Zod is Cable. Cable is Zod.

laughingbatman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Michael Shannon was announced as the frontrunner to play Cable in Deadpool 2. What are your thoughts on General Zod teaming up with the Merc with a Mouth?

Juan913

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think it will be a good match. Michael Shannon is always typecast as the super serious guy who always sticks to business. I loved his acting in Boardwalk Empire. When he was paired up with the character Al Capone, who is easygoing and spontaneous (like Deadpool), it was fantastic! Michael's seriousness and attempts to ease up and enjoy himself were hysterical. I think seeing him with Ryan Reynolds would have the same effect and I would be eager to see it.

laughingbatman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By laughingbatman

@juan913 said:

I think it will be a good match. Michael Shannon is always typecast as the super serious guy who always sticks to business. I loved his acting in Boardwalk Empire. When he was paired up with the character Al Capone, who is easygoing and spontaneous (like Deadpool), it was fantastic! Michael's seriousness and attempts to ease up and enjoy himself were hysterical. I think seeing him with Ryan Reynolds would have the same effect and I would be eager to see it.

I'm kind of excited for it. Michael's great as an actor, but I'm also looking forward to potential 4th wall breaking jokes at him as Zod and the DCEU films. I'm a needle in the haystack that likes DCEU, but I'm excited to see those potential jabs.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator

Einhorn is Finkle...

Juan913

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Juan913

@juan913 said:

I'm kind of excited for it. Michael's great as an actor, but I'm also looking forward to potential 4th wall breaking jokes at him as Zod and the DCEU films. I'm a needle in the haystack that likes DCEU, but I'm excited to see those potential jabs.

HAHAHA I hadn't thought of that. Same here, I'm a DCEU fan. But yeah, since Ryan Reynolds took jabs at his Green Lantern Role, Michael will most likely do the same. I can just imagine Ryan talking to the 4th wall and saying something like "Have you ever had that dream where you were in some other crappier comic book universe" then cable would say "yes, all the time" :)

mrmonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't like it. I want a more action oriented star to play Cable. Michael Shannon is a great actor (if you don't believe me, watch Nocturnal Animals), but he just doesn't strike me as Cable.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79
deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I like it!

laughingbatman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Einhorn is Finkle...

Glad you caught the reference lol

Yassassin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

That a damn good pick.

Avatar image for general_disarray
General_Disarray

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

could work, good actor, wouldn't be my first choice for Cable though

Eto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

He's a sturdy actor so why not.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

Still pulling for Stephen Lang.

uugieboogie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't like it. I want a more action oriented star to play Cable. Michael Shannon is a great actor (if you don't believe me, watch Nocturnal Animals), but he just doesn't strike me as Cable.

Still pulling for Stephen Lang.

PeterParkerJr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I thought Pierce Brosnan had that role on lock. Guess not.

Spambot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ya, not liking this casting much at all but w/e.

Avatar image for itouchedtheboat
ITouchedTheBoat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cable + Zod = Cod...

kneel before mighty Cod

No Caption Provided

StevenSpike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They should choose Kevin Nash for Cable!

GeorgeWBush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By GeorgeWBush

If you've seen Take Shelter, Revolutionary Road, Iceman, 99 homes, or his role in Boardwalk Empire Shannon can be a really intense and in your face actor. He's really versatile and could pull off that commanding presence/varied nature of Cable. I say varied because at least in reading 40 issues of X-force, he's also very caring about his students and while I doubt they'll portray that complex of a character in Deadpool-Shannon is an exceptional actor.

Yassassin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Yassassin

The should have pushed for Pitt.

No Caption Provided