#151 Posted by Thedailybagel (12785 posts) - - Show Bio

@battle123axe: I know, I don’t see why it’s inpressive. Hulk has absorbed things before.

#152 Posted by Battle123axe (8981 posts) - - Show Bio

@battle123axe: I know, I don’t see why it’s inpressive. Hulk has absorbed things before.

really? i've never seen him absorb something quite like that or in that way before

#153 Posted by Thedailybagel (12785 posts) - - Show Bio

@battle123axe: not in that way where he kinda sucks it up, but he’s been amped by being hit by bombs and stuff.

#154 Posted by Battle123axe (8981 posts) - - Show Bio

@battle123axe: not in that way where he kinda sucks it up, but he’s been amped by being hit by bombs and stuff.

yeah.

at least we know he can eat nukes lol

#155 Posted by TheInfamousGod (85 posts) - - Show Bio

@thedailybagel: @grekko: To be fair, I do think that this instance that Hulk's/Banners anger towards the Avengers is justifiable considering the last thing they remember is how The Avengers were about to betray them.

#156 Posted by Morpheus_ (34427 posts) - - Show Bio
Avatar image for medulaoblaganda
#157 Posted by medulaoblaganda (2255 posts) - - Show Bio

@morpheus_: i love the approach they going with immortal hulk comic coming this june. Horror comic hulk? i love it.

#158 Posted by Battle123axe (8981 posts) - - Show Bio

i... actually like this. quite a bit

#159 Posted by medulaoblaganda (2255 posts) - - Show Bio

one thing that borders me is when the writer said banner by day hulk by night. can anyone explain that to me?

#160 Posted by Battle123axe (8981 posts) - - Show Bio

https://www.cbr.com/immortal-hulk-bruce-banner-al-ewing-joe-bennett-interview/2/

#161 Posted by medulaoblaganda (2255 posts) - - Show Bio

@battle123axe: So basically their going back to hulk classic days when banner use to transform in the night. hmmmmm!! not a good idea for me.

#162 Posted by Battle123axe (8981 posts) - - Show Bio
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

#163 Posted by Morpheus_ (34427 posts) - - Show Bio

It's not a bad concept. They had me at "Bruce Banner as the Hulk."

Let's hope Ewing delivers.

#164 Edited by Illuminated (742 posts) - - Show Bio

Sigh... where do i begin..

First off I am glad that Hulk is finally back, i mean the real Hulk(Banner) and that he will have his ongoing series. However i am very skeptical about the direction here as well as Al Ewing being at the helm. In the past he hasn't really shown to me that he understands the Hulk as a character much. I also don't like when the writer needs to reassure the readers by telling them silly things like "i used to have Hulk cakes at my birthday", listen dude i don't care. I've literally heard the same shtick from Duggan when he first started writing Hulk and his Doc Green was some of the worst forgettable nonsense since Jason Aarons The Island of Dr. Banner. My other problem with Al is that his stories start out strong but become very stale and boring as the issues go on, at least that's the impression i got from him when reading some of his comics.

With that said i will give Ewing a chance, i mean it's not like we have a choice. He seems extremely confident in the story he is crafting, so maybe it will be something truly epic. I am not really against the idea of seeing Banner during the day, while Hulk turns during the night, it's reminiscent of the earliest days of Hulk. Besides Hulk is a transformative character, it seems every writer that picks him up nowadays has some different version of him in their minds with different personalities. And it seems Ewing will be dealing more with the psychological and horror aspect of the Banner/Hulk relationship. So probably don't expect too much smashing.

So yea i am skeptical but intrigued at the same time.

#165 Posted by Thedailybagel (12785 posts) - - Show Bio

Eh, idk what to think.

I’d rather Pak stayed on to write some Banner Hulk stories, Ewing looks like he has a good story in mind and I’m a huge fan of him basically blocking crossovers. Granted, it does look like Hulk won’t be doing much smashing.

#166 Posted by Thedailybagel (12785 posts) - - Show Bio

Also it looks like Banner dying is going to be a recurring theme throughout the book, only for Hulk to come out at night and resurrect Banner as well.

#168 Posted by Illuminated (742 posts) - - Show Bio

Eh, idk what to think.

I’d rather Pak stayed on to write some Banner Hulk stories, Ewing looks like he has a good story in mind and I’m a huge fan of him basically blocking crossovers. Granted, it does look like Hulk won’t be doing much smashing.

Yea i forgot to mention. I don't mind that there wont be lots of smashing if we actually get a good psychological/horror story. We haven't actually had one in decades. Also going through Al's twitter and everything, he seems really genuine about this. It looks like this might be his magnum opus.

Only time will tell.

#169 Posted by Morpheus_ (34427 posts) - - Show Bio

@illuminated: I always feel the same way when writers overstate their affinity for a character. But it could very well be right on Ewing's occasion, no idea one way or the other.

However, given that this is Marvel mostly trying to give their audience what they want (Bruce as the Hulk, Tony as Iron Man, Thor as... Thor, Steve as Cap), that could just be Ewing's attempt to reassure readers he won't be using the character in a disrespectful way and has his best interests in mind. I'm not opposed to that.

He did say that it's new reader friendly and won't be heavily constricted by continuity - a questionable tactic in my book. But no crossovers is a big win, if he manages to uphold it.

Al in all, it could be OK, or pretty damn great if done properly. I have been revisiting Ewing's Ultimates since this announcement and the book is solid. Haven't reached the point where it fizzles out yet.

#170 Posted by Illuminated (742 posts) - - Show Bio

@morpheus_: Yea it feels like they are overreaching, but i do believe it to be genuine in Al's case. I think he is putting everything on this story, it seems to be very important to him, going by his twitter. So his reputation would suffer a lot if he chokes.

Also forgot to mention that i am a fan of not having any crossovers and Hulk not being featured much in other books, i would like this to be a more controlled story.

His first Ultimates series was fine, i felt like it kinda went out in the second series, but to each their own.

#171 Posted by Thedailybagel (12785 posts) - - Show Bio

@illuminated: yeah I just checked his Twitter and your right, as well as all his interviews. He seems genuinely excited about this.

Plus donny cates loved the idea, who is also a big hulk fan and a great writer to boot.

#172 Edited by Illuminated (742 posts) - - Show Bio

@thedailybagel said:

@illuminated: yeah I just checked his Twitter and your right, as well as all his interviews. He seems genuinely excited about this.

Plus donny cates loved the idea, who is also a big hulk fan and a great writer to boot.

Pretty much. Even Jason Aaron outright admitted that among all the boardroom ideas about all the different characters, Al's idea was the most intriguing one.

I think Aaron is at best indifferent and at worst dislikes the Hulk, so for him to be intrigued the most by Al's idea of the new Hulk, puts some confidence in me.

I also asked Al a question myself. Basically i was wondering if the day/night cycle is the only trigger for Hulk or if the anger aspect would be involved.

And he told me that there definitely will be anger, but more cold anger than the one we are used to.

#173 Edited by Thedailybagel (12785 posts) - - Show Bio
#174 Posted by Morpheus_ (34427 posts) - - Show Bio

@thedailybagel: Decent art and not a bad character design, either. I haven't been following No Surrender to see how good the moment was in context, though.

#175 Posted by Thedailybagel (12785 posts) - - Show Bio

@morpheus_: it was alright, he hasn’t properly been revealed yet to the Avengers.

#176 Posted by Illuminated (742 posts) - - Show Bio

@thedailybagel: They've been building up this for so long now that if they don't actually deliver as in at least gives us a great brawl, then they failed massively. Ewing did say it was going to be one of the biggest, most brutal rampages ever committed to paper, obviously an exaggeration, but i am still expecting to at least be entertained.

#177 Posted by Battle123axe (8981 posts) - - Show Bio

yeah, there should at least be a good fight

#178 Posted by Thedailybagel (12785 posts) - - Show Bio

@illuminated: when did he say that?

I'm kinda hoping he just steamrolls everyone and gets talked down, that's the route they seem to be heading.

Avatar image for theincrediblesuperhulk8642
#179 Posted by TheIncredibleSuperHulk8642 (4518 posts) - - Show Bio

Im hoping for a huge fight and it seems Wonder Man maybe the only one to stand up to him for more than a second

#180 Posted by Illuminated (742 posts) - - Show Bio

@thedailybagel: Here

https://www.cbr.com/avengers-no-surrender-waid-ewing-zub-interview-2/3/

Finally, it looks like there’s a lot of fun and big moments coming up in “No Surrender” including the return of another founding member, one who’s emerald hued and known for his “incredible” strength, that’s been teased at the end of the last couple issues. Any hints you want to leave us with as the crossover closes out month two and enters month three?

Ewing: That ongoing ending tease is going to keep building until it explodes – and people who like that character are going to get a special extra something in an upcoming issue. Not to mention one of the biggest, most brutal rampages ever committed to paper, and the final stand of at least one Avenger.

Zub: For those about to smash, we salute you.

Waid: Jarvis’ role in this story is a little more important than it might at first appear.

Ewing: Also, did I mention this was the last stand of an Avenger? Or two?

#181 Posted by Lvenger (36338 posts) - - Show Bio

Sounds like Hulk is just gonna steamroll all through the Avengers which will be a nice feat for me to use in my current CAV :) Also I know @theacidskull would get a kick out of a horror themed Hulk comic. That's two of his favourite things rolled into one package.

#182 Posted by Stahlflamme (5733 posts) - - Show Bio

Ewing is horrible. Most fight scenes I've read from the guy consisted of characters declaring themselves immune to someone elses ability, he openly said he likes jobbing and that he writes everyone as hightiers(he says a-list but when you read what he says about it its rather clear he doesn't know the difference). Seriously he is the guy who had Medusa beat up Thor. Not to mention how selfcongratulating everyone in his stories seem to be for even the slightest bit of success.

#183 Posted by Illuminated (742 posts) - - Show Bio

@stahlflamme: I too don't like how Ewing deals with his fight scenes, it doesn't seem like he makes much of a difference between a street level character, a mid-tier and a high-tier. Still he has written good stories, his Ultimates were great, i heard Loki was and Judge Dredd where really good too, etc... With that said his Hulk series doesn't seem like it will be battle oriented, it will deal more with the psychological horror of being trapped inside the same mind/body with a monster, i mean yea we are gonna have Hulk smash stuff but he wont be fighting anyone of worth really, at least for a very long while. And considering he is eager to please the Hulk fanbase i don't see him having Hulk job to anyone he has him fight in the future. Also when did he have Medusa beat up Thor?

#184 Edited by Stahlflamme (5733 posts) - - Show Bio

@illuminated: That isn't much better. I've seen that with Wiccan in his horrible New Avengers run, the one that ended with Makers masterplan being to kidnap the president and give him to Hydra so they give tech to his organisation which was based on AIM and let by Maker, you know ultimate Reed Richards. And to put it simple that basically came down to Wiccan noticing that the villain brainwaahing him kinda sucked and with him mentioning what essentially was the textbook definition of depression. A guy who thinks Kieron Gillen is a genius dealing with psychology for writing a book in which someone immediately publicly kills himself after finding out he is a mutant is no good in that regard either. The worst part is everytime he does an interview he sounds like he actually has a good grasp of things, which ends up not reflected in the stuff he writes whatsoever. To go with the Maker idea again there was an interview where he talks abozt how dangerous he is and how he himself thinks he is a good guy and in the book itself Ewing wrote him as a saturday morning cartoon villain, who conatantly says things like he just wants chaos.

I did not read Ultimates after the 0th, and first issue essentially came down to the characters boasting about how awesome they were and congratulating themselves, while Spectrum narrated how totally awesome that featless mary sue was to prop her up, Loki from what I heard was liked initially but then people jjst considered it weird and confusing.

Sorry, I wrote that wrong it wasn't medusa who beat up Thor, it was White Tiger, which is kinda worse, Medusa then beat up White Tiger. It was in Mighty Avengers or Captain America and the mighty avengers or whatever it waa called during the Axis tie-in.

Oh, no a kitten my only weakness! Please read the Loki chapter written by the same writer I don't get my asskicked by a woman in a catsuit there, I swear!
Oh, no a kitten my only weakness! Please read the Loki chapter written by the same writer I don't get my asskicked by a woman in a catsuit there, I swear!

#185 Posted by Thedailybagel (12785 posts) - - Show Bio

@stahlflamme: @illuminated: outside of power levels Ewing just isn’t very good at writing fight scenes in general. As in, it’s the writers job to tell the artist what to draw, how many panels it should be and so on. I don’t think Ewing really cares about the specifics of them, most of them are just cool splash pages that look more like posters than comic books. Not like Pak who seems very specific with what he wants but keeps getting stuck to crappy artists.

#186 Posted by kgb725 (18732 posts) - - Show Bio

@lvenger said:

Sounds like Hulk is just gonna steamroll all through the Avengers which will be a nice feat for me to use in my current CAV :) Also I know @theacidskull would get a kick out of a horror themed Hulk comic. That's two of his favourite things rolled into one package.

No one is powerful enough to beat him he should steamroll

#187 Posted by theacidskull (21980 posts) - - Show Bio

@lvenger said:

That I would though...I've loved Hulk being a heroic force but the world's not letting him be one, so let's dile up the villainy. :P

Looks like the prophecy Hulk was killed for came true anyways...he's going to cause some serious damage.

#188 Posted by Battle123axe (8981 posts) - - Show Bio

Avengers #684 Preview

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
  • MARK WAID, JIM ZUB & AL EWING (W) • PACO MEDINA & JOE BENNETT (A)
  • Cover by MARK BROOKS
  • YOUNG VARIANT COVER BY SKOTTIE YOUNG
  • NO SURRENDER Part 10
  • THE AVENGERS WEEKLY EPIC CONTINUES IN THIS OVERSIZED ISSUE!
  • Back from the dead! He cannot be reasoned with. He will not be stopped. Bruce Banner isn’t home right now. There is only THE IMMORTAL HULK.
  • 40 PGS./Rated T+ …$4.99
#190 Posted by bonifidehustla (259 posts) - - Show Bio

I wonder how my fellow Hulk fans feel about the Infinity War BS. Hulk terrified and fear Thanos.

#191 Posted by GreenScar1990 (1785 posts) - - Show Bio

@bonifidehustla:

Read the entire article next time, dude. It is Banner who is afraid of Thanos. The Hulk, on the other hand, is impressed and sees the Mad Titan as a worthy adversary/challenge.

#192 Posted by Battle123axe (8981 posts) - - Show Bio
Gallery image 1Gallery image 2Gallery image 3

ooh boy (avengers 684), and theres more

#193 Posted by Lvenger (36338 posts) - - Show Bio

@battle123axe: Wew those feats though. Hulk is ripping through opponents in those scans and no selling everything. Man I’m jealous of those feats.

#194 Posted by Battle123axe (8981 posts) - - Show Bio

@lvenger: it’s really something. Not gonna lie, that panel of hulk looking down at Lightning’s best blast and giving no shits whatsoever is now one of my favorite panels in recent times

#195 Posted by Thedailybagel (12785 posts) - - Show Bio

@lvenger: @battle123axe: They handled Hulk coming back pretty well in the feats department, it looks like he’s gonna tear through Jane and Hercules as well....

#196 Posted by Battle123axe (8981 posts) - - Show Bio

@lvenger: @battle123axe: They handled Hulk coming back pretty well in the feats department, it looks like he’s gonna tear through Jane and Hercules as well....

yeah, once i saw pod apparently staggering him, i thought that this was gonna be disappointing feats-wise, but the next couple pages proved me wrong

#197 Posted by Thedailybagel (12785 posts) - - Show Bio

@thedailybagel said:

yeah, once i saw pod apparently staggering him, i thought that this was gonna be disappointing feats-wise, but the next couple pages proved me wrong

Was just reading U.S. Avengers and I think we have a pretty good indication of what's going to happen to Red Hulk...

No Caption Provided

#198 Edited by Battle123axe (8981 posts) - - Show Bio

@thedailybagel said:
@battle123axe said:
@thedailybagel said:

Was just reading U.S. Avengers and I think we have a pretty good indication of what's going to happen to Red Hulk...

No Caption Provided

hehehehehehe.....

The hulk is coming for everybody this March

#199 Posted by medulaoblaganda (2255 posts) - - Show Bio
#200 Posted by kgb725 (18732 posts) - - Show Bio

@thedailybagel said:
@battle123axe said:
@thedailybagel said:

No Caption Provided

hehehehehehe.....

The hulk is coming for everybody this March

No Caption Provided

We haven't even gotten world war hulk 2 with cho yet which I believe comes out this month