"Zack Snyder loves Superman, and Batman v Superman proves it"

Avatar image for petey_is_spidey
Petey_is_Spidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 11

http://www.forbes.com/sites/markhughes/2016/03/29/zack-snyder-loves-superman-and-batman-v-superman-proves-it/#70e3b19f258e

A good perspective on the character.

stormshadow_x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 22

A good perspective on things and a good read.

kbroskywalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

what that superman is a dark depressing superpowered batman? zack can go to the phantom zone.

klbro123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If people look and actually watch the movie they'll find its a very well made,thought out and thought provoking.

kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Petey_is_Spidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kgb725 said:

@klbro123: not really

Really...

@klbro123 said:

If people look and actually watch the movie they'll find its a very well made,thought out and thought provoking.

It's well made, just not well put together.

TheExile285

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 4

@klbro123 said:

Why is it assumed that everyone who doesn't praise the movie is someone that hasn't seen it. I saw it. It's somewhat thought provoking but I don't think it's well made at all.

Petey_is_Spidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@klbro123 said:

Why is it assumed that everyone who doesn't praise the movie is someone that hasn't seen it. I saw it. It's somewhat thought provoking but I don't think it's well made at all.

I can understand someone saying it wasn't well made (I would rather use the phrase "not well put together"), but I just sit dumbfounded when people state it wasn't at least somewhat thought-provoking compared to other CBMs...

Avatar image for linsanel_doctor
linsanel_Doctor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not enough of Superman saving the day and then being praised as a god.

Rubear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He lovers him so much that he killed him. Very Otello if you know what i mean. xD

Pokeysteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

I was trying to figure out what rubbed me the wrong way about this movie and this might just be it.

Petey_is_Spidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@linsanel_doctor said:

I was trying to figure out what rubbed me the wrong way about this movie and this might just be it.

Why do people want such a 70ish, Silver Age Superman. He saved MULTIPLE people throughout the day. What, do you want Zack Snyder wasting 20 minutes of him saving people from burning buildings (which he did), bank robberies, and car crashes? Like, that would be a complete waste of time.

linsanel_Doctor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@petey_is_spidey: They spent the first half of the movie making sure we got how Superman would bleed. Plus it made Clark look like a villain.

wrucebayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

BvS proves yet again that Snyder clearly doesn't like or understand Superman.

Invain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Project_Worm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#16  Edited By Project_Worm

@petey_is_spidey: He wasted plenty of time in other parts of the movie. Not ridiculous for people to want to see nore of what they like...

Petey_is_Spidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Petey_is_Spidey

@linsanel_doctor said:

@petey_is_spidey: They spent the first half of the movie making sure we got how Superman would bleed. Plus it made Clark look like a villain.

If you're talking about the scenes with Kryptonite, that took up a total of about 5-10 minutes, MAX. It was also important since most people didn't really know how kryptonite affects Superman, and instead just know that it "just does". The rest of the scenes with Luthor in the beginning was exposition on plot-points that would come into play later in the film, such as Zod's body, talking with that general which showed his personality and his manipulative ways, explaining how they got a hold of Zod's body (which I'm sure that if they didn't explain this, people would be complaining even more), and other things.

Plus, we got multiple scenes of Superman saving people; dragging a ship through the arctic, saving a girl from a burning building, saving people who were about to drown, saving Lois, and saving the rocket before the passengers in it crashed to their deaths. I mean, what more do you want? Honestly, I think they spent enough time on "Clark saving people" (which Snyder probably did out of necessity from the backlash). Would you have liked that he actually save a cat out of a burning tree? Or that he catch a falling plane? He did enough saving in the film.

@project_worm

linsanel_Doctor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

MasterKungFu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

the first half was literally about cav-el trying to find his place in society while lex is conspiring in the background plotting against and framing him. cav-el was in no way the villain

MasterKungFu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@invain said:
@wrucebayne said:

he does like and understand supers. he's simply giving a more modern and realistic take of what it would be like if supes was in our world. he is not automatically going to be seen as hero when there can be consequences even for saving others (something no cbm ever explores)

Pokeysteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Pokeysteve said:
@linsanel_doctor said:

Why do people want such a 70ish, Silver Age Superman. He saved MULTIPLE people throughout the day. What, do you want Zack Snyder wasting 20 minutes of him saving people from burning buildings (which he did), bank robberies, and car crashes? Like, that would be a complete waste of time.

When did either of us say anything about a 70'sish, Silver Age Superman? He's a superhero. It's what superheros do. It's the very essence of their movies existence. It's very simple. We saw him save people in Man of Steel and it didn't take 20 minutes. Maybe no superhero in any superhero movie ever again should save people directly on screen. Let it all be implied with little teases.

JoshuaDBr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@klbro123: That's exactly what I think. I thought that right after I first watched the movie. I was shocked to see that other people didn't see it. I suppose that, if someone is expecting so much to be let down, that person could be blinded from the true beauty of the story and the movie.

kbroskywalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@invain said:
@wrucebayne said:

he does like and understand supers. he's simply giving a more modern and realistic take of what it would be like if supes was in our world. he is not automatically going to be seen as hero when there can be consequences even for saving others (something no cbm ever explores)

sorry but the most hopeful hero in the world needs to be hopeful, and if cynics find that boring, thats too bad

Petey_is_Spidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@petey_is_spidey said:
@Pokeysteve said:
@linsanel_doctor said:

When did either of us say anything about a 70'sish, Silver Age Superman? He's a superhero. It's what superheros do. It's the very essence of their movies existence. It's very simple. We saw him save people in Man of Steel and it didn't take 20 minutes. Maybe no superhero in any superhero movie ever again should save people directly on screen. Let it all be implied with little teases.

He saved a girl from a burning building, he saved Lois Lane, TWICE, he saved a ship full of crew members, he saved people from drowning in a flood, and he saved a bunch of astronauts from falling to their deaths. Honestly, the whole first hour was him saving people. WHAT MORE DO YOU PEOPLE WANT? Him saving a cat out of a tree????

MasterKungFu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kbroskywalker: he was though. towards the end the people even gave him a much respected funeral. it was enough for batfleck to want to assemble the JL

kbroskywalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By kbroskywalker

@masterkungfu said:

@kbroskywalker: he was though. towards the end the people even gave him a much respected funeral. it was enough for batfleck to want to assemble the JL

eh, i really miss the stas superman, and batman, and literally any character from the 1980's to the early 2000's

Invain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@invain said:
@wrucebayne said:

Why you assuming that I have a problem with Superman being modern? Superman should be able to be both modern and have a personality. They barely gave him any dialog. Superman barly even talks, all they do is show people talking to him and have reaction shots of Cavill trying to look cute. The Death of Superman is somthing that should not of been done in the second movie. It was like he had no understanding of what made that storyline so powerful, emotional, and great. Plus, Snyder already admitted that the reason he killed of Superman was so Batman can form the justice league.

"Pretty early on I had this idea that I wanted [Superman's death] to happen. I really felt like if we were going to move forward with the Justice League, that Batman needed to put it together, and you couldn't have this... I mean Superman is Superman," Snyder said. "If he's around, he's going to be put in charge because he's Superman. And so I really felt we need to - in a cool way - create a mechanism that could get him out of the way. And I didn't want to [rolls eyes] freeze him on ice and shoot him into space. I thought that was boring [laughs]."

http://www.cosmicbooknews.com/content/zack-snyder-talks-forming-justice-league-jabs-captain-america-hulk-marvel#axzz44RmYBpe3

kbroskywalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By kbroskywalker

@invain said:
@masterkungfu said:
@invain said:
@wrucebayne said:

Why you assuming that I have a problem with Superman being modern? Superman should be able to be both modern and have a personality. They barely gave him any dialog. Superman barly even talks, all they do is show people talking to him and have reaction shots of Cavill trying to look cute. The Death of Superman is somthing that should not of been done in the second movie. It was like he had no understanding of what made that storyline so powerful, emotional, and great. Plus, Snyder already admitted that the reason he killed of Superman was so Batman can form the justice league.

"Pretty early on I had this idea that I wanted [Superman's death] to happen. I really felt like if we were going to move forward with the Justice League, that Batman needed to put it together, and you couldn't have this... I mean Superman is Superman," Snyder said. "If he's around, he's going to be put in charge because he's Superman. And so I really felt we need to - in a cool way - create a mechanism that could get him out of the way. And I didn't want to [rolls eyes] freeze him on ice and shoot him into space. I thought that was boring [laughs]."

http://www.cosmicbooknews.com/content/zack-snyder-talks-forming-justice-league-jabs-captain-america-hulk-marvel#axzz44RmYBpe3

dark and realistic does not equal good, fun and classic does not equal bad

MasterKungFu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@invain: cav-el does have a personality. not a very strong one but he's not a robot or anything

I agree the DOS shouldn't have been done but now that it's been done I don't see what's wrong with bruce needing to assemble the JL. supes's death has inspired enough hope for him to do so otherwise he should just give up this losing battle considering what he experienced in the knightmare scene

Pokeysteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Pokeysteve said:

He saved a girl from a burning building, he saved Lois Lane, TWICE, he saved a ship full of crew members, he saved people from drowning in a flood, and he saved a bunch of astronauts from falling to their deaths. Honestly, the whole first hour was him saving people. WHAT MORE DO YOU PEOPLE WANT? Him saving a cat out of a tree????

Most of this happened in a 2 minute montage with a voice over. The Lois saves don't count. That's Superman's bread and butter. I think the cat in the tree was actually mentioned haha!

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 12

@linsanel_doctor said:

My problem with the movie was (aside how badly edited it was) how little they spent on the Superman V Public. It was like they sped through those important topical plotlines, and expanded the Batman being pushed over the edge storyline. THe story was there, but Snyder wanted that Alfred Banter.

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@masterkungfu said:
@invain said:
@wrucebayne said:

sorry but the most hopeful hero in the world needs to be hopeful,

Way to give a non answer. The best story lines are the ones that back up the characters actions by actually testting them and putting them through the ringer. While at the end of the day, the movie did flounder, it at least tried more so than other origins stories.

and if cynics find that boring,thats too bad

that works both ways. Sucks to be you in this case

TheGrayGhost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Snyder doesn't get Superman at all . At all

Petey_is_Spidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@petey_is_spidey said:
@Pokeysteve said:

Most of this happened in a 2 minute montage with a voice over. The Lois saves don't count. That's Superman's bread and butter. I think the cat in the tree was actually mentioned haha!

The point of the whole two minute montage though is to show that Superman DOES in fact save A LOT of people, without wasting time, cgi, and thus money of him actually saving people. Much like MoS had short flashback sequences of Clark's youth, instead of spending 45 minutes actually on Clark's youth. It gets the job done in a much shorter amount of time.

Pokeysteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Pokeysteve said:

The point of the whole two minute montage though is to show that Superman DOES in fact save A LOT of people, without wasting time, cgi, and thus money of him actually saving people. Much like MoS had short flashback sequences of Clark's youth, instead of spending 45 minutes actually on Clark's youth. It gets the job done in a much shorter amount of time.

I'm okay with how they did it. It worked and we got the point. It's more of a personal selfish thing. I want to see Superman rescue people. Use his powers. Man of Steel was a little more clever about how they did stuff like that than BvS.

Petey_is_Spidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@petey_is_spidey said:
@Pokeysteve said:

I'm okay with how they did it. It worked and we got the point. It's more of a personal selfish thing. I want to see Superman rescue people. Use his powers. Man of Steel was a little more clever about how they did stuff like that than BvS.

Well if its a personal preference, then I understand it a lot. I would have appreciated a few more saving scenes too. However, I'm compliant with what they gave me.

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Loading Video...