phisigmatau

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

"My heroes didn't commit any atrocities"

"You're living a dream world."

It's unrealistic for heroes to be good people? That's why VILLAINS exist, to commit atrocities.

lol ikr right
theres tons of cops who've gon they're whole careers without committing a felony.
who woulda thunk it

Amonfire1776

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Amonfire1776

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Loading Video...

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44: Golden Age

Literally no one cares about the golden age. These characters have evolved and to be rather honest comics have evolved a lot since than. Those stories really haven't aged well.

brucerogers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Lol, so typical.

MrTrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By MrTrey

Seems like clickbait.

For Snyder's actual message, it's pretty easy to agree with his take that people who want the Batman that deals with real world issues (not the campy/cartoon version) like beating the shit out of sex traffickers or something while also being somehow innocent is some dream world bullshit. Batman is to a large degree pretty much a fascist-esque authoritarian power fantasy, like just about every superhero story really, and this constant need to say he's innocent of all the horrific crap he does because he has some fake code or by retconning it away just feeds into that.

Most people don't want to admit they would love not having to face consequences like he does (or basically every Avenger, like the time Iron Man made a robot that blew up a city and didn't even get a slap on the wrist for it, or Scarlet Witch being a mass murderer but no one even mentions it), which is why so many people criticized BvS besides any issue of quality, since Batman being so clearly wrong while doing bad shit made people feel uncomfortable because he's supposed to be good and innocent so obviously the writer agrees with the bad things he's doing like intentionally wanting to murder an innocent alien man and this is just a terrible take on the character, because cognitive innocence is not a thing. It's the same way people ignored all the children Obama killed through drone bombings or locked away in immigrant concentration camps or that Gandhi was a racist sexist twat, because it fucks up their neoliberal fantasy world view that lets them live themselves.

Avatar image for thebestofthebest
ThEBeStOfTheBeST

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You gotta have to be a snowflake to get triggered by that, unironically.

fabricolage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44 said:
@amonfire1776 said:

@jashro44: Golden Age

Literally no one cares about the golden age. These characters have evolved and to be rather honest comics have evolved a lot since than. Those stories really haven't aged well.

You know too much.

Avatar image for itouchedtheboat
ITouchedTheBoat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

as a DC fan, I can honestly say he has no respect for the characters and doesn't understand them. He's just a dude whit a shitload of self confidence and 0 knowledge/concern regarding what he makes.

Man of Steel was great, but it seemed like all he cared about was Superman and everybody else in the Justice League were just his supporting characters

Amonfire1776

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By Amonfire1776

@jashro44: I disagree...the golden age had some of the best comics around and some the stories are still great...remember the general public anyways doesn't care and I don't see how more modern comics are so mich better anyways...

DaSalvadore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@webinyoureye11: "I didn't kill that man, that grenade killed that man. I only pulled the grenade's pin. It was the man's fault for having it on his person in the first place."

Really?

The_Justiciar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Snyder's bait is KoL-tier

Mike_Fowler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mrtrey: First, imo I’m glad this man ain’t directing anymore DC films for the time being,

Second, to address a particular part of what you said

“or basically every Avenger, like the time Iron Man made a robot that blew up a city and didn't even get a slap on the wrist for it”

I feel like you’re really twisting the scenarios that played out

Avatar image for deactivated-61a1b6940ec47
deactivated-61a1b6940ec47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mrnoital

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#66  Edited By Mrnoital

People like to think Batman is perfect and rational and sane, but we all know Batman has mental issues, he beats the crap out of people while dressed like a bat

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 anthp2000  Moderator

Lmao.

brucerogers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ipvman said:

Agreed 100%. Loved 300, Watchmen, Man of Steel and Batman v Superman, wish we would of got to see an uninterrupted Justice League. The "not my grandaddys Superman" crowd should really just take a seat. He was bringing a new interpretation of the character in the modern world, not 1938.

Actually Superman during that era would have made Snyder's Superman look like a boy scout. Damaging property on a whim, threatening to drop juvie's from a height and so forth. He wasn't always the uber nice guy he is well known for being.

But like others have pointed out, this was supposed to be a grand milestone where 2 of the most popular comic book characters ever would have shared screen time. And Snyder blew it big time. That's why he is getting a lot of flak.

IPvMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@brucerogers: I love Batman v Superman, so speak for yourself on that count. I love the artsy elements in it and the action is some of the best put to screen. The first Superman movie I watched was Superman: Returns, which sucked and was boring and convinced WB they need something new and fresh for Superman, which Snyder brought. Coming off the Nolan trilogy I don't think people wanted more of the same Batman either. So it was just a matter of trying to bring something new that the older heads who were still clinging onto their old comic versions of Batman and Superman couldn't accept.

As a DCEU fan I would be more than happy if Snyder directed another movie. Or at least worked behind the scenes. I can't see him not being involved when and if an MoS 2 comes around.

brucerogers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By brucerogers

@ipvman: I love Batman v Superman, so speak for yourself on that count. I love the artsy elements in it and the action is some of the best put to screen. The first Superman movie I watched was Superman: Returns, which sucked and was boring and convinced WB they need something new and fresh for Superman, which Snyder brought. Coming off the Nolan trilogy I don't think people wanted more of the same Batman either. So it was just a matter of trying to bring something new that the older heads who were still clinging onto their old comic versions of Batman and Superman couldn't accept.

Uh, I was simply telling you why he is attracting criticism. I was not trying to change your opinion or anything. Most of the reasons for said criticism are far deeper than just disliking it due to being an 'oldhead' or whatever.

As a DCEU fan I would be more than happy if Snyder directed another movie. Or at least worked behind the scenes. I can't see him not being involved when and if an MoS 2 comes around.

Good for you.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By jashro44

@amonfire1776 said:

@jashro44: I disagree...the golden age had some of the best comics around and some the stories are still great...remember the general public anyways doesn't care and I don't see how more modern comics are so mich better anyways...

Name one story from the golden age that is hailed as "some of the best comics around". Name one story from the golden age that has actually aged well.

As for the general public my friend who doesn't read comics saw man of steel and was pissed about superman breaking Zod's neck and that kryptonite wasn't used in the film. I would say superman killing Zod was more justified than batman using guns and a lot of his scenes of killing.

Also I think you would struggle to find a golden age story that compares to immortal hulk, or what Donny Cates is doing right now in venom. Its not the fault of the writers from the golden age, but comics have evolved a lot since than. The stories had no depth and they were just short comics of super heroes doing super hero stuff.

Avatar image for buttersdaman000
buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Am I the only one who doesn't give a damn that Snyder "blew" the first onscreen meeting between Batman and Superman?? I don't think any comic fan is "owed" a good movie just because it's the first time. And that's ignoring the millions of fans that liked the movie. There will be another in a decade or so anyways. Then another. Then another. It's not a big deal. I'm not mad a Joss Whedon for screwing up the first Justice League movie just because I feel like I deserved it. I'm simply mad he made a crap movie. Comic Book fans can be so damn entitled.

IPvMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@brucerogers: You didn’t tell me anything I didn’t already know. And I don’t agree he blew it because I happen to really like the movie. Your opinion isn’t fact.

brucerogers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By brucerogers

@ipvman said:

@brucerogers: You didn’t tell me anything I didn’t already know. And I don’t agree he blew it because I happen to really like the movie. Your opinion isn’t fact.

And I asserted that, where exactly? Once again, I am pointing out why is attracting flak -- not commenting on the quality of the movie itself. Or more specifically, not trying to change your opinion of it.

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 14

#75  Edited By frozen  Moderator

Says ''like'' every 5 seconds, talks like a dude-bro, casually virgin shames guys (imagine the outrage if it was slut shaming) and fundamentally misunderstands the characters. Nice.

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 frozen  Moderator

@amonfire1776: @jashro44: I've read a lot of Golden Age comics, and honestly they're not very good at all. I'd even go as far to say that many of them are unbearable, as are the Silver Age ones. The Bronze Age ones are good.

The only good thing about the Golden Age, are the stories that are written in modern day but based on that era - retroactive mythology really (so, Red Son Superman, Justice League: The New Frontier, etc). The mythology of the Golden Age is good, the actual stories from that time are crap.

Avatar image for buttersdaman000
buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frozen said:

Says ''like'' every 5 seconds, talks like a dude-bro, casually virgin shames guys (imagine the outrage if it was slut shaming) and fundamentally misunderstands the characters. Nice.

He'd fit in on CV perfectly

Avatar image for theinsufferable
TheInsufferable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sounds like a juvenile way of sounding mature.

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 frozen  Moderator
Amonfire1776

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frozen: I like them better than the bronze age to be honest...but that is just my opinion...definitely there was less of focus on storytelling but the comics were fun and certainly original.

MAZAHS117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By MAZAHS117

@buttersdaman000 said:

Comic Book fans can be so damn entitled.

This one word right here is like the elephant in the room that hardly ever gets addressed lol.

I may not agree with all his choices and creative decisions, but he certainly doesn‘t owe us ”fans/consumers” a damn thing. At the end of the day it’s his story and his version of the characters. It’s one thing if it’s not a viewers cup of tea, but man people can be suuuuuuch entitled brats.

IPvMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ipvman said:

And I asserted that, where exactly? Once again, I am pointing out why is attracting flak -- not commenting on the quality of the movie itself. Or more specifically, not trying to change your opinion of it.

Right here.

And Snyder blew it big time.

Looks like an opinion to me.

Trapezoid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By Trapezoid
KanyeCosby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah like, I agree. He is like, such a, like great director like.

Bag_ass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What an egomaniac

Alavanka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By Alavanka

Well that explains a lot.

DeathandGrim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#87  Edited By DeathandGrim

Ah yes it's the fans fault for him directing a terrible film and not providing proper character motivation and context.

SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#88 SC  Moderator

On one hand, I sympathize with Snyder. I disagree with a lot of his opinions, but I also know how to articulate my disagreement towards people in person with a degree of tact and also how to separate criticisms and compliments with the individual behind the art, when appropriate. I also know a few people who are... lets say passionate about comics, and I imagine that Snyder is confronted with a lot of angry, intense, awkward criticism, so he probably wants to vent and let steam off, and he's probably a little annoyed/upset that his DC movies haven't done so well critically or pulled in the kind of numbers WB might have wanted (not that they failed financially, just the potential for profit...)

Alternatively, this is also the same person who despite making a Watchman adaptation, that was nearly shot to shot accurate as far as recreating panels... somehow managed to miss the entire point and tone of the original story... like how can something be so accurate and inaccurate at the same time? Its like painting a picture perfect recreation of the Mona Lisa but she has ahegao face. Its also the same guy who criticized Nolan's trilogy as not being dark enough, because Batman wasn't raped. He also didn't like Marvel or DC comics when he was younger, like his friends... because not enough sex and violence.

What he does here is basically deflect criticism by painting a picture of how stubborn and neurotic some comic fans are, and some are, but imagine someone questioning him over how much he wants Batman to be raped, and how he didn't like Marvel or DC comics because not enough sex would go down? If he had to go on the defensive over his past views?

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 12

Loading Video...

Yeesh, sometimes John can be a real dumbass. Naming Tony and THor as examples and comparing them to Batman as to why it's okay for him to kill is dumb. Not even a Batman guy, and I think most defenses for the no kill rule are dumb, but I do believe that when you get down to it there is a psychological reason for Batman's no kill rule. Doesn't make him a better hero though