Avatar image for cezar_thescribe
Cezar_TheScribe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By Cezar_TheScribe

I'm tired of the new "Youngblood" team. The characters are watered-down compared to the original teams.
Youngblood and Team Youngblood)

Alan Moore messed this comic up.

Former members. They need to come back and soon.
Chapel
Vogue
Combat
Sentinel
Brahma
Photon
Psi-Fire
Riptide
Dutch
Masada
Troll
Knightsabre
Diehard II

Current members:
Shaft
Bedrock
Diehard
Cougar
Johnny Panic
Doc Rocket
Twilight
Big Brother (former member)
Suprema (former member

Youngblood could be the X-team of Image if Liefeld would bring back the original members.
Most of the new members are like Avenger or JLA International members.

Youngblood, Team Youngblood and possibly another title. (Youngblood Strikeforce, sounds good)

Supreme needs to come back, as well.

The button to start a new topic is broken on the Youngblood profile page.

Worldbreaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Worldbreaker

I don't think to many people will share your exhaustion with the new Youngblood team.Not many people here read anything outside of the main well know heroes.

Cezar_TheScribe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Cezar_TheScribe

Worldbreaker said:

"I don't think to many people will share your exhaustion with the new Youngblood team.Not many people here read anything outside of the main well know heroes."

Expand your horizons, read Image comics. 

Worldbreaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Worldbreaker
Cezar_TheScribe said:
"

Worldbreaker said:

"I don't think to many people will share your exhaustion with the new Youngblood team.Not many people here read anything outside of the main well know heroes."

Expand your horizons, read Image comics. 

"
It's not that simple.
Cezar_TheScribe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Cezar_TheScribe

Sure it is.  Now someone comment on Youngblood. :p

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By King_Saturn
Youngblood is a solid comic... I havent read anything from it in a while though
Zoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#7  Edited By Zoom

Original Youngblood was just about the worst comic of all time.  Not only was Liefield drawing it and not only were some of the characters obvious Titans knock offs but they actually let the talentless sap write the stories.

Now I've never read current Youngblood but I can't possibly imagine it being worse.

The only Image comic I support is Invincible.

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By King_Saturn
Zoom said:
"Original Youngblood was just about the worst comic of all time.  Not only was Liefield drawing it and not only were some of the characters obvious Titans knock offs but they actually let the talentless sap write the stories.

Now I've never read current Youngblood but I can't possibly imagine it being worse.

The only Image comic I support is Invincible."
LOL

Well thats a refreshing comment
Cezar_TheScribe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Cezar_TheScribe
King Saturn said:
"Youngblood is a solid comic... I havent read anything from it in a while though
"

It could be again if the original characters were brought back. There were other writers on Youngblood and Team Youngblood that did a good job.

Nothing is perfect. Just look at Marvel's comics. How many times has Jean Grey been killed and brought back?  Bucky was brought back. Checkmate. :p

Image publishes many different types of comics. Unlike Marvel and DC who mainly publish one type of comic.
shatterstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#10  Edited By shatterstar  Moderator

I don't think Liefeld is exerting any control over what characters are being used or not used other than giving an overall blessing for them to do what they want. Its entirely up to Casey and Donovan according to the interviews i've read. A lot of those characters listed will be appearing in other books in 09.

And to the haters, if you don't like it, don't buy it.

Hadrelius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Hadrelius

Youngblood are made of some good characters. Liefeld didn't have the talent to expand them into great characters and Moore isn't doing in better. I would love to see Bendis approach to them. They could be to Image as the Wildcats are to Wildstorm or Cyberforce is to Top Cow. Those teams were taken to the next level while Youngblood stayed in the 90's.

Die Hard was the coolest.

Cezar_TheScribe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Cezar_TheScribe
Alpha said:
"Youngblood are made of some good characters. Liefeld didn't have the talent to expand them into great characters and Moore isn't doing in better. I would love to see Bendis approach to them. They could be to Image as the Wildcats are to Wildstorm or Cyberforce is to Top Cow. Those teams were taken to the next level while Youngblood stayed in the 90's.

Die Hard was the coolest."

I have always liked Dutch, Knightsabre too.   I wish Image could buy the rights to Wildcats.
Hadrelius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Hadrelius
Cezar_TheScribe said:
"Alpha said:
"Youngblood are made of some good characters. Liefeld didn't have the talent to expand them into great characters and Moore isn't doing in better. I would love to see Bendis approach to them. They could be to Image as the Wildcats are to Wildstorm or Cyberforce is to Top Cow. Those teams were taken to the next level while Youngblood stayed in the 90's.

Die Hard was the coolest."

I have always liked Dutch, Knightsabre too.   I wish Image could buy the rights to Wildcats."
I didn't like any of the characters that were obvious ripoffs of others. Knightsabre was Gambit.

Cezar_TheScribe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Cezar_TheScribe

Knightsabre was a good character.  Marvel and DC play off each others characters, all the time. 

As long as the characters are different enough I don't see why Image can't do this, as well.

Avatar image for twilight_knight
Twilight Knight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Twilight Knight

In the early 90's it was alright, but noone ever really developed it properly for it to be a success. A lot of the characters had good stories, but as a whole, the team was joke. Stormwatch, WildC.A.T.s, Gen 13, and Wetworks were far better reads. The current series is a piece of crap. I do like Task though. He reminds me of Shatterstar.  

Hadrelius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Hadrelius
Cezar_TheScribe said:
"Knightsabre was a good character.  Marvel and DC play off each others characters, all the time. 

As long as the characters are different enough I don't see why Image can't do this, as well."
I see your point, but one of Rob's issues was that he didn't try hard enough on some of his characters.

The only big difference between those two was that Knighsabre was an Aussie while Gambit was a Cajun. But this still allowed for the accent effect. Both carried a bo staff and was able to charge it with energy. Both were good H2H fighters and very agile.
King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By King_Saturn
I might check it out again in 2009...
Cezar_TheScribe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Cezar_TheScribe
Alpha said:
"Cezar_TheScribe said:
"Knightsabre was a good character.  Marvel and DC play off each others characters, all the time. 

As long as the characters are different enough I don't see why Image can't do this, as well."
I see your point, but one of Rob's issues was that he didn't try hard enough on some of his characters.

The only big difference between those two was that Knighsabre was an Aussie while Gambit was a Cajun. But this still allowed for the accent effect. Both carried a bo staff and was able to charge it with energy. Both were good H2H fighters and very agile."
He can do that now, or he better. ;)   Much could be done with them, if only he would try.

Twilight Knight said:
" In the early 90's it was alright, but noone ever really developed it properly for it to be a success. A lot of the characters had good stories, but as a whole, the team was joke. Stormwatch, WildC.A.T.s, Gen 13, and Wetworks were far better reads. The current series is a piece of crap. I do like Task though. He reminds me of Shatterstar.  "

I like Task and Shatterstar too. ;)
Cezar_TheScribe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Cezar_TheScribe
caption
caption
These characters should be brought back, as well.

They were only around for three issues.

Liefeld needs someone to flesh out their  character and own individual identities.

Writers who care about the characters and not just another paycheck.
Zoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#20  Edited By Zoom
Cezar_TheScribe said:
"Liefeld needs someone to flesh out their  character and own individual identities"
Might as well say it needs to snow in Mexico City in July.

Maybe it would make things better but it'll never happen and we all know it.
Cezar_TheScribe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Cezar_TheScribe
Zoom said:

Maybe it would make things better but it'll never happen and we all know it."

Shatterstar said:
And to the haters, if you don't like it, don't buy it."

He might just do it, no one can say anything. :p
Joey Bedlam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Joey Bedlam

Riptide is dead, but I still remember the issue in which she posed for the skin mag. It's was a classic. Chapel is dead as well. Switch Psi-Fire for Link. I think I would like to see a youngblood roster that was made up of:
Shaft as leader
Task as field leader
Link
Diehard
Badrock
mixed with members from other teams like
Reign and Exit from New Men
Seahawk and Lethal from Brigade
Mother One and Grail from Wetworks
Grunge From Gen 13
Savant and Voodoo from Wildcats
and Nautica and Hellstrike from Stormwatch. Mix them up as the mission demands and it could be a really good book. Right now it's trash and I would wipe my azz with it.

shatterstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By shatterstar  Moderator
Cezar_TheScribe said:
"Zoom said:

Maybe it would make things better but it'll never happen and we all know it."

Shatterstar said:
And to the haters, if you don't like it, don't buy it."

He might just do it, no one can say anything. :p"
Realistically its kind of a valid argument at this point, its up to him to disprove that. He personally hasn't put out a YB book since... 2004? And nothing on his other characters since 2006? Handing YB over to Casey and Donovan is a solid step forward, now if he can just keep it going when he relaunches all the other books. I saw some Bloodstrike sketches by Tim Seeley that looked awesome, hopefully that'll see the light of day.
Joey Bedlam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Joey Bedlam

Bloodstrike sketches??? How does Cabbot look?

shatterstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By shatterstar  Moderator
Clint Hilinski's Bloodstrike

Only thing I could find was this by Clint Hilinski, I guess they're pitching it as Seeley writing and Hilinsky doing pencils? Not exactly sure, I could be wrong. Odds are against it seeing the light of day when the official previews last year showed Cabbot looking like
I think Marat Mychaels' pencils/paint/whatever
I think Marat Mychaels' pencils/paint/whatever
Joey Bedlam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Joey Bedlam

Well, at least it's not as bad as I thought. Foreplay looks kinda small though. lol They need to bring Brigade back out. That was a kick ass book.