"Yu-Gi-Oh" Pitch Meeting

waezi2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

Edited By waezi2

(This parody is based on a concept by the talented Ryan George. Check out his YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/ScreenRant)

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

So, you got a game idea for me?

No Caption Provided

Yes sir, I do! It's a game from a manga that I suggest we make into a real one.

No Caption Provided

Oh my, we can make people play this game by using the manga as a commercial that already exist. I love it! What it the name of the manga?

No Caption Provided

Well, the name of the manga is Yu-Gi-Oh, but the GAME in the manga is called Magic and Wizards.

No Caption Provided

Screw that! We call it Yu-Gi-Oh so we can hammer in that this is the game from said manga. Anyways, what are the rules of this game?

No Caption Provided

I will tell you what they are: terrible!

No Caption Provided

Oh, really?

No Caption Provided

Yes, you see, once each turn, you can summon a monster from your hand completely for free as long as it is level 4 or lower. But if you wish to summon a level five or six card, you have to sacrifice a monster on the field. Two if it is a level seven or higher.

No Caption Provided

But what is the point of level 3 and lower? Those cards are by definition worse than a level 4 card, and it is not like in Magic where there is a point of having weak cards because they are cheap.

No Caption Provided

I don't know!

No Caption Provided

Fair enough.

No Caption Provided

So there are also these cards called spells and traps. Spells are card with an effect that you can use once and traps are cards you can prepare for a specific action you opponent will make.

No Caption Provided

Ah, and you can't use more than one of those each turn, like with monster cards, that meaning you have to be careful when to play them since you won't be allowed to use two spells per turn?

No Caption Provided

That would actually make sense, they even do that in the manga. But NOPE! You can use as many as you like.

No Caption Provided

Sounds like using a ton of cards and domination your opponent too fast is super easy, barely an inconvenience.

No Caption Provided

Yeah!

No Caption Provided

Hmm... So this game has rules that are extremely flawed, has several low-level cards that in theory aren't worth collecting, and if you collect the right ones you can practically win in four turns due to lack of proper restraints from using strong cards right away?

No Caption Provided

Yep, and don't get me started on special summoning of cards! That will be what this game is essentially about in order to win.

No Caption Provided

Well, at least the game will have a ton of fun cards that are worth collecting.

No Caption Provided

Yes, but then we will reprint some of the VERY rare cards as common cards, that way bumming out the people who either payed a lot of money or gave away a ton of cool cards for one that at the time was almost impossible to get!

No Caption Provided

You telling me we will make a game simply to please the fans of a manga, and then shit on these people who invested money in our product by making a cheaper version AFTER they might have sold a kidney to get said cards?! That's inhumane!

No Caption Provided

It is, but we WILL make a ton of money.

No Caption Provided

Oh, making a ton of money by tricking dumb kids is tight!

No Caption Provided

Yeah, and we will make new cards who has more or less the same effect as some already existing cards but better, making the older cards redundant!

No Caption Provided

But we WILL make it possible for the kids to make almost exact copies of the decks used by the characters in the Yu-Gi-Oh manga since that would be fun for them, right?

No Caption Provided

NOPE!

No Caption Provided

Okay, didn't think so, just checking.

No Caption Provided

AND we will make an anime series with the same plot as the manga but with terrible phasing so it will drag out and we can make more episodes by staling. A terrible commercial the kids will actually pay to see! And it won't even teach them how to play the game because the anime will follow the rules from the manga that are even worse than the official one!

No Caption Provided

Being evil is fun!

No Caption Provided

YEAH! There are no limit to our wickedness!

No Caption Provided

Well, we won't reboot the game, right?

No Caption Provided

What? And force people into buying new cards to completely replace their collection of now literally useless cards? Na, who would do such a thing?

No Caption Provided

Aros001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

The pacing issues are definitely why I stick with the manga for the OG series (also American censorship issues). GX was at least episodic, with most duels only being an episode or two.

I can't get into the game itself as much as I used to. Once 5Ds came out, everything was about Syncros. If you want to win, then you HAVE to use Syncros or else you don't stand a chance. Then came Zexal and if you want to win you HAVE to use XYZs. Now we have Pendulum summons and Links, the latter which they had to alter the rules of the game drastically for. GX had a lot of fusions but there were plenty of other options if you didn't want to run a fusion deck.

waezi2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

@aros001 said:

The pacing issues are definitely why I stick with the manga for the OG series (also American censorship issues). GX was at least episodic, with most duels only being an episode or two.

I can't get into the game itself as much as I used to. Once 5Ds came out, everything was about Syncros. If you want to win, then you HAVE to use Syncros or else you don't stand a chance. Then came Zexal and if you want to win you HAVE to use XYZs. Now we have Pendulum summons and Links, the latter which they had to alter the rules of the game drastically for. GX had a lot of fusions but there were plenty of other options if you didn't want to run a fusion deck.

The GX generation was when the game was at it's best. And the anime even had people using old cards which was a nice detail since it was both a commercial for new cards as well as making us aware of older strategies that still worked.

ReaperTheGrim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

eh id argue the only real problem with yugioh is the absurd special summon spam and extremely limited player interaction.