#201 Posted by Battle123axe (8849 posts) - - Show Bio

@kgb725 said:
@battle123axe said:
@thedailybagel said:
@battle123axe said:
@thedailybagel said:

@lvenger: @battle123axe: They handled Hulk coming back pretty well in the feats department, it looks like he’s gonna tear through Jane and Hercules as well....

yeah, once i saw pod apparently staggering him, i thought that this was gonna be disappointing feats-wise, but the next couple pages proved me wrong

Was just reading U.S. Avengers and I think we have a pretty good indication of what's going to happen to Red Hulk...

No Caption Provided

hehehehehehe.....

The hulk is coming for everybody this March

No Caption Provided

We haven't even gotten world war hulk 2 with cho yet which I believe comes out this month

next week, in fact, which was what i was referencing

#202 Posted by Lvenger (36267 posts) - - Show Bio

@thedailybagel: Well we don't know if he'll fight Jane or Hercules yet but if he defeats both of them at the same time, the battle boards are gonna be lit. Also, there's a pretty good TP resistance feat where that Rigellian telepath, who previously compared Xavier's telepathic abilities to an average Rigellian, screamed after he tried reading Hulk's mind. Much better than Waid having Hulk controlled by a telepath who Captain America was able to resist.

#204 Posted by Battle123axe (8849 posts) - - Show Bio

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

https://www.cbr.com/avengers-no-surrender-waid-ewing-zub-hulk-return-voyager-identity/

Al Ewing: This is something that’s been brewing for a while – the last time I was in the Marvel “writer’s room,” way back at the start of last year, we were talking about the Hulk. and I pitched the idea that he was resurrecting so often because that’s just what he does. Like, we don’t need a MacGuffin or magic or Hydra science every time – he just comes back. That’s what he does. That’s what he is. I don’t think it went anywhere at the time, but when I sat down on my own and really thought it through, that led very naturally into the idea that when the gamma bomb went off, Bruce died… and then he came back. T

I had to go through a pitching process to get the Hulk book, but once I did and I had the basic ideas locked in place, I was doing my usual thing — I did it with Iron Man for Fatal Frontier — trawling through the very earliest appearances to get a handle on the primal vibe of the character, and also absorbing any weird synchronicities that came my way. I heard the old Frankie Vaughn song “Green Door” on the radio, and that kind of wormed its way into things. “Green door, what’s that secret you’re keeping?” There’s a whole thing with the Green Door that’s going to bubble up through the early issues of the book, and end up introducing a new, terrifying enemy for the Hulk, and for the Marvel Multiverse. You’ll have to wait for the July solicits for the first mention of that one…

Ewing: Hulk was locked in by the end of the first sit-down meeting, the day after that “writer’s room” I mentioned. He was definitely on his way back, and we kind of claimed that beat for our own, because we knew it would grab hold of people at the halfway point. And that was very early on – so almost right from the start, we were building a couple of big action scenarios around the return of the Banner Hulk, and you’ll be seeing those play out in month three. Essentially, we had the idea of a whole squad of Avengers against the Hulk, and at first that was going to be all the heavy hitters – which would have been exciting, but would also have had the scent of pro-wrestling to it. Like, if we know the Hulk’s going to beat the hell out of everyone – and we do know that, he’s the Strongest One There Is – it’s much more interesting to pit him against the weak and the wounded, back at HQ. It turns it from an exhibition match into a desperate last stand. (And it is going to be the last stand for a couple of Avengers. There are casualties. You’ve been warned.)

Ewing: It feels like something new, in that I’m not consciously doing anyone else’s Hulk. When I wrote the Maestro for Contest Of Champions, it was very much Peter David’s Maestro – lots of quips, lots of wordplay. But if I’m channeling anything for this Hulk, it’s those very first issues, when he was new and strange and unknown and very much a horror character. I’m kind of opening myself up to all that weird, old, dreamlike stuff and letting it drive the bus a little bit. And one thing that stands out is that everyone was really scared of the Hulk in the very early days, in a way they haven’t been since – they were afraid of what he might do, because they had no idea what he could or would do.

That’s our Hulk. He’s a terrifying mystery – and I’m going to hold off on revealing any of that mystery here. The next three or four issues of Avengers will answer all your questions.

Ewing: I’m going to jump in and sing Paco’s praises here, as this might be the last time we work together for a little while. He’s a rock – classic and modern at the same time, with energy to spare. I honestly can’t think of anyone better to do the kind of off-beat, fun, wild and crazy cape-comix madness we’ve been getting up to together for the last few years. I know I can throw pretty much anything at him and he’ll make it sing, which gives me the confidence to get really bizarre on occasion. Hulk’s fight with [REDACTED] in issue #686, for example, is one for the ages. And of course, we’ve had inker extraordinaire Juan Vlasco making it all crisp, sharp and electric – those two are the perfect artistic team, and I’m glad they let me hang around for a while.

@thedailybagel@illuminated@morpheus__@theacidskull@kgb725@lvenger@theincrediblesuperhulk8642@medulaoblaganda@ghostravage@greenscar1990@supremegeneration

#205 Edited by Thedailybagel (12625 posts) - - Show Bio

@battle123axe: That interview and the solicits actually brought my hopes down quite a bit when factoring in solicits because I’m pretty sure Hulk is going to be having a tough time with... Wonder Man, whilst the heavy hitters deal with the black order.

I kinda wanna tweet Al something like “can’t wait to see Herc and Hulk throw down!” Just to probe his response and see if Hulk is gonna fight him and Jane.

#206 Posted by Battle123axe (8849 posts) - - Show Bio

@battle123axe: That interview and the solicits actually brought my hopes down quite a bit when factoring in solicits because I’m pretty sure Hulk is going to be having a tough time with... Wonder Man, whilst the heavy hitters deal with the black order.

I kinda wanna tweet Al something like “can’t wait to see Herc and Hulk throw down!” Just to probe his response and see if Hulk is gonna fight him and Jane.

that's fair enough, but I think that it may not be so, my impression is from the way they've been portraying him, he's a classic juggernaut type of "unstoppable" character, a force of nature if you will. they did say that if he went up against the heavy hitters, he would rip through them. Anyways, to be fair, a "fight" could be like the preview I posted earlier; a beatdown with intermittent counterattacks of all their power that don't really do anything but give them an extra panel of breathing room.

Hmmm, that sounds like a good idea, asking Al. I'd say go for it.

#207 Posted by Latino_Heat (15 posts) - - Show Bio

So the Hulk can revive himself now? That's really cool

#208 Edited by Illuminated (742 posts) - - Show Bio

@thedailybagel: I am pretty sure Hulk is fighting all the Avengers, Wonderman is a pacifist now so he isn't doing much fighting and if Rulk in IronMan suit is getting destroyed i don't see what Wonderman is gonna do. Al even says Hulk can beat all the Avengers, he literally just said it in the interview there so it would be bizzare if WM was the one to give him a fight, i think WM is gonna try to reason with him because i read a few issues back and he seems to try and talk to the villains.

What i think is gonna happen in issue 686 as Al says is a fight for the ages, i think Hulk is gonna end up fighting Rogue whose absorbed the powers of all Avengers, it's my guess but we will see.

He also said this is going to be the last stand for 2 Avengers, i am guessing one is Rulk but we don't know who the other is gonna be, so yea we are yet to see the full rampage, the purple haired chick has already called all the Avengers to come back to HQ.

#209 Posted by Thedailybagel (12625 posts) - - Show Bio

@illuminated: hulk vs rogue with all the powers would be awesome

#210 Posted by Battle123axe (8849 posts) - - Show Bio

Avengers #685 preview:

Notice how, Jane, Herc and Rogue are missing here.... hmmm
Notice how, Jane, Herc and Rogue are missing here.... hmmm
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Weapon H #1 preview

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Incredible hulk #714 preview:

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

#212 Posted by phillip33 (3635 posts) - - Show Bio

Give me weapon h vs banner already

#213 Posted by Thedailybagel (12625 posts) - - Show Bio
Avatar image for medulaoblaganda
#214 Posted by medulaoblaganda (2143 posts) - - Show Bio

wow!! this is lit

#215 Posted by Illuminated (742 posts) - - Show Bio

Don't care about Cho(though i will say that doing WWH 2 is crap and kinda does more bad than good for the original WWH) or weapon H(i mean i literally don't even know who weapon H is or what his story is other than it's another knock-off Hulk), but i am very much looking forward to next weeks Avengers.

#216 Posted by Battle123axe (8849 posts) - - Show Bio
#217 Posted by IAmTheLaw (754 posts) - - Show Bio
#218 Posted by medulaoblaganda (2143 posts) - - Show Bio
#219 Posted by Battle123axe (8849 posts) - - Show Bio

different Incredible Hulk #714 preview from CBR

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

#220 Edited by Battle123axe (8849 posts) - - Show Bio

@medulaoblaganda: the first I got from newsarama, the second from CBR, the third from thirteenth dimension, and i got the different preview of the third from CBR.

Just type in [Comic book name (#)] Preview

#221 Edited by Lvenger (36267 posts) - - Show Bio

I hate to be a debbie downer but that part of the Avengers preview where it says all the powerhouse heroes are in the field makes me think Hulk will just be fighting the second stringers, Z listers and SJW Marvel diversity fill ins. I do hope Hulk fights someone more in his league, I really do.

#222 Posted by BruceRogers (17075 posts) - - Show Bio

@lvenger: Lel. Well on the bright side, seeing him pound the crap out of SJW fill ins will be fun to watch.

#223 Posted by kgb725 (18095 posts) - - Show Bio

@lvenger: There's no one for him to fight. Juggernaut and Thor have been done plenty of times unless we're getting a new Hercules fight I don't see too many obstacles for him since sentry is still gone and most of the powerful guys in space aren't on Earth right now

#224 Posted by Illuminated (742 posts) - - Show Bio

@lvenger: Have you noticed how they are working up the ladder? He first fights the guys at HQ, then it looks like he will be fighting the field team that don't really have any heavy hitters(well except WM but he is a pacifist now for some reason) and finally he works up the final step which is in issue 686 where Al says he has a massive fight with someone and my guess is, it's probably Rogue whose absorbed the powers of everyone else and i think she might be the second casualty, first being Rulk. I kinda skimmed through this Avengers story to be honest, it's not good and i didn't care for the parts that didn't involve Hulk but she appears to be the leader now and is making some very hard decisions that she is regretting so she might be going for a sacrifice last stand against Hulk, i dunno i just get that kind of vibe from it.

We will see how my prediction plays out.

#225 Posted by Thedailybagel (12625 posts) - - Show Bio
#226 Posted by TheInfamousGod (85 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm actually wondering how Cho is gonna react to Banner being alive again and what will happen between them.

#227 Posted by Thedailybagel (12625 posts) - - Show Bio

Well Avengers was decent.

Pak’s was borderline false marketing

#228 Posted by TheInfamousGod (85 posts) - - Show Bio
#229 Posted by Battle123axe (8849 posts) - - Show Bio

Well Avengers was decent.

Pak’s was borderline false marketing

to be fair, this was more or less a prelude to the actual WWH2 event. It didn't really promise too much, and I think that it delivered quite well, and made it obvious that the next couple of issues are gonna be all smash, and to be honest, It would be hard to fit all that into the issue anyway. I thought it delivered and set up quite well for some awesome smashing next issue. Plus, I'm gonna enjoy scooping feats outta this for our CAV

#230 Edited by Battle123axe (8849 posts) - - Show Bio

This Week In Smash

alright, so the next issues of Incredible hulk are gonna be full of smashing:

here

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2Gallery image 3

in avengers, the immortal hulk is back to ripping through everybody, however, i think wonder man is gonna talk to him instead of immediately fighting. He should still get ripped apart, but I swear If he doesn't fight Herc and jane...

vision does put up more of a fight than I expected...

but hulk still comes out on top.

Wonder Man's talking skills better be on point next week... or he's also gonna get wrecked

We also have avengers: back to basics, where Hulk also did well (and temp kills Fenris)...

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2Gallery image 3Gallery image 4

although fenris comes back, and proves to be an opponent that can take out both of them. There's probably a good argument about who did better between the two, but It was a good showing nonetheless.

Weapon H was less smashing and more story, and it wasn't half bad. Check it out.

It does tease as to what'll happen next

@thedailybagel@illuminated@morpheus__@theacidskull@kgb725@lvenger@theincrediblesuperhulk8642@medulaoblaganda@ghostravage@greenscar1990@supremegeneration

#231 Posted by medulaoblaganda (2143 posts) - - Show Bio
#232 Posted by Battle123axe (8849 posts) - - Show Bio
#233 Posted by medulaoblaganda (2143 posts) - - Show Bio
#234 Edited by Illuminated (742 posts) - - Show Bio

Important but contains spoilers, read the issue first then come back.

So is it me or did Hulk just gain a new ability? He can apparently now drain energies from living beings by placing his hand on them.

No Caption Provided

I say that because we see the general basically asking "what are you(doing)", we his wrist device say "Warning gamma energy drain" and then we see gamma all around Hulk. I mean we know Hulk can absorb gamma, but to willingly drain if from other beings through his hand, that's not a power his ever had.

Anyway decent issue, Rulk got stomped with 3 blows while basically doing no damage to Hulk and got his hand broken, Vision also had no effect on Hulk and got his forehead torn, also the Voyager says the Hulks attack feel worse than a planet whose in a perpetual state of having violent earthquakes.

Also Hulk spoke sarcastically, which implies high(at least normal human) intelligence, don't overlook this part, it means that Hulk is not either mindless or childlike, whatever the reason is for him doing this, he is doing it consciously. Also i could be wrong but i think Hulk technically saved Mavericks life? He took his ability to transform which is what was also killing him.

Now as for my prediction, i still think Hulk is gonna fight Rogue with Avengers powers and from there he will either fight Challenger or Grandmaster, this is the vibe i get from the solicits.

#235 Posted by Illuminated (742 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh and i gotta say the Cho Hulk issue was utter garbage. I can't Pak is the one actually writing this, he already ruined Planet Hulk, now is ruining WWH. While he has yet to be as disrespectful of power levels as say someone like Aaron, he is totally phoning in the story.

#236 Posted by Battle123axe (8849 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh and i gotta say the Cho Hulk issue was utter garbage. I can't Pak is the one actually writing this, he already ruined Planet Hulk, now is ruining WWH. While he has yet to be as disrespectful of power levels as say someone like Aaron, he is totally phoning in the story.

was it really that bad? While yes.I do see the aggravation that many have with a rehash of an event, it was much better than it could have been and actually built its own story differently than the previous version.

#237 Edited by Thedailybagel (12625 posts) - - Show Bio

@illuminated said:

So is it me or did Hulk just gain a new ability? He can apparently now drain energies from living beings by placing his hand on them.

No Caption Provided

I say that because we see the general basically asking "what are you(doing)", we his wrist device say "Warning gamma energy drain" and then we see gamma all around Hulk. I mean we know Hulk can absorb gamma, but to willingly drain if from other beings through his hand, that's not a power his ever had.

Anyway decent issue, Rulk got stomped with 3 blows while basically doing no damage to Hulk and got his hand broken, Vision also had no effect on Hulk and got his forehead torn, also the Voyager says the Hulks attack feel worse than a planet whose in a perpetual state of having violent earthquakes.

Now as for my prediction, i still think Hulk is gonna fight Rogue with Avengers powers and from there he will either fight Challenger or Grandmaster, this is the vibe i get from the solicits.

I also noticed two things that I liked, one story based, one for feats:

Story:

I love that Hulk isn't actually in a mindless rage, he's sentient and knows exactly what he's doing judging by what he said to Vision.

Feats:

Literally no one has hurt him yet, at all. He's totally no sold everything thrown at him including Vision putting his hand in his brain, no one has even drawn blood by punching him yet.

I also really hope he fights the high tiers or Rogue with the Avenger's powers, seeing as two people still need to die, although I'm worried that Wonder Man will be the 'epic' fight... Also...

I think they used Pod as one of those deaths... Which is kinda crappy seeing as Pod is hardly even a character.

@illuminated said:

I also agree with this, I actually spent money on this issue and it was a complete waste of time. The way they marketed it and how Pak wrote 'Dark Hulk' made me think he'd drop down and just start wrecking shit, or that people would notice that something is off because Dark Chulk acted very differently. He's currently just a more brutal version of Amadeus, still annoying and talks the same.

Complete disappointment.

#238 Posted by Illuminated (742 posts) - - Show Bio

@thedailybagel

@illuminated said:

was it really that bad? While yes.I do see the aggravation that many have with a rehash of an event, it was much better than it could have been and actually built its own story differently than the previous version.

I think the opposite, it was honestly worse than i imagined. Not only is Dark Hulk annoying and insufferable, he also talks and acts as much as Amadeus. And yes i get that Pak is trying to tell us that Hulk is really Amadeus and Amadeus is really Hulk, he did that with Banner and Hulk at the end of HOTM. But oh man did it DESTROY and kind of suspense and potential badassery of the Hulk. I mean he yammers so much he is not one bit intimidating or scary. I can't believe Waid, Ewing and Zub managed to do something with Banner Hulk that Pak(a guy whose expert on Hulk) failed to. And that is actually portray Hulk as scary.

It was a complete waste. I honestly don't even wanna talk about Amadeus anymore i wish he would just cease to exist right this moment if possible and erase all the Hulk comics he had.

#239 Edited by Illuminated (742 posts) - - Show Bio

@thedailybagel said:
@illuminated said:

No Caption Provided

I also noticed two things that I liked, one story based, one for feats:

Story:

I love that Hulk isn't actually in a mindless rage, he's sentient and knows exactly what he's doing judging by what he said to Vision.

Feats:

Literally no one has hurt him yet, at all. He's totally no sold everything thrown at him including Vision putting his hand in his brain, no one has even drawn blood by punching him yet.

I also really hope he fights the high tiers or Rogue with the Avenger's powers, seeing as two people still need to die, although I'm worried that Wonder Man will be the 'epic' fight... Also...

I think they used Pod as one of those deaths... Which is kinda crappy seeing as Pod is hardly even a character.

@illuminated said:

I also agree with this, I actually spent money on this issue and it was a complete waste of time. The way they marketed it and how Pak wrote 'Dark Hulk' made me think he'd drop down and just start wrecking shit, or that people would notice that something is off because Dark Chulk acted very differently. He's currently just a more brutal version of Amadeus, still annoying and talks the same.

Complete disappointment.

Yea like i mentioned this not a dumb Hulk, he is doing all of this of his own free will, i wonder what the Challenger promised him in return. Cause it seems like they struck some sort of a deal.

Yea he has also been going up the ladder, first he fought a bunch of mid-tiers and no-sold and stomped them, now he fought 2 low level powerhouses(Rulk, Vision)and also no sold and stomped them, next up is solid powerhouses, so let's see how that goes. Don't worry i guarantee you that WM 100% wont be the epic fight that Ewing was talking about. I mean Simon is honestly on that Rulk level, so i can't imagine him giving Hulk the epic fight that Al promised, besides it seems like all he wants to do is talk since like i mentioned before for some reason he is a pacifist now.

Also what do you think about Hulk draining Rulk? Did he seriously just drain him of gamma energy, SS style or even old Rulk style?

#240 Posted by Lvenger (36267 posts) - - Show Bio

@battle123axe: Nice to see Hulk steamrolling his way through the Avengers. And gamma draining the new Red Hulk was an interesting moment.

#241 Edited by Illuminated (742 posts) - - Show Bio

Honestly the more i look at some comics today like Chulk, Thanos, Strange,Thor and over at DC it's even worse with Superman having so many random low showings and WW almost dying to a bullet, 3 Flashes getting 1-shot by a street level character. The more i realize how currently we are very lucky with Hulk, I mean we had to go through a lot but currently Hulk is doing amazingly. The writers are respecting his power level, seemingly even adding on to it and it looks like the characterization is going in the right direction.

Let's hope it stays like that.

#242 Posted by Battle123axe (8849 posts) - - Show Bio

@lvenger said:

@battle123axe: Nice to see Hulk steamrolling his way through the Avengers. And gamma draining the new Red Hulk was an interesting moment.

yup

#243 Posted by Battle123axe (8849 posts) - - Show Bio

@thedailybagel: @illuminated: Fair enough on the chulk thing.

Also, it seems like hulk's draining is being focused on quite a bit these days, with cho eating a nuke and hulk eating red hulk lol. It felt kinda random for both instances but it's a cool new power for him to use,hopefully he starts using it more often.

Also, I legit chuckled reading avengers 685. on my 1st read, i though what hulk said to vision was badass (it's interesting that it took vision phasing through him to make him show pain, nothing before that. also, it seems like he does better against energy attacks than physical, not much better as both don't hurt him, but physical attacks knock him around more. Also, him ducking vision's eyeblasts was cool and unexpected), but I legit chuckled when vision referred to it as a "mindless rage", stuck his hand into his brain, only for hulk to crunch his head and walk away muttering "mindless", that's some dark ironic humor there.

#244 Posted by Thedailybagel (12625 posts) - - Show Bio

@illuminated:

Yea like i mentioned this not a dumb Hulk, he is doing all of this of his own free will, i wonder what the Challenger promised him in return. Cause it seems like they struck some sort of a deal.

Pretty sure the only deal struck was pretty much "I get the pyramoid, you get to beat the shit out of the people that betrayed you."

Yea he has also been going up the ladder, first he fought a bunch of mid-tiers and no-sold and stomped them, now he fought 2 low level powerhouses(Rulk, Vision)and also no sold and stomped them, next up is solid powerhouses, so let's see how that goes. Don't worry i guarantee you that WM 100% wont be the epic fight that Ewing was talking about. I mean Simon is honestly on that Rulk level, so i can't imagine him giving Hulk the epic fight that Al promised, besides it seems like all he wants to do is talk since like i mentioned before for some reason he is a pacifist now.

Eh I'm still skeptical, the fact that Wonder Man has been a complete pacifist up until now is a good excuse for writers to be like "wow, what if Hulk makes him break his vow??" and they fight. I'm thinking it'll either be Hulk vs Wonder Man, or Wonder Man won't really fight back and will sacrifice himself saving another Avenger (because currently, his powers are unstable) and his sacrifice will make Hulk switch sides. Or the Black Order kills him or something.

That Rulk also isn't really a powerhouse, Maverick doesn't have many feats as far as I'm aware.

Also what do you think about Hulk draining Rulk? Did he seriously just drain him of gamma energy, SS style or even old Rulk style?

It honestly looked like he straight up gamma drained him just like Rulk and Surfer can do

@thedailybagel

@battle123axe said:
@illuminated said:

I think the opposite, it was honestly worse than i imagined. Not only is Dark Hulk annoying and insufferable, he also talks and acts as much as Amadeus. And yes i get that Pak is trying to tell us that Hulk is really Amadeus and Amadeus is really Hulk, he did that with Banner and Hulk at the end of HOTM. But oh man did it DESTROY and kind of suspense and potential badassery of the Hulk. I mean he yammers so much he is not one bit intimidating or scary. I can't believe Waid, Ewing and Zub managed to do something with Banner Hulk that Pak(a guy whose expert on Hulk) failed to. And that is actually portray Hulk as scary.

It was a complete waste. I honestly don't even wanna talk about Amadeus anymore i wish he would just cease to exist right this moment if possible and erase all the Hulk comics he had.

I also agree with this, I'm not saying this because of any bias against Amadeus, I legit bought the issue (and have bought the recent Avengers comics) to show my support for the direction it was going in as I rarely actually buy comics these days and wanted to give Pak the benefit of the doubt. I was completely let down by it. I expected 'Dark Hulk' to be different, more badass, and something cool to happen - he wasn't, he's literally just Amadeus. If you're labeling something "World War Hulk" you need to have Hulk beat the shit out of someone close to him, you need to show some kind of impact early on to make the reader go "oh shit" and be interested.

The original World War Hulk had it in spades, like the "I came to hear you scream" part was so badass. Banner beating down Black Bolt (skrull bolt, but at the time that wasn't known) was actually impactful both storywise and in terms of making hulk seem like a force of nature.

Now we get Amadeus beating up some random prince that has one other appearance and I don't give a crap about him, he didn't even do that much to him, freaking Banner beats down people just as badly if not worse every Tuesday. There was no impact, I was bored reading, Amadeus was still irritating, nothing really happened, and I feel like I wasted my money.

#245 Posted by Illuminated (742 posts) - - Show Bio

@thedailybagel: I am gonna stop doing the black spoiler thing cause it annoys me really, so anyone that doesn't wanna get spoiled until they have read the issue skip this post.

Pretty sure the only deal struck was pretty much "I get the pyramoid, you get to beat the shit out of the people that betrayed you."

It's possible, but i dunno if feels a bit too simple. I think there might be more to it, we will see. I mean it's not like Hulk can't beat the shit out of the people he wants without going for some random pyramid.

Eh I'm still skeptical, the fact that Wonder Man has been a complete pacifist up until now is a good excuse for writers to be like "wow, what if Hulk makes him break his vow??" and they fight. I'm thinking it'll either be Hulk vs Wonder Man, or Wonder Man won't really fight back and will sacrifice himself saving another Avenger (because currently, his powers are unstable) and his sacrifice will make Hulk switch sides. Or the Black Order kills him or something.

Yea i am still not buying it, after the description they gave us in the interview i don't see Simon being the one that gives Hulk the "epic" fight, the same Hulk that can apparently beat all of the Avengers including high-tiers. I mean at that point Al would have been lying straight to our face. I still think it's Rogue with several powers vs Hulk. Though i could see Hulk switching sides because of something happening to WM.

That Rulk also isn't really a powerhouse, Maverick doesn't have many feats as far as I'm aware.

Well he did one-shot a floating fortress island. I don't know any mid-tier that can do that, one-shotting an island instantly puts you in at least low powerhouse level IMO.

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2

on top of that he had the Iron Patriot armor when he fought the Hulk, so he is no slouch.

It honestly looked like he straight up gamma drained him just like Rulk and Surfer can do

It really did, let's see if this remains to be a power that sticks or get's forgotten.

Also i forgot to mention, yea i can't believe they cop out like that and had Pod be the first death... But meh...

#246 Posted by Thedailybagel (12625 posts) - - Show Bio

In other news, Jane Thor finally fought Mangog...

Luckily she didn't "beat" him, she got in some really good hits but was mostly getting beat on. She threw Mangog into the Sun, he came back, Thor saved her by cutting off Mangog's arm. Then they won by Jane admitting that she can't win and used Mjolnir to tie Mangog up with Chains designed to hold Fenris and then used Mjolnir to drag Mangog into the Sun and stay there... Therefore sacrificing Mjolnir to do so.

#247 Posted by Illuminated (742 posts) - - Show Bio

@thedailybagel: Yea i saw that, people are up in arms over it in another thread.

#248 Posted by medulaoblaganda (2143 posts) - - Show Bio

@thedailybagel: janthor really did well in that fight. i will miss her. for me , she is second best thor in my opinion.

#250 Posted by IAmTheLaw (754 posts) - - Show Bio

And the Hulk forum breathes a collective sigh of relief.