• 66 results
Posted by modernww2fare (6889 posts) 8 days, 2 hours ago

Poll: Zod vs Thanos: Who was more justified? (63 votes)

Zod 54%
Thanos 46%
No Caption Provided

#1 Posted by Tyger (308 posts) - - Show Bio

Neither.

#2 Edited by Mister_Surreal (6203 posts) - - Show Bio

They’re both dumb@sses. Thanos’ plan doesn’t make sense when you question the logic for about 10 seconds and General Zod could have terraformed Mars. But I would say that Thanos was slightly less jerky because he wasn’t as selfish as Zod. There is also the fact that he really did have good motivation whereas General Zod is just straight up evil. Did I justify mass genicide right now?

#3 Posted by kgb725 (17937 posts) - - Show Bio

@mister_surreal: Thanos said he did have success previously. I think there is no simple solution to what he tried to do though

#4 Posted by kgb725 (17937 posts) - - Show Bio

Overpopulation would be a big concern across the universe so Thanos plan makes some sense.

Zod had no reason to terraform the Earth or to commit a global extinction level event other than he missed his home

#5 Posted by Mister_Surreal (6203 posts) - - Show Bio

@kgb725: He could have created more resources...

Avatar image for firestarlord73194
#6 Posted by FireStarLord73194 (4253 posts) - - Show Bio

Zod wanted revenge which makes more sense then wanting to kill half the universe to conserve supplies when you have an item that can just make more supplies

#7 Edited by jashro44 (51820 posts) - - Show Bio

Neither were justified.

#8 Posted by DammeFavour (8042 posts) - - Show Bio

Zod was more justified. Their world engine wasn't magic, it needed a foundation, something mars doesn't have

#9 Edited by mrmonster (13598 posts) - - Show Bio

Neither was truly justifiable, but Thanos was slightly more so.

Zod's plan was pure selfishness. He was going to kill billions of humans and trillions of non-human animals just to clone people who already died. It wasn't for the greater good of anything, it was for the good of his species and nothing more.

Now, that is not to say that Thanos' plan could be justified either. His plan was senseless genocide that would cause chaos and the complete collapse of social order among every society in the universe, all for what, so that we'd temporarily be able to give better food rations? And that's not even including the fact that he Thanos' obviously could've just doubled the universe's resources.

All I'm saying is that he was more justifiable than Zod.

#10 Posted by Kevd4wg (11754 posts) - - Show Bio

Neither were justified, but Thanos's intentions were better

#11 Posted by MAZAHS117 (11831 posts) - - Show Bio
#12 Edited by adamTRMM (8747 posts) - - Show Bio

Neither, but consider this - in a war for survival, you would totally want a Zod on your side.

About selfishness, both are unreasonable, but Zod fought for the revival of his kind. Thanos fought to simply satisfy his madness.

#13 Posted by phisigmatau (989 posts) - - Show Bio
#14 Posted by jayc1324 (26289 posts) - - Show Bio

They are both idiots.

But I will say that Thanos did view himself as a savior of sorts, Zod just wanted to kill people for his own selfish reasons.

#15 Posted by MetalJimmor (5951 posts) - - Show Bio

It is hard to argue one way or another. Zod was more reasonable given he was fighting for the salvation of his people, which in turn was his entire reason for being. Zod didn't have choices, not really. He was formed from birth with this singular purpose.

Thanos is more altruistic, but he also... He had choices. A lot of them. In his madness he decided he had only one choice, which was a massive scale purge of all life in the universe. Indiscriminate and thus fair to an extent, but also without actually weighing the issue against each species and their specific needs. He tried to solve a problem that had unique circumstance to trillions of species with a blanket fix, which probably caused more harm than good.

I would say Zod is more justified ultimately. Purely because Thanos' goals fall a part under any kind of scrutiny. He has good reason to want to fix the problem, but he's going about it in an incredibly short sighted way.

#16 Edited by Yassassin (7438 posts) - - Show Bio

Both had other options they could have easily exploited.

#17 Posted by jashro44 (51820 posts) - - Show Bio

@jayc1324 said:

They are both idiots.

But I will say that Thanos did view himself as a savior of sorts, Zod just wanted to kill people for his own selfish reasons.

I don't know if I agree. I edited my initial comment where I said similar because Zod viewed himself as the savior of krypton.

#18 Posted by jayc1324 (26289 posts) - - Show Bio

@jashro44 said:
@jayc1324 said:

They are both idiots.

I don't know if I agree. I edited my initial comment where I said similar because Zod viewed himself as the savior of krypton.

that's still kind of selfish. Thanos was trying to help everyone, even though it cost him his favorite daughter. According to him, it cost him "everything".

#19 Posted by SaintWildcard (21592 posts) - - Show Bio

@jayc1324: selfish to care for his people more than others? Don't think you know the definition of selfish dude

#20 Posted by jashro44 (51820 posts) - - Show Bio
#21 Posted by RandomGuy287 (76 posts) - - Show Bio
#22 Posted by Hemehero (1259 posts) - - Show Bio

People keep saying that Zod could've inhabited Mars instead, but he couldn't have. If he terraformed it, then the Kryptonians would no longer have their abilities, and this would mean that they would die out as Mars does not have a sustainable atmosphere and it is too far from the sun. Still, Zod was more justified than Thanos.

#23 Posted by ReaperTheGrim (974 posts) - - Show Bio

Both used bad reasoning to try kill masses of people, only diffrence is the scale, in which thanos is worse for killing half the universe.

#24 Posted by jayc1324 (26289 posts) - - Show Bio

@jayc1324: selfish to care for his people more than others? Don't think you know the definition of selfish dude

He wanted to kill 8 billion people for his own personal gain. Dude was a war criminal on Krypton, and he sacrificed nothing for his quest unlike Thanos. maybe its you

#25 Posted by SaintWildcard (21592 posts) - - Show Bio

@jayc1324 said:
@saintwildcard said:

He wanted to kill 8 billion people for his own personal gain. Dude was a war criminal on Krypton, and he sacrificed nothing for his quest unlike Thanos. maybe its you

Crossed all the wrong parts

1- If a chief goes to war to kill a tribe to save his people, that's not personal gain. He does it for his people. You have to really bend over backwards to make such a weird statement. He literally states that he didn't want his people to suffer what Kal-El did with the sun.

2- You simplified everything that happened and took away all nuance. Good job. For this point to stand you have to ignore all the actions of Krypton that led to it's death.

3- This point may stand up had your warped view of Zod stood, but you were wrong on your first two points.

Here's the definition of Selfish.

-(of a person, action, or motive) lacking consideration for others; concerned chiefly with one's own personal profit or pleasure.

Even if you focus only on the first part of that, you'd still be wrong since he cared about the well being of his people. So you know... you're wrong.

#26 Posted by jayc1324 (26289 posts) - - Show Bio

@jayc1324 said:
@saintwildcard said:

1- If a chief

zod is not a chief

goes to war

murders 8 billion innocents in cold blood

to kill a tribe to save his people, that's not personal gain. He does it for his people.

his people are already gone

You have to really bend over backwards to make such a weird statement.

nah. everything you said has been wrong so far

He literally states that he didn't want his people to suffer what Kal-El did with the sun.

good for him

-(of a person, action, or motive) lacking consideration for others; concerned chiefly with one's own personal profit or pleasure.

Even if you focus only on the first part of that, you'd still be wrong since he cared about the well being of his people. So you know... you're wrong.

him caring about the well being of his people is irrelevant. his reasoning for killing 8 billion people is for his own benefit/gain. He is only concerned with his own goals, not with what anyone else wants. Thanos gets nothing out of what he did, it only serves to help others

#27 Edited by SaintWildcard (21592 posts) - - Show Bio

@jayc1324 said:
@saintwildcard said:

1- If a chief

zod is not a chief

goes to war

to kill a tribe to save his people, that's not personal gain. He does it for his people.

He literally states that he didn't want his people to suffer what Kal-El did with the sun.

good for him

him caring about the well being of his people is irrelevant. his reasoning for killing 8 billion people is for his own benefit/gain. He is only concerned with his own goals, not with what anyone else wants. Thanos gets nothing out of what he did, it only serves to help others

A chief and an general are essentially the same thing. YOu're splitting hairs

Right... cus war tends to be happy fun go times. Even so, it's why he's doing what he's going to do that matters, emotion doesn't factor into this

Not really. His planet is gone. His people are his crew , Clark's blood and a machine. Did you learn nothing from Thor Ragnarok?

Your rebuttal was garbage

Way to dodge a point

So you want me to ignore a huge part of his character that shows that he cares about his people so you can make a dumb argument? No, I don't think I will.

#28 Edited by jayc1324 (26289 posts) - - Show Bio

@saintwildcard said:
@jayc1324 said:
@saintwildcard said:

1- If a chief

zod is not a chief

goes to war

good for him

A chief and an general are essentially the same thing. YOu're splitting hairs

say what you mean

Right... cus war tends to be happy fun go times. Even so, it's why he's doing what he's going to do that matters, emotion doesn't factor into this

the "why" is a selfish reason

Not really. His planet is gone. His people are his crew , Clark's blood and a machine. Did you learn nothing from Thor Ragnarok?

Your rebuttal was garbage

good one, you got me there

Way to dodge a point

what point

So you want me to ignore a huge part of his character that shows that he cares about his people so you can make a dumb argument? No, I don't think I will.

no one said he didn't care about his people. that is irrelevant. which i already told you. his reasoning for killing earth is to benefit himself, not others. he wants to do it because it will achieve his own personal goals. he is not willing to sacrifice anything. thanos does what he does to help the entire universe, in his mind, and he sacrificed everything for it.

if you still don't agree that is fine, i have said all my thoughts on this.

#29 Posted by Aka_aka_aka_ak (2752 posts) - - Show Bio

Zod's was totally justified, Thanos' was really abitrary

#30 Edited by Vulkanian (516 posts) - - Show Bio

Zod could of terraformed Mars, avoided all conflict, and saved his race. Instead, he went to Earth because dumb plot.

Thanos’s reasoning at least makes sense, even if flawed.

Avatar image for ready_4_madness
#31 Edited by Ready_4_Madness (14287 posts) - - Show Bio

@vulkanian: he went to earth because the codex was on earth.

Thanos just woke up one day and decided it was his job to kill half of the universe.

#32 Posted by Heatforce (5508 posts) - - Show Bio

@kgb725: @mister_surreal:

Zod could of terraformed Mars, avoided all conflict, and saved his race. Instead, he went to Earth because dumb plot.

Thanos’s reasoning at least makes sense, even if flawed.

Zod was a bioengineered zelot who only cared about Kryptonians. Why do you think he would care about earthlings? In his eyes, humans gave refuge to a child he considers an abomination. Not caring about humans isn't dumb, it's evil.

On topic: neither are justified.

#33 Edited by Mister_Surreal (6203 posts) - - Show Bio

@heatforce: I know he is evil, he would kill an entire planet just to resurrect his species.

#34 Posted by Akhilxcx (15 posts) - - Show Bio

zod made more sense as he was fighting for survival of kryptonians and would have built a new home for his fellow kryptonians those that were left. everything that thanos did made no sense at all.he gave mind stone to loki just to get space stone. after 6 years he realized he has nothing left so he gets of his ass and start collecting them.also why did thanos think universe has an over population problem that he has to solve how many years was he waiting for to do this. marvel logic sucks

#35 Posted by Reactor (4284 posts) - - Show Bio

Where's the "neither" option?

#36 Posted by KanyeCosby (6613 posts) - - Show Bio

Probably Zod. His sole motivation was saving his species. Although he clearly wasn’t a good person, I think a lot of people would probably do messed up things to save the human race.

#37 Edited by Akhilxcx (15 posts) - - Show Bio

@mister_surreal: and thanos would wipe out half of the universe why?? bcoz he thinks that population is a problem???

#38 Posted by Mister_Surreal (6203 posts) - - Show Bio

@akhilxcx: What is your point? Thanos is both stupid and insane, but he at the very least believed that what he was doing was the right thing in the grand scheme. He was obviously wrong but saw himself as saving the universe in the end. Zod doesn’t give a d@mn about anyone but kryptonians.

#39 Posted by Akhilxcx (15 posts) - - Show Bio

@mister_surreal: why do you think zod didn't believe that everything he was doing was right too?? remember zod was genetically engineered to be selfish for kryptonians. btw who wouldn't want their race to be saved when they know they can and also they had all resources to start over

#40 Posted by Mister_Surreal (6203 posts) - - Show Bio

@akhilxcx: I would want to bring back my species, I imagine that you would too. But would you kill an entire planet just to hit the reset button when it was your own species fault that they died? Your point makes sense but Zod didn’t need to make Earth into krypton, pretty much any other planet could have done it. Thanos faced a similar problem to General Zod, but didn’t act on it resulting in his planet’s extinction. In his mind, genocide on a cosmic scale is the only way to save the universe, which explains why he is the “Mad Titan”. Thanos is crazy, Zod is a selfish psychopath who sees anyone who is not kryptonian too he underneath him. Being genetically engineered doesn’t objectively justify your motives. The only reason why I say Thanos is slightly les horrible is because he saw no other way to save everyone in the end, Zod may be genetically engineered to save Krypton but no one said that Earth needed to die. For that reason, I say that Thanos has at least genuine reason.

#41 Posted by Akhilxcx (15 posts) - - Show Bio

@mister_surreal: from all you said i think you are basically thinking why earth?? zod saw someone of his kind having godlike abilities on a planet perfect for them that's why as for thanos seriously? you think genocide on universal scale is justified when you can literally do anything with the artifact you have in your hand in your control.He basically could've done anything else like changing reality to a more better universe as he saw fit

#42 Posted by Au_141 (880 posts) - - Show Bio

What Thanos did was idiotic. At best it’s a temporary solution that’d only last a few generations depending on species reproduce. Zod at least would accomplished his goals

#43 Posted by The_Kidd (11398 posts) - - Show Bio

Zod as his end goal would of help his species while the logistics of Thanos decimation is completely debatable.

#44 Posted by MICKEY-MOUSE (36295 posts) - - Show Bio

Neither, but Zod was dumb he could have just went to another planet to terraform.

#45 Posted by JohnCena69swag (3678 posts) - - Show Bio

Zod. Thanos' reasoning was kinda dumb tbh. Zod was a giant douche from a human point of view but honestly we would do the same thing in his position. If earth was uninhabitable and our only option was to take over a planet inhabited by like monkeys or something humanity would not hesitate to move in.

#46 Posted by Mister_Surreal (6203 posts) - - Show Bio

@akhilxcx: Zod still has no reason to have attacked Earth, it seems like you are justfying him now. I never said that Thanos’ plan was justifiable, I said that he was crazy and stupid.

#47 Posted by godzilla44 (6906 posts) - - Show Bio

Zod's was somewhat justifiable.

#48 Posted by Batvibe12 (5356 posts) - - Show Bio

Neither.

#49 Posted by Dardan (41 posts) - - Show Bio

Zod was trying to save his people by killing another people, Thanos was trying to save the universe by wiping out half of it.

Both were deluded, but at least Zod had a reasonable objective.

#50 Posted by Hypnos0929 (6270 posts) - - Show Bio

Zod at least made some sense. He needed a viable planet to terraform and he needed Kal El to restart the race. It wasn't possible to have Kal and have time to go to another world that's light years out of his way. There were a dozen Kryptonians max, the ship had a basic skeleton crew so obtaining the necessary resources to make another travel would be impossible.

Thanos made no real sense and no concrete long term plan. The universe will bounce back eventually, and by killing Groot he killed a natural resource. Thanos was simply trying to prolong the end. Even if he did it an infinite number of times the universe will find a new way to end, the heat-cold death or Dormammu will eventually end everything.