thedailybagel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By thedailybagel  Moderator

Respect The Immortal Hulk

"Do you know what rage is, Grandmaster? Not the pain of betrayal... the hurt of being wronged by a friend... Pain is loud, you see. Hurt roars and bellows. It only wants to be left alone... to heal... or to die. But rage... rage is silent. Rage is cold. Rage cannot be stopped. And it never. Ever. Dies."

-The Challenger, Avengers #693

This is an idea I had once Hulk came back in Secret Empire, and can finally get around to doing since the feats are flooding in. Essentially, my aim is to make this the most up to date Hulk respect thread available. I will only be including feats of Hulk after his death during Civil War II and will be updating it regularly whenever Bruce does anything noteworthy in his solo or any other canon comic he appears in. If anyone wants to help contribute or notices something that I haven't, feel free to PM me the feat and issue number and I'll do my best to get it here asap. Currently, Hulk doesn't have an abundance of feats, but I figured I'd start early and update it gradually. Anyway, without further ado, let's get to the smashing.

Update 1: this update is to make everything nicer to look at and more streamlined, I've taken out the differing text for me and Battleaxe as well as added more feats.

- TDB

This, taken from a PM post, basically explains what Immortal Hulk is:

Brief intro to Immortal Hulk

So banner's been killed multiple times, has always come back, and has a healing factor and has always had a slight horror vibe to him, so Al ewing has decided to craft that into a story line, and has made Hulk 'Immortal'. This new immortal hulk cannot die and will always come back, operates during the night mostly, and is usually seen 'in mirrors'. He's very intelligent, Al has said that he's one of the top 5 strongest incarnations, and Al decided that his series will have a horror vibe, so that's why for the most of the time he was fighting the avengers, he did not say a single word.

With that said, he's kind of like the Green Scar persona, but more twisted and dark. Banner's not really a good person, and this hulk is all the dark thoughts he has and will ever have just waiting to burst out of his skin and smash. Banner will be 'listening' to the Hulk more in this series, and kind of channelling him to be 'the monster that hunts monsters' a prominent theme is whether bruce is man, monster or both. Bruce tried to get hawkeye to kill him, to end the threat of the hulk forever, but this latest resurrection proved that Hulk can never die, and in his words 'I am in hell, and the king of hell lives in my flesh'.

So Bruce can get shot in the head, he'll die, and at sundown, Hulk will wake up and come for vengeance.

So in uncanny avengers, secret empire and recently, everybody who 'ressurected' him simply woke him up and gave him a push in the direction of smashing, and he's only too happy to comply.

- Battleaxe

Section 1: Strength

Disclaimer: Feats taken from Uncanny Avengers are his first resurrection after his death, The Hand 'resurrected' him, but simply just gave him a prod. It's important to note that for this specific resurrection, because of the Hand's influence, he was more susceptible to all that was thrown at him, not that it really mattered.

Disclaimer 2: Feats taken from Secret Empire are also not neccasarily Immortal Hulk, but they're after Bruce's death so I'm including them anyway.

Uncanny Avengers II #16:

Throws a statue at deadpool

Uncanny Avengers II #17:

Hulk couldn't be so much as moved by the combined efforts of Rogue with Wonder Mans strength and Cable's TK, even going as far as to overpower Rogue with one arm:

No Caption Provided

Avengers #684:

Tears apart Enigma pretty effortlessly who can make her density as hard as diamonds, later confirmed that Hulk killed Pod here...

No Caption Provided

Here's the script for this:

No Caption Provided

Avengers #685:

Crushes General Maverick Red Hulk's hand despite him also wearing an Iron Man suit to better contend with Hulk:

No Caption Provided

here's the script:

No Caption Provided

Avengers #686:

Easily restrains Wonder Man (who appears to be far more powerful than classic days) and seemingly could have torn his head off if he wasn't toying with him:

here's the script:

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Later in the same issue Hulk repeatedly shrugs off the efforts of Jane Thor and friggin Hercules, at one point literally ignoring their attempts to restrain him and can shake them off by flexing...

here's the script:

It's worth noting that this is easily a planetary given the strength of the characters involved.

Immortal Hulk #5

Chokes and holds back possessed sasquatch:

It's worth noting that Sasquatch was 'amped' here by the One Below All to become on par with Hulk.

Immortal Hulk #7

Oneshots Ghostrider (Robbie Reyes) by throwing him:

No Caption Provided

Tears the arms off of Tony's latest Hulkbuster effortlessly and a thunderclap ragdolls Cap and Thor despite both of them being behind Tony:

No Caption Provided

Casually catches current She Hulk's punch with one arm and matches her without much effort:

No Caption Provided

Infinity Wars #5

Manhandles Gamora with 5 infinity stones whilst Hulk only has the space stone. Worth mentioning that the only ability listed as being new is defying gravity and the space stone has never amplified physical stats as far as I'm aware.

Section 2: Striking

Uncanny Avengers II #16:

Stomped and KO'ed Deadpool:

No Caption Provided

Secret Empire #6:

Oneshots a barrier that not even Thor wielding Jarbjorn could break...

Thor's turn:

"Not even Odinson's strong enough to get through the shielding"

Hulk's turn:

Later in the same issue Hulk proceeds to two shot The Thing:

This is the Avengers 684's prelude's look at one of the punches:

No Caption Provided

Avengers #684:

Crushes Captain Glory's spine in one smash:

No Caption Provided

Captain Glory had previously been able to fight on par with Proxima Midnight and defeated Ebony Maw

Later in the same issue, Hulk one-shotted Cannonball with a casual slap that had enough force to break Quicksilvers ribs when attempting to catch Sam:

No Caption Provided

this is the script:

No Caption Provided

Also worth noting that Cannonball literally dove headfirst into a charging Mjolnir a few issues earlier and was still conscious so he's very durable when blasting...

Avengers #685:

Completely mangles Maverick's face in three hits:

(by the way the script describes it, it was basically done after 2 punches):

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Bodies Vision:

No Caption Provided

Then proceeds to hit Vision so hard that he literally causes him to start speaking in Binary...

Later confirmed in issue #687 that Vision was more or less rendered 'dead' and needs to be repaired:

No Caption Provided

Avengers #686:

Slaps around Wonder Man:

Him just swinging his hands back hurts Jane Thor and Hercules

No Caption Provided

Avengers #688:

Beats down and draws blood from a freaking Elder of the universe who was taking on and beating an entire Avengers team.

script:

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Immortal Hulk #5:

Draws blood from and hurts Sasquatch, who was under Spoiler's possession has unlocked his full power, rivalling that of Bruce's:

No Caption Provided

When he gets bloodlusted, he really puts the hurt on Sasquatch, beating him down and kind of reverting to a savage hulk kinda speech as well. Interesting. Though, from here, there are pretty major spoilers, so don't read this if you haven't read the issue:

Immortal Hulk #7:

Oneshots Thor with Captain America claiming that he's "never seen Thor get hit so hard before"...

No Caption Provided

It's worth noting that this hit completely took Thor out of the fight and was revealed to have fractured his skull:

No Caption Provided

Oneshots current She Hulk by hitting her at least two miles away:

No Caption Provided

Overloads Black Panther's Vibranium Armor with a single hit...

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Fantastic Four #3 (2018):

Breached Griever's ship and stomped a small army of Endlings:

For reference, the FF's extended family couldn't breach the ship.

No Caption Provided

They have a big family.

Section 3: Durability

Uncanny Avengers II #16:

Cable's best only ticks him off:

neither does Rogue (with WM'S powers):

Uncanny Avengers II #17:

Still Nope:

No Caption Provided

Avengers #684:

Enigma fails to hurt him:

No Caption Provided

script:

No Caption Provided

Avengers #685:

Maverick as Red Hulk propels himself forward and hits Hulk hard enough to shatter his own armour... Hulk basically no sells it:

No Caption Provided

script:

No Caption Provided

Vision also fails to hurt him:

No Caption Provided

script:

No Caption Provided

Uncanny Avengers II #16:

The Uncanny Avengers fail at damaging him

No Caption Provided

Uncanny Avengers II #17:

The Torch's FULL NOVA flame does about nothing but piss him off, even though in this specific resurrection, he's weak to fire

Earlier in the issue Synapse barely affected his optic nerves and it took everything out of her to barely affect his nervous system:

No Caption Provided

Avengers #684:

Lightning exhausts himself doing nothing to hurt him, a month before him doing the same produced hundreds of thousands of gigawatts to power a machine:

No Caption Provided

Avengers #685:

Maverick's repulsors do nothing:

script:

Vision's heat blasts don't do much either:

In fact, Neither do Thor (lightning amped) or Hercules with Rogue, with Hercules hitting him so hard that he hurts himself, WITH A SUCKER PUNCH.

script:

In fact, the only thing to actually hurt him was A freaking Elder of the universe who completely dissolved WM with a blast and was taking on a team of avengers punching him clear into space, far enough that he reached other planets, and even still, he was laughing all the way.

No Caption Provided

In fact, the script describes it as equal punch, equal energy attack

No Caption Provided

Immortal Hulk #5:

Tanks possesed Sasquatch slamming him through a wall:

Immortal Hulk #7:

Blocks Tony's repulsors with his palms:

No Caption Provided

Proceeds to no sell a beating from current She Hulk:

Immortal Hulk #8

An Adamantium scalpel mounted on a multi-million dollar machine that can bend titanium like paper whines dangerously just by cutting into Hulk's heart.

Just to add to the significance of this, a human would not have been able to cut into Hulk's heart even if they had an adamantium scalpel which is why they needed a hydraulic arm to do it, and even then it was risky.
Just to add to the significance of this, a human would not have been able to cut into Hulk's heart even if they had an adamantium scalpel which is why they needed a hydraulic arm to do it, and even then it was risky.

Section 4: Resistance

Avengers #684:

Mentacle, an above Professor X level telepath, was terrified looking into The Hulk's brain:

No Caption Provided

Avengers #686

Rogue can't affect him with her draining:

No Caption Provided

Him grabbing on to the Pyramoid, which transported and encased everyone else who touched them in crystal, doesn't effect him. In fact, he shatters the Pyramoid.

No Caption Provided

Section 5: Regen/Immortality

Immortal Hulk #1:

once the night comes, turns and heals from banner being shot in the head and dying:

No Caption Provided

Immortal Hulk #2:

Instantly Turns to Hulk and heals from his neck being snapped:

badass
badass

Immortal Hulk #3:

Instantly heals a huge hole in his chest created by Hotshot:

No Caption Provided

Immortal Hulk #5:

Heals instantly from having Banner's neck cut. Banner died from this:

Takes and heals almost instantly from multiple slashes and stabs possessed Sasquatch gives him. (I included the next pages so you could get a good look at his body to see that he did, in fact, heal).

bigspoilers

Heals from being slashed, having his eyes gouged out, and then being stabbed. Though you could take it with a grain of salt, this being after he absorbed sasquatch's gamma

Immortal Hulk #8

Heals from his body being completely seperated including limbs and organs (some of which are disected themselves) within a single page:

Also literally places his head back on and was entirely conscious before this

Other

Avengers #685:

Is fast and uses this speed to dodge vision's attacks:

No Caption Provided

script:

No Caption Provided

Can smell lies (Al Ewing confirmed this as an ability):

1. Immortal Hulk #1 2. Immortal Hulk #2

Immortal Hulk #2:

Directs Banner and is smarter than he currently is:

No Caption Provided

He can now absorb Gamma energy in a similar vein to Red Hulk:

1. Avengers #685 2. Immortal Hulk #5

Immortal Hulk #8

Can control his limbs without them being attached to his body.

No Caption Provided

Infinity Wars #5

Said to be the most powerful member of a group that includes Kang and Loki.

No Caption Provided

Weaknesses

As has been revealed recently, Immortal Hulk is weak to the Sun/Sunlight and physically cannot appear during daytime, thus far anyway.

Immortal Hulk #7:

No Caption Provided

Sunlight as a weakness was confirmed on Twitter by Al Ewing:

No Caption Provided

And that's about it!

Credit:

@thedailybagel

@battle123axe

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6b913edbeeb
deactivated-5d6b913edbeeb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nicely orchestrated thread i must say , Hulk is beyond normal human . He is a God or a Devil ...lol

Avatar image for medulaoblaganda
medulaoblaganda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well done bro! I hope that weakness doesn't last lol

Toratorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ugh, why is that "punched Hulk to other planets" thing still going? It was clearly a Moon in the background, with Earth down below. We saw the skies being red in previous issues.

Champion99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Champion99

Why didn't you just call is "Devil Hulk respect thread" instead? That way people won't get confused with the other one

thedailybagel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 thedailybagel  Moderator

@toratorn said:

Ugh, why is that "punched Hulk to other planets" thing still going? It was clearly a Moon in the background, with Earth down below. We saw the skies being red in previous issues.

wonder why the speech isn't coming from below...
wonder why the speech isn't coming from below...

Why didn't you just call is "Devil Hulk respect thread" instead? That way people won't get confused with the other one

Because it's the exact same thread, me and Battleaxe made the respect thread together but he posted it which means that I can't edit it. This is only temporary until he's back to do so.

Toratorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thedailybagel: because they were on the freaking base of Grandmaster, not on Earth? Hmmmmmmmmm?

TitanConsumed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Awesome!

thedailybagel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 thedailybagel  Moderator

Updated to include todays feats.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

Oh so you're running the show whilst Battleaxe is away. Haven't checked the thread in a while. Great work as always Bagel.

Virtuozzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Virtuozzo

Great work man, today's feats where a treat, i suspect in December you will have your work cut out for you filling up this thread.

Edit: also probably should change Gamora wielding 4 stones to wielding 5, when Hulk slapped her around. And it's also worth mentioning as goofy as it is, him knocking out Ant-Man with a slap lol.

TheOriginalOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

thedailybagel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 thedailybagel  Moderator

@theoriginalone: to be honest it’s more of a feat for Hotshot, his power works off of anger as well and the fact that he tore through IH is a good showing by him seeing as we know that hulk is extremely durable.

Virtuozzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theoriginalone: to be honest it’s more of a feat for Hotshot, his power works off of anger as well and the fact that he tore through IH is a good showing by him seeing as we know that hulk is extremely durable.

Yea on top of that i looked into Hotshot a little and with his regular blasts Grey Hulk noted how he hurts a lot and Prof Hulk went out of his way to dodge his attacks instead of tank them and here he did a full on blast amped by anger.

But to be fair the biggest reason Hotshot blew a hole through Hulks chest was to show off Hulk healing from it and the absolute desperation Hotshot faced there. There is a reason it was from the priests POV who had a more horror, dark view of the events as oppose to the old lady who had a girlish/silly POV and cop who had a old/superhero POV.

Avatar image for termiteone4ever
termiteone4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Not Bad Bagel Not Bad

GhostRavage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

@thedailybagel: What's up man. I wonder though, any reason why Hulk revived by The Hand is included in an Immortal Hulk respect thread? As far as i've read, he died twice before being the Immortal Hulk everyone knows now, he was revived twice through artificial means, not the same means he came back to life as Immortal Hulk.

Also, you mentioned twice "Cable couldn't do anything to him" and while that's objectively true, it is not comparable to any previous power level he had, he just got his powers back around that particular time. I'm saying this because you claimed "Cable's best", and that certainly wasn't.

Either way, awesome job here, keep it up.

thedailybagel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By thedailybagel  Moderator

@ghostravage: hey dude long time no see. Before I came to battleaxe with the idea I just wanted to make a respect thread for hulk after dying in civil war II so I inciuded those feats as well, I should probably specify that it’s not exactly immortal hulk though. Granted it was retconned in avengers: no surrender that Hulk has actually died a bunch of times (including the time he had a meltdown under PAD and lost his head when written by Al Ewing) but it’s always been his own power that’s brought him back, including the two revivals by the hand and hydra.

Edit: will also update the cable thing, didn’t realise how it sounded.

Virtuozzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thedailybagel: Update the Gamora thing to 5 gems too, at this point it's just triggering my OCD.

thedailybagel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 thedailybagel  Moderator
Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

@thedailybagel: Whenever you have a spare moment, there are some Immortal Hulk feats in Fantastic Four #3 you can update the thread with. Basically Hulk casually breaks into a ship the rest of the FF and extended members struggled to break into and stomped a bunch of Endlings, fodder of the main villain Griever.

thedailybagel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 thedailybagel  Moderator

@lvenger said:

@thedailybagel: Whenever you have a spare moment, there are some Immortal Hulk feats in Fantastic Four #3 you can update the thread with. Basically Hulk casually breaks into a ship the rest of the FF and extended members struggled to break into and stomped a bunch of Endlings, fodder of the main villain Griever.

Just checked it out, thanks for letting me know dude.

Avatar image for xmangog__beastx
xMangog__Beastx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nice.

thedailybagel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 thedailybagel  Moderator

updated

Battle123axe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

man, it's been a while.

Just in time for Immortal Hulk #9 too

Battle123axe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Immortal Hulk #9:

Heals instantly from Bruce being shot in the stomach and dying as soon as the sun sets.

No Caption Provided

brucerogers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Battle123axe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

thedailybagel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 thedailybagel  Moderator

@battle123axe: welcome back dude, how’d you wanna handle the two threads? I made this one seeing as you were gone for a bit and wanted to keep it fresh.

Battle123axe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Battle123axe

@thedailybagel said:

@battle123axe: welcome back dude, how’d you wanna handle the two threads? I made this one seeing as you were gone for a bit and wanted to keep it fresh.

Good to be back man, I think the old one should be let die off, it was very cluttered with a bunch of stuff unrelated to the actual RT

Kevd4wg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Battle123axe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Battle123axe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thedailybagel: Hey man, have you read the newest Immortal Hulk issue?

If so, would you say his fight and resisting getting completely drained by Red Hulk-Amped Absorbing Man for as long as he did is a good feat for him?

GreenScar1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 1

@battle123axe:

I definitely think it should be considered a major feat of resistance!

I mean, Hulk was withstanding and surviving an amplified and perfected version of the original Red Hulk's absorbing/draining power combined with the Absorbing Man's (whose power is also greatly enhanced) own immense absorbing power for an extended amount of time!

And that was when Hulk was calm and in control, not angry and growing stronger/more powerful. Thus, since he was not allowing himself to become angry and stronger in order to increase his own power & energy levels, he was unable to recuperate/recover as fast as he would when angry.

Pretty impressive if you ask me.

Battle123axe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@battle123axe:

I definitely think it should be considered a major feat of resistance!

I mean, Hulk was withstanding and surviving an amplified and perfected version of the original Red Hulk's absorbing/draining power combined with the Absorbing Man's (whose power is also greatly enhanced) own immense absorbing power for an extended amount of time!

And that was when Hulk was calm and in control, not angry and growing stronger/more powerful. Thus, since he was not allowing himself to become angry and stronger in order to increase his own power & energy levels, he was unable to recuperate/recover as fast as he would when angry.

Pretty impressive if you ask me.

True

Battle123axe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Immortal Hulk #9:

Basically blitzes Carl, ducking his ball and getting to him before he could react

Doesn't work because of Absorbing Man's Amp
Doesn't work because of Absorbing Man's Amp

*this should be under Other.

For an entire page resists Absorbing Man who's amped up on a 'perfected' version of Red Hulk's draining ability. Absorbing man's already ridiculous draining ability, including in his literal first appearance, draining Classic Savage Hulk to Banner in a single panel, combined and amplified with red hulk's also ridiculous ability, the capability to drain those like Post-Core Breach Savage Hulk, The Surfer, and more near instantly.

Immortal Hulk resists this for an entire page and still fights back, despite intentionally being in a calm state, meaning his power did not increase in response.

Though it should be noted that he's left emaciated and barely clinging on to his form, this is still ridiculously impressive

*Under Resistance

medulaoblaganda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@greenscar1990: Meaning Immortal hulk wills himself not to get Angrier the stronger he get.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c6c6de088804
deactivated-5c6c6de088804

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@battle123axe: To be fair, Silver Surfer had just gotten his powers when the Elders snatched him from the timeline and Red Hulk drained him.

No Caption Provided
Battle123axe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@battle123axe: To be fair, Silver Surfer had just gotten his powers when the Elders snatched him from the timeline and Red Hulk drained him.

No Caption Provided

that's true, but he still had ridiculous cosmic power that rulk drained, as well as rulk's other signicifant draining feats

Kevd4wg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Virtuozzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Virtuozzo

@caped_baldy: Sure but he also drained OF Thor and the Watcher, so.... Rulks broken draining ability definitely wasn't a fluke. So i don't think an even more experienced Norrin would have fared batter since he is kind of a glass cannon when it comes to draining. He even got drained by a Kree ship that failed to drain pre-core breach Hulk.

TheOriginalOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@virtuozzo: If you don't mind me asking, where did he drain OF Thor?

thedailybagel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 thedailybagel  Moderator

@theoriginalone: the first few times they fought, Thor confirmed it himself when they fought in Jeff Parker’s run and it was confirmed that he did it to uatu the watcher as well. Red hulk being OP under Loeb was pretty much retconned into him draining the shit out of everyone he fought, modok even confirmed he could’ve drained Arngir if he wanted to and won the fight but he chose not to. Rulk’s draining is really OP.

TheOriginalOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thedailybagel: Do you by chance have the scan of that where thor confirms it?

Sorry for the trouble.

Virtuozzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Virtuozzo
Avatar image for deactivated-5c6c6de088804
deactivated-5c6c6de088804

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@virtuozzo said:

@caped_baldy: Sure but he also drained OF Thor and the Watcher, so.... Rulks broken draining ability definitely wasn't a fluke. So i don't think an even more experienced Norrin would have fared batter since he is kind of a glass cannon when it comes to draining. He even got drained by a Kree ship that failed to drain pre-core breach Hulk.

Eh, i wasn't trying to downgrade Ross or anything. I agree with you on the fact that his draining abililty is insane and it is likely that he could drain more moderns versions of Surfer but going off that one from Jeph Loeb's run doesn't help much because of the surrounding context.

TheOriginalOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

medulaoblaganda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thedailybagel: I think you made context file about Redhulk draining ability. yes.

IntoTheVoid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By IntoTheVoid

@thedailybagel: Infinity Wars 6 had a nice showing with space gem Hulk, in case you missed it.