do you think goku is the best shonen fighter?

mrx1122

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

do you?

TheDeathstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes.

mrx1122

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TheDeathstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By TheDeathstar

@mrx1122 said:
@thedeathstar said:

Yes.

reasons?

Because no one in shonen showed the near as skills Goku has when he was just a kid and surpassed a 340+ year Martial Arts Legend, Roshi. His whole life was devoted to him just training each day and every day even with the Gods and Angels who got over 100 million years of experience. Not to mention how complex prediction he can make which even counters a time hax and how he achieved an ultimate fighting state where his body moves on its own.

mrx1122

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump

mrx1122

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

bump

Zokologue3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nope, there are millions of characters stronger than him.

mrx1122

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By mrx1122

@zokologue3 said:

you do realise i really meant fighter right?since 99.999999999999% of those other millions characters are mostly likely not martial arts fighter

Royal_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mrx1122: ignore him, he just posts GiFs, Memes and baits all users in DB threads

mrx1122

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mrx1122: ignore him, he just posts GiFs, Memes and baits all users in DB threads

yeah i know.i was just telling him in case he wasn't aware

Thekillerklok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Thekillerklok
Loading Video...
Loading Video...

I have a different vote.

jashugan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#13  Edited By jashugan

most likely not. A good fighter would be smarter than keeping their guard down in a life & death fight.

yeimsick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Martial arts hasn't played a part in dragon ball in a very long time, Goku won almost all of his battle through the use of energy blast and power ups.

Shichika Yasuri from Katanagatari is the best the martial artist IMO.

mrx1122

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@yeimsick: this isn't just about martial arts we can't apply the concept of a martial art fighter in real life to a fictional one.since in fiction we have stuff like goku instincts and him being able to learn other abilities fast.and also goku due to him being a saiyan has a barbaric fighting nature.its not just about martial art skills,its also about the nature of the fighter.

jashugan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@mrx1122: But Dragon Ball was using real martial arts back then and now it's just energy blasts

mrx1122

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By mrx1122

@jashugan said:

@mrx1122: But Dragon Ball was using real martial arts back then and now it's just energy blasts

i know, my point was that its also nature and instinct that makes a fighter not just martial arts.for example who do you think will win,a man that watches tv all day for a year or a man that has been living in the wood all day for a year...despite both of them being the same strength and have the same skills.(we are assuming they are the same strength here and have the same skills)

it will be obvious the man who lived in the wood for a year would win due to being more wild.now you get what i mean by instinct and nature also makes up a fighter

TheDeathstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By TheDeathstar

Ultra Instinct is the top level thing any Martial Artist can achieve, nothing beats that on an equal stat, H2H. To answer the thread. Yes, he is. Even without Mastery of Self-Movement, he has exceptionally Mastered Martial Artist fighting experience and even fought on levels with GoDs who lived for more than 100 million years and achieved something they couldn't.

mrx1122

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ultra Instinct is the top level thing any Martial Artist can achieve, nothing beats that on an equal stat, H2H. To answer the thread. Yes, he is. Even without Mastery of Self-Movement, he has exceptionally Mastered Martial Artist fighting experience.

ultra instinct is more of an ability similar to how kaioken is an ability.so i don't think you can count this

TheDeathstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By TheDeathstar

@mrx1122 said:
@thedeathstar said:

Ultra Instinct is the top level thing any Martial Artist can achieve, nothing beats that on an equal stat, H2H. To answer the thread. Yes, he is. Even without Mastery of Self-Movement, he has exceptionally Mastered Martial Artist fighting experience.

ultra instinct is more of an ability similar to how kaioken is an ability.so i don't think you can count this

True but its still Martial Arts regardless, like a state of Nirvana. There's a reason its called Mastery of Self-Movement and its something Bruce Lee used to talk about.

mrx1122

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By mrx1122

@mrx1122 said:
@thedeathstar said:

True but its still Martial Arts regardless, like a state of Nirvana. There's a reason its called Mastery of Self-Movement and its something Bruce Lee used to talk about.

i don't think we can count ultra instinct as that though.ultra instinct is more like a dormant power where goku taps into

TheDeathstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mrx1122 said:
@thedeathstar said:
@mrx1122 said:
@thedeathstar said:

i don't think we can count ultra instinct as that though.ultra instinct is more like a dormant power where goku taps into

Ultra Instinct comes with "Omen" thats the form Goku has. Ultra Instinct is a state of being that comes with the transformation.

mrx1122

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mrx1122 said:
@thedeathstar said:
@mrx1122 said:
@thedeathstar said:

Ultra Instinct comes with "Omen" thats the form Goku has. Ultra Instinct is a state of being that comes with the transformation.

ok maybe you are right then

mrx1122

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thedeathstar: also reply to my other comment on the other thread

Thekillerklok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ultra Instinct is the top level thing any Martial Artist can achieve, nothing beats that on an equal stat, H2H. To answer the thread. Yes, he is. Even without Mastery of Self-Movement, he has exceptionally Mastered Martial Artist fighting experience and even fought on levels with GoDs who lived for more than 100 million years and achieved something they couldn't.

Meng Hao's Life exterminating fist seems like a good counter that that argument.

because as absurd as that is, it's a martial skill that uses the fleshy body instead of ones cultivation.

mrx1122

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thedeathstar said:

Meng Hao's Life exterminating fist seems like a good counter that that argument.

because as absurd as that is, it's a martial skill that uses the fleshy body instead of ones cultivation.

can you post a scan of it

Thekillerklok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mrx1122:

First fist, Life-Extermination Fist!” the old man said coolly. Then, he slowly lifted his hand up and clenching it tight. It seemed like an ordinary fist, except that he placed his thumb between his middle and ring fingers. It poked out just a little bit, creating a small point of invulnerability!

As he punched, it was clear that there was no magical technique involved. However, a massive wind blasted out, so icy cold that it seemed to be a wind of total annihilation. As soon as the wind began to blow, the entire world turn gray, as if the fist could extinguish all life in the entire world.

Meng Hao even felt the flame of his life force flickering on the point of extinguishing thanks to the profundity of the fist. His heart trembled, and he suddenly had the feeling that if a planet were struck by this fist, all living things on it would die!

An extermination of life!

This was the Life-Extermination Fist!

TheDeathstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By TheDeathstar

@thekillerklok said:
@thedeathstar said:

As far as I am aware I don't think it is related to the thread since it's not even Shonen. Though I am not sure. Some air pressure attacks can easily be avoided via UI. Even Goku used to do that in Dragon Ball alone.

mrx1122

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By mrx1122

@thekillerklok said:

@mrx1122:

First fist, Life-Extermination Fist!” the old man said coolly. Then, he slowly lifted his hand up and clenching it tight. It seemed like an ordinary fist, except that he placed his thumb between his middle and ring fingers. It poked out just a little bit, creating a small point of invulnerability!

As he punched, it was clear that there was no magical technique involved. However, a massive wind blasted out, so icy cold that it seemed to be a wind of total annihilation. As soon as the wind began to blow, the entire world turn gray, as if the fist could extinguish all life in the entire world.

Meng Hao even felt the flame of his life force flickering on the point of extinguishing thanks to the profundity of the fist. His heart trembled, and he suddenly had the feeling that if a planet were struck by this fist, all living things on it would die!

An extermination of life!

This was the Life-Extermination Fist!

that doesn't sound like a martial art skill.that sounds more like a hax to me...also there are no scan or what?

Thekillerklok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thedeathstar: shonen is a Demographic.

if you are referring to only anime or manga that should be clarified.

Thekillerklok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

SeaGod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nope not by a long shot I mean most martial arts Mangas have characters with better skills.

mrx1122

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By mrx1122

@seagod said:

Nope not by a long shot I mean most martial arts Mangas have characters with better skills.

i will repeat it again martial arts isn't the only thing that makes someone a good fighter.besides with ultrainstinct goku is probably one of the best fighter if not the best

SeaGod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mrx1122: not really it isn't exactly a new concept. Ultra Instinct like abilities have been used before.

mrx1122

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@seagod said:

@mrx1122: not really it isn't exactly a new concept. Ultra Instinct like abilities have been used before.

but no one has used it on this lv.just because others has used it before doesn't mean they have done so on this lv

SeaGod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

mrx1122

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@seagod: wait what?what i said has nothing to do with being high tier or not.i just mean no one has used ultra instinct with that much skill.thats all.for example there are diffrent type of lvs of karate just like there are different lv of ultra instinct.

SeaGod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mrx1122: can you honestly say that though without having seen/read the entirety of fiction?

mrx1122

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@seagod: of course not but am just giving a guess.goku is obviously up there among the best in fiction.he most likely isn't the best obviously

SeaGod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mrx1122: Goku struggles with people similar in stats but less skilled while other fictional martial artists can beat skilled stronger individuals with being more skilled than them.

mrx1122

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@seagod: not anymore with ultra instinct goku closed that skill gap.he beat people much stronger than him like kefla

Zokologue3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Zokologue3

@mrx1122 said:
said:

you do realise i really meant fighter right?since 99.999999999999% of those other millions characters are mostly likely not martial arts fighter

Yeah i know what you meant, i used the word "stronger" because of my poor english skill. English is not my native language.

And can give you a lot of examples of fighte more skilled than him:

-Kenshiro, everybody knows him

-Ranma 1/2 (mastered a hundreds of years techniques in a few days)

-Gon is a better martial artist than kid goku

-Saitama, learned martial arts and became this strong in a very short time

-Ippo

..etc

mrx1122

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zokologue3: goku is faaaar ahead all those people as a fighter now due to him having ultra instinct.with ultrainstinct goku could take on all of these guys at the same time in equalized stats

Zokologue3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mrx1122 said:

goku is faaaar ahead all those people as a fighter now due to him having ultra instinct.with ultrainstinct goku could take on all of these guys at the same time in equalized stats

I was talking about skill: About the way they fight, their mastery of martial arts, how did they grow this strong...etc

And i don't thinkg UI goku can take on Musou Tensei Kenshiro or even saitama, but this one is debatable.

ArtThief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No.

Zokologue3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Zokologue3

@royal_warrior said:

Let's be honest.

People hates me just because i don't like dragon ball as much as they do, also the only one i've ever baited was another baiter called White_Doge

The only community i've ever enountered a problem with is the dragon ball community, whom i belong. If the dragon ball fans hate each others, than i can't imagine how they act with other communities. No wonder they have such a bad reputation.

Also, you are not a good position of calling someone a baiter, since you do it quite a lot in dragon ball threads. You provoke others, and you don't even try to hide it. Just recently you've posted this:

who's alt are you? Triggered ya see? Two posts in a row at me

Your Lucky DB was a thing because lowly SS wouldn't be around today, sub par anime can't be compared to a world wide known king of Anime

In this thread: https://comicvine.gamespot.com/dragon-ball-universe/4015-56629/forums/can-you-show-me-scans-of-seiya-characters-ever-bus-1929530/?page=2

When i challenge people on a dragon ball thread, i do it without the intention of triggering them.

It's quite sad to hate on somebody because they have different opinions from ours. If i would ever meet one of you, IRL, i would invite you to take a drink with me. I don't hate any of you, i don't know you.

Thedarkpaladin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Thedarkpaladin

Goku's technical martial arts skill isn't even very good, tbf.

Thekillerklok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If you limit the demographic "Shonen" or boys media to only mean Anime or Manga, Then probably not.

If you extend that out into novels, there are various Xianxia characters that when you judge goku by comparison he would be found wanting.

Avatar image for masterskywalker
MasterSkywalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Goku's technical martial arts skill isn't even very good, tbf.

Yeah. You'd be better off getting more martial arts skill out of someone with Parkinson's than Goku of all people.