boombox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By boombox

Spoilers ahead (obviously)—>

personally, i‘m disappointed with thor being fat. there was hardly any lightning in his eyes, the 6 circles on his armor didn’t light up either. from The way I see it, by weakening the og 6 (Actually killing 2 of them) they wanna make space for the newer generation of avengers to come.

apart from Thor, the movie did meet my expectations, I loved it. Portrayal of the Avengers‘ anxiousness was great imo. A great way to watch the og 6 one last time putting their lives on the line.

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Maybe try fleshing out your reviews a little more.

krisbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By krisbishop  Moderator

Spoilers Ahead for anyone who hasn't seen the film.

Flaws:

• Thor was perhaps the largest flaw of the film. His character was just butchered for pure comic relief, and destroyed what they've built on him so far. Giving the throne to Valkyrie? C'mon. But seeing as how he seems to be on for Phase 4, we'll see how he goes from there. Maybe Marvel has some plans for him. Asguardians of the Galaxy?
  • Hulk was a controversial one for me. After being on the weak side for Infinity War, I thought this movie might restore some smashing. But of course they chose to complete his 3-movie character arc in a different way. And I know a lot of Hulk fans might be disappointed. But others would like it. Subjective to opinion.
  • One scene I actually cringed was the All-Female Girl-Power Avengers Taking On Thanos Together scene. But I should have expected Disney to want to cater to the feminists. Like how Valkyrie was made the Queen when she's had zero leadership qualities.
  • As TheAmazingSpidey pointed out as well, Black Widow's death was glossed over pretty insignificantly. Sure, they dedicated one scene for mourning, but that's it. Even at the end when they held a funeral for Tony Stark, she wasn't even included. A bit disappointing.
  • Bucky never got a final scene together with Steve. I can accept him passing the mantle to Falcon, but not this.

Okay, I think these are the major flaws. Now that they're out of the way, here are the good stuff.

Good Stuff:

• The first half of the movie was like a Mission Impossible movie, and in a good way. Revisiting the old movies was a great way to reward long-time Marvel fans. It provided more story to the 2012 Avengers movie and got a little expansion on characters and stories. I loved the return of Ancient One and how she was defending the sanctum from the Chitauri as well.
  • Not only that, they provided great scenes like Tony meeting his dad and Thor meeting his mother, both whom they parted with without a proper goodbye. Cap sees but doesn't interact with Peggy, but it still pays off later in the movie. Tony's death and Cap's retirement were wonderful wrap-ups to their character arcs. I couldn't think of any better. Satisfying finish.
  • Cap proves he was worthy of Mjolnir all long. C'mon. That scene was pure badass. Topped only by the next scene.
  • Avengers Assemble. Something lifted right out of a comic book fan's dream. No words can describe it.
  • Tony ends the Infinity Saga and his own life with the words that started it. "I am Iron Man."
  • Cap finally gets to live the life he's always wanted. This has been built up to since TWS and Age of Ultron. The pay off was great.
  • They wrapped up the story of the OG Avengers pretty well and paved the way for the new. I truly can't wait.

And that's my review. Just my opinion though.

The movie would rate about 9/10 as a CBM fan, but probably a 7.5 more objectively. It had its flaws but its strengths more than make up for it in a satisfying conclusion to the Infinity Saga.

Now just wait for BalancedTruth or LuminousHydra to come along and call this movie a complete garbage or something.

GGtinyPP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Thor is going to be in the guardians of the galaxy volume 3 which will hopefully revive his character, marvel wanted to do more with Thor and having him as this overpowered god will cause him to become more "superman" like with very little conflict. Bring in more conflict will bring more greatness to this massive character.

Asgaard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ggtinypp said:

Thor is going to be in the guardians of the galaxy volume 3 which will hopefully revive his character, marvel wanted to do more with Thor and having him as this overpowered god will cause him to become more "superman" like with very little conflict. Bring in more conflict will bring more greatness to this massive character.

With comments like yours i start to realize better why Marvel (and now its all marvel not just the comics) completely butchered Thor after he became popular, and the worse part is that you and most of the people that delve into Thor don't realize who he really was or is supposed to be.

See, one of the many awesome parts about Thor is that he is nothing like Superman or any of the other popular American heroes, he is inspired in Viking mythology, where there very specific beliefs about warrior spirit, honor, nobility and worthiness, Thor is NOT Batman or any of the heavy conflicted American heroes, marvel may want to make him popular like the most popular super heroes but currently is destroying his core.

Also don't see how Thor/Asgard worldbuilding needs this (baldly done) messed up Thor, even the Guardians worldbuilding i don't see it working, speaking of that and since you maybe be right and Thor last arc could be done in Guardians, its disrespectful for the character since even if people don't remember back in 2011 when comic book movies were nowhere near the current popularity, (Green Lantern totally bombed) it was 2011 Thor movie that grabbed Iron's Man hand and said, yest we are building a successful cinematic universe.

Shinne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

9.7.... Best MCU movie I've ever seen. I was a bit sceptical at first, but this is definitely one of my favorite movie of all time (in general).

Why isn't it a 10?:

• Minus 0.1 because I had to hold my pee for the whole second half of the movie
  • Another minus 0.1 because the time travel stuff is a bit confusing, and I'm sure it's flawed in some ways
  • Another minus 0.1 for plot armor
  • I wanted to minus it more because they nerfed Hulk and Thor, but seeing how awesome and badass the female characters were. They balanced each other out.
BalancedTruth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By BalancedTruth

Very mediocre

Most people I have talked to didn’t like it also

Thorthunder98

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I enjoyed it as a whole and the final battle was a crazy spectacle but yea they ruined Thor which just becomes more of an issue to me the more I think on it, especially after how great he was in IW there are sooo many other routes they could've taken. Also Hulk was pushed to the side too and didn't even get a fight scene.

And of course the Russo brothers wanked the hell out of Cap as usual even though some scenes were badass with him

Mekboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Like a 6 maybe.

Way too many characters were flat out worthless.

TheGodblast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Strictly speaking, take Thor, Hulk, Hawk and Nat out and it doesn't even make much difference. What was supposed to be the goodbye to the OG6 turned into Cap and Tonyfest. Carol and Wanda were shown to be nearly unstoppable, completely negating any need for either Hulk or Thor. Nat was just there in the movie to basically die, and Hawk was there to...well accompany Nat to her death.

They ruined Thor and Hulk, gave Nat and Hawk the short end of the stick just to fucking make Cap stand out, and make the upcoming female lead Avengers look so powerful that there's no need to even mention Thor and Hulk. Like i get Marvel is desperately pushing for a more female oriented and driven universe with strong characters, but no need to destroy and go against characters of male heroes!

Should have just renamed the movie to - Captain America : Endgame

Thor already took a huge blow to his own world-building just to set up the MCU. Like discarded his dozen of powers away, discarded any Asgard and mytho world-building just to be more human and spent 3/4th of his movie on earth as a human. IS THIS HOW YOU REPAY HIM!?

Not giving any more than 5/10.

Avatar image for freakystuff2001
Freakystuff2001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Freakystuff2001

So, I want to say goodbye and farewell to:

1. Tony Stark, he dies a hero, sacrificing his happy family life for the better of the universe. Really epic and heartbreaking at the same time....

2. Natasha, redeeming herself for her dark past, also can be considered a hero's death.

3. Steve Rogers,.. farewell to a simply outstanding human being, the only mortal worthy of Mjolnir. Eventhough he still lives as an old man, but this is the last time we see Steve. Really makes me sad...

4. Thor.. Farewell for what?

Farewell to Thor, God of Thunder, the stoic and noble warrior, farewell to Thor, once the most powerful Avenger, as I'm afraid we won't see this Thor that we love, ever again. Replaced by another Thor, who's a complete joker, negligent, and so really really out of character. And I will never say welcome to this new version of Thor..

But overall, the movie itself is just plain amazing. Like many have said, the only major flaw from it, is how they choose to handle Thor with seemingly new direction, which I'm not sure we're going to like.

Soratoumiga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It lived up to its hype, it was definitely better than Infinity War, one of the best MCU movies, and superhero movies in general. Yes, there were some flaws and questionable decisions, but overall, well above average. 9.3-9.5/10.

Asgaard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thorthunder98: thor was never good to begin with. He was just more pathetic in endgame.

If that was the case no one would care with the last portrayal... LOL

Let my guess your fav. character is.... Superman...

TheGodblast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By TheGodblast

@ggtinypp said:

And there is the problem you have with Thor. Give him a good movie where he shows his powers coupled with good story and characterization, and the following couple movies all his characterization gets neglected and he turned into a punching bag and comic relief cracking jokes at inappropriate times.

As for him being over-powered, he never is. Hela was still way above him even after cloak. Surtur was just a dream. You can have Thor show his powers and still struggle because there is no shortage of villains who are stronger than Thor. You could have just made an epic fight of Thor going against Thanos with all his powers in the field MOS style and struggle or eventually beaten. But he should always go down like a boss if that's what you want for the antagonist to pose a high threat. Sadly, he is made to forget his power and just swing his fists even slower than a human boxer does, at his opponents. Proceeds to get thrown around like a ball and bleeds every two minutes. This is not how you manage him. Just look at how beautifully Taiki managed him.

I think you're just confusing conflict with butchering or just using it as an excuse. What Thor did in Endgame does against his character. It's a straight up butcher from Ragnarok and even out of character from IW. Hell even in EG, it was totally random. Like someone at Marvel gave a last second suggestion what to do with Thor!

Explanations like these is what fuels Marvel to go joke/punching-bag route with Thor. Sad to see guys familiar with his character taking all the piss as correct and character progression and justifying it.

Comic Thor would have went ham on Thanos in the final battle, and even while pinned down by Thanos, would have replied to Thanos's provocation or something with epic phrase like - I, CARE, NOT! Followed by a huge lightning bolt from sky blowing Thanos's armor off and injuring him while taking the KO himself.

Galactic_1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would give it a solid 8/10.

basically my favorite superhero movie

Vulkanian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It’s good if you don’t care about decent storytelling and turn off your brain to see an action movie.

If you think about it you realize it has a lot of problems real quick.

I swear the Russo’s have something against Hulk and Thor, and a huge boner for Captain America and Iron Man. They might as well have killed off Hulk and Thor in Endgame instead of butchering them.

Darkthunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hope Thor is redeemed in Thor 4 by waititi. And yeah after eg I am never gonna watch a Russo bros movi

Avatar image for deactivated-5cc746539ff3b
deactivated-5cc746539ff3b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's a solid 9.

They did Thor bad but, Thor 4 has been pitched and he could be in GOTG

helloman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By helloman

Hmm.

Avatar image for war_of_light_2814
war of light_2814

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The middle is kinda boring but the final make up for it. I can't even remember the last time I got goosebumps in the theatre.

8-9/10.

Asgaard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Asgaard
@luminoushydra said:

@asgaard: All he had in his last portrayal are unquantifiable feats. The neutron star, splitting the Infinity gauntlet beam. None of that can ascertain how strong he is. His hammer slam is also weaker than Superman vs Zod's single bullrush and Steppenwolf's axe slam.

I never said my favorite character is Supes.

I really don't understand how come some of you guys don't have the awareness of how pathetic this feats stuff really is... ITS REALLY PATHETIC... And most of the time makes a lot of us cringe and be ashamed of belonging to such environment...

Thor problems in Endgame had nothing to do with feats or power levels (in that department the narrative was constantly highlighting how he was fat and out of shape meaning that IW Thor was too powerful for a no Infinity stones Thanos) , what really made Thor cool in previous movies were not really his power levels but scenes like the one when Hela destroyed his hammer and he still wanted to fight her or his IW conversation with Rocket ... That is Thor NOT Endgame Thor...

Feats its not what make movies (or fiction in general) good or bad... That can be learned with like 10 years old or less...

Thorthunder98

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@asgaard: All he had in his last portrayal are unquantifiable feats. The neutron star, splitting the Infinity gauntlet beam. None of that can ascertain how strong he is. His hammer slam is also weaker than Superman vs Zod's single bullrush and Steppenwolf's axe slam.

I never said my favorite character is Supes.

lol so your value of a character is based solely on feats, lmao that's quite pathetic tbh.

Buckstop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

6-7 tbh.

red_ruby_petal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So many moments could have happened, but I'd still give it a solid 9/10 because of its satisfying conclusion and the amount of feels and nostalgia watching them go back and see themselves back then, though it did leave me empty considering I'd have to see so many actors and characters go.

Ianosm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It would be a 7 or so for me. The only characters who have had consistent showings or development over the avengers films have been Cap and Iron Man. The rest of the avengers are mostly just sidelined again here. Honestly if you removed say Thor altogether from this film it would have no impact on the story. Thats how little he actually does.

Really didn't get the need for Captain Marvel to be introduced at this stage at all. She makes the rest of them look ridiculously weak in the few tiny moments she is in the film, which is a shame on the original avengers who should have got moments to shine. Hulk/thor could have and should have taken her place for those moments. Finish out their story and then introduce her.

nightgate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The movie was alright. But sitting in a seat for 3 hours for an alright movie isn’t good.

huthimamwa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By huthimamwa

Am I the only one who thinks they made Thor weak and out of shape so that he wouldn't make the rest of the Guardians of the Galaxy useless when he joined their team? Prime Thor from Infinity War would be a terrible addition to the GotG because of how much massively more powerful he was than any of them. But fat Thor who spent 5 straight years sitting on his ass, drinking beer, getting fat, and playing Fortnight? He was very clearly weaker than he use to be. He is now closer to the level of the rest of the GotG. He'll make a solid addition to their team at the level he is at now without overshadowing the rest of them too much. I'm looking forward to it.

Emanresu_20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It’s sad people are really giving this movie 5-6/10 because Thor didn’t stand out. The funny part is Captain America and Iron man have more to do with the Avengers than Thor.

This movie was 9.5/10 for me.

MAZAHS117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Very good. There were a few things that kept it from being a perfect film for me, but I really enjoyed it. Def pulled at the heart strings in certain moments. Overall the movie felt like “closure” if I had to give a single word to describe it.

huthimamwa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@emanresu_20: dont you know that the more impressive feats there are in a movie, the better the movie objectively is? Nothing else matters.

Aka_aka_aka_ak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

6/10.

I think people are blinded by hype and spectacle.

Flaws:

• Thor was a joke and nerfed to oblivion
  • Thor abandoned his people at the end after everything they'd been through
  • Hulk did absolutely nothing that Banner couldn't have, arguably the snap but the whole "radiation is mostly gamma" was just so that they had a reason for Thor not to
  • The fact that Cap went back to a different timeline at the end of the film, yet was an old man in our timeline; the film constantly told us that's not how this time travel works
  • Ancient One said removing 1 stone from a reality could be catastrophic, the current reality has all 6 removed. Dormammu can just return now
  • They now have time travel to abuse however they want- why didn't Thor go back to past Asgard to stay as Cap did?
  • Really, no other race in the MCU ever perfected time travel?
  • All women scene made me cringe so hard, so either they (being the characters) deliberately only assembled the women, which should not be a factor when there's so much urgency or it was just some massive coincidence that all the women were there, either way it takes you out of the moment completely
  • We finally got the fight we've been waiting for with everyone, yet we actually hardly saw most of them fight. No Asgardians were seen fighting (and they were all wearing armour despite not being soldiers and not knowing that Dr.Strange was about to summon them to fight), the average sorcerer should still be incredibly powerful; we should've seen Leviathans getting trapped in the mirror dimension.
  • Fortnite
  • It was all too easy in the end, after the struggle of Infinity War reversing it was actually a piece of cake. Tony perfected time travel in what, a day? From there the only fight was the one at the end.
  • How did Captain Marvel find Tony/Nebula at the start?
  • There was absolutely no urgency to return the stones, yet they did so with haste
  • So Thanos didn't need Eitri and Nidavellir at all? A 21st century human technology gauntlet does the exact same thing?
  • Ancient One had absolutely no reason to hand the time stone over, which she said and then it was just lampshaded
  • With time travel there's absolutely no urgency or risk, as we saw they can always just use their return particles to go back and get more particles
  • Many missed opportunities when returning to the past, e.g. Thor with the Dark Elves, or more from the sanctum during the Chitauri invasion, just a few things like that that would've been cool to see.
  • Everything is totally messed up and out of sync and they act like everything is resolved, like Peter returned to School- half his former class mates are in their 20s now, the economy is all over the place.

Good Stuff:

• Despite what I said above, I did enjoy the return of some of the characters that we saw. It was nice seeing Asgard again.
  • Basically everything they did with Tony (except easily mastering time travel)
  • Cap Mjolnir
  • Nice usage of future knowledge (e.g. Hydra and Bucky being alive)
  • The entrance of everyone at the end battle
  • Giant Man vs Laviathan and Cull Obsidian
  • Black Widow's arc throughout the film

huthimamwa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

....anybody else wondering why Hawkeye's house arrest was a longer sentence than Scott's?

Emanresu_20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Emanresu_20

@huthimamwa:

Oh silly me. I meant MAH FEATS!!!

It wasn’t Scott was still on house arrest lol

Emanresu_20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Emanresu_20

@aka_aka_aka_ak:

A lot of the things you said were mainly a result of you not paying attention.

NiteLite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'll give a bigger review tomorrow by for now I'm giving the movie 9.8/10

-0.1 for Thor,who was a joke.

-0.1 for Captain Marvel and Wanda being too overpowered and Hulk being the one to snap,the gamma thing was basically an excuse for not using Thor.

Also,there's one thing,I thing Natasha should also have been given a funeral along with Tony.

FaradaySloth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

10/10 Very happy that it wasn't a Marvel movie

huthimamwa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By huthimamwa

@emanresu_20: but he wasn't. At the time of the snap, Scott was free, his sentence was up and he was playing Quantum-science with the Pyms.

Also at the time of the snap, Clint was still ankle-braced.

Aka_aka_aka_ak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@aka_aka_aka_ak:

A lot of the things you said were mainly a result of you not paying attention.

Give a single such example then

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 the_stegman  Moderator

7/10. Much like Aquaman, it had an ok first two acts and a good finish. Also, spoiler question:

When Steve went back to be with Peggy, how did he come back to the current timeline? Didn't they say changing the past would make an alternate timeline? So shouldn't he be living in an alternate reality? Not aging through the one he knew?

godzilla44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#42  Edited By godzilla44

It's now my favorite MCU movie, definitely the most emotional MCU movie to date.

Emanresu_20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Emanresu_20

@aka_aka_aka_ak:

Thor despite being strong enough to use it was not in the right state of mind to use the gems. At this point he’s broken and quite frankly the most broken. I wouldn’t trust him with the gems to begin with. For all we k is he could have e used it to bring back his mother or the part of Asguard that wasn’t dusted. Mess it all up basically.

Want another example?

DaSalvadore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm massively disappointed (but not surprised at all) by people's reaction to what happened to Thor. Aside from a slight overuse of the change, it makes perfect sense for this character, this man, to end up like this.

In the Infinity War conversation between Thor and Rocket, Thor makes the comment "what else have I got to lose?" He has lost his family, his people, his kingdom, his friends. The man's life as he knows it is over. A man who was a proud warrior and the golden son of the royal family. In a Viking society of warriors, honour, and glory, Thor had been brought to his lowest and now he was on the road to reclaiming his honour and avenging everything and everyone he lost. He was going to come out victorious again.

Thor was going to win because Thor couldn't comprehend what would happen if he lost. To quote Cap from Endgame "he didn't know what he would do if it didn't work."

Except...it didn't work. Thor failed. The snap happened. Thor had a chance to avenge everyone and stop the snap. He was the last man standing. The Warrior King who would stop the devil himself at the midnight hour. And he failed.

I can only assume that everyone slagging on Thor becoming a drunkard who hid away from the world has never had their own perceptions shattered and their nice little lives ripped apart by forces they couldn't control but feel like they should have been able to. Despite the jokey aspect of Thor in Endgame, his mental collapse makes absolute sense.

And people wonder why it gets annoying to hear complaints about MCU not being "deep" enough. Sheesh.

godzilla44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I do have one question if anyone can answer? Since Cap went back in time to return the stones and stayed there wouldn't there be two Steve Rogers? One married with Peggy the other frozen in ice?

titing2101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm massively disappointed (but not surprised at all) by people's reaction to what happened to Thor. Aside from a slight overuse of the change, it makes perfect sense for this character, this man, to end up like this.

In the Infinity War conversation between Thor and Rocket, Thor makes the comment "what else have I got to lose?" He has lost his family, his people, his kingdom, his friends. The man's life as he knows it is over. A man who was a proud warrior and the golden son of the royal family. In a Viking society of warriors, honour, and glory, Thor had been brought to his lowest and now he was on the road to reclaiming his honour and avenging everything and everyone he lost. He was going to come out victorious again.

Thor was going to win because Thor couldn't comprehend what would happen if he lost. To quote Cap from Endgame "he didn't know what he would do if it didn't work."

Except...it didn't work. Thor failed. The snap happened. Thor had a chance to avenge everyone and stop the snap. He was the last man standing. The Warrior King who would stop the devil himself at the midnight hour. And he failed.

I can only assume that everyone slagging on Thor becoming a drunkard who hid away from the world has never had their own perceptions shattered and their nice little lives ripped apart by forces they couldn't control but feel like they should have been able to. Despite the jokey aspect of Thor in Endgame, his mental collapse makes absolute sense.

And people wonder why it gets annoying to hear complaints about MCU not being "deep" enough. Sheesh.

couldnt have said it better, i was composing this kind of explanation earlier but was not sure if my post was good to enough to be understood! thanks for this man

Y2G

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dasalvadore: I think people are more mad that he became comic relief than the fact that he let himself go. The latter makes sense story wise.

titing2101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@y2g said:

@dasalvadore: I think people are more mad that he became comic relief than the fact that he let himself go. The latter makes sense story wise.

plus his performance in the final battle, people , including me were expecting that he'd show a good fight. I was hoping just a couple of hits land.

Michaelbn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I saw the hdcam version two days ago. As a CBM I give it an 8.5 or 9 as a movie in general somewhere around 6.5 and 7.5

*SPOILERS*

Cons

1. Thor being fat and super-care-free was good and hilarious but keeping him like that throughout the whole movie and being nerfed in the final fight was disappointing.
  2. Professor Hulk was great and funny but he's also a great example of wasted potential, Bruce Banner was more effective in the whole movie than Hulk.
  3. Ronin is even a much larger wasted potential than Prof.Hulk.
  4. The beginning wasn't that good. Everything happened too soon and as easy as you can imagine.
  5. The first minutes with "AMA WAHMAN" doing everything was so f**king forced and cringy.
  6. Time-Travel was a huge letdown, I mean I expected something comic book-ish like X-Men DOFP but instead, I got a Mission Impossible with people doing heists and just escaping from the time. Even a few minutes showing them teaming up with their past counterparts would've been super awesome.
  7. Black Widow's death wasn't impactful or sad or anything and I was completely stone-faced like RDJ; maybe it was rushed or Scarjo's acting wasn't good or anything but it didn't do anything to me.
  8. Return of dead people and all of them teaming up was more like a fanfiction.
  9. That A-Force cringy and forced moment.
  10. Nothing has happened in 5 years for those who died.

Pros

1. Even with hdcam, the visuals were gorgeous.
  2. Time-Travel.
  3. Stan Lee.
  4. Time-Travel meetings.
  5. Fat Thor.
  6. Balanced focus on characters.
  7. Score.
  8. Narrative.
  9. Not forcing "AMA WAHMAN" throughout the whole movie.
  10. Hawkeye.
  11. Tony's interaction with his father.
  12. Performances (especially by RDJ and Renner).
  13. Some cool notes from the
  14. past.
  15. The Finale.
  16. Tony killing Thanos with the sentence that started all of this "I AM IRONMAN" it was pure badassery.
  17. The plot twist.
  18. Thanos' death.
  19. Great yet sad ending with Tony's death, it didn't moved me like Logan's death but still it was sad and depressing.
  20. The final scenewith Steve and Peggy is just out of words.
  21. No post credit scene.

I hate IW and don't see anything special about it but this one was something else for me.

Aka_aka_aka_ak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Aka_aka_aka_ak

@emanresu_20 said:

@aka_aka_aka_ak:

Thor despite being strong enough to use it was not in the right state of mind to use the gems. At this point he’s broken and quite frankly the most broken. I wouldn’t trust him with the gems to begin with. For all we k is he could have e used it to bring back his mother or the part of Asguard that wasn’t dusted. Mess it all up basically.

Want another example?

What are you talking about? You just need to snap your fingers with intent, his mental health is irrelevant. Ok, so let's say he brings back Asgard too, so what? How does that mess anything up? Thor had just had a pep talk from Frigga and Mjolnir had confirmed he was still worthy, at this point he wanted to make up for what he saw as his mistake, he was the least likely out of any of them to be selfish at that point. Also, given that they now have access to time travel, why would he bring back his mother, he can now visit her whenever he wants.

I didn't even make this argument anyway..

So yes, let's have an actual example. In fact, you said MOST of what I said was because I wasn't paying attention, so you should have at least 13 examples, yet you couldn't come up with 1?

@the_stegman I've been wondering this too. At the moment I think we're forced to assume it's a plot hole. Maybe you can do some gymnastics and say that Dr. Strange/ The Ancient One helped him get back to his own reality, but that's a massive leap that there was no indication of.