Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Unusedusername

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He's absolutely right. It's astounding how people couldn't understand why Batman killed in BvS especially since it's the first movie that doesn't even glorify his extreme methods or brush aside his killing like in the Nolan and Burton films.

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

His comments are so cringe worthy. This is almost as bad as the Goyer’s She Hulk and Martian Manhunter comments.

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I actually really love MOS and some of his other movies. If he keeps talking he’s gonna eventually make himself damn near unhireable...

CrimeNoir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

He doesn’t understand Superman. Why I’m not surprised. Henry Cavill left out of embrassment.

Havenless

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Havenless

Note to self: If you're hiring a director to oversee your billion dollar IP, don't get a guy who can't stop saying LIKE every third word.

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I actually really love MOS and some of his other movies. If he keeps talking he’s gonna eventually make himself damn near unhireable...

In other thread you said his movies are bad, just to bait? lol

What was actually wrong with what he said?

helloman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Whoa-nelly!! D:

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By mickey-mouse

@adamtrmm: I named he ones that were trash. MOS and some of his others were good. You’re argument against Patty didn’t make sense since Zack has entire films that were poorly received not just a “3rd act”.

Refering to fans as “whiny virgins” cause they didn’t like your film?

morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#10 morpheus_  Moderator

Snyder is a joke. Nothing else is new.

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@adamtrmm: And before u say he didn’t call them those exact words no he didn’t, but he basically inferred that they were whiny virgins living in a dream world...

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mickey-mouse:

In no place did he say "whiny". And he also says it's cool to live in a dream world. It's just not his way of doing. He wanted to do it Alan Moore way. What's so wrong with that?

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By adamTRMM

Btw wanted to say "inb4 nerd holy rage". But I guess it's too late :(

Avatar image for lone_wolf_and_cub
Lone_Wolf_and_Cub

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lmfao pathetic

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By mickey-mouse

@adamtrmm: That’s a back handed complement. Saying it’s cool to live in a dream world is like saying it’s cool to be ignorant of things or it’s cool to be super naive. It’s insulting.

Not in an enraging way mind you; he’s just talking about his own movie. But, in a cringe rolling my eyes way.

Whiny: You can infer something without ever saying the exact word(s). Which is why his response was “Wake the **** up.”

DaSalvadore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By DaSalvadore

Zack Snyder. The man who considers Watcmen to be what all comic books should be like and who is a fan of Aryn Rand's Objectivism.

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By adamTRMM

@mickey-mouse:

I do think he didn't express it the best way, but that's a living person. Sometimes things slip impulsively, then he tried to soften it a bit. Regardless, he's talking about his way of doing stuff.

Ok, I just read in a comment section he's dyslectic. I guess that explains why his interviews are always so messy.

RBT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well, that was stupid.

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Sy8000  Online

He's being ridiculous. Not liking Batman killing has nothing to do with living in a dream world or having false perceptions of "your heroes." Batman is an existing character with established traits. If he actually wanted to do what Moore did he'd use original characters...

Gaoron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Gaoron

This was like you know like BJORKIN stupid like

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sy8000 said:

He's being ridiculous. Not liking Batman killing has nothing to do with living in a dream world or having false perceptions of "your heroes." Batman is an existing character with established traits. If he actually wanted to do what Moore did he'd use original characters...

That's actually a good idea. Will solve a lot of problems.

But, the idea that there could be a menacing figure that doesn't kill is pretty ridiculous.

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By mickey-mouse

@adamtrmm: I’ll cut him slack for this, but overall he still needs to just focus on his own upcoming projects and not focus on Batman v Superman and other old movies.

His agent needs to tell him to stop.

Magian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

I liked his DCEU movies but I will disagree with him here. Just because someone doesn't like his version of the characters, doesn't mean that they live in a dream world. On the other hand people need to calm down, it is just another version of the character, we've seen a lot over the years. No need to get frustrated over something like this.

Richubs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If we start making Superheroes like real life people all the time then where is the fun in that lmao.

Realism is not equal to greatness.

phisigmatau

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

so its easier to believe a flying alien whos planet of origin speaks english and is virtually human albeit being weak to just one green rock oh and essentially having powers of demi god
than a hero with the moral fiber to avoid killing when he can?

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By adamTRMM

@mickey-mouse:

But... that was a convention with fans that ASKED him questions... It was his response to a question. I mean, it's like those who spread information can't even cover it objectively to get titles and clicks. That's why western media, with nerd media part of it, is such a bad, misleading joke. On bleedingcool they titled the piece "enraged Zack Snyder..." does he seem enraged here? sigh the fake news, modern cancer of the thought in its purest form.

But yeah, he's a terrible businessman. Knowing how he's such a target for clicks, he should've known better. He should be thinking twice or even thrice before saying anything. That's the sad reality we live in.

Amonfire1776

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Synder understands the original vision of these characters...certainly better than most fanboys...

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By mickey-mouse

@adamtrmm: He’s done this before without being peppered with questions and there is a way to be honest with also being tactful.

Well yeah especially with bait click sites he’s gotta stop.

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

MAZAHS117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Synder understands the original vision of these characters...certainly better than most fanboys...

What do you mean by "original vision of these characters"?

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 12

I find it funny how he uses Alan Moore as an excuse, when Moore is against everything Zack Snyder is when it comes to iconic heroes like Batman and Superman. Both Watchmen and Whatever Happened To The Man of Tomorrow being criticisms on dark superhero stories.

Avatar image for deactivated-60957cbcbe0f1
deactivated-60957cbcbe0f1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Like. Like. Like.

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 12

@magian said:

I liked his DCEU movies but I will disagree with him here. Just because someone doesn't like his version of the characters, doesn't mean that they live in a dream world. On the other hand people need to calm down, it is just another version of the character, we've seen a lot over the years. No need to get frustrated over something like this.

Thing is, this isn't just some elseworld story or even a random arc in comics, it's the first time these heroes are put on the big screen. That's in part where some of the frustration comes from. We'll never get an other first time of these heroes on the big screen again, this is it, and to many people he blew it. Only positive from it is that he set the bar so low that whoever comes on to do it next should feel no pressure cus he can't possible blow it this bad

Avatar image for fullmetalemprah
FullMetalEmprah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By FullMetalEmprah

It's almost like superheroes aren't realistic to begin with. Especially someone like Superman. More specifically though, he picked Batman and Superman, two characters whose moral codes are large parts of their respective characters. If he wanted a grittier, more "realistic" hero movie maybe he should have made a Punisher movie or something along those lines.

Message to Snyder, from a comic fan: We know our heroes aren't realistic, that's part of the reason we look up to them in the first place. They inspire us to be better people in general and help us overcome things by going through hardships we can resonate with. They don't have to be gritty and realistic just for the sake of it.

Magian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

Avatar image for thespartanb345t
TheSpartanB345T

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

"My heroes didn't commit any atrocities"

"You're living a dream world."

It's unrealistic for heroes to be good people? That's why VILLAINS exist, to commit atrocities.

Au_141

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He Still doesn’t understand superheroes.

Also there’s the Joker Problem. One of Batman’s hardest moral struggles is not killing even if would people deserve to die. The reason for this is not because comic fans aren’t okay with people killing it because Bruce’s tragedy led him to adopt this rigid sense of morality. There’s a reason he didn’t kill Joe Chill. And if he did kill there absolutely no explanation for any of Batman’s villains surviving.

Joker, Prof Pyg, Bane, Victor....

Additionally, Bruce does not have many morals standards to be honest. He perfectly okay with deception, torture, maiming, etc...

Why did you feel like the need to take some of what little restraint he had in the first place

Snyder never felt like directing Batman as he’s been characterized before and that why people hated BvS.(At least some of the many reasons people hate it).

The worst thing is that instead of listening to constructive feedback or letting things be as they were he chooses to criticize his fans in the same manner Disney did when we criticized the new Star Wars and the same way EA called the BF fans bigots.

Similiarly, Snyder’s biggest problem is that he is more than willing to implement stuff like this at the expense of the narrative, the characters, and what they represent...

All in all, Snyder is delusional and his vision has stunted DC in the world of Cinema.

DaSalvadore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@au_141 said:

All in all, Snyder is delusional and his vision has stunted DC in the world of Cinema.

Snyder is all about his vision. He is absolutely one of those high maintenance artists who looks to control not only the finished product but also how people feel/react to it.

I know I one-lined it earlier in the thread but his love affair with Watchmen and Aryn Rand are the exact reasons why he was always the worst option to direct a film involving Batman and/or Superman. To then have the film take inspiration from a comic that shows the two characters are their most extreme worst (attack dog of the government versus crazed vigilante) compounded the mistake. I highly suspect that Snyder looks at Dark Knight, not as one of the ways Batman and Superman can go wrong but rather how the two characters should act like all the time.

To me, Batman killing actually takes second fiddle to the travesty of what he did to Superman. The entire "the strong survive and the weak perish" mentality the Kents preached is absolutely insulting to the very core of what Superman stands for.

The film became a broken man who murders but who for some reason hasn't killed the person who killed his apprentice/adopted ward versus a man who saves people, bitches that he doesn't get the recognition his actions "deserve" while wondering if the people are even deserving of being saved while picking and choosing when to play the hero and when the martyr.

kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fullmetalemprah: What's wrong with his superman ? Clark was somewhat depressed and kind of a doofus but besides him not being cheerful his Superman is fine.

Avatar image for fullmetalemprah
FullMetalEmprah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By FullMetalEmprah

@kgb725: What I meant by that statement is that Superman isn't supposed to be realistic, but a symbol of hope for all humanity to look to. I'm only using Superman and Batman as examples, my point was that since most heroes aren't realistic(not that they can't be but most aren't) I just don't understand why he decided to do a movie on one of the most unrealistic heroes in comics. His characterization of Clark wasn't what I was criticizing as that for the most part wasn't too bad although I think part of that was Cavill's acting too.

PayneInTheAss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Was he drunk?

King-Ragnar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

His logic is about as good as his film making skills.

KrleAvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 114

#48  Edited By KrleAvenger

but you're living in a dream world...

Loading Video...

IPvMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Agreed 100%. Loved 300, Watchmen, Man of Steel and Batman v Superman, wish we would of got to see an uninterrupted Justice League. The "not my grandaddys Superman" crowd should really just take a seat. He was bringing a new interpretation of the character in the modern world, not 1938.

Avatar image for deactivated-61a1b6940ec47
deactivated-61a1b6940ec47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Loading Video...

His reasoning is always spot on