Avatar image for deactivated-6155f5fcc6972
deactivated-6155f5fcc6972

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

3:02:05

Zack Snyder thinks that Superman can crush a coal to make a ring. In the guidebook, it was said that Superman can crush diamonds IIRC, not that he can make coal into Diamond.

Yes, he says MAYBE Superman made the ring but I'd say this shows director's idea of Superman strength regardless.

How impressive is this really?

IDK if this was brought UP before but I haven't seen it.

Avatar image for kryptonianking88
KryptonianKing88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Quora puts it at 94,000 tons psi. It would be Superman’s only obvious 100K ton feat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hulk_Like_Fire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@starsprime3: Authentical got banned. No point in tagging him.

ninetoadclown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hulk_Like_Fire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

KryptonianKing88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hulk_like_fire: I’m pretty sure he goes by prayy now. And he’s wanking DCEU harder

Hulk_Like_Fire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

rajjarsalt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By rajjarsalt

The HPHT method is the original method of creating lab grown diamonds. Gem quality HPHT diamonds were introduced in the 1950s. Outside of growing diamonds, the HPHT process can also be used to enhance the color of diamonds to make them colorless, pink, green, blue, or yellow.

To grow an HPHT diamond, a small diamond seed is placed in carbon, the element that diamonds are made of. The diamond seed is exposed to extreme heat and pressure, replicating the way diamonds are naturally grown underground by the earth. The diamond seed is exposed to temperatures of over 2,000 degrees fahrenheit and pressure of about 1.5 million PSI (pounds per square inch). The carbon melts and forms a diamond around the seed. It is then cooled and the diamond is formed.

A rough HPHT diamond forms differently than a rough CVD diamond.

https://www.ritani.com/blog/diamonds/cvd-vs-hpht-lab-grown-diamonds-whats-the-difference/#:~:text=The%20diamond%20seed%20is%20exposed%20to%20temperatures%20of%20over%202%2C000,than%20a%20rough%20CVD%20diamond.

rajjarsalt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By rajjarsalt

It's legit, the same way Zak Penn's leviathan mass estimate is legit. Zack didn't think of that until just then, so it gives you an idea that the standard you evaluate statements with shouldn't be different across verses.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rajjarsalt: You mean me?

I think this is a more direct statement. Zack Snyder is directly talking about Superman's strength. He sounds less unsure of whether Superman COULD make the ring and more of if he MADE the ring. Also, we know for a fact that he did think about Superman's physicals back in MOS as he apparently had a chart regarding what Superman can survive. So he probably thought of Superman's strength more than Zak Penn thought of Leviathan's mass.

Zak Penn was asked what the Leviathan weighed, but we don't know if he thought of Hulk punching it in Avengers 2012 at that moment, so that is less direct compared to Zack. I think it would be more legit if we knew that Zak Penn definitely thought of Hulk punching the Leviathan when he wrote that 3 million statement, as this would tell us that, regardless of whether or not Leviathan actually weights 3 millions, Zak Penn finds it plausible that Hulk can stop 3 million tons with momentum with a punch.

PayneInTheAss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He has like 7 alts, I am sure one will swing by.

lol, true tho.

Dangannopoopoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hulk_Like_Fire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

rajjarsalt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rajjarsalt: You mean me?

I think this is a more direct statement. Zack Snyder is directly talking about Superman's strength. He sounds less unsure of whether Superman COULD make the ring and more of if he MADE the ring. Also, we know for a fact that he did think about Superman's physicals back in MOS as he apparently had a chart regarding what Superman can survive. So he probably thought of Superman's strength more than Zak Penn thought of Leviathan's mass.

Zak Penn was asked what the Leviathan weighed, but we don't know if he thought of Hulk punching it in Avengers 2012 at that moment, so that is less direct compared to Zack. I think it would be more legit if we knew that Zak Penn definitely thought of Hulk punching the Leviathan when he wrote that 3 million statement, as this would tell us that, regardless of whether or not Leviathan actually weights 3 millions, Zak Penn finds it plausible that Hulk can stop 3 million tons with momentum with a punch.

Oh that wasn't addressed at anybody.

I mean, Zack definitely wasn't thinking about him making the ring until that very point in time we see in the vid. That's because he admits it himself.

I mean, Zak wrote Hulk punching the Leviathan, too.

In the end this comes down to could vs did imo, because you're right. Zack does think he could make the ring, it's just a matter of if. But for the Leviathan, there's no if, since we saw the feat happen.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rajjarsalt:

While Zack didn't think of him making the ring before, he arguably thought more about Superman's strength and decided to say that comment with more confidence, while Zak Penn in the same post said he had no clue how much Leviathan weighted. That's why I think Superman comment has more traction.

Yes, Zak Penn wrote Hulk punching the Leviathan but my point is that we don't know if he was considering the fact that Hulk stopped a Leviathan when he wrote that 3 million tons post. We don't know if it could be taken as him thinking of Hulk as a million tonner or however much you need to stop a Leviathan. If he mentioned that Hulk scene in that post, I would say that can be taken as a strength feat for Hulk, regardless of whether or not Leviathan weighs that much because he does think that Hulk can plausibly stop 3 million ton moving alien at the end of the day. That's my point.

Also, the tweet confirms that he wasn't thinking of how much Leviathan exactly weighed when he wrote that Hulk punch scene.

Chimeroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

I mean, he probably could, but it would happen in a weird way or something. Anyway, the comparison with the leviathan is kinda silly because we saw Giant Man knock and throw one around. And Ant-Man doesn't get insane increases in strength when he goes up. The increase in strength is proportional.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@chimeroid: What do you mean by in a weird way? Zack Snyder says he can just crush coal in his palm to diamond.

With Leviathan weight, if we knew that Zak Penn considered the fact that Hulk punched a Leviathan when writing that tweet, I think the tweet could have been taken as legitimate, considering that would imply that he thinks that Hulk can plausibly stop a 3 million ton alien with momentum (regardless of whether or not Leviathan actually weighs that much in canon).

Darkthunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's legit, the same way Zak Penn's leviathan mass estimate is legit. Zack didn't think of that until just then, so it gives you an idea that the standard you evaluate statements with shouldn't be different across verses.

Chimeroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@chimeroid: What do you mean by in a weird way? Zack Snyder says he can just crush coal in his palm to diamond.

With Leviathan weight, if we knew that Zak Penn considered the fact that Hulk punched a Leviathan when writing that tweet, I think the tweet could have been taken as legitimate, considering that would imply that he thinks that Hulk can plausibly stop a 3 million ton alien with momentum (regardless of whether or not Leviathan actually weighs that much in canon).

I mean maybe something with heat vision and freeze breath and weird science. I don't think he can palm crush 100k tons.

As far as Zak Penn goes, i kinda feel like we should ask Joss Whedon about the feat more than Zak. Either way, the feat is invalidated by the next guy that toyed with Leviathans and all the other stuff that we saw about them.

I would compare the 3 million statement to "Superman shifts tectonic plates" instead. We kinda should accept it, but we all agree that we should not.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@chimeroid: Zack Snyder only says that Superman may have crushed some coal to make the ring and makes a hand gesture of crushing something in his palm while saying it. Also he's likely referencing other moments from other series where Superman just crushes the coal to make the diamond, like what Reeves Superman did. I think it's safe to assume he's just talking about Superman's strength.

With the Leviathan weigh, I agree it likely didn't weight 3 millions at all in canon, what I mean is that if we knew that Zak Penn was considering the fact that Hulk punched a Leviathan when writing that tweet, that would tell us that Zak Penn finds it plausible that Hulk is capable of stopping a 3 million ton alien. It would give us an idea of how strong the screenwriter thinks Hulk is. But he didn't mention Hulk, so it is kind of irrevelant, I think.

Also, I think you are right about directors having more authority. This makes Superman diamond statement even better than Leviathan statement since Zack Snyder is the director.

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 anthp2000  Moderator

This has been a thing for a long time now.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@anthp2000: In the guidebook, it only says that he can crush diamonds, not that he can turn coal into diamond.

Unless you are talking of something else besides that guidebook.

WordWarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I mean, he probably could, but it would happen in a weird way or something. Anyway, the comparison with the leviathan is kinda silly because we saw Giant Man knock and throw one around. And Ant-Man doesn't get insane increases in strength when he goes up. The increase in strength is proportional.

I mean...Ant-Man clearly does in the MCU. He went from meh to way too strong for War Machine and Iron Man and Vision and his one hit downed Spidey with ease despite it being incidental contact.

in Endgame he was stronger than 1 armed Hulk and crushed Cull Obsidian with one stomp, and Cull's at least comparable to the Hulkbuster and stronger than Iron Man.

Also if you note, Hulk's punch was far more devastating as it flipped the Leviathan and broke its armor. Ant-Man just moved its face/changed its direction.

Chimeroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@chimeroid said:

I mean...Ant-Man clearly does in the MCU. He went from meh to way too strong for War Machine and Iron Man and Vision and his one hit downed Spidey with ease despite it being incidental contact.

in Endgame he was stronger than 1 armed Hulk and crushed Cull Obsidian with one stomp, and Cull's at least comparable to the Hulkbuster and stronger than Iron Man.

Also if you note, Hulk's punch was far more devastating as it flipped the Leviathan and broke its armor. Ant-Man just moved its face/changed its direction.

Are you arguing that Ant-Man can move 3 million tons?

WordWarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Knowledge_King said:
@chimeroid said:

Are you arguing that Ant-Man can move 3 million tons?

I'm arguing that he's comparable to Hulk (evident by Cull and Professor Hulk feat, plus the Levathan feat) but still clearly weaker. By feats. Also that he clearly doesn't get 'proportional' strength if he's too strong for War Machine, Cull Obsidian and the like.

Avatar image for rosalinagalaxy3
Rosalinagalaxy3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I am waiting for Snyder claiming he has galaxy busting punches

nwname

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 nwname  Moderator

It doesnt take a defined level of force, it takes pressure and force depends on how big of a diamond he is trying to make. Unlike 3 million ton leviathan this makes much more sense.

Avatar image for deactivated-5efd18e2365cb
deactivated-5efd18e2365cb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nwname said:

It doesnt take a defined level of force, it takes pressure and force depends on how big of a diamond he is trying to make. Unlike 3 million ton leviathan this makes much more sense.

Avatar image for deactivated-5efd18e2365cb
deactivated-5efd18e2365cb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Knowledge_King: nobody takes you seriously DarkRaiden, you wrote a bunch of nonsense we see a leviathan not crushing a building lmao. 3 million tons my ass, fanboy.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nwname: Diamond size is seen in the first video in the OP (first few seconds).

Kairan1979

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

Smallville Clark Kent could (Season 5). And he wasn't even full strength back then.

KryptonianKing88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Gone already rip o7

Johndeyvido

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dceu guidebook says Clark can crush diamonds not crush coal into diamonds, significant difference.

Chimeroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dceu guidebook says Clark can crush diamonds not crush coal into diamonds, significant difference.

Yea, crushing diamonds would probably be more difficult.

Used in so-called diamond anvil experiments to create high-pressure environments, diamonds are able to withstand crushing pressures in excess of 600 gigapascals (6 million atmospheres).

Avatar image for darkpsychiclord_prime
DarkPsychicLord_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

According to Kevin Feige Captain Marvel can move planets 🤷🏻‍♂️

Darkthunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

will happen soon

Darkthunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Rosalinagalaxy3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darkpsychiclord_prime said:

According to Kevin Feige Captain Marvel can move planets 🤷🏻‍♂️

lol

@rosalinagalaxy3 said:

will happen soon

If i want to be honest with you i don't care what directors say. I only care about official statements and official feats. Official feats or statements are:

- Guides ( like this: https://www.atomcomics.pl/pl/p/GUIDEBOOK-TO-MARVEL-CINEMATIC-UNIVERSE-HC-VOL-01/79011 )

- tie-in novels like this ( haven't read yet, but in free time will read ):https://www.google.com/search?q=barry+lyga+thanos&tbm=isch&ved=2ahUKEwjtmNCsq67qAhWBcZoKHXsQDpUQ2-cCegQIABAA&oq=barry+lyga+thanos&gs_lcp=CgNpbWcQAzoHCCMQ6gIQJzoECCMQJzoFCAAQsQM6AggAOgQIABBDOgcIABCxAxBDOgUIABCDAToECAAQHjoECAAQEzoICAAQBRAeEBM6BggAEB4QEzoGCAAQCBAeUMb3BFiPlgVgpZgFaAFwAHgAgAGcAogB0B-SAQYwLjEuMTaYAQCgAQGqAQtnd3Mtd2l6LWltZ7ABCg&sclient=img&ei=HbT9Xq2WEoHj6QT7oLioCQ&bih=802&biw=1368#imgrc=cP5PzYaUK1uT_M

- Tie-in comics or preludes aka abstracts of previous movies like this prelude of Thor: Ragnarok (https://www.google.com/search?q=thor+ragnarok+prelude&sxsrf=ALeKk01VURE6K-KXWpopMkamkxmi3j4s9g:1593685016402&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwiF8KSqq67qAhWU7KYKHT8IDKoQ_AUoAXoECBAQAw&biw=1368&bih=802). Also i have read Dr Strange prelude about Kaecilius origin.

- And original movies with some official presentation of some world of dceu/mcu. Like this Snyder's description of Krypton:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=64yro7Ibk68

I don't care about SNyder's or Feige's or Gunn's twitter statements. Official and confirmed statement >>>>>>> just simple twitter claim.

And don't care about concept art books. They are not official, they just present how they were designing character and their inspirations.

Rosalinagalaxy3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Smallville Clark Kent could (Season 5). And he wasn't even full strength back then.

Same as Tyler Hoechlin Superman did in elseworld and same as other heroes can do this. Also Hela's mjolnir feat is above diamond crushing

Johndeyvido

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@chimeroid:

Diamonds are hard but brittle. Hydraulic press can crush diamonds easily. I'm not a big science guy but that doesn't scream 600gigapascals to me.

Johndeyvido

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@chimeroid:

Yes, he did but CW kryptonians are in a different tier to dceu kryptonians so they don't even scale at all.

Chimeroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@chimeroid:

Diamonds are hard but brittle. Hydraulic press can crush diamonds easily. I'm not a big science guy but that doesn't scream 600gigapascals to me.

Being brittle doesn't make you susceptible to crushing damage. In fact, quite the opposite. The reason the Hydraulic press easily crushes them is the impurities in the diamond itself. However, to be fair, nobody ever stated how pure Superman's diamond would be. So you are right.

ericbaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By ericbaker

In the fictional universe of Superman, it is often depicted that Superman has incredible strength and can perform extraordinary feats. However, the process of creating diamonds from coal is a chemical process that requires a specific combination of temperature and pressure that is not related to physical strength alone.

While it is theoretically possible to create diamonds from coal through high pressure and high temperature, it requires conditions that are difficult to achieve without specialized equipment or natural geological processes. Therefore, Superman's physical strength alone would not be sufficient to create diamonds from coal.

In some versions of the Superman story, it is shown that Superman can use his heat vision or other powers to create diamonds from other materials, but this is typically portrayed as a deliberate act of using his powers, rather than a demonstration of his physical strength alone.

Read more here:

https://www.gemsny.com/lab-diamonds/basic-search/