Posted by SaintWildcard (21713 posts) 2 months, 13 days ago

Poll: Young Justice- Did You Think It Was Funny? (6 votes)

Yes 83%
No 17%

Like did you ever legit laugh at any joke? I find that the show's humor was never it's strong point. I can't recall one instance where I laughed since the show always felt super dry in terms of comedy and witty dialogue/banter. At best, maybe a smirk. It's probably my biggest complaint about the show. Comedy is subjective though, but I'm curious as to see what was your personal experience with it?

So this is a small dumb question, but since the announcement to Young Justice S3, I've become more and more disillusioned with it. I was a big fan of the show when it was one, and even wished that they had followed up on the series with a Smallville Season 11 type comic book series.

Now, the show has plenty of pluses, and not every show has to be funny. The action, story and animation are all pretty good and I can see how it can make up for that shortcoming for most people. Just curious is all

#1 Posted by TheVivas (19258 posts) - - Show Bio

I thought it was funny. Wally and Artemis’ banter and a lot of the things Robin did were really funny to me.

#2 Posted by SaintWildcard (21713 posts) - - Show Bio

@thevivas said:

I thought it was funny. Wally and Artemis’ banter and a lot of the things Robin did were really funny to me.

IDK, maybe the bar is just so high cus of Justice League TAS Wally, but I just never found Wally funny. Also, I hated Artemis.

#3 Posted by SaintWildcard (21713 posts) - - Show Bio

Bump

#4 Edited by godzilla44 (7181 posts) - - Show Bio

The show was never meant to be laugh out loud funny but they definitely had humor in it. Wally, Dick and Bart being the funniest of the team.

#5 Edited by TJD2814 (507 posts) - - Show Bio

Captain Marvel halloween episode thinks he’s going with the team was pretty funny to me

#6 Posted by mrmonster (14683 posts) - - Show Bio

Sometimes.

#7 Posted by Supermanthor (16395 posts) - - Show Bio
#8 Posted by cattlebattle (17635 posts) - - Show Bio

Most shows that Greg Weisman produced/worked on had cringey humor. A problem is that it's a bunch of middle aged people trying to write dialogue for teenagers and it doesn't really work.

Avatar image for firestarlord73194
#9 Posted by FireStarLord73194 (4835 posts) - - Show Bio

Not paying for it

#10 Posted by Magian (151235 posts) - - Show Bio

Not particularly. But then again I'm not watching it for the humour.

#11 Posted by The_Kidd (11797 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes but YJ funniest moments are the subter moments than lol jokes.