#1 Posted by solar_nerd (2625 posts) - - Show Bio
No Caption Provided

https://wegotthiscovered.com/tv/marvel-planning-x-men-tv-shows-disney-plus/

Marvel Studios seems to be embracing the opportunity to create new material for Disney’s upcoming streaming service Disney Plus with both hands. So far, we’ve heard a lot about a Loki TV series, Vision and the Scarlet Witch, a spy thriller show for Winter Soldier and Falcon and many, many more. Essentially, it seems the studio’s looking for gaps in the MCU that can be filled, but it seems that execs are casting the net even further than that and are also considering developing multiple TV series based on the X-Men universe.

As every fan knows by now, the rights to the X-Men and the Fantastic Four will soon return to Marvel Studios once Disney completes its merger with Fox, and sources close to We Got This Covered tell us that Marvel’s already tossing around potential ideas for X-Men-related series to go up on Disney Plus. Obviously, it’s too early for anything official to happen and apparently, they’re parking these ideas until they can move forward with them once the deal goes through.

It’s unclear what this means right now for the duo of X-Men TV series currently on the air: Fox’s The Gifted and FX’s Legion. It’s understood that Disney’s buyout will include the purchase of the Fox network though, meaning the former could be at risk. However, FX is expected to fall outside the purchase, which means that Legion might escape the influence of Disney and be able to run its course naturally.

Whatever happens to these shows, it sounds like Marvel isn’t going to let the potential of the X-Men franchise go to waste. In fact, it looks like they’re going to expand it much like Fox themselves were going to do before the Disney deal occurred. Maybe we’ll even see some of the studio’s now-defunct projects morph into Disney Plus TV shows. For instance, the Kitty Pryde, Multiple Man or X-23 movies.

We’ll keep you posted if and when more on Marvel’s plans for the X-Men franchise come to light, but in the meantime, let us know which characters and properties you think would make great television series in the comments section down below.

I think this sounds awesome because Marvel can bring the team in without disrupting their immediate plans for Phase 4. What are your thoughts?

#2 Posted by mrmonster (14683 posts) - - Show Bio

Good. Fox has already given us all the X-Men movies we need, a TV show would be better.

#3 Posted by Supermanthor (16390 posts) - - Show Bio

Interesting

Avatar image for theamazingspidey
#4 Posted by TheAmazingSpidey (17508 posts) - - Show Bio

I honestly think we'll be getting a combo of X-Men movies and TV shows.

Avatar image for ready_4_madness
#5 Edited by Ready_4_Madness (15411 posts) - - Show Bio

That’s for the best.

#6 Posted by solar_nerd (2625 posts) - - Show Bio

Good. Fox has already given us all the X-Men movies we need, a TV show would be better.

#7 Posted by solar_nerd (2625 posts) - - Show Bio

I honestly think we'll be getting a combo of X-Men movies and TV shows.

That's the word on the street.

#8 Posted by adamTRMM (8989 posts) - - Show Bio

You wanted that shit, now you get what you deserve.

#9 Posted by Magian (151231 posts) - - Show Bio

I think this would be the best. Use the movie format for the team and TV for the solo ones.

#10 Posted by XxDarknessxX (296 posts) - - Show Bio

Cant they just give us a good animated xmen show? Same with the avengers, Avengers assemble sucks.

#11 Posted by PenguinDust (8745 posts) - - Show Bio

They could probably bring a TV show to audiences faster than a movie, so I am okay with this possibility.

#12 Posted by solar_nerd (2625 posts) - - Show Bio

Cant they just give us a good animated xmen show? Same with the avengers, Avengers assemble sucks.

They can give us that too now.

#13 Posted by solar_nerd (2625 posts) - - Show Bio

They could probably bring a TV show to audiences faster than a movie, so I am okay with this possibility.

#14 Posted by XxDarknessxX (296 posts) - - Show Bio

@solar_nerd: they can, but they wont, they cancelled avengers EMH for avengers assemble just to push the MCU.

#15 Posted by Kevd4wg (12512 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd be down

#16 Posted by Tyger (2823 posts) - - Show Bio

X-Men.. are huge. I would expect both TV and movies in the next few years. (Deadpool movie for sure.)

#17 Edited by Mutant1230 (6385 posts) - - Show Bio

You like the idea of an X-Men TV show instead of a movie? That's interesting. I don't disagree per se but why is it you think that? I thought you were opposed to the MCU X-Men no matter how they were introduced.

#18 Posted by phisigmatau (1560 posts) - - Show Bio
No Caption Provided

#19 Posted by mrmonster (14683 posts) - - Show Bio

@mrmonster said:

You like the idea of an X-Men TV show instead of a movie? That's interesting. I don't disagree per se but why is it you think that? I thought you were opposed to the MCU X-Men no matter how they were introduced.

Because Fox has already done the franchise to death. If Disney/Marvel Studios make another X-Men movie, even if it's good, I don't think there's anyway for it to not feel like something we've already seen before. I think a TV show would work better, it could give us something that feels fresh.

#20 Posted by weatherwitch21 (744 posts) - - Show Bio

@mrmonster: there are plenty of xmen storylines that haven't been explored that would be a interesting twist that no superhero film has.

#21 Posted by Fabricolage (1884 posts) - - Show Bio

That's cool.

#22 Posted by MICKEY-MOUSE (36607 posts) - - Show Bio

No thank you. XMen belong in the big stage.

#23 Posted by Michaelbn (2338 posts) - - Show Bio

I just hope its connection to MCU is that they share a same universe, I don't want MCU's tone and style on this neither anything from its characters (James McAvoy said why). Keeping everything on X1, X2, FC and DOFP level and a bit ambitious keeping the cast like they're with narrating the story in pre-90's to explain why there's no mutant in present time then it'll be perfect

#24 Posted by solar_nerd (2625 posts) - - Show Bio

@adamtrmm said:

You wanted that shit, now you get what you deserve.

What do you mean?

#25 Posted by Batvibe12 (5580 posts) - - Show Bio

Cartoon or live-action.

#26 Posted by adamTRMM (8989 posts) - - Show Bio

@solar_nerd:

That Disney is going to mess up the X-Men.

#27 Posted by solar_nerd (2625 posts) - - Show Bio

@adamtrmm: Nah. I trust them. They didn't mess up Spider-Man, so they probably won't mess up the X-Men.

#28 Posted by adamTRMM (8989 posts) - - Show Bio

@solar_nerd:

They didn't? By making him Iron Man's sidekick and twisting most of his supporting chars?

I guess we have different ideas on what mess up is.

Thing is I don't give a shit about Spiderman, I care about Xmen.