at the scan.