Young Justice Season 3 Thoughts and Discussion

• 186 results
Aros001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

It was stupid how happy I was to see Jon Kent. Between this and the CW Elseworlds crossover, I'm really happy Clark and Lois being parents is an idea that's getting to be more and more the norm.

I love it!

The only character development I havent been sold on is the Harper trio. I don't understand how they are all buddies now, but that's okay

Well, Arsenal never seemed to have a problem with Roy. In fact he was specifically angry at Oliver because he stopped looking for him while Roy kept at it. And neither of them had a problem with Guardian, so it's not too hard to believe that they all bonded at least a little bit over the years due to their shared blood and experiences.

@arcus1: So far I'm liking Young Justice and I'm hoping there will be a Season 4. I'm not digging ms martian's new look. She looks more like Raven now. She needs to go back to green. It's a pity that Cyborg, Raven and Starfire haven't been brought into the fold.

I agree she looks better in green, but I do at least really like the idea behind why she's white now. She's hiding less who she is, kind of like how Martian Manhunter has done during a few runs in comics.

Avatar image for hurricanefunnel
hurricanefunnel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#52  Edited By hurricanefunnel

the above users gave great descriptions for this topic

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thoughts on this week

I was just saying last week that I was ok with them not having Cyborg, but he's here now. Not totally sure adding another new character was the best move, but the connection with Apokoliptian tech and Halo makes him connected to the overall story, which is good.

Definitely enjoying the Halo/Forager/Geo Force dynamic, all the same reasons

Seeing Katana/Metamorpho in action was cool, and a Batman vs Bane matchup. The battle forum side of me is kinda upset that we got cool fight scenes with characters who don't have much screen time (and probably won't), but oh well.

Superboy was killing it in the final fight with Icicle/Shimmer/Mammoth. Nice throwback to his relationship with Icicle Jr, and I'm a fan of the friendly banter during a fight trope. Fighting Shimmer really highlighted his martial arts ability, imo (Shimmer was a pretty solid match for Batgirl in S2, and Superboy wrecked her), and that's something I've been wanting to see more of

The whole Beast Boy episode, my heart didn't really need that. I was wondering if they were gonna do something with Beast Boy, and it looks like they are. A fair bit of exposition, but they did a fun job of including it. The Teen Titans Go parody with the Doom Patrol was, imo, quality dark humor. I was not prepared for it

And Terra...I already can't wait for someone to put her in her place

modernww2fare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arcus1 said:

Thoughts on this week

I was just saying last week that I was ok with them not having Cyborg, but he's here now. Not totally sure adding another new character was the best move, but the connection with Apokoliptian tech and Halo makes him connected to the overall story, which is good.

Seeing Katana/Metamorpho in action was cool, and a Batman vs Bane matchup. The battle forum side of me is kinda upset that we got cool fight scenes with characters who don't have much screen time (and probably won't), but oh well.

Superboy was killing it in the final fight with Icicle/Shimmer/Mammoth. Nice throwback to his relationship with Icicle Jr, and I'm a fan of the friendly banter during a fight trope. Fighting Shimmer really highlighted his martial arts ability, imo (Shimmer was a pretty solid match for Batgirl in S2, and Superboy wrecked her), and that's something I've been wanting to see more of

The whole Beast Boy episode, my heart didn't really need that. I was wondering if they were gonna do something with Beast Boy, and it looks like they are. A fair bit of exposition, but they did a fun job of including it. The Teen Titans Go parody with the Doom Patrol was, imo, quality dark humor. I was not prepared for it

Same with the Victor Stone episode

Avatar image for gilgameshthepimptoendallpimps
GilgameshThePimpToEndAllPimps

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

Oh boy, I love repeating plot points...

Aside from Terra being Blue Beetle 2.0 but with half the personality (I'd be very surprised if it didn't go basically shot-for-shot the same as Jaime), good season so far, Though I feel this season has a whole is kind of resting on it's laurels a bit, not really bringing anything new to the table, and if it keeps up like this, feel like this'll just become the season that simply 'existed'.

The_Kidd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By The_Kidd

@gilgameshthepimptoendallpimps said:

Oh boy, I love repeating plot points...

Aside from Terra being Blue Beetle 2.0 but with half the personality (I'd be very surprised if it didn't go basically shot-for-shot the same as Jaime), good season so far, Though I feel this season has a whole is kind of resting on it's laurels a bit, not really bringing anything new to the table, and if it keeps up like this, feel like this'll just become the season that simply 'existed'.

I agree the last batch of episodes sort of had weird a deja vu vibe concerning Terra and a lesser extent Cyborg. Not only is The Judas Contract a beaten to death storyline but a mole on the team is hardly new ground for Young Justice. Season 1 had Roy Will and season 2 had Blue Beetle. Whiles I like Cyborg this was the 3rd time in 4 years we saw this exact origin story for him and its boring.

legacy6364

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I haven't watched it as of yet.

Does it have the same feel of the first two seasons? Or does it feel like different writers came on board and made it generic?

morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#58 morpheus_  Moderator

Haven't watched the latest batch yet, but Terra/the Judas Contract made sense as soon as she went missing and Geo-Force became heavily involved. I hope they'll put their own spin to it, at least.

GXrevs06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By GXrevs06
@arcus1 said:

Thoughts on this week

There have been 13 episodes and hardly any new feats. It is a little disappointing

Magian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#60  Edited By Magian

Yeah, the minute it was shown that Tara was going to be in it and since Deathstroke is there as well, an adaptation of Judas Contract was bound to happen. I don't mind it, that actually reminds me to finally watch the JC animated movie. Had forgotten about that one.

Anyway, surprised they made Halo into a living Motherbox instead of an Aurakles but that ties them to Apokolips even more, especially now that Cyborg is in the team as well. Kind of felt bad for Beast Boy and all the people he has lost but at least they got to Granny Goodness and the meta depots thanks to him. Although given the thing with Tara, I'm wondering if this whole thing was intentional. At least now I hope Geo-Forcec will calm down lol It was cool since Batman, Metamorpho and Katana fighting and was surprised by Harper Row. Curious to ser if she becomes Bluebird in the future.

Aros001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I haven't watched it as of yet.

Does it have the same feel of the first two seasons? Or does it feel like different writers came on board and made it generic?

I definitely recommend it. It does feel like the creators and writers listened to the criticism they got for season two and learned from them. The new characters are not completely overtaking the screen time from the established characters people already want to see.

So same feel as the first two seasons, but with better balance between characters than in the second.

Be prepared though for a bit of extra blood though. About maybe Samurai Jack season 5 levels. It's using its new rating and freedom to its advantage but generally it doesn't go too far (except for Cyborg. Holy damn).

Aros001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gxrevs06 said:
@arcus1 said:

Thoughts on this week

There have been 13 episodes and hardly any new feats. It is a little disappointing

Yeah, it's weird. Almost like characters and story was deemed more important or something.

Magian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

legacy6364

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Aros001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@magian said:

Yeah, that scene sure was something. But don't forget Halo too. It's like the new rating applies for to her lol

After all the jokes I was seeing about Halo being the Kenny of Young Justice, I'm weirdly almost disappointed the more recent episodes have her generally getting off mostly unharmed. Only a little. I like Halo.

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

@morpheus_: Well I haven't watched them either lol but I did catch this.

https://youtu.be/sVVfTSytz98

That's probably the best fight scene in the YJ verse. Bane really was taking Batman to the cleaners, I'm flabbergasted.

Magian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By Magian

Yeah, Bane was quite impressive. They really showed how he can be dangerous even without using Venom because usually in other media, they just tend to focus only on the Venom really. Also when Batman told him about all the people that have in and out of Santa Prisca was quite funny.

@aros001: Well they can only do so much to her really. But there are still episoded to come. Pretty sure mote gruesome stuff will happen to her in the future lol

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@magian: While amusing Batman's retort didn't really have much weight. Not like Kobra or the S1 team sneaked past him. Would've been more accurate had Batman said it in response to Bane calling himself invincible or something.

Also Deathstroke's control over the League and essentially position in the Light seems to be shaky as hell if he relies on Bane's goodwill to use Santa Prisca as a base of operations and Shiva doesn't seem to treat him as her boss.

Fully expect him to be kicked out very soon. Either Ra's will retake the League or Bane will.

Shyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Looks freaking awesome...

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@magian: While amusing Batman's retort didn't really have much weight. Not like Kobra or the S1 team sneaked past him. Would've been more accurate had Batman said it in response to Bane calling himself invincible or something.

The S1 team did sneak past him, in the second to last episode of S1. That's what Batman was referring to

Haven't watched the latest batch yet, but Terra/the Judas Contract made sense as soon as she went missing and Geo-Force became heavily involved. I hope they'll put their own spin to it, at least.

I think the dynamic of this team is different enough from the usual Teen Titans (between Geo-Force being a member and having veterans on the team as opposed to all kids) that the story will be different. They've been good about making stories their own before

morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 morpheus_  Moderator

@arcus1: The problem is that Slade has just as much history with Geo-Force, just in storylines that are not nearly as well received. I would had been happily surprised had they played against expectations, and made Terra a true Titans ally as opposed to revealing she's a double agent 5 minutes after her rescue.

It also feels extremely dubious (in-universe) how readily they accepted Cyborg. He is irritable, unstable and occasionally murderous, yet they reveal identities, locations, means of transportation and elaborate plans in his presence. For viewers and readers that are familiar with him that is obvious, Vic is a good guy and a hero, but for anyone unfamiliar or within the constraints of the universe itself, it's rather silly.

I agree with everything you said in your previous post about the Beast Boy-centric episode. Loved everything about it. D-I-E was sad and hilarious at the same time.

Also Deathstroke's control over the League and essentially position in the Light seems to be shaky as hell if he relies on Bane's goodwill to use Santa Prisca as a base of operations and Shiva doesn't seem to treat him as her boss.

Fully expect him to be kicked out very soon. Either Ra's will retake the League or Bane will.

Shiva is pushing her weight around freely. She somehow decapitated Ocean Master with one swing. Don't ask me how that works. I don't know if Bane has much of a say, outside of a great physical performance he was used for laughs.

I also found the Sensei's fight earlier in the season as better/more impressive than the Batman vs Bane.

The_Justiciar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Lady Shiva is hot.

That's all.

Aros001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@entropy_aegis said:

@magian: While amusing Batman's retort didn't really have much weight. Not like Kobra or the S1 team sneaked past him. Would've been more accurate had Batman said it in response

Shiva is pushing her weight around freely. She somehow decapitated Ocean Master with one swing. Don't ask me how that works. I don't know if Bane has much of a say, outside of a great physical performance he was used for laughs.

I also found the Sensei's fight earlier in the season as better/more impressive than the Batman vs Bane.

In fairness, I think the entire scene implied Orm was at rock bottom. He seemed really thin and ragged and probably nowhere near the peak of his abilities. It seemed like he was only going after the hero's families because he had nothing left and no other way he could be a threat.

godzilla44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This season is getting better and better each week.

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think this season is pretty good, not perfect, though, I will always think that the first season is the best one so far. I think it just had tighter story telling and every single one of the main 6 characters had succinct character arcs running throughout. Ever since then it feels like a mess sometimes with like 18 characters running around.

I'll list some things I didn't like.

• The humor is bad. Weisman and co. have always been awful at humor. It often seems too try hard.
  • Aside from Geo Force the other two main new characters (Halo and Forager) are sort of annoying with their "fish out of water" character devices. I don't understand the inclusion of Forager either other then maybe he will play into the Apokolips story further down the road, we will have to see. I would have preferred Katana and Metamorpho to be new, more featured characters along with Geo Force and Halo considering they were all infamously part of "The Outsiders" team for most of their existences. Also considering Metapmorpho and Katana were pretty great in the 5 minutes they were on screen.
  • The Vandal Savage/Darkseid alliance seems sort of, I don't know, contrived. The first season did have Vandal Savage scheming on an intergalactic scale but the backstory with Darkseid and his super powered army and technological war machine armada being impressed with some humans because they have some super powers and spears is a little silly....even by comic standards. It seems they wanted to use Darkseid somehow and crammed into involvement with the already over stuffed villain enterprise, the Light.
  • I feel like there is too much going on at times then there needs to be and some of the sub plots are over complicated. There is basically a 5 minute exposition dump at the end of one episode all just to explain that the heroes will have use more subterfuge in their actions against the villains.....even though they did that last season.....and handed a major blow to The Light.....which was forgotten about I guess.....
  • I think there is way too many cameos and characters for the sake of cameos and characters.
  • It seems like they are repeating sub plots with another mole on the team, which could go a different way, and having another team member controlled by a hostile alien force in Cyborg, which was Blue Beetle's dilemma last season.

I'll just leave some thoughts and facts here in closing

- The first letters of all the titles of each episode this season apparently spell out "Prepare the Anti Life Equation"

- I am thinking that the Terra situation may go a different way considering how predictable it is. I wouldn't be surprised if A. it wasn't really her that texted Deathstroke or B. The League is aware of her situation and is setting Deathstroke up.

- Halo's backstory is surprisingly accurate to the comics as convoluted as it is, except that they swapped out the ancient light powers she had with motherbox powers or whatever. Also, while she was never a muslim girl Halo has inhabited different bodies throughout time, in which I am betting that the Doctor's daughter died and she fused her daughter's DNA with a motherbox to create current Halo, hence why she is protective of her and refers to her as her kid and why Halo doesn't remember anything about her past. She has been reborn essentially.

-The last episode of the season is titled "Nevermore", perhaps that means Raven will show up?? I don't know, it seems they have enough going on without Trigon looming but I guess since they will likely get more seasons after this they will likely need more bad guys considering they are using a ton of them now.

Magian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I doubt she fused her daughter's DNA with Halo's although it will definitely come into play some time later.

Maybe Terra isn't the traitor but Jace is because they have her daughter? Just speculating but you never know.

GXrevs06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Isn't she supposed to be ridiculously skilled and OP in comics though? I am pretty sure it was stated that she was stronger than even Batman in the DC universe

morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 morpheus_  Moderator

@gxrevs06: She is highly skilled. In the N52/Rebirth continuity she has defeated Batman, post-Crisis they were equal - I would give Batman a slight edge in a fight due to his better combat feats.

That being said, neither Shiva nor Bruce have any chance against Orm, regardless of skill.

Aros001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By Aros001

@gxrevs06: She is highly skilled. In the N52/Rebirth continuity she has defeated Batman, post-Crisis they were equal - I would give Batman a slight edge in a fight due to his better combat feats.

That being said, neither Shiva nor Bruce have any chance against Orm, regardless of skill.

Why though? Because of his own skills or because he's an Atlantian royal?

darkonast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cattlebattle: you’re looking to hard into the season lol... I promise doing this will really let you down everytime , just watct and enjoy & stop thinking so much

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By entropy_aegis

@arcus1: The problem is that Slade has just as much history with Geo-Force, just in storylines that are not nearly as well received. I would had been happily surprised had they played against expectations, and made Terra a true Titans ally as opposed to revealing she's a double agent 5 minutes after her rescue.

It also feels extremely dubious (in-universe) how readily they accepted Cyborg. He is irritable, unstable and occasionally murderous, yet they reveal identities, locations, means of transportation and elaborate plans in his presence. For viewers and readers that are familiar with him that is obvious, Vic is a good guy and a hero, but for anyone unfamiliar or within the constraints of the universe itself, it's rather silly.

I agree with everything you said in your previous post about the Beast Boy-centric episode. Loved everything about it. D-I-E was sad and hilarious at the same time.

@entropy_aegis said:

They really did Orm dirty in this series.

I just got that implication based on Santa Prisca being the new League base of operations, Shiva talking smack to Slade, Bane's performance and the close up of Bane's face after the fight ended, he had a look of determination after he spat. But maybe I was just seeing things.

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm honestly just really sick of Cyborg in general.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Loading Video...

So, what do we think of the teaser for the second half?

Tigress vs Black Manta had better be good, their history will make for a good rivalry, and she could use a solid 1v1 fight for debate purposes too

Bringing in the Suicide Squad is interesting, I'm hoping they don't spend too much time on it as a plot point though

And I don't like this whole "wait till June" thing...I want it now

Of course I'd still want more in June too

The_Kidd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mid Season Premiere bump.

GXrevs06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I really not a fan of the Artemis x Roy ship There isn't actually anything wrong with the relationship itself. They are both single and it is plausible that something could potentially develop between a man and woman in this speciifc set of circumstances but it just feels too weird for me. The problem i have with it is that I feel as if the writers are trying to send the message that Artemis cannot be Lian's surrogate mother without being romantically involved in Roy. Why can't Artemis just be Lian's aunt who just happens to live with her father? What bothered me more was Artemis' mother encouraging it. It is inappropriate and comes across as forced for the sake of late drama, especially so if Wally does return

Further, it is not like Jade is dead and buried. Her situation is little complicated(though some might just dismiss her as the deadbeat mum) but it is obvious that she cares about Lian and Roy and wants to be with them in. It is also clear that Roy cares about her and wants her home. This makes Artemis' mum pushing it even worse and make no sense

I also feel like this season has been a bit too jammed packed. Greg is trying to shove way too many characters into the story without a focal point and is jumping erratically between a gazillion plotlines. It is hard to keep up. It is like Greg had all these ideas in his head but couldn't decide on what to go with, so he thought "Fuck it, lets do it all"

darkonast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gxrevs06: ... there is a big time skip dude , its not surprising if she develops feelings , she’s lonely & been helping take of her, & over that time period she happens find a man who actually treats her right ... and it happens to be her sisters ex-lover , being around so long , its BOUND to happen , looking way too deep into a cartoon ...

GXrevs06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By GXrevs06

@darkonast said:

@gxrevs06: ... there is a big time skip dude , its not surprising if she develops feelings , she’s lonely & been helping take of her, & over that time period she happens find a man who actually treats her right ... and it happens to be her sisters ex-lover , being around so long , its BOUND to happen , looking way too deep into a cartoon ...

I already know this and if you my post, I fully explain why I am not particularly a fan out it

looking way too deep into a cartoon ..

I am fully entitled to critique or share my opinion on something I don't like. It doesn't matter if it is cartoon or what form the medium comes in. That is literally the whole point of this thread

killbilly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 killbilly  Moderator

Disappointing. Might elaborate more on that later if I'm feeling up to it.

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 12

Welp it's official, this part is hot garbage and it's become a melodramatic fan fic. The Outsider and Beast Boy stuff is like a needle in my brain. Since it's come back for this second part, I've just been more and more disappointed.

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#90  Edited By mickey-mouse

I’m loving this show, but DC Universe is a fail

reactor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I never noticed it before (maybe because I was younger then?) but this show's season has become almost unbearably trendy. In more ways than one. I'd still rather have the show than not, but I'd be lying if I said I'm really enjoying it

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@reactor said:

I never noticed it before (maybe because I was younger then?) but this show's season has become almost unbearably trendy. In more ways than one. I'd still rather have the show than not, but I'd be lying if I said I'm really enjoying it

How do you mean?

Avatar image for petey_is_spidey
Petey_is_Spidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The last two episodes have been pretty bad, not gonna lie.

In fact, the entire second part of Outsiders has been subpar. Hopefully it bounces back

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The notion that because the Outsiders got the most retweets, that they are now more popular than the Justice League,,,, I don't even know how to react, Here I always thought that YJ wasn't funny,,, but I'm laughing now

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95  Edited By cattlebattle

@saintwildcard said:

The notion that because the Outsiders got the most retweets, that they are now more popular than the Justice League,,,, I don't even know how to react, Here I always thought that YJ wasn't funny,,, but I'm laughing now

Dude, it's a group of middle aged people trying to write teenage dialogue, humor that resonates with young people, and tries to understand social media youth culture. You kind of have to accept it and try to not to cringe too much.

Another thing this show has always had a problem with power levels.....and this coming from a person that could give two shits about "muh featz" and power levels and all that, but, I mean, really, Artemis, who is just a really fit female human being was able to beat up Black Manta...who is a super trained assassin in a super robot suit who is supposed to be able to stand up to Aquaman.

GTFO.

Loading Video...

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cattlebattle: The part where this shows drop in quality really hit me, was when Granny Goodness (psychotic mass murdering bitch), after Beast Boy stands up to her, he uses his contract to screw with him by staying longer hours and doing reshoots on his show. That made me look back and see just how bad the New gods are being used (which isn't exclusive to the show, but a longstanding problem at DC), in the show.

This show has made me hate Beast Boy

godzilla44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

In fact, the entire second part of Outsiders has been subpar. Hopefully it bounces back

yeah I agree, it's been pretty bad so far the second half of the season.

The_Kidd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98  Edited By The_Kidd

@cattlebattle: Powerlevels does seem a bit wonky this season but Manta has never been impressive in Young Justice, he got beat by Sportsmaster. Also Weisman doesn't consider Aquaman powerful, he stated he could maybe lift up a car at best.

Loading Video...

Avatar image for petey_is_spidey
Petey_is_Spidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99  Edited By Petey_is_Spidey

@godzilla44 said:
@petey_is_spidey said:

yeah I agree, it's been pretty bad so far the second half of the season.

As someone who is 19 (not exactly a high schooler but I'm not that far removed) the attempt to appeal to contemporary high school youth culture is cringey af.

The 2nd half of Season 3 reeks of middle aged men trying to sound trendy.

EDIT: Also, wtf is up with the power levels? Why the hell is Big Barda able to stand up to Superman? This isn't something unique to this show - in fact it's very common with comic book shows - but it's nonetheless irritating.

godzilla44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@petey_is_spidey: Yeah everything with Beast Boy in the second half of the season has been cringey. The power levels on this show have usually been ok but I agree with the Barda statement.