You have to fight Lord Voldemort. Which of these people do you want as backup?

• 52 results
JasonV80

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll You have to fight Lord Voldemort. Which of these people do you want as backup? (57 votes)

Batman (BvS) 7%
Anakin Skywalker (Clone Wars) 68%
Newt Scamander 4%
Spider-Man (MCU) 5%
Master Chief 11%
Legolas (movies) 5%
 • 
Number1Boss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Probably Anakin. Though most of these guys could help a ton, considering Harry Potter wizards are weaksauce.

Even with a just a bow and arrow, I could probably kill Tom.

Iara

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Iara

Anakin is probably the most powerful there but I think Legolas and Spidey would also be too fast for Tom.

Kairan1979

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 18

Master Chief. Pureblood know nothing about muggle weapons.

Bardockdiaper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Annie(he has great hair).

Stormdriven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't know anything about Newt, but everyone outside of Bruce kills Voldemort before he can register a thought.

SpitfirePanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Legolas is awesome! I chose him for that sole purpose. He'll live a lot longer than I will.

JasonV80

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@stormdriven: really? Voldemort is like the most powerful dark wizard in history.

Stormdriven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jasonv80: It won't do him much good against guys who can put a bullet or arrow between his eyes, speedblitz him, or deflect most of what he dishes out.

Legolas is just going to shoot him because he doesn't give any shits, John can do any number of things really, but he's going to put a bullet in Voldemort's head from the get go, and Anakin can deflect most of his magic, avoid whatever else is left, and easily kill him by closing any distance between them with little trouble or using the force to incap/kill him.

PrinceAragorn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jasonv80: It won't do him much good against guys who can put a bullet or arrow between his eyes, speedblitz him,

Doesn't make sense, because voldemort and dumbledore have been shown to be too fast to react to when not playing around unlike most people here.

or deflect most of what he dishes out.

and the team has no answer to simple spells like levicorpus.

Legolas is just going to shoot him because he doesn't give any shits, John can do any number of things really, but he's going to put a bullet in Voldemort's head from the get go,

Assuming they can get a fix on someone who is flying around at super speed, or teleporting.

and Anakin can deflect most of his magic, avoid whatever else is left,

He can't deflect spells with insane aoe like voldemort's.

and easily kill him by closing any distance between them with little trouble or using the force to incap/kill him.

Teleportion, no closing of gap is happening here, regardless of the trouble anakin takes.

mrmonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Newt

RabumAlal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Newt stomped Grindelwald.

PrinceAragorn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Newt stomped Grindelwald.

Newt lost to Grindelwald, he only got him off guard with swooping evil when he was fighting the entire squad of aurors.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e3b7f04aeb74
deactivated-5e3b7f04aeb74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Anakin is too OP for Voldemort.

Avatar image for deactivated-5bc57690a1c7d
deactivated-5bc57690a1c7d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Anakin will blitz Tom before he can say a spell.

So I pick Anakin, as long as Tom doesn't get the high ground.

Stormdriven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@princearagorn1: Too fast to react to for who? Other wizards? None of them possess the reactions John, Legolas, and Anakin do. Definitely not in Anakin's case.

Why would Voldemort use levicorpus? I don't recall him using it with any sort of frequency to suggest it being a difference maker here.

Legolas would be the only one out of his depth as far as facing opponents who have super speed or teleport. And Voldemort's super speed isn't anything, really. Not to Anakin or John.

Anakin can easily use the Force to defend against almost everything Voldemort has as far as AOE. Fiendfyre is probably the only one he can't, but he'll still have no problem avoiding it.

Anakin's super speed is far and away better than what Voldemort can handle. If Anakin wants to catch him, he will. And precognition will help with teleportation.

PrinceAragorn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@princearagorn1: Too fast to react to for who? Other wizards? None of them possess the reactions John, Legolas, and Anakin do. Definitely not in Anakin's case.

Legolas would be the only one out of his depth as far as facing opponents who have super speed or teleport. And Voldemort's super speed isn't anything, really. Not to Anakin or John.

Anakin's super speed is far and away better than what Voldemort can handle. If Anakin wants to catch him, he will. And precognition will help with teleportation.

what exactly are the super speed feats you're talking about for anakin and john again?

Anakin can easily use the Force to defend against almost everything Voldemort has as far as AOE. Fiendfyre is probably the only one he can't, but he'll still have no problem avoiding it.

what did anakin block during clone wars with force again?

Loading Video...

Why would Voldemort use levicorpus? I don't recall him using it with any sort of frequency to suggest it being a difference maker here.

Spells like levicorpus or sectumsempra, which have no projectile to block - in the his other spells seem useless, which I don't see a reason for yet.

Gotoucanario

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Gotoucanario

Master Chief is the best balance between powerful and reliable anakin is young, edgy and unexperienced.

NewWorldOrder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Anakin.

Stormdriven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@princearagorn1:

Anakin has deflected hordes of enemies firing on him as well as having Force augmented speed capable of dodging artillery fire, and Chief moves so fast he's been a blur to the naked eye, he's outpaced the aim of targeting computers (as a child), and he can see trained soldiers moving in slow motion.

Debris mostly, but I was thinking of the glass Voldemort fired at Dumbledore during their battle at the MoM as far as AOE. From what I remember, he doesn't have much else outside the Fiendfyre. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Show me Voldemort using either of those, because I really don't remember him using them. If he doesn't use them, then they won't be a factor. And even if he has, I'd be willing to bet he won't think to use them before he uses his other spells.

Thekillerklok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Thekillerklok

Yeah, I'm going to go with master chief.

PrinceAragorn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By PrinceAragorn1

@stormdriven:

Anakin has deflected hordes of enemies firing on him as well as having Force augmented speed capable of dodging artillery fire,

And in none of those sequences has he shown speed beyond a well trained human. About the only notable super speed instance in the series is obi wan and qui gon, and even if you scale anakin from that, it doesn't give him any notable speed advantage.

and Chief moves so fast he's been a blur to the naked eye, he's outpaced the aim of targeting computers (as a child), and he can see trained soldiers moving in slow motion.

I don't know much about halo ftr. But Slow motion is a bit relative, and from what I remember from some threads regarding him, his blur quickness was not even termed properly superhuman. It was "almost supernatural".

Debris mostly, but I was thinking of the glass Voldemort fired at Dumbledore during their battle at the MoM as far as AOE. From what I remember, he doesn't have much else outside the Fiendfyre. Correct me if I'm wrong.

He could use something like this as well:

Loading Video...

Show me Voldemort using either of those, because I really don't remember him using them. If he doesn't use them, then they won't be a factor. And even if he has, I'd be willing to bet he won't think to use them before he uses his other spells.

The reason he doesn't use them is because his normal spells work fine in most of the cases - Both of these spells have been used in active combat however. These lower level spells only come into play if you think his regular spells will all be useless for some reason.

Wispymatt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Wispymatt

I chose Anakin but Master Chief would be just as good if not better for killing him.

Thekillerklok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Thekillerklok
PrinceAragorn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thekillerklok: About thrice as fast as a normal human, impressive. how do you think he'll fair against voldemort?

Thekillerklok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Thekillerklok

@princearagorn1: I'm not even a halo fan and I'm still pretty confident that he would win.

Spartans have some pretty silly stats, and he is just under the batman level of plot protection.

as for the whole immortal thing... Robot chicken covered this well.

Loading Video...

PrinceAragorn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thekillerklok:

I'm not even a halo fan and I'm still pretty confident that he would win. Spartans have some pretty silly stats, and he is just under the batman level of plot protection.

I see. I don't know enough about him to be sure. But if things actually get dicey, what defense does he have against possession?

as for the whole immortal thing... Robot chicken covered this well.

Not sure if you linked the right video, it doesn't seem relevant.

Thekillerklok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Thekillerklok

@princearagorn1:

I don't think he has any magic protection, I'm betting on him shooting first. kind of all in on the offense.

Eh, it's kind of relevant, you know the whole you can only truly kill Voldemort with magic argument that pops up. that's my counter.

Avatar image for don_higashikata
Don_Higashikata

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batman rock-bottoms Voldemort thru the flooring

PrinceAragorn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By PrinceAragorn1

@thekillerklok:

I don't think he has any magic protection, I'm betting on him shooting first. kind of all in on the offense.

even assuming voldemort doesn't defend himself for some reason and it does work, that still doesn't save MC from getting possessed.

Eh, it's kind of relevant, you know the whole you can only truly kill Voldemort with magic argument that pops up. that's my counter.

And what counter is that, exactly? As fun as joke videos are, they don't make very convincing arguments.

RabumAlal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

PrinceAragorn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By PrinceAragorn1

@rabumalal said:

@princearagorn1: Newt lolstomped him. Essentially a one-shot win. Easy.

lol, all hail newt-god. Are we starting it or is that a thing already?

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 anthp2000  Moderator

Voldemort can easily outspeed arrow timers, everyone loses anyway. HP Wizards are arrow timers.

Avatar image for marvelanddcfan24
MarvelandDCfan24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Voldemort was defeated by a four-eyed half man with no extrordinary magical talent so pretty much anyone

Avatar image for lone_wolf_and_cub
Lone_Wolf_and_Cub

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Anakin force chokes this clown.

Warlockmage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

User Lists: 3

Anakin, Chief, Spidey, and Legolas are too fast for Tom... any of them would be great

CassioAug

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That's a good poll! I voted relutantly in Spider-Man, but thought about Anakin, Batman and Master Chief as well. lol

AlphaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By AlphaQ

EU Anakin. Other than that Chief's tactics, weaponry and brutality would kill Voldemort for sure.

Thekillerklok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Thekillerklok

@princearagorn1 said:

@thekillerklok:

even assuming voldemort doesn't defend himself for some reason and it does work, that still doesn't save MC from getting possessed.

And what counter is that, exactly? As fun as joke videos are, they don't make very convincing arguments.

wasn't Voldemort only specifically capable of possessing harry? the whole Horcrux thing.

I don't need to worry about possession because Voldemort isn't capable of it.

With that video I was hinting a using an incendiary grenade on his corpse, a stay dead tactic.

PrinceAragorn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thekillerklok:

wasn't Voldemort only specifically capable of possessing harry? the whole Horcrux thing.

Him being a horcrux connected their minds to the point the link stayed even when harry was within the walls of Hogwarts, nothing else.

I don't need to worry about possession because Voldemort isn't capable of it.

And what stops voldemort from doing so again? One moment you're saying he has no defense, and another that he's perfectly safe? what even.

With that video I was hinting a using an incendiary grenade on his corpse, a stay dead tactic.

Throwing a granade doesn't change the situation in any way though, not sure why that's being brought up.

Amnesiak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Master Chief. Pureblood know nothing about muggle weapons.

the_wspanialy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Anakin, as long as he'll attack with the Force immediately. Otherwise, there might be problems.

Thekillerklok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Thekillerklok

@princearagorn1 said:

@thekillerklok:

Throwing a granade doesn't change the situation in any way though, not sure why that's being brought up.

Sorry I'm late just spent the afternoon upgrading My PC.

Him being a horcrux connected their minds to the point the link stayed even when harry was within the walls of Hogwarts, nothing else.

Horcruxes are pieces of his soul that are backup lives... this isn't ever something that is casually put in place and is plot powered.

"A Horcrux is the word used for an object in which a person has concealed part of their soul... Well, you split your soul, you see, and hide part of it in an object outside the body. Then, even if one's body is attacked or destroyed, one cannot die, for part of the soul remains earthbound and undamaged."

—Horace Slughorn regarding the nature of Horcruxes[src]
.And what stops voldemort from doing so again? One moment you're saying he has no defense, and another that he's perfectly safe? what even.
Because that is not how this ability works, the horcruxes are put in place ahead of time, and given that my argument is that MC will shoot first, second, third, and last... what meaning does this have?
When killing a zombie double tap just to make sure, after killing voldermort Incendiary grenades, just to be sure.
helloman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Anakin for me.

Avatar image for redxiii18881990
Redxiii18881990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kairan1979: Voldemort isn't a pure blood. He's a half blood, and spent most of his child hood in a muggle orphanage. So you'd be naive to think he'd never heard of a gun.

PrinceAragorn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thekillerklok: No problem.

Horcruxes are pieces of his soul that are backup lives... this isn't ever something that is casually put in place and is plot powered.

"A Horcrux is the word used for an object in which a person has concealed part of their soul... Well, you split your soul, you see, and hide part of it in an object outside the body. Then, even if one's body is attacked or destroyed, one cannot die, for part of the soul remains earthbound and undamaged."

True, and completely irrelevant. We were talking about master chief's defense against getting possessed, which it looks like he has none.
Because that is not how this ability works, the horcruxes are put in place ahead of time, and given that my argument is that MC will shoot first, second, third, and last... what meaning does this have? When killing a zombie double tap just to make sure, after killing voldermort Incendiary grenades, just to be sure.
Sure, shoot more and throw the granade. Doesn't help his situation in the slightest, that's why I am asking for what the point of doing that is.
Redsayn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 1

#46  Edited By Redsayn

Anakin kills Voldemort while I run and hide.

Batman from BvS would be killed in a matter of seconds based on feats, Newt stands no chance (I'll discuss his 'oneshot' of Grindelwald later), MCU Spider-Man doesn't have the showings to suggest he could defeat Tom (though he would last longer than both Bruce and Scamander), I have no idea how good Master Chief is simply because I've never played the games and Legolas wouldn't be able to do anything of note in.

Skywalker, on the other hand, has the speed, skill and power to kill the Dark Lord whilst I cower behind a rock.

Debunking Newt's stomp

Here is a direct quote from the official Fantastic Beast script book:

GRAVES strides confidently back along the platform, firing spells at both groups of Aurors facing him. Spells fly back at him from all angles, but GRAVES parries them all. Several Aurors are sent flying - GRAVES appears to be winning...

In a split-second NEWT pulls the cocoon from his pocket and releases it at GRAVES. The Swooping Evil soars around him, shielding NEWT and the Aurors from GRAVES'S spells, and giving NEWT time to raide his wand.

With a sense that he's been holding this one back, he slashes it through the air: out flies a crackling rope of supernatural light that wraps itself around GRAVES like a whip.

Here is the scene of Grindelwald VS the Aurors.

Loading Video...

Here is the amount of Aurors that Grindelwald was facing.

No Caption Provided

It's difficult to tell because of the low quality of the image, but I count 39 Aurors. 39 Aurors who were firing spells at Grindelwald, and despite their numbers were losing.

It was only because of this large distraction that Newt was able to do anything at all- there's no doubt that if Grindelwald even registered Scamander as a threat, then Newt would be dead.

Thekillerklok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thekillerklok: No problem.

True, and completely irrelevant. We were talking about master chief's defense against getting possessed, which it looks like he has none.
Because that is not how this ability works, the horcruxes are put in place ahead of time, and given that my argument is that MC will shoot first, second, third, and last... what meaning does this have? When killing a zombie double tap just to make sure, after killing voldermort Incendiary grenades, just to be sure.
Sure, shoot more and throw the granade. Doesn't help his situation in the slightest, that's why I am asking for what the point of doing that is.

Does voldermort possess some sort of auto possession feature that I am not aware of?

Do you think he is going to set up his possession during the fight? Why not just cast bolts of death?

and the premise here is not a battle to begin with, it's choosing from a list your best bet to defend yourself against X. (If I had a choice I would choose Meng Hao everytime.)

and Like I said I'm betting on MC Being able to rain shotgun fire upon Voldermort before the guy can even raise his stick.

PrinceAragorn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By PrinceAragorn1

@thekillerklok:

Does voldermort possess some sort of auto possession feature that I am not aware of?

That depends on what you re aware of, so you'll have to be more specific..

Do you think he is going to set up his possession during the fight? Why not just cast bolts of death?

Back up option, in case the bolts of death are not helpful.

and the premise here is not a battle to begin with, it's choosing from a list your best bet to defend yourself against X.

True.

and Like I said I'm betting on MC Being able to rain shotgun fire upon Voldermort before the guy can even raise his stick.

And still failing in his objective to save himself or guard you, so pointless - even if he throws a granade afterwards.

Avatar image for linsanel_doctor
linsanel_Doctor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Anakin

But we probably get wrecked anyway