Zack Snyder's vero discussion about JL trailer 2 *Spoilers*

Heatforce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

A bit of a continuation from this thread but I listened to the entire video and I broke down the interesting feats and story beats. In case you want to watch it.

1. Feats: Uxas smashes the ground and the red energy IS lava or lava arises and the red energy comes from it (not quite clear). The pattern that is made when he smashes the ground has something to do with the anti-life equation.

2. Feats: Question was asked about how strong Uxas is. Zack says he's super powerful and only the old gods can really stand up to him. He fights Zeus and Ares.

3. Feats: Confirms Uxas and Steppy are comparable in "some ways" to Supes and Doomsday.

4. The joker card that flys accross the screen when we see the destroyed hall of justice IS the same card batman had on his gun in the knightmare scene of bvs.

5. Artemis' arrow that Diana finds has clues about finding the hidden Amazon shrine (i guess where we see the war flashback) and possibly a way for Diana to return to Themyscira!

6. The football game in the trailer is GCU (Gotham City University) playing Wisconsin. If you recall in bvs when the police are listening to the football game, GCU is getting stomped by Metropolis. Confirmed by Ray Fisher: they were missing their star QB!

7. Someone asked how many kryptonians there are on earth. Well, Zack mentions the open, empty pod in MoS....

The empty pod will also be referenced by the characters as they are taking Supes body onto the ship.

8. Feats(sorta): Zack says they really tried to play into the physics of the flash "moving people". He believes it should look like Barry is handling - normal - people with care. I imagine that includes when he attacks them. Describes the speed Barry moves as being able to tear someone's arm off or peel the flesh off them. Also, his shoes will explode off his feet when he saves Iris so he really needs his suit to be effective.

9. We won't see how Barry got his powers in JL. Barry will struggle with his father being in jail and finding a job. While he's waiting to see if he was hired for a forensics position, I think he trys to work other odd jobs in between. Sounds very Peter Parker pre-MCU.

10. The angel statue in the cemetery was in both sucker punch and watchmen too.

11. Vulko is described as the custodian of Aquaman's trident. Arthur comes to Vulko from time-to-time to use the trident, but eventually brings it back to him for safe keeping. The armor Aquaman wears; his first time using it is in this movie.

12. Confirms Atlantis sunk some time after the war (long enough to build that huge chamber it's stored in). Pretty obvious but still, wanted to state it.

13. DeSaad is the go-between for Darkseid and Steppy. He will offer us the backstory of both characters.

14. Zack describes Silas' death as committing a selfless act so I guess he dies a hero.

15. Feats: Cyborg hasn't tapped into his full potential. References how powerful Apokoliptian tech is. Describes the motherboxes as world creating and destroying. I'm assuming this means New God tech > All other DCEU tech.

16. Feats(sorta): parademons get wrecked by .50 caliber. I'm not sure about lower calibers. Also, parademons are not smart according to Zack.

17. Feats: Steppy has conquered a lot of planets. Also, reconfirmed as a team buster so I think Supes won't stomp overwhelmingly like the theatrical version.

18. Zack describes Steppy as a space knight.

19. Feats: in the trailer where Flash is appearing over the heads of the people, he's saving them from falling rocks. It almost appears as though he's flying from our perspective.

20. Feats: The armor reacts to Steppys emotions/ will. The armor apparently catches the Amazon's arrows. Zack describes it as a character.

21. Feats: Batmans new gauntlets (when deflecting parademon blasts) are based on Wondy's bracers.

22. Feats: the scene with Cyborg controlling the missiles is him envisioning what he's capable of. No firewall, no encryption can defy him. Anything that is tech/ on a grid, he has full control. He can launch global nukes like it's nothing. That means alien tech is nothing for him to hack imo.

23. Feats: we'll be seeing more from the Atlantian king during the battle.

24. If i understood correctly, the police officer cyborg saves from the rolling tank is the actor who played the original jimmy olsen. From what, I'm not sure but I imagine some older Superman series or movies.

25. Feat: Apparently in the scene of the JL lined up in front of the Flying Fox - Cyborg was piolting it with his abilities.

26. Zack says the upgraded batsuit Bruce made for the third act gets destroyed, maybe.

Heatforce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Also, two more things to point out:

1. Uxas will be even more powerful as darkseid

2. I'm pretty sure there will be no scenes with the JL inside the batcave. Batman doesn't fully trust them yet, except maybe Diana.

Rotomm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Rotomm

@heatforce: will we see Uxas fight scene it will it be mostly off screen?

Heatforce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rotomm said:

@heatforce: will we see Uxas fight scene it will it be mostly off screen?

During the war? We will see it. From what I understand, take most or all the scenes with steppy from the theatrical cut, replace him with Uxas and then add an additional 15-20 mins.

Mama7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@heatforce: But Darkseid/Uxas by hitting this ground this energy comes more from spear or this magic anti-life equation ?

Heatforce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mama7: i think from the ground. The lava statement is what most interested me.

Mama7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Mama7

@mama7: i think from the ground. The lava statement is what most interested me.

Because this really wonders me. I thought that Lava comes from melitng process of rocky ground

Escrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Escrow

@heatforce said:

Do you mean to say he'll be as powerful as Darkseid or more powerful than Darkseid?

Very interesting either way, thanks for the breakdown.

Mama7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@escrow said:
@heatforce said:

Do you mean to say he'll be as powerful as Darkseid or more powerful than Darkseid?

Very interesting either way, thanks for the breakdown.

Truth speaking i would prefer to wait for movie ( or will be cancelled as rumors say ), but i don't have high expectation of power level portrayal.

RajjarsAlt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By RajjarsAlt
No Caption Provided

Arrow catching indeed

Welp, I guess Steppenwolf's only noteworthy feat no longer can be applied to other chars since it's done under special conditions (Mother Box/Anti-Life)

Heatforce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mama7: zack stated the lava arises so to me that says Darkseid hit a magma chamber and those can be pretty deep, even the shallow chambers.

Heatforce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Heatforce

@escrow: he'll be more powerful when he's officially the lord of Apokolips i.e. he doesn't have the omega effect during the war history flashback i believe

Heatforce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-5fbebaefdafae
deactivated-5fbebaefdafae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not very interested about it, I feel Snyder got notably worse after MOS in terms of action scenes and directing.

I'll watch it though.