Avatar image for deactivated-64969837cbeff
deactivated-64969837cbeff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Who do you prefer and why?

I prefer the TT mainly due to the Teen Titans cartoon from the 2000s and because they are more relatable to me and have cooler stories in the comics (imo).

What do you think is the best team?

Best in terms of feats? Stories? Character development? Pretty vague question, but I guess I'll go with TT.

What do you think is the best character from each team?

Pretty vague question, but I guess I'll go with Robin (Dick Grayson) from TT and Wolverine from X-Men.

Which character do you relate to the most from each team?

From TT - I can relate to Kid Flash (Wally) the most.

From X-Men - Hmm, this is tough but I'll say that I relate with Nightcrawler the most.

McFlicky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

X-men. Aside from the cartoon and a couple comic arcs, I never really cared for teen titans

just_sayin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Teen Titans by Wolfman and Perez from the 80's was the best time for either series for me. I love the X-Men and their stories, but just how many times can you bring back the Phoenix? I'd say X-Men has had more character development overall though over the years. Nightwing is my overall favorite, with Beast Boy a close second. I think Dick has become a true leader and stabilizing force for the Titans.

Avatar image for indomitableregal
IndomitableRegal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Apart from the Teen Titans cartoon (lives rent free in my head lol), it's a fairly easy choice for me: The X-Men. In a lot of ways, they feel almost separate from the rest of Marvel, which I think is... unintentional and intentional all at once? Like, if you took the entirety of the X-Men and said "this is a separate verse now" a la Wildstorm, I think it would work fine (the unintentional part). But at the same time, when they interact with the rest of the larger Marvel roster, they feel different (the intentional). And I think that speaks to how well mutants have been characterized. They are, or rather their treatment is, a near perfect stand-in for racism and xenophobia imo. Even amongst the mutants themselves, there's a sense of classism. Are you a Jean Grey or Sunspot? Someone who can easily pass for "normal"? Or are you a Marrow, Beak, or Nightcrawler? Someone who has to live with a less than desirable ability or appearance? Apart from that, I just find them to be more interesting on almost every level.

Best character from each? Wolverine/Magneto from the X-Men, and Dick Grayson from the Titans.

Relate to... From the Titans, probably Raven. You know what? She would fit in well with the X-Men lol. For the X-Men, it would be... uh... Wolverine. I think with both characters, they often choose to be solitary, will do what needs to be done if necessary, are loyal (but have to have their loyalty earned), and are wary of hurting those they truly care about.

infinitehope

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By infinitehope
@redhood_jaytodd said:

Who do you prefer and why?

I prefer the TT mainly due to the Teen Titans cartoon from the 2000s and because they are more relatable to me and have cooler stories in the comics (imo).

What do you think is the best team?

Best in terms of feats? Stories? Character development? Pretty vague question, but I guess I'll go with TT.

What do you think is the best character from each team?

Pretty vague question, but I guess I'll go with Robin (Dick Grayson) from TT and Wolverine from X-Men.

Which character do you relate to the most from each team?

From TT - I can relate to Kid Flash (Wally) the most.

From X-Men - Hmm, this is tough but I'll say that I relate with Nightcrawler the most.

It's intentionally vague. It's interesting to read which direction people go with it!

Thanks for the breakdown. Appreciate it!

Ghostodoofus2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Heart says Teen Titans because of Marv Wolfman and George Perez, but mind says X-Men.

azraelotaku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 27

Neither.

X-men are terrorists.

Teen Titans are bland goodie two shoes.

infinitehope

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mcflicky said:

X-men. Aside from the cartoon and a couple comic arcs, I never really cared for teen titans

Appreciate it. Did you ever read Marv Wolfman's and George Perez's New Teen Titans? It's very good in my opinion. If you ever check it out, I hope you enjoy because it's one of my favorites!

infinitehope

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Teen Titans by Wolfman and Perez from the 80's was the best time for either series for me. I love the X-Men and their stories, but just how many times can you bring back the Phoenix? I'd say X-Men has had more character development overall though over the years. Nightwing is my overall favorite, with Beast Boy a close second. I think Dick has become a true leader and stabilizing force for the Titans.

Really appreciate it.

Who is your favorite X-Men character and why? If you have the time! Thanks!

just_sayin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@just_sayin said:

Really appreciate it.

Who is your favorite X-Men character and why? If you have the time! Thanks!

My favorite X-Men characters are Nightcrawler and Beast, especially earlier Beast. I like Nightcrawler coming to terms with his appearance and his faith, and I enjoyed the Beast's lightheartedness and the banter he would have while fighting.

infinitehope

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@just_sayin: Thanks!

Neat seeing the second character you listed being kind of similar with Beast and Beast Boy.

nassergrant19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Both mid imo but Teen Titans>

infinitehope

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@indomitableregal: I pegged you for a Raven guy! Although, moreso from the cartoon like this, and I mean it as a sincere compliment:

Loading Video...

batstroke2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#15  Edited By batstroke2000

Preference: X-Men.

Best Team: Close, but X-Men.

Favorite X-Men character: Wolverine

Favorite Teen Titans character: Starfire

Which X-Men character due I relate to most: A mix of Wolverine and Emma Frost

Which Teen Titans character due I relate to most: Starfire

I'm male by the way and I find female comic book characters just as relatable as the male ones.

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

1. X-Men

2. Wolverine and Nightwing

3. I don't really find I have anything in common with weird, vaguely flawed people with super powers.

I'm male by the way and I find female comic book characters just as relatable as the male ones.

Because you're both comically overly emotional??

infinitehope

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Both mid imo but Teen Titans>

What gives Teen Titans the edge, and favorite member of both Teen Titans and X-Men?

And what's your favorite superhero team and members?

I can make a follow up poll. Thanks!

infinitehope

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

1. X-Men

2. Wolverine and Nightwing

3. I don't really find I have anything in common with weird, vaguely flawed people with super powers.

Do you relate with any of their personalties, interests, or themes of the characters?

infinitehope

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Heart says Teen Titans because of Marv Wolfman and George Perez, but mind says X-Men.

Who do you think is the best member of each team, and which one did you relate to the most?

Funnily enough, I was the opposite! My heart was saying X-Men, but my mind was saying Teen Titans because I thought X-Men was, at least originally, a metaphor for teenage angst, and Teen Titans surpassed that with a more positive perspective focusing more on the heroics.

BoutaTakeAnL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

X-Men easily. Bigger team, and I like the characters more. Love the Titans too though.

Wolviesnikt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

X-Men by far. Better stories and better characters in general. My favorites are Wolverine and Cyborg.

FalsePromise

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Teen Titans for a couple reasons. One, because Raven is my favorite comic book character and my second favorite fictional character in general and two, I still haven't figured out how to read Marvel comics since they don't have a reboot with an easy starting point like the New 52 has