Incredible Hulk - 2018

Battle123axe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@ghostravage: Yeah it's gonna be cool, how do you think it's gonna end up?

probably the opposite of ragnarok, chulk gets beat up for a while, and eventually lets out his inner hulk because he can't beat odinson like he is, and dark hulk beast odinson up or at least gains the upper hand

GreenScar1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 1

@theacidskull:

Well, Hulk is about destruction and rampage, especially when it's righteous and deserved. And given his and Banner's treatment (getting killed while depowered and betrayed yet again by his allies; resurrected twice to be used as a WMD), I think Hulk has every right to just lay out everyone and everything. All the Avengers team, heroes, Black Order, Lethal Legion, villains... everyone and everything. ALL.

I'm all for Hulk coming back with a vengeance, more powerful and angry than ever. As for the immortal aspect, I always knew that the Hulk was immortal, even if Bruce Banner isn't. It's been hinted at, even outright stated, in many comics written by the likes of PAD and Pak that Hulk could never die and would go on forever. In many alternate realities, universes, and timelines the Hulk has outlived everyone and everything in existence.

GreenScar1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@battle123axe: @ghostravage:

I think it will be a good fight. And I have a feeling that Amadeus' Dark Hulk will take the reigns and end up beating Odinson in the fight.

GreenScar1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By GreenScar1990

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to All of You!

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Battle123axe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By Battle123axe

Merry Christmas everyone (especially all you Hulk fans), and a Happy New Year!

GreenScar1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By GreenScar1990

Happy New Year, Hulk fans!!!

No Caption Provided

I'm going to post some cool images, but first let me show you this. Not only is Donny Cates, the current writer of Thanos & Doctor Strange, a huge fan of the Hulk/Banner and loves the character... he also has a HUGE story saved for later if he's ever given the chance.

Now for some cool covers and illustrations I found.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Battle123axe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

not gonna lie, if donny cates writes hulk, i'll be fine

jay_z94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@greenscar1990: Could you give me some instances of where it's been hinted at that Hulk (616 version) is immortal and would live forever. That sounds pretty cool tbh

GreenScar1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jay_z94:

Hulk: The End

Civil War 2: The Fallen

Incredible Hulk #460

Those are a few where it's been hinted/stated.

There's a good many more, but I'd have to read and hunt down the issues in my collection.

jay_z94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jay_z94:

Hulk: The End

Civil War 2: The Fallen

Incredible Hulk #460

Those are a few where it's been hinted/stated.

There's a good many more, but I'd have to read and hunt down the issues in my collection.

Much appreciated

jay_z94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@greenscar1990: I would have asked you this in a PM, but for some reason I can't send you one.

I was on Marvel heroes omega forum a while ago and someone posted a reeeaaalllyy long list of Hulk's best feats and said he got them from another website from a user called greenscar1990, so i'm guessing that's you, lol

The forum has been taken down now though so I can't see it anymore. If you have the list already compiled and it's easily accessible, could you copy and paste it into a PM and send it to me?

phillip33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ooooh cates is doing a great job on thanos. Would love to seen him in hulk.

GreenScar1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jay_z94 said:

@greenscar1990: I would have asked you this in a PM, but for some reason I can't send you one.

I was on Marvel heroes omega forum a while ago and someone posted a reeeaaalllyy long list of Hulk's best feats and said he got them from another website from a user called greenscar1990, so i'm guessing that's you, lol

The forum has been taken down now though so I can't see it anymore. If you have the list already compiled and it's easily accessible, could you copy and paste it into a PM and send it to me?

Unfortunately, I do not have a list. I have tons of Hulk issues and tons of graphic novels featuring Hulk/Banner. There might be a respect list on this site and Hulk thread that you may be able to dig up.

GreenScar1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ooooh cates is doing a great job on thanos. Would love to seen him in hulk.

Agreed. I'd love to see Donny Cates come onboard as the new writer for Hulk/Banner. He's doing a incredible job on Thanos. I must also confess that his Doctor Strange is also far superior to what preceded it.

phillip33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@greenscar1990: is he really doing the newer strange stuff? I saw that sentry reappeared in it, now I want to start picking up even more.

jay_z94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

GreenScar1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@phillip33:

Yes, he is. And it's been solid from the start. And unlike Bendis, he actually treats the Sentry with respect and adds depth to him, making him far more likable.

GreenScar1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

GreenScar1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

I don't know about the rest of you, but I prefer the more accurate Sakaar arena and world to the one we got in Thor: Ragnarok. I also like the idea of Hulk & Thor fighting other gladiators & monsters. While an enjoyable film, I feel that Thor: Ragnarok would have been far better if it was more serious in tone and akin to Ridley Scott's Gladiator.

GreenScar1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-613e82c4b95f9
deactivated-613e82c4b95f9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 201

IAmTheLaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't understand why people seem to think Thor and Hulk were even even before Thor got the power boost in their battle. Hulk had Thor at his mercy when he did the Loki toss, until he threw him far away and started showboating. Thor was also on the verge of death when he unlocked the lightning ability. That's the only moment either character was in any real danger during the entire match.

Obviously after Thor got amped, he had the upper hand. But even then, Hulk was only a bit shook after a massive lightning infused uppercut.

GreenScar1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@greenscar1990: So when does the new series start?!

Not sure. I'm hoping we hear something soon! There is a rumor that after World War Hulk 2, which concludes Amadeus' story and Pak's run, a new creative team will be assigned to work with Hulk/Banner. So, hopefully with the upcoming solicitations for April 2018 out next week, we'll be given something to get stoked about.

I don't understand why people seem to think Thor and Hulk were even even before Thor got the power boost in their battle. Hulk had Thor at his mercy when he did the Loki toss, until he threw him far away and started showboating. Thor was also on the verge of death when he unlocked the lightning ability. That's the only moment either character was in any real danger during the entire match.

Obviously after Thor got amped, he had the upper hand. But even then, Hulk was only a bit shook after a massive lightning infused uppercut.

Because some Thor fans are delusional and cannot interpret the fight as it is. Every time Hulk landed a blow, Thor went soaring. Thor's blows before the massive amp of lightning, with the exception of the first full-powered hammer swing, were nothing but an slight annoyance to the Hulk. And even then, even with his two most powerful blows, Thor only managed to faze Hulk a little bit and still couldn't keep him down nor was he able to display such power again except his initial massive lightning bolt against Hela yet never again in the entire film.

Battle123axe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theacidskull said:

@greenscar1990: So when does the new series start?!

Not sure. I'm hoping we hear something soon! There is a rumor that after World War Hulk 2, which concludes Amadeus' story and Pak's run, a new creative team will be assigned to work with Hulk/Banner. So, hopefully with the upcoming solicitations for April 2018 out next week, we'll be given something to get stoked about.

@iamthelaw said:

Because some Thor fans are delusional and cannot interpret the fight as it is. Every time Hulk landed a blow, Thor went soaring. Thor's blows before the massive amp of lightning, with the exception of the first full-powered hammer swing, were nothing but an slight annoyance to the Hulk. And even then, even with his two most powerful blows, Thor only managed to faze Hulk a little bit and still couldn't keep him down nor was he able to display such power again except his initial massive lightning bolt against Hela yet never again in the entire film.

link?

GreenScar1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Battle123axe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

GreenScar1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Battle123axe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

AVENGERS #690

• AL EWING, JIM ZUB & MARK WAID (W) • PACO MEDINA (A)
  • COVER BY Mark Brooks
  • End of an Era Variant by Chris Sprouse
  • Variant COVER by InHyuk Lee
  • THE AVENGERS WEEKLY EPIC CONCLUDES!
  • “NO SURRENDER” REACHES ITS FINALE!
  • The battle is over, and those left standing in the rubble have to find a way to move forward. As an era of the Avengers comes to a close, what will rise to take its place?
  • 32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99

A variant cover with hulk on it... maybe hulk is in the avengers after this event (which makes sense, looking at the primer pages)

also, another cover where you can see the hulk and banner on the top right and left of the card (below the "S" and "L" in "ASSEMBLE", really like that.

No Caption Provided

AVENGERS #688

• AL EWING, JIM ZUB & MARK WAID (W) • KIM JACINTO (A)
  • COVER BY Mark Brooks
  • END OF AN ERA VARIANT COVER BY CHRIS SPROUSE
  • THE AVENGERS WEEKLY EPIC CONTINUES!
  • NO SURRENDER Part 14
  • As the final battle for Earth begins, one Avenger will sacrifice everything to give his teammates a fighting chance.

brucie's back!

maybe we'll get a smarter hulk?, and i'm interested to see how this whole "immortal hulk" thing plays out.

some amadeus and weapon H stuff, if anyone's interested.

No Caption Provided

CHAMPIONS #19

• JIM ZUB (W) • SEAN IZAAKSE (A)
  • Cover by Stefano Caselli
  • A WIDER WORLD Part 1
  • IRONHEART and THE UNSTOPPABLE WASP join the Champions at last! The team has grown but the mission stays the same – the Champions fight to make the world a better place for all!
  • Writer Jim Zub (AVENGERS: NO SURRENDER) and artist Sean Izaakse (UNCANNY AVENGERS) reunite to push the Champions beyond their limits with any icy Antarctic adventure that will challenge everything they believe in!
  • Don’t miss this first chapter of a new era of Champions – and the birth of a brand new hero!
No Caption Provided

INCREDIBLE HULK #715

• GREG PAK (W) • CARLO BARBERI (A)
  • Cover by MIKE DEODATO JR.
  • WORLD WAR HULK II CONTINUES!
  • Out of the trunk and off the chain, the dark aspects of Amadeus’ personality run unchecked as the Hulk displays his awesome power before the Champions, Alpha Flight, the Black Panther and the world! Can anything bring the Formerly Awesome Hulk to heel before disaster strikes?!
  • 32 PGS./Rated T …$3.99
No Caption Provided

WEAPON H #2

• GREG PAK (W) • CORY SMITH (A)
  • Cover by LEINIL FRANCIS YU
  • Variant Cover by SKAN
  • VENOM 30TH VARIANT COVER BY TBA
  • BEAST MODE!
  • AWOL Part 2
  • Hiding out in the Canadian wilderness from greedy corporate warmongers, Clay (A.K.A. WEAPON H) searches for peace and solitude… But a series of grisly murders in a local mining town stand in his way! GUEST-STARRING THE MASTER OF MYSTIC ARTS, DOCTOR STRANGE!
Battle123axe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By Battle123axe

also hulk's been alive for millions of years in Thanos #15 lol

Battle123axe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

some hulk stuff from Thanos 15. poor guy

SPOILERS

No Caption Provided

GreenScar1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

SPOILERS

No Caption Provided

It was another great issue of THANOS.

And I knew The Hulk was immortal, thus being alive millions of years after many were killed or have died in battle.

But I'm wondering, given that Donny Cates stated in his Twitter account that Hulk would have a huge moment in the THANOS WINS story, why King Thanos is keeping the Hulk heavily fortified within the depths of his temple?

My guess? The Hulk is actually his WMD. A powerful guardian/attack-dog.

Otherwise, why keep the Hulk alive at all? Or is that fact Hulk is immortal, much like himself, that King Thanos cannot kill him?

Battle123axe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By Battle123axe

@battle123axe said:

SPOILERS

No Caption Provided

It was another great issue of THANOS. yup

And I knew The Hulk was immortal, thus being alive millions of years after many were killed or have died in battle. yup

But I'm wondering, given that Donny Cates stated in his Twitter account that Hulk would have a huge moment in the THANOS WINS story, why King Thanos is keeping the Hulk heavily fortified within the depths of his temple?

My guess? The Hulk is actually his WMD. A powerful guardian/attack-dog. very likely

Otherwise, why keep the Hulk alive at all? Or is that fact Hulk is immortal, much like himself, that King Thanos cannot kill him? possibly

Battle123axe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

incredible hulk #712 preview and cover art

here's a sweet double page spread

No Caption Provided

and the issue cover

No Caption Provided

Bezza1969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@greenscar1990:

Cates is doing a great job on Thanos. I haven't got issue 15 yet. I'd assumed the Hulk seen in Issue 14 was the Maestro....... Thanos killing Black Bolt in that issue sent a shiver down my spine.

I've been away from the Hulk scene for a bit and this forum, because every time I posted anything it seemed to trigger a PM from someone irate with what I'd said..... case in point being the Thor V HULK fight!!! I expressed the view that the fight didn't show Hulk in a good light. Just my view and I know other people feel different. Its all about opinions folks....I don't know why some people get so uptight and irate by views that others hold.......

I still think the MCU has lowballed the Hulk. Look at what Superman got up to in the JL movie. He kicked ass and smashed a villain which had given the rest of the team problems. With Hulk we've had him sucker punched by Iron Man in AOU and saved by Grandmaster from a possible KO from Thor in Ragnarok. For me the last real good showing in a MCU film from Hulk was one shotting that space whale in Avengers Assemble.

Anyway, good to see some Hulk stories coming up that I might actually want to buy. The last Hulk comic I bought was about 3 years ago now, which is a terrible state of affairs.

IAmTheLaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That guy was PMing all of us consistently. Not sure what his deal was.

And I know I differ with a lot of people on that fight as well, but I thought it showed both Hulk and Thor in a good light. Thor was the better tactician but Hulk was stronger. Neither got KO'd. Hulk was certainly not winning when the fight ended, but he also had the best moments when he had Thor helpless on the ground (until the buff). Even that massive lightning upper cut only phased Hulk slightly.

Other good showings for Hulk in Ragnarok - That time he punched Surtur and staggered him, got tossed away, and was ready to fight him again. Also loved the fact that immediately afterward he saved Thor and Valkyrie from certain destruction by jumping them to the ship.

Bezza1969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger: @medulaoblaganda: @theacidskull: @bezza1969: @thedailybagel: @battle123axe:

Here's the solicitations for March 2018's Avengers: No Surrender issues that announce the return of the God of Smash, the Strongest One There is, the Sakaarson and the Worldbreaker, the Incredible, Immortal Hulk!!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No Caption Provided

AVENGERS #684

MARK WAID, JIM ZUB & AL EWING (W) • PACO MEDINA & JOE BENNETT (A)

Cover by MARK BROOKS

YOUNG VARIANT COVER BY SKOTTIE YOUNG

NO SURRENDER Part 10

THE AVENGERS WEEKLY EPIC CONTINUES IN THIS OVERSIZED ISSUE!

Back from the dead! He cannot be reasoned with. He will not be stopped. Bruce Banner isn’t home right now. There is only THE IMMORTAL HULK.

40 PGS./Rated T+ …$4.99

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No Caption Provided

AVENGERS #685

AL EWING, JIM ZUB & MARK WAID (W) • PACO MEDINA (A)

Cover by MARK BROOKS

NEW MUTANTS VARIANT BY TERRY DODSON

NO SURRENDER Part 11

THE AVENGERS WEEKLY EPIC CONTINUES!

The Avengers are in the fight of their lives trying to end the Hulk’s rampage, but nothing can stop the unstoppable. And when an Avenger betrays the team, can the rest of the heroes hope to survive?

32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99

No Caption Provided

AVENGERS #686

AL EWING, JIM ZUB & MARK WAID (W) • PACO MEDINA (A)

COVER BY Mark Brooks

MARVEL’S AGENTS OF S.H.I.E.L.D. ROAD TO 100 VARIANT COVER BY DALE KEOWN

NO SURRENDER Part 12

THE AVENGERS WEEKLY EPIC CONTINUES!

As Wonder Man struggles to get through to the Hulk, the Black Order attacks Avengers HQ! The grand cosmic game comes to its shocking conclusion — but the war for Earth is just beginning!

32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99

I'm a bit late noticing this tag, having been "off grid" for two months, but wow, I like the look of this.

Also, Wonder Man is back- one of my favourite characters back in the 80s when I was a regular comic buyer...... looks mega.......

thedailybagel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 thedailybagel  Moderator

@battle123axe: @greenscar1990: @bezza1969: @ghostravage

spoilers for the new issue if anyone hasn't read it:

Amadeus just beat Thor who was going for the kill whilst Amadeus was explicitly not going all out, he was scared that his 'dark Hulk' would legit kill Odinson. Granted they were both weakened.

Also kinda spoilery but does anyone know what this is?

No Caption Provided

Battle123axe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Battle123axe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thedailybagel: a nuke? a space shuttle? not sure

also, to be fair to thor he previously beat the shit out of chulk and chulk nailed him with a sucker punch that i'd think was channeling some dark hulk, and thor ate a punch from cho previously. it was a pretty good, even fight

thedailybagel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 thedailybagel  Moderator

At first, I thought it was a Nuke and it was going to kill basically everyone Amadeus is fighting for, prompting him to go crazy

Not so sure now though.

thedailybagel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 thedailybagel  Moderator

@battle123axe said:

also, to be fair to thor he previously beat the shit out of chulk and chulk nailed him with a sucker punch that i'd think was channeling some dark hulk, and thor ate a punch from cho previously. it was a pretty good, even fight

that's true, but Amadeus proved that he could actually handle himself finally. The art sucked though.

Battle123axe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@battle123axe said:
@battle123axe said:

that's true, but Amadeus proved that he could actually handle himself finally. The art sucked though.

yup, amadeus did prove that.

yeeeaaah... not such a fan of Land's art.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

@thedailybagel: I think it's a nuke, though not sure why a Soviet nuke would have made it through the portal to Sakaar

Also I'd say Cho and Odinson were relatively even in their fight, Cho only stunned Thor temporarily with his rope a dope move. Though it was implied that if Cho unleased his inner Hulk, he would have beaten Thor. And Thor was going for the kill like you said.

Bezza1969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@battle123axe: @greenscar1990: @bezza1969: @ghostravage

spoilers for the new issue if anyone hasn't read it:

Amadeus just beat Thor who was going for the kill whilst Amadeus was explicitly not going all out, he was scared that his 'dark Hulk' would legit kill Odinson. Granted they were both weakened.

Also kinda spoilery but does anyone know what this is?

No Caption Provided

Cool, will check this one out tomorrow!!

kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thedailybagel: The perfect time for him to go crazy was right after Banner died. The setup was perfect

Bezza1969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

I don't know about the rest of you, but I prefer the more accurate Sakaar arena and world to the one we got in Thor: Ragnarok. I also like the idea of Hulk & Thor fighting other gladiators & monsters. While an enjoyable film, I feel that Thor: Ragnarok would have been far better if it was more serious in tone and akin to Ridley Scott's Gladiator.

I've been surprised Thor Ragnarok got such rave reviews. It IS a funny film, but some of the humour is just wrong! I'm thinking of Korg wisecracking as Asgard explodes.....

Like you say, a proper Ridley Scott Gladiator type contest where Thor and Hulk together fought the rest would have been great....

Bezza1969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

..Superman v Hulk Part 4......

What are people's views on these animated videos? I think they've been great and the current one is absolutely epic..... This one was mostly about Superman trying to BFR Hulk into space, which I thought was ironic, as most contests on the battle forums end up with people posting "Superman wins by BFR" and actually I thought it was a good take on what could happen if Superman tried to BFR Hulk into space. After all, he's tried and failed to BFR Doomsday into space on more than one occasion. That thunderclap of Hulk's too, that was cool!

As a fan of both characters, I love the animation and the huge work that has gone into making these animated pieces. Whoever this guy is making these films, he has huge talent.

Battle123axe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

HYPE

No Caption Provided

Grekko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers