inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 324

User Lists: 12

Edited By inferiorego  Staff
No Caption Provided

Harley Quinn is kicking butt and taking names.

DC Entertainment is excited to announce the sensational debut of a brand-new, bimonthly, overstuffed, oversized team-up series! We’re calling it HARLEY’S LITTLE BLACK BOOK. (#HarleysLittleBlackBook)

While in the midst of her fantastic 6-issue team-up with Power Girl (concludes November 2015), Harley is gearing up to meet (and almost certainly annoy) the greatest heroes and villains of the DC Universe!

First up: The incredible Wonder Woman! Written by Amanda Conner and Jimmy Palmiotti with art by Amanda Conner (and a bunch of people who owe her favors), HARLEY’S LITTLE BLACK BOOK #1 hits shelves on December 2, 2015.

But that’s just the tip of this Arkham-sized iceberg! HARLEY’S LITTLE BLACK BOOK will also tie into DC Entertainment’s ongoing monthly themed variant cover program with variants for 10 of DC Comics’ most popular titles. December’s variant cover theme will be HARLEY’S LITTLE BLACK BOOK, illustrated by a murderer’s row of the industry’s most talented artists. This unprecedented collection of comics will feature more than one open-to-order variant cover per title, all of which will be shipped in opaque black polybags.

For now, we’re going to let the artists themselves steal the show. But rest assured, Harley won’t let the spotlight off of herself for long!

No Caption Provided

HARLEY’S LITTLE BLACK BOOK #1 – J. Scott Campbell

JUSTICE LEAGUE #47 – Jim Lee

JUSTICE LEAGUE OF AMERICA – Joe Madureira

THE FLASH #47 – Terry Dodson

GREEN ARROW #47 – Tim Sale

WONDER WOMAN #47 – Amanda Conner

SUPERMAN #47 – Lee Bermejo

BATMAN #47 – Alex Ross

HARLEY QUINN #23 – Bruce Timm

GREEN LANTERN #47 – Darwyn Cooke

These HARLEY’S LITTLE BLACK BOOK variants are the latest in a variety of monthly themes.

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 64

This is cool. Still kinda wish they wold reveal a Posion Ivy ongoing book.

kivatt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By kivatt

But what about Vibe, Blue Beetle, Shazam, A second Wonder Woman book with a better cast, Zatanna, Vixen, JLD, Black Lightning, literally anything else would have been better

Sovereign91001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Incoming salt.

RDClip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Harley is the new female Batman. Soon, she too will have a billion books.

Batman3000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

Happy to see jimmlee doing something for Justice League but my excitement is over 9000 for Alex Ross with Batman. Also BRUCE TIMM THE CREATOR OF HARLEY! HIS HARLEY QUINN IS ABOVE ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!

kivatt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By kivatt

@teerack said:

She is already getting a Mini-Series.

DC needs to stop giving Bat-characters books, and realize that they have a large array of different character they can use.

This shit is annoying,

Surza7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

More Harley Quinn? Yes,YES please! love Harley Quinn and Powergirl and especially Starfire!

TheDJRedVelvet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sounds like it would be fun. Still....."little black book"? That's almost as dated as a pager.

Titanbreaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@kivatt said:

But what about Vibe, Blue Beetle, Shazam, A second Wonder Woman book with a better cast, Zatanna, Vixen, JLD, Black Lightning, literally anything else would have been better

Sorry DC fans but those wonderful characters will remain on their shelves collecting dust cause Harley brings in the $ and at DC that is all that matters. AND IT P***ES ME OFF!

Surza7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kivatt: just don't buy it,if it isnt for you,it isnt for you,but other people will enjoy it im sure.She is her own character and I wouldn't call her a Bat character,cause she isn't Batman she is Harley Quinn,yea she is part of his mythos,but she isn't him.I don't get the reason as to be pissed about this,she is a pretty popular character and if the story is great,awesome! I don't think DC needs to stop it,and yea DC above anyone else knows the characters they have,but the thing is you need creative teams that want to do those stories,and even then if they do their story off a different character,if it doesnt sell and gets canned,people get mad.

emers109

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

kivatt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@surza7 said:

@kivatt: just don't buy it,if it isnt for you,it isnt for you,but other people will enjoy it im sure.She is her own character and I wouldn't call her a Bat character,cause she isn't Batman she is Harley Quinn,yea she is part of his mythos,but she isn't him.I don't get the reason as to be pissed about this,she is a pretty popular character and if the story is great,awesome! I don't think DC needs to stop it,and yea DC above anyone else knows the characters they have,but the thing is you need creative teams that want to do those stories,and even then if they do their story off a different character,if it doesnt sell and gets canned,people get mad.

I'm not going to buy it. I am mad because more and more Batman-related book are being pushed out, while you have different characters, and different mythos that you can use. Why is there only one Wonder Woman comic book in print right now, when she is apart of the trinity. Why do you have no Superboy or Supergirl book. What about what has been done to the Flash Family. DC is only caring about Batman related stuff, when that is not all they have. It honestly gives people no reason to want to even be interested in their Comics when they know their favorite character won't even get a solo.

@kivatt said:

Sorry DC fans but those wonderful characters will remain on their shelves collecting dust cause Harley brings in the $ and at DC that is all that matters. AND IT P***ES ME OFF!

DC is basically saying:"Hey other fans, just stick to back issues"

Avatar image for earthsmightiest
EarthsMightiest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So when will Harley be joining the Justice League???

Avatar image for captainmarvel4ever
CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

...! WHAT THE SH!T, ALEX ROSS?!

Oh even cooler, a Darwyn Cooke GL cover. I can already tell that one's going up on the wall.

@kivatt: Nobody want's a Captain Marvel book right now (unless it takes place on Earth-5) until DC fixes him.

Also Vibe already got a book, it was awesome, but sadly nobody bought it. I'd say it's defiantly worth picking up a trade though. JLD is temporarily suspended (at least hopefully it's temporary), there was an issue with the new creative team and the book had to be pushed back.

@teerack: She's getting a mini series, besides there's not really enough to her character to sustain a full ongoing series.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 the_stegman  Moderator

Lol at the haters. She's popular, of course DC will give her more spotlight.

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By dondave

@kivatt said:

Why would they choose to continue a product that isn't selling well? 4 of those comics were given a chance and they failed to generate sustainable interest.

kivatt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@captainmarvel4ever: Put the right creative team on Captain Marvel, and I bet people would like it. But DC won't even try. That's the annoying part

Vibe and Blue Beetle were both good. But they never were shown any love, and once their series ended, you never saw them again.

Suicide Squad, the piece of steaming pile of crap that it is got canned, and now look at it. Right back on the selves, still being trash

kivatt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dondave said:
@titanbreaker said:
@kivatt said:

Why would they choose to continue a product that isn't selling well? 4 of those comics were given a chance and they failed to generate sustainable interest.

If you look at the books, DC has never marketed them in the right way that they deserved, When you put out a book, but don't generate any public interest, of course it is not going to do so well with sales.

G-Dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Can't wait to see Margot Robbie as Harley Quinn

CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kivatt: Well I think the thing with Captain Marvel that DC is struggling with is that WB really wants them to push the dark gritty realistic version from the New 52 since that's what the movie will most likely be based on. However I think DC is also aware a lot of people absolutely hate that version of that character, and not as many like it as they want. While conversely books like Thunderworld and his Convergence book which featured a much truer version of the character were both met with extremely positive reception.

I think Vibe is probably going to return around the time Cisco get's his powers in the show. I certainly hope so because I'd love to see him again, maybe as a supporting character in the Flash (or possibly in a reboot of Justice League Detroit).

Yeah it's trash and it still is trash, but it's getting a movie so I get why it was revived. I don't like it, but at least there's a reason.

Sigh... looking at this reply makes me feel really bad about how the current state of comics is so controlled by today's TV shows and movies.

kivatt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By kivatt

@captainmarvel4ever:YOu can always retcon stuff in the comics. I don't see why they can't do that. It would make better sense for them to do than than an Earth 5. Which don't get me wrong would be good, but I would like to have the "realer"(original version) in the main universe, and have him interact with the other heroes.

Honestly, Cisco might become Vibe in like Season 3, and I would hate it is they modeled Vibe after the TV version. Because that version seriously annoys the crap out of me. Almost everyone on the show annoys me. I loved the comic version. He was amazing. The sad thing is, no one knows where he is. After Trinity War he just disappeared, into the zone for characters DC stops caring about. I really hope he gets brought back soon, in maybe like JLU.

Supergirl is getting her own TV show, in about a month, and no solo. What is going on there?

I'm a Wally West fan I feel you on the depression of comics being so influenced by TV and Movies. It upsets me on a spiritual level.

Titanbreaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dondave: DC seems to have a circle effect, things like Suicide Squad and Teen Titans were not doing to well and were relaunched with new writers and new concepts. Now one could argue they had their chance and something new should get a shot. But no that did not happen. My anger here is Harley has a solo, she is having a team up mini series too. She also gets specials at every event/calendar date such as her valentine special, her comic con special ect.

Now she is getting a new series with her teaming up with many different members of the DC universe. That to me seems unfair, she has a well selling solo, she has event issues putting her out there even more. She is having a duo comic what more can a Harely fan ask for? but now she is getting another book?

While there are so many core DC characters not getting exposure?

Maybe if they announced a blue beetle book at the same time as this, maybe if they revealed 3 new mini series showing of diverse characters of DC's vast library of choice this news would not have angered me. I may even go well that makes sense because what I want to see is happening. Instead we are seeing Harley get the bat treatment were she soon may be appearing in everything and anything because she sells, not because it fits the story or the writer wanted this. It only is done to spread the Harley and guarantee that slight cash increase.

Titanbreaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kivatt said:
@dondave said:
@titanbreaker said:
@kivatt said:

If you look at the books, DC has never marketed them in the right way that they deserved, When you put out a book, but don't generate any public interest, of course it is not going to do so well with sales.

This! ^ But somehow that is my fault the consumer for not caring. I cannot know anything about a book if I am not told about the book. When the new 52/DCYOU line up was announced I remember everyone promoting We are Robin and wanting to know more about it, other books like Starfire and Martian Manhunter and later Dr. Fate all books I was personally interested in were given no spotlight/focus and were mentioned in passing.

Then when these books do not his those same sales as We are Robin it is used as an example that people like this one thing and that all books should try to be more like it, because they sell. It is a cycle of madness that can make one tear the hair from there head.

John-PH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By John-PH

Love that cover

Avatar image for midnightdragon18
midnightdragon18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No thank you i wanted to read joke comic books i'd read marvel

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 12

I expect a lot of questions about her and Clark during this team up... dirty questions.

CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kivatt:Oh I know, and that's what I'd like to see, some crazy and over the top fix that could only exist in comics. The issue is that DC may not be able to get rid of New 52 Cap. I'd also love an Earth-5 book, have Jeff Parker write it, and Doc Shaner draw it.

I like him, but I can see why others would not. Not sure how I'd feel about them adapting some of that version of the character's personality on to the comics version. Also I'm sure he disappeared into the Multiverse or something considering how his powers work, and considering he's on TV right now I'm willing to bet DC still has an interest in the character's future.

Chances are her book was canceled because she's getting a show, it was canceled out of nowhere, and DC already confirmed it's coming back. Most likely it's going to be more like the show. I'm fine with that so long as they keep the excellent writing it had right before cancellation.

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By dondave

Maybe if they announced a blue beetle book at the same time as this, maybe if they revealed 3 new mini series showing of diverse characters of DC's vast library of choice this news would not have angered me. I may even go well that makes sense because what I want to see is happening. Instead we are seeing Harley get the bat treatment were she soon may be appearing in everything and anything because she sells, not because it fits the story or the writer wanted this. It only is done to spread the Harley and guarantee that slight cash increase.

DC lost $2 Million this year, they have to go with whatever sells well. This could be an oppurtunity for lesser known charaters as well. Once the book goes through the A-Listers, C-Listers like Vibe and Blue Beetle could show up in it.

DC is giving miniseries a chance. They recently announced that Posion Ivy, Katana, Firestorm, Swamp Thing are geetting the miniseries treatment next year.

Mfundroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I love Harley Quinn and all, I really do, but this is getting a bit much now. I'd love to see a Vixen monthly comic book series. Oh well, go Harley Quinn I guess...

omarthmainman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I was thinking about this just this morning and boom!!!! I was also thinking how harley is now getting dead pool like stories. It's too much but it depends. If it wasn't harley it probably would have been batman. Wish it was deathstroke! DC needs more wildstorm and milestone characters in books. Hopefully that happens 2016!!!!!

vddv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By vddv

Just now reading Harley Quinn Road Trip Special.

On page 7 Poison Ivy says, "When in the history of man have the rich been interested in helping their fellow man? If that were true, there would be solar panels everywhere."

Where to begin? Okay, first, the rich do not get rich by throwing away their money. Solar panels are inefficient. So, it would be stupid for the rich to try to put a solar panel everywhere. The rich do help the whole of society by raising the living standards of all.

Second, the rich got to be rich by hard work, daring to take risk, and usually sacrificing their private lives. It is inexcusable to use envy to vilify the rich. It's Hitlerian or should I say Stalinist to think it's acceptable to take from the rich because the takers are too lazy and stupid to get rich themselves.

So, who are the evil ones? Not the rich. It's those who spread envy and hatred of the successful. And, what's even worse, is that those who believe that, think they're the good guys.

To put it in comic book terms, those who hate the rich think they're Batman, when in actuality, they're the Joker.

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Wow the hate and the jealously though.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d3f071d30d9f
deactivated-5d3f071d30d9f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

@teerack: She will have a miniseries on january

Mark_Stephen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Looks fun.

OB1ON3R

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Man they should charge 3.99 just to read all these comments.love you Harley!happy birthday tomorrow!

Avatar image for handofprometheus
HandOfPrometheus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kivatt said:
@teerack said:

DC needs to stop giving Bat-characters books, and realize that they have a large array of different character they can use.

This shit is annoying,

Yet when they do no one buys them.

kivatt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lukehero said:

Wow the hate and the jealously though.

It's mainly annoyance and frustration that DC will do anything to make Batman related things bigger. But when it comes to their other properties they do nothing.

Why do you think Milestone was forced to come back and "breakoff" from DC and take control of their property. It's because they knew that DC would not do anything for their characters.

That's what's happening to Wildstorm, and it is essentially dead. Except for Midnighter

CrystalMaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kivatt: at least Wally's ruination of character is on Vindeti, I'm really hoping the show nails his character as a big Middle finger to the conic

Surza7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lukehero: just seems like a bit of Bitterness and or resentment towards DC,but eh,can't please everyone.

Mark_Stephen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Will Diana have amnesia like Power Girl did? Probably not, but it should be interesting to see how they puncture a bit of Diana's character with Harley's insanity.

GraniteSoldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

I think I'll check this out. Harley has really grown on me the last year and she's become one of my more favorite Bat characters.

Surprised at the level of hate.

kivatt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kivatt said:
@teerack said:

This shit is annoying,

Yet when they do no one buys them.

How do you expect people to buy something, when you don't give them a reason to buy it in the first place.

If you don't generate public interest, your product will not sell well.

CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@crystalmaster said:

@kivatt: at least Wally's ruination of character is on Vindeti, I'm really hoping the show nails his character as a big Middle finger to the conic

Or more likely (and again I think ruin is a premature term) that was part of the CW's influence. Venditti is a great writer, and someone who really gets the characters he writes.

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kivatt: I never was a Wildstorm guy, and from Milestone I only liked Icon. Although I did like the Static Shock cartoon. :D

I think I'll check this out. Harley has really grown on me the last year and she's become one of my more favorite Bat characters.

Surprised at the level of hate.

Seems to be more anti batman jealously.

@surza7 said:

@lukehero: just seems like a bit of Bitterness and or resentment towards DC,but eh,can't please everyone.

Really, cause a lot of these people that are pouring in the salt here are DC fans. Seems the hate is more Batman related, and jealous that their favorite DC characters are not being used more.

Surza7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lukehero: yea, you can be a DC fan and still bitter and mad about stuff.I know people hate Batman as much as they do John Cena, but seems that no matter what book it is, if it has to do with Gotham or any character within the Batman mythos people dont like it , and im talking about the vocal.I would think its awesome we are getting more comics with different tones, female and male leads.

TheBlackHood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wow the amount of angst in here is off the charts. Harley sells, which is why she is getting a second book, period. There is no grand conspiracy in comics to keep down the low tier characters, if people bought Voodoo, Grifter, Animal Man, Swamp Thing, or Booster Gold; they would still have books. Suicide Squad and Teen Titans continue to get books because DC has a low number of team books. And in the case of Suicide Squad, there is a film coming out. I tend to prefer the way DC does things with trying regular series with less known properties rather than having every book relaunch every 12-20 months like Marvel. I've started buying a ton of trades and DC is a ton easier to collect than Marvel for that reason.

GraniteSoldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

@lukehero: I'm a Bat fan and a fan of other DC characters like Black Canary and Green Lantern but we as fans need to be real: the actual sale of comics isn't the most profitable it's been so companies are going to publish what is going to sell.

Was I happy when Marvel cancelled Agent Venom and Scarlet Spider? Sh*t no, but I understood why. I'm sure Marvel and DC would love to publish every hero they have. Really, why wouldn't they? But when you are trying to make a profit and need to be concerned about paying employees and production overhead, something has to get cut.

I know you know all this, but it's just baffling to me. I understand being upset your favorite character gets cancelled, but is that really a reason to throw salt at what is more popular?

I'm not a Deadpool fan but I don't throw salt at him for all the attention Marvel gives him.

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@surza7: Honestly outside of "battle board" logic, I see most of the hate for Batman & Batman related thing come from other DC fans. Like there is a story out there now Batman v Superman is going to feature more Batman than Superman, so now there is a wave of hate.

@theblackhood: Marvel Unlimited $9 a month should solve that problem? No? I go back and read a lot of old series that way. I really wish DC would do a similar deal.

judasnixon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Some of these comments are hilarious...... So many angry nerds.