YOUR own impression of Ben Affleck's performance as DCEU Batman?

BlackMarvel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll YOUR own impression of Ben Affleck's performance as DCEU Batman? (50 votes)

I did not watch DCEU's Man of Steel (2013) 2%
I read Batman comics and I LIKE Ben Affleck's performance 48%
I read Batman comics and I DISLIKE Ben Affleck's performance 36%
I did NOT read Batman comics and I LIKE Ben Affleck's performance 8%
I did NOT read Batman comics and I DISLIKE Ben Affleck's performance 6%

DCEU refers to DC Cinematic Universe.

And before voting, you should at least know that actor Ben Affleck is playing the role of Ben Affleck (Batman).

Poll options are self explanatory. Vote and discuss your review of Ben Affleck's performance as Batman, compared to the comics if you did read them.

• 
MAZAHS117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ooooh man?‍♂️. “My Batman doesn’t murder...” in 5, 4, 3, 2 .....

legacy6364

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd have an impression if Ben Affleck actually had a performance.

AkshSarpanch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He is cool af.

Better than Bale

Jgames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

I like the fact that under the suit and in it, he still Batman. Batfleck nails the role, unfortunately what he working with isn't that great. I mean I have no problem with Batman killing, but they barely addressed it in the movie. Him being on a dark path than going back to the light could have been much more effective and went more into the Bat character.

But again that more the movie problems than the performance.

Tomkatie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Tomkatie

He was great in BvS, but kinda phoned it in for Justice League

He seems to not enjoy the role anymore

Also Affleck wasn’t in Man of Steel

krisbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#7 krisbishop  Moderator

@tomkatie said:

He was great in BvS, but kinda phoned it in for Justice League

The_Justiciar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What even is the first option?

AngelJax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Never understood the hype behind him

deltahuman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ben Affleck from BvS was awesome.

From the comic accurate suit to his build to how he generally behaves. I don't necessarily have a problem with Batman killing specially because Batfleck was based on adaptation of Frank Miller's TDKR storyline. The scene in the beginning of BvS where Metropolis is being destroyed by Superman and Zod's fight and Batman drives in to the city while every one is trying to get out and then when he runs towards the rubble, comforts the kid and looks at the sky with vengeance filled eyes. That scene really sold it for me. His gatgets, Batmobile, Batplane etc. looked awesome. His glasshouse looked awesome. That was a really nice portrayal.

Batman in JL was terrible. I don't blame Affleck though. He looked fat, bloated and unfit in the re shoot scenes. His dialogues were campy and he was reduced to a fighter who is nothing without his gadgets in JL. That is not who Batman is. I want to see Affleck again in a dark, gritty movie, maybe in Flashpoint or The Batman.

krisbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 krisbishop  Moderator

Ben Affleck from BvS was awesome.

From the comic accurate suit to his build to how he generally behaves. I don't necessarily have a problem with Batman killing specially because Batfleck was based on adaptation of Frank Miller's TDKR storyline. The scene in the beginning of BvS where Metropolis is being destroyed by Superman and Zod's fight and Batman drives in to the city while every one is trying to get out and then when he runs towards the rubble, comforts the kid and looks at the sky with vengeance filled eyes. That scene really sold it for me. His gatgets, Batmobile, Batplane etc. looked awesome. His glasshouse looked awesome. That was a really nice portrayal.

Batman in JL was terrible. I don't blame Affleck though. He looked fat, bloated and unfit in the re shoot scenes. His dialogues were campy and he was reduced to a fighter who is nothing without his gadgets in JL. That is not who Batman is. I want to see Affleck again in a dark, gritty movie, maybe in Flashpoint or The Batman.

Saberscar223

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Saberscar223

He was good in BvS but sucked in Justice league

Besides the murdering of course

PayneInTheAss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What even is the first option?

It´s essential.

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 1

BvS: I think he did a good job as playing an embittered veteran Batman who has pretty much given up... like when he compares criminals to weeds he is admitting that the last 20 years he's been Batman, he hasn't made a noticeable difference. And I like to think that it's this realization that's driven him to the extremes he is at now, with the gunfire and brandings... and Alfred is just as right in calling him out on this, even like so many other times it seems to fall on deaf ears. Likewise I think it was great to see that Ben, in interviews, was correct that his Batman wasn't quite right in the head and wasn't 'right'... since in so many other stories you can put money on Batman always being right.

JL: This version on the other hand, I felt that it was a little weird to see him like this after BvS, with the sense of humor and all that. But, thinking back, I seem to recall that most of these happen when Bruce is out of costume, so maybe you could interpret that as Bruce having reconnected with him also being Bruce Wayne, a slightly vapid but goodhearted billionare, rather than let the Batman persona poison Bruce. (I am sort of reminded of Batman Begins after Bale's first night out and Alfred advising him on how to be Bruce Wayne: 'drive fast cars, date movie stars, buy things that aren't for sale... who knows Master Wayne, if you pretend to have fun, you might have a little by accident'). I liked however how they underlined how Batman is essentially not a good team-leader, since his only way of doing so is to be an asshole, I also like that he actually knows this and seems ready to hand over the reins as soon as possible. The one thing I didn't like however, was his sudden love of Superman... I get that there was a bigger narrative in the movie about despair and hope, the despair in the world after Superman's death was what called Steppenwolf back, the hope he inspired was also the thing that was going to right the ship. But to my mind, Batman is the kind of person who'd rather leave Superman in the ground and work onwards with the people there are left. And maybe that was the original idea... Batman and his new friends try to stop Steppenwolf on their own, Steppenwolf would be the one bring back Superman as his minion to crush the worlds hope (giving Bruce a flashback to the Knightmare in BvS), the League would bring Superman back around and send Steppenwolf packing. Superman takes over the League and Batman sinks back into the shadows to keep an eye on things from there.

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Awfully written character in both films.

Performance wise Aflleck was simply passable in BVS and rubbish in JL.

All he has going for him are his "accurate" costume and one fight scene.

iknowwhoyouare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Poor character. Terrible feats. Just complete garbage

Worldofthunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I rewatched BvS UC yesterday and Ben Affleck's performance was phenomenal. 10/10. He was trash in JL :(

Chimeroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

^

Avatar image for deactivated-5ae4a3e17c71e
deactivated-5ae4a3e17c71e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Loved his portrayal in BvS.

Dislike what I heard about him in JS and few clips I watched on YT.

GodSaveMeNow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@blackmarvel if you are gonna copy my poll making style, next time at least make some changes. People now are probably thinking we are alts.

MaverickMaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By MaverickMaster

He was ok in BvS but he was bad in JL.

EICHHOLTZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

he gets a grade of "meh"

DeathandGrim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By DeathandGrim

Ben did very well with the character he was given.

Snyder's script was just absolute shit and didn't make use of any of Batman or Bruce's actual traits. So what we got was basically a V from V for Vendetta that shows his face.

godzilla44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#24  Edited By godzilla44
Avatar image for deactivated-5abd673c0a61d
deactivated-5abd673c0a61d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He was decent in BvS, but was awful in JL

Galactic_1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He was cool In BvS.But was ***** in JL

WhyZoSerious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

BvS A- this minus due to Martha moment.

JL B-

In my list he shares the second spot with Adam West but far behind Michael Keaton. Still above Bale whose Batman is the most overrated character because of the super villains he got in those movies.

Batfleck just fine. Hope he does this solo movie.

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

In BvS, he gave me the best Batman I've ever seen. Majority of the elements of Bat-mythos were superbly adapted and made sense of. This was the menacing and borderline mystical Batthing that would actually induce fear, a boogeyman and urban legend given shape, not the walking plot convenience from the comics. And the list of positives just goes on. Not a perfection, but as close to it as it got.

Then JL happened...

RichardCranium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

okay i don't know whats wrong with comicvine but i think my last post on this thread was deleted hmmm

Avatar image for deactivated-5b84aca03eae8
deactivated-5b84aca03eae8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I never read any Batman comics, but I'll say that Affleck's portrayal of Batman is better than Bale's.