Zack Snyder's Justice League (2021) VS The Avengers (2012)

• 86 results
SuperNotebook

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll Zack Snyder's Justice League (2021) VS The Avengers (2012) (178 votes)

ZSJL 44%
The Avengers 46%
Perfectly Balanced, as all things should be. 10%

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

Which movie is Better?

• 
Avatar image for deactivated-60758db60e021
deactivated-60758db60e021

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Avengers still. Snyder's new cut is a significant improvement, but still not a great movie, and not nearly good enough to justify it's runtime.

The movie's problems remain extensive. It again overuses slo-mo, has pointless scenes (i.e. the women singing for Aqauaman - wtf was that??), constant exposition from Wonder Woman and Steppenwolf, dry characterisation for Superman, a shoehorned Martian Manhunter addition that completely cheapens the bonding scene between Martha and Lois, overused and poor CGI, mediocre music etc. etc. And IMO 4 hour run time is cheating.

Avengers, whilst not perfect, was far more innovative for it's time in the way it revitalised the superhero team movie, and it's a far tighter, more efficient film. I think the acting is better too.

Avatar image for deactivated-60f4d10418f1d
deactivated-60f4d10418f1d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They say DC did it first, but Marvel did it better.

This time I think it's the other way around, Marvel did it first, DC did it better.

The Snyder cut was far better than the Avengers.

Bayman007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Justice League is the better movie

MAZAHS117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I still love that the original Avengers movie, but ZSJL is better

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Joss's Avengers is still the most overrated hunk of crap I've ever seen. I liked Age of Ultron better.

SuperNotebook

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump

Deep_Silver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Even the Snyder Cut is just not that good of a movie, whereas Avengers was not only great but revolutionary.

Chimeroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I see a lot of trolls in this thread. Anyway, it's actually a tough question. Avengers are on the back foot given that the movie was from almost a decade ago. If it was released today, we would all be disappointed. However, given that it came out when it did, i have to give it props. Avengers by a slight margin.

ZSJL was actually really good btw.

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 12

This is a hard one, since I don't really think either of these movies were that great. Average at best. Each has their faults and pros. IDK, I guess I'd go with the first Avengers, but it's a by the slimmest of margins

Avatar image for deactivated-60f4d10418f1d
deactivated-60f4d10418f1d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@chimeroid: You make it seem like it came out in the '70s. Back then we already had good cbm's like TDK's trilogy and Spiderman's trilogy which are 10 times better than the Avengers and more memorable.

LuminousHydra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

SC is a much better movie. I'd even say it beats all the Avengers movies.

Chimeroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@chimeroid: You make it seem like it came out in the '70s. Back then we already had good cbm's like TDK's trilogy and Spiderman's trilogy which are 10 times better than the Avengers and more memorable.

10 years wasn't that long ago, true, but it was ten years during which the CBM niche has vastly advanced. Nowadays we complain about the quality of Wanda Vision while, to be frank, it's an amazing show.

RBT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd say Avengers.

reactor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Maybe it's just me, but I legitimately find it difficult to sit through the Avengers now. Whether that's due to a change in my personal tastes, the film's aging or the spectacle of the film blurring this fact for me, I can't exactly say. That being said, as it stands, ZSJL.

jqric

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Zack Snyder's Justice League, easily. I think it's a great epic comic book film that delivers on all levels. I liked The Avengers, but I always thought it was somewhat overrated.

Avatar image for deactivated-606273ba187c7
deactivated-606273ba187c7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Snyder's cut is a massive improvement over The 2017 iteration, but Avengers is still a classic CBM. It's far better.

Avatar image for supermanforever
Supermanforever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Supermanforever

Honestly i would take Snyders cut.

From mcu i would say only two infinity war, guardians of the galaxy were better.

Avatar image for deactivated-627d8daf1de25
deactivated-627d8daf1de25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Snyder Cut, only MCU films that are better than it are TWS / CW and IW / EG imo.

RJR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Snyder Cut

Saberscar223

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The thing is while Snyder Cut isnt a great movie on its own, the accomplishment Is freaking amazing. It’s an awesome journey to see how zack Snyder came back to finish his version of the film and corporate let him. So the Snyder Cut deserves a tremendous amount of respect but Its still just an Okay movie.

Avatar image for theamazingspidey
TheAmazingSpidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

The first Avengers blows it out of the water.

I think the results in this thread are a product of recency bias.

Darkthunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avengers still. Snyder's new cut is a significant improvement, but still not a great movie, and not nearly good enough to justify it's runtime.

The movie's problems remain extensive. It again overuses slo-mo, has pointless scenes (i.e. the women singing for Aqauaman - wtf was that??), constant exposition from Wonder Woman and Steppenwolf, dry characterisation for Superman, a shoehorned Martian Manhunter addition that completely cheapens the bonding scene between Martha and Lois, overused and poor CGI, mediocre music etc. etc. And IMO 4 hour run time is cheating.

Avengers, whilst not perfect, was far more innovative for it's time in the way it revitalised the superhero team movie, and it's a far tighter, more efficient film. I think the acting is better too.

Agreed

kifkrof

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Snyder Cut of Justice League is the far superior film. Better story, action, characterizations, and emotional moments. It also just has the look, feel, scope, and sweep of a grand epic. The Avengers looks and feels more like an expensive television production than a massive summer blockbuster.

Avatar image for randybutternubs
RandyButterNubs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Like them both but I liked ZSJL a bit more.

Avatar image for deactivated-60ee0713dd622
deactivated-60ee0713dd622

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I loved them both.

RJR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By RJR
_Logos_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

Avengers by a lot. Like a lot. Snyder's JL has so many severe flaws and opened itself up to more plot holes than the original JL did, and that's partially because they were just trying to cover up a lot of the awful choices Snyder made.

heiqn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By heiqn

If you like brighter, more humorous movies, Avengers, If you like more dark and gore films, Snyder Cut. Nearly have same stories, Strong guys come together to stop evil coming from the outside world, then they decide to make a team. Bad guy uses stones-mother boxes to open portals for the enemy army blah blah blah.

Avatar image for speedforceoberon
SpeedForceOberon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avengers Didn't need 4 Hours to tell a great Story for that Avengers gets the W

Eri_Joni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avengers

Eredin12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Eredin12

Avengers easily

Avatar image for deactivated-607b62fa8763f
deactivated-607b62fa8763f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Snyder Cut was a huge improvement but still the Avengers.

Avatar image for deactivated-60a26b2f7af3a
deactivated-60a26b2f7af3a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Both have their Pros and Con's. I have seen both. As a DC fan, I'm gonna stick with ZSJL. Even though it's basically a movie we already saw back in 2017, just with extra content sprinkled in.

DammeFavour

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-60e0308d298b6
deactivated-60e0308d298b6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

SNYDER CUT SUCKS. ALL OF DCEU FIMLS ARE COMPLETE JOKE. TRASH CUSTOMES CRINGE HUMOR TOO DARK FUCKED CGI NOT FUNNY TOO MANY SLOW-MOTION THE FLASH TRYING TO BE FUNNY BUT HE IS CRINGE EVEN THEIR LANDINGS OR ENTRANCE IS SO CRINGE/FUCKED. ITS BETTER THAN THOR THE DARK WORLD THO. ITS BETTER BY 0.0000001. SNYDER CAN GO SUCK HIS MOM.

Why are you so mad? Did Zach Snyder murder your entire family or something?

SuperNotebook

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bontagne9052: You make Marvel Fans and Comic/CBM Fans in general look bad. Stop Trolling, Stop Spamming, Stop baiting and grow up.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darthsuper: SNyder movies are lame. Always Dark and not funny bad CGI etc...

Being dark doesn't make something bad. And the CGI is about the same as Marvel's tbh.

heiqn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By heiqn

@darthsuper said:

Being dark doesn't make something bad. And the CGI is about the same as Marvel's tbh.

Don't even try to talk with him. He is a 13-year-old brainless child. All he does is shitting on nearly every DCEU thread including 10-year-old ones. look at his activities and you will see how brainless hater fanboy he is. I still not figure he is somebody's alt account or not, but I will figure it out soon. Trying to talk with him is harder than trying to talk with ape/monkey cause monkeys have brains. At least monkeys can be trained, this one is untrainable. He is doing these hate posts intentionally, If you like MCU, you can post MCU threads and this ape didn't even post any only-marvel thread before, but all he does is shitting and swearing on DCEU vs Marvel threads. So I'm pretty sure it's an alt account of somebody who hates DCEU. I hope it will be deactivated soon because it is a troll account.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@heiqn said:
@darthsuper said:

Don't even try to talk with him. He is a 13-year-old brainless child. All he does is shitting on nearly every DCEU thread including 10-year-old ones. look at his activities and you will see how brainless hater fanboy he is. I still not figure he is somebody's alt account or not, but I will figure it out soon. Trying to talk with him is harder than trying to talk with ape/monkey cause monkeys have brains. At least monkeys can be trained, this one is untrainable. He is doing these hate posts intentionally, If you like MCU, you can post MCU threads and this ape didn't even post any only-marvel thread before, but all he does is shitting and swearing on DCEU vs Marvel threads. So I'm pretty sure it's an alt account of somebody who hates DCEU. I hope it will be deactivated soon because it is a troll account.

He seems to act like Comiclover6.

SuperNotebook

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darthsuper: @supernotebook: DCEU is a complete joke. They made every single character look like a total joke.(and I mean every single character that is introduced to the DCEU.

@darthsuper: SNyder movies are lame. Always Dark and not funny bad CGI etc...

SNYDER CUT SUCKS. ALL OF DCEU FIMLS ARE COMPLETE JOKE. TRASH CUSTOMES CRINGE HUMOR TOO DARK FUCKED CGI NOT FUNNY TOO MANY SLOW-MOTION THE FLASH TRYING TO BE FUNNY BUT HE IS CRINGE EVEN THEIR LANDINGS OR ENTRANCE IS SO CRINGE/FUCKED.

SNYDER CAN GO SUCK HIS MOM.

@heiqn: Your braindead.

Literally every single DCEU film he's made is a total joke and a waste of time.

You ARE a troll and you ARE baiting. That's why I've flagged every comment you've made and intend to report you. No one has time for this nonsense. Even if you think marvel films are better you know this^ isn't the way to say it. You're either an emotionally stunted person or an a**hole. Either way, Grow Up.

heiqn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By heiqn

@bontagne9052 said:

@heiqn: Your braindead. Your just trying so hard to not believe the truth. Who made BvS? Who made MOS? You can't change the fact that all of DCEU films are shit when compared to marvel or other franchises. They stuck with 1 director and It's snyder. Literally every single DCEU film he's made is a total joke and a waste of time. All of DCEU movies are so bad expect for Aquaman/WW/Shazam.

I am a genius compared to you. You have 0 brain. They are great, bad, good or shit, it doesn't matter for you because you are a troll and it won't change your opinions. I already noticed your troll posts so, screaming and try to talk like a normal person won't save you, go ahead like this, and I'm gonna report you soon.