Your thoughts on Faora's feat?

godzilla44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

Poll Your thoughts on Faora's feat? (64 votes)

Pretty damn good 53%
Meh 17%
Spider-Man could that 11%
Nighty night Thor 19%

I've seen Faora coming up a lot more recently in the battle forums but noticed this feat gets overlooked a lot on there and was wondering what's everyone's thoughts on it?

No Caption Provided

• 
The_Hajduk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

It’s one of the best strength feats ever.

Darkthunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A very good strength feat but an outlier unfortunately

godzilla44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

takenstew22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 takenstew22  Moderator

@darkthunder: How is it an outlier?

Because he doesn't like it.

OT: It's pretty good. Nighty night Thor.

Avatar image for supermanfan1938
Supermanfan1938

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Supermanfan1938

MCU spider-man through SCALING becomes star level (Thor is star level and failed to hurt Thanos while Spider-Man staggered him multiple times) and no sells that attack

Avatar image for kryptonianking88
KryptonianKing88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@godzilla44: Is it that midland guy?

Don't know the veracity of Faora having nuke level throws though but it's impressive she threw Clark hard enough to seriously dent that thing

Gaoron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I mean it's a pretty good feat for lower end Kryptonians but it's not "nighty nighting" Thor any time soon, we are talking about a guy that no sold this:

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for thespartanb345t
TheSpartanB345T

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lmao at the "nighty-night Thor" option.

It's a great feat for sure.

Marvelitez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gaoron said:

I mean it's a pretty good feat for lower end Kryptonians but it's not "nighty nighting" Thor any time soon, we are talking about a guy that no sold this:

No Caption Provided

Feats for that explosion. I need calcs too

Avatar image for deactivated-5eadbe7fcf64f
deactivated-5eadbe7fcf64f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Underrated feat? It's in almost every dceu kryptonian thread there is lol

Heatforce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Anyone calc how far she threw clark?

ourmanuel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

KoL tier

The_Hajduk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cull replicated this feat with the much heavier Iron Man.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d7ad417f1919
deactivated-5d7ad417f1919

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's a good showing.

godzilla44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Anyone know what takes to damage a bank vault like that?

Amcu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Its her best strength feat but its not overlooked or underrated.

Avatar image for kryptonianking88
KryptonianKing88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@marvelitez:

OBD made Thor like large planet based off that feat lol

Bayman007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

She's awesome

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 rogueshadow  Moderator

Great feat. She threw him with such force that after travelling several hundred feet and through a building wall, he still retained enough force to wreck the entire side of a thick steel bank vault.

Though, the fact that it was Superman doesn’t really contribute to its impressiveness, he was a 240 lbs dead weight when she threw him, she didn’t overcome his strength to accomplish this.

Eri_Joni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Eri_Joni  Online

@amcu said:

Its her best strength feat but its not overlooked or underrated.

cocacolaman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 cocacolaman  Moderator

That seems like it's at least a few hundred tons. Likely superior to what Wonder Woman and Steppenwolf could do. Not on the level of the other Kryptonians, though.

Avatar image for deactivated-6052e8e44cb84
deactivated-6052e8e44cb84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Definitely a hundred ton feat. But Kurse throwing a hundred ton boulder is better.

Avatar image for supermanfan1938
Supermanfan1938

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Faora low diffs 99% of MCU

Darkthunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

thanosii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's a good feat a solid high mid tier feat. Zods upper cut is better

Nucleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

She still didn't bruise Superman, so I take it a falling oil rig causes more damage.

Batvibe12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

It's a impressive feat for sure.

godzilla44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

incursion2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's not underrated, I see it all the time. I will say Hulk and Kurse throwing the boulders is more impressive because Superman is like what? 240 pounds of deadweight in that scene, compared to the several tons of the boulders.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tony went flying through walls. He never crashed into a bank vault.

The_Hajduk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44 said:
@the_hajduk said:

Tony went flying through walls. He never crashed into a bank vault.

He crashed into a building and came out the other side. There's more than two walls inside a building. To me that is more impressive than denting a bank vault. Tony also kept going after the building.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_hajduk: Bank vaults have survived nuclear bombs. I don't think Cull's feat is as good as Faora's.

The_Hajduk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44 said:

@the_hajduk: Bank vaults have survived nuclear bombs. I don't think Cull's feat is as good as Faora's.

Fallacious argument. You're saying Faora's throw was nuke level?

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44 said:

Fallacious argument. You're saying Faora's throw was nuke level?

No...not at all. I'm saying a bank vault is a lot more durable than a building wall.

The_Hajduk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44: Let me explain how fallacious your argument is.

You said that bank vaults have survived nukes. But never in history has a nuke directly impacted a bank vault, and then the bank vault survived. What I presume you mean is that a nuke goes off somewhere, and then miles away a random bank vault survived being within the blast radius.

Buildings have also survived nuclear bombs by that definition.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_hajduk:

Let me explain how fallacious your argument is.

You said that bank vaults have survived nukes. But never in history has a nuke directly impacted a bank vault, and then the bank vault survived.

Rather than accusing me of fallacies why don't you do some research? There was a bank vault that famously survived the Hiroshima bombing.

Those buildings constructed of steel and concrete in Hiroshima were best able to stand the explosion and hence protected their contents to some degree. …The explosions cracked the exteriors, tore the cement floors into pieces and the fire which followed gutted the buildings of all else. Those buildings constructed of reinforced concrete only, such as the Teikou [sic] Bank, were damaged to a larger degree. Those built of wood or brick were completely demolished.
Two Mosler bank vaults, one being located at the Teikou [sic] Bank in Hiroshima and the other located in the Geibi Bank in Kure, were in excellent condition and were in operation.

http://conelrad.blogspot.com/2010/08/unbreakable-hiroshima-and-mosler-safe.html

What I presume you mean is that a nuke goes off somewhere, and then miles away a random bank vault survived being within the blast radius.

Not the same way as the bank vaults.

MrTrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By MrTrey

@the_hajduk: @jashro44:

Concrete tensile strength: 300-700 psi.

Common bank vault yield strength: ~220,000 psi.

People here always underestimate how tough shit is, you're all so off constantly.

"These characters are 100-tonners." "Nu-uh, they're 1,000-tonners."

Like, this shit is always so fucking stupid because it's obvious they're all so beyond that if anyone on this site knew a fucking iota of physics or material science.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mrtrey: Relax man. No one comes to a site about comic characters to study physics.

Thanks for the input though.

TheHolyFish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It’s a good feat for someone of her tier.

The_Hajduk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44 said:

@the_hajduk:

Let me explain how fallacious your argument is.

You said that bank vaults have survived nukes. But never in history has a nuke directly impacted a bank vault, and then the bank vault survived.

Rather than accusing me of fallacies why don't you do some research? There was a bank vault that famously survived the Hiroshima bombing.

Those buildings constructed of steel and concrete in Hiroshima were best able to stand the explosion and hence protected their contents to some degree. …The explosions cracked the exteriors, tore the cement floors into pieces and the fire which followed gutted the buildings of all else. Those buildings constructed of reinforced concrete only, such as the Teikou [sic] Bank, were damaged to a larger degree. Those built of wood or brick were completely demolished.
Two Mosler bank vaults, one being located at the Teikou [sic] Bank in Hiroshima and the other located in the Geibi Bank in Kure, were in excellent condition and were in operation.

http://conelrad.blogspot.com/2010/08/unbreakable-hiroshima-and-mosler-safe.html

What I presume you mean is that a nuke goes off somewhere, and then miles away a random bank vault survived being within the blast radius.

Not the same way as the bank vaults.

Your quote says that "buildings constructed of steel and concrete were best able to stand the explosion, and protected their contents to some degree." That right there proves my point. A bank vault can't survive a direct hit from a nuke. It just so happens that a random bank vault happened to survive due to various factors (like being shielded by the building it was inside of)

Killer Croc broke a bank vault. Raimi Doc Ock broke a bank vault. I'm not taking away from Faora's feat, but throwing someone through one end of a building and out the other side (who knows how many walls and other stuff got in Tony's path) is pretty much on the same tier.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_hajduk:

Your quote says that "buildings constructed of steel and concrete were best able to stand the explosion, and protected their contents to some degree." That right there proves my point. A bank vault can't survive a direct hit from a nuke. It just so happens that a random bank vault happened to survive due to various factors (like being shielded by the building it was inside of)

You didn't read the full quote. Buildings that were constructed of concrete only like the Tekiou bank were damaged to a much larger drgee than the ones made of concrete and steel. The Teikou bank was completely destroyed and the article even says they rebuilt the building around the still standing banks.

There is also the information posted in post 42.

Killer Croc broke a bank vault. Raimi Doc Ock broke a bank vault. I'm not taking away from Faora's feat, but throwing someone through one end of a building and out the other side (who knows how many walls and other stuff got in Tony's path) is pretty much on the same tier.

As I said it doesn't take a nuke to destroy a bank vault. But a bank vault is far more durable than a concrete wall to the point I would say Faora's feat is better.

Kevd4wg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's certainly impressive, but it's not like insane or anything.

The_Hajduk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By The_Hajduk

@jashro44: The information in post 42 is incomplete. First of all Cull broke more than concrete. That building was probably steel reinforced. If Iron Man broke multiple walls then he went through quite a lot of steel reinforcement.

Secondly he posted the yield strength of concrete vs bank vault... but the bank vault didn't reach its yield strength. Superman did not penetrate it. Iron Man DID penetrate.

Iron Man also penetrated multiple surfaces. He first smashed into the sidewalk and cratered the ground. Then he busted through one wall, and then at least one more on his way out. Each of these surfaces would have slowed his momentum, but he still had the force to break completely through, then go sliding through the park and break a tree.

If you want to say Faora's feat is a bit stronger that's fine. I just don't see a super big difference.

nwname

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By nwname  Moderator

@mrtrey said:

@the_hajduk: @jashro44:

Concrete tensile strength: 300-700 psi.

Common bank vault yield strength: ~220,000 psi.

People here always underestimate how tough shit is, you're all so off constantly.

"These characters are 100-tonners." "Nu-uh, they're 1,000-tonners."

Like, this shit is always so fucking stupid because it's obvious they're all so beyond that if anyone on this site knew a fucking iota of physics or material science.

Brittle materials have low tensile strength and high compressive strength and in most cases concrete gets crushed ie compressive failure. And thats not how bending works. Deformation in nearly every case happens part by part thus greatly reducing the force. Otherwise making a 6 cm horizontal bend on an 0.01 cm thick aliminum soda can would take 0.0001 x 0.06 x 276 MPa yield strength = 1656 Newtons. And obviously it does not take that much force any one can casually bend them.

Unrelated to topic but: What you said in another thread is correct. It looks like Ares really does vaporize the ground and thats nuke level.