Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

Edited By TheAmazingSpidey
No Caption Provided

Official Synopsis:

This Phoenix has risen… again. On Nov. 2, 2018, Dark Phoenix will arrive in theaters and finally deliver the storyline X-Men fans have wanted for years. Simon Kinberg previously attempted to tell the iconic Jean Grey tale — about the telepath’s battle with demons in her own mind — with his screenplay for 2006’s X-Men: The Last Stand, but studio pressure squeezed her story into a reductive subplot. Kinberg, making his directorial debut, felt in his gut that this was the story that he needed to tell once Bryan Singer, who directed the previous two sequels, stepped aside. “[The film] was so clear in my head, emotionally and visually, that it would have killed me to hand this to somebody else to direct,” Kinberg says.

Set in 1992, about 10 years after the events of last year’s X-Men: Apocalypse, Dark Phoenix opens with the X-Men, including Mystique (Jennifer Lawrence), Beast (Nicholas Hoult), Storm (Alexandra Shipp), Nightcrawler (Kodi Smit-McPhee), and Quicksilver (Evan Peters), in a new, unexpected role: national heroes. Charles Xavier (James McAvoy) even lands on the cover of Time magazine. But his growing ego puts the team at risk. “Pride is starting to get the better of him, and he is pushing the X-Men to more extreme missions,” Kinberg says. After they’re dispatched to space for a rescue mission, a solar flare hits the X-Jet and the surge of energy ignites a malevolent, power-hungry new force within Jean (Game of Thrones’ Sophie Turner)— the Phoenix.

Avatar image for theamazingspidey
TheAmazingSpidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By TheAmazingSpidey

This movie is not going to be good.........

RBT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

This looks good. I trust Fox will do this justice.

TheAmazingSpidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By TheAmazingSpidey

@rbt said:

Even after Apocalypse, you still have faith?

RBT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rbt said:

I liked Apocalypse, tbh. Yes, Apocalypse could have been better and Psylocke was disappointing, but apart from that, I think everything else worked. I liked Eric's story a lot.

g2_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

She looks like garbage.

TheAmazingSpidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rbt said:
@theamazingspidey said:
@rbt said:

I liked Apocalypse, tbh. Yes, Apocalypse could have been better and Psylocke was disappointing, but apart from that, I think everything else worked. I liked Eric's story a lot.

I'm glad you liked it. Personally, I thought it was a disappointing conclusion to one of the best superhero trilogies and built a foundation that sets Dark Phoenix for failure. There is no scenario where I can see this being good. Also I'm pretty sure the producer (who has no experience with directing film) is directing this one. That's equivalent to Kevin Fiege directing Infinity War lol.

TheAmazingSpidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@g2_ said:

She looks like garbage.

Sophie Turner as Jean Gray is terrible casting. Her accent in the last film was horrendous.

stormshadow_x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 22

#8  Edited By stormshadow_x

eh I've got hopes. Lets be honest there quicksilver looks garbage and was a bad cast too but everyone eats him up so I'll give this a chance.

g2_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@g2_ said:

She looks like garbage.

Sophie Turner as Jean Gray is terrible casting. Her accent in the last film was horrendous.

I agree.

TheAmazingSpidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By TheAmazingSpidey

Official Synopsis:

This Phoenix has risen… again. On Nov. 2, 2018, Dark Phoenix will arrive in theaters and finally deliver the storyline X-Men fans have wanted for years. Simon Kinberg previously attempted to tell the iconic Jean Grey tale — about the telepath’s battle with demons in her own mind — with his screenplay for 2006’s X-Men: The Last Stand, but studio pressure squeezed her story into a reductive subplot. Kinberg, making his directorial debut, felt in his gut that this was the story that he needed to tell once Bryan Singer, who directed the previous two sequels, stepped aside. “[The film] was so clear in my head, emotionally and visually, that it would have killed me to hand this to somebody else to direct,” Kinberg says.

Set in 1992, about 10 years after the events of last year’s X-Men: Apocalypse, Dark Phoenix opens with the X-Men, including Mystique (Jennifer Lawrence), Beast (Nicholas Hoult), Storm (Alexandra Shipp), Nightcrawler (Kodi Smit-McPhee), and Quicksilver (Evan Peters), in a new, unexpected role: national heroes. Charles Xavier (James McAvoy) even lands on the cover of Time magazine. But his growing ego puts the team at risk. “Pride is starting to get the better of him, and he is pushing the X-Men to more extreme missions,” Kinberg says. After they’re dispatched to space for a rescue mission, a solar flare hits the X-Jet and the surge of energy ignites a malevolent, power-hungry new force within Jean (Game of Thrones’ Sophie Turner)— the Phoenix.

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

How did she land a solo after that trash performance in Apocalypse?

TheAmazingSpidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By TheAmazingSpidey

@monsterstomp said:

It isn't a solo, but she is the focus of the film. Which is still as mind boggling.

g2_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

g2_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@monsterstomp said:

I have no idea.

Probably to be consistent.

TheAmazingSpidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@g2_ said:

@theamazingspidey: Sounds like garbage.

Yup! Never been so sure than a CBM is gonna suck. The New Mutants looks terrible too. It's trying to be original, but it looks like any other horror asylum movie.

g2_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@g2_ said:

Yup! Never been so sure than a CBM is gonna suck. The New Mutants looks terrible too. It's trying to be original, but it looks like any other horror asylum movie.

The New Mutants looks very cheap.

Avatar image for amazing_webhead
amazing_webhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 20

unsettling image, but otherwise i'm looking forward to this

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

#18  Edited By Lvenger
No Caption Provided

Seriously this does not sound promising at all. Apocalypse was mediocre and depressing and Dark Phonenix sounds like it will be nowhere near as epic as the comic it's based on.

Avatar image for indomitableregal
IndomitableRegal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger said:

Seriously this does not sound promising at all. Apocalypse was mediocre and depressing and Dark Phonenix sounds like it will be nowhere near as epic as the comic it's based on.

I'm legitimately worried they're gonna screw this up.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger said:

I'm legitimately worried they're gonna screw this up.

As well you should be, Kinsberg and crew haven't been inspiring in their X-Men movies.

People are so quick to be negative it's annoying

That's probably because the last X-Men movie was not received well in general and this looks like more of the same.

TheKinfing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

If this happens 10 years into thr future why does Jean looks the same?

Galactic_1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Galactic_1000

HOPE

Eto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I'm indifferent about this. I see J-Law is in this. She'll get all the damn spotlight in the movie. Great! sarcasm

@g2_ said:

Bruh, I'm expecting a blog when Disney/Fox deal is officially finalized from you and afterwards a lengthy thread on your thoughts regarding the deal (that is, if Disney swallows up Fox).

Avatar image for buttersdaman000
buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's way too early to do The Dark Phoenix saga

stormshadow_x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By stormshadow_x

@eto said:

I'm indifferent about this. I see J-Law is in this. She'll get all the damn spotlight in the movie. Great! sarcasm

@theamazingspidey said:
@g2_ said:

Bruh, I'm expecting a blog when Disney/Fox deal is officially finalized from you and afterwards a lengthy thread on your thoughts regarding the deal (that is, if Disney swallows up Fox).

Just telling you guys Disney pretty much is going to get the rights back regardless Unless they make a new deal with Marvel. They can sell there movie division but whoever they sell to wouldn't be able to make X-men movies anyway unless Marvel/Disney made a whole new deal which I doubt they would

Avatar image for deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79
deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Trash and this actress sucks.

Eto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@eto said:

@theamazingspidey said:
@g2_ said:

Just telling you guys Disney pretty much is going to get the rights back regardless Unless they make a new deal with Marvel. They can sell there movie division but whoever they sell to wouldn't be able to make X-men movies anyway unless Marvel/Disney made a whole new deal which I doubt they would

So can I safely say this:

X-men/F4 are 100% in the friggin MCU.

Y E S

Lord_Spectrum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have a bad feeling about this....

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ready_4_madness: It's not, but I have a bad feeling about it already from that cover alone and the last movie is enough justification to cast doubts on this one.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b2121a0a9a00
deactivated-5b2121a0a9a00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Yay, we get to see more of Sophie Turners horrible American accent.

stormshadow_x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@eto said:
@stormshadow_x said:
@eto said:

@theamazingspidey said:
@g2_ said:

So can I safely say this:

X-men/F4 are 100% in the friggin MCU.

Y E S

I'd say its a pretty high chance unless they're original Deal was really weird and didn't make sense, but we don't know the full details of the first deal all those years ago but if it was a basic Deal like we've been led to believe than the F4 (Fortunately) and X-men(Unfortunately) should truly and fully be marvel property.

stormshadow_x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Something I've learned about Fox's X-men is there mildly hyped movies that people don't have hopes for are usually good ( X2, First Class is debatable, and DOFP)

While they're most hyped movies aren't ( Last Stand, Apcolaypse, Wolverine Origins)

The 2 odd cases are the rated R films that look great and end up being great.

m2k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah I'm not feeling this one. Kinberg first time directing, still iffy with certain casting choices, story's been done before.

Last but not least, it's a dead end movie. Once Feige gets a hold of X-men, he's chucking it out the window. Sadly.

HeroUp2112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

People are so quick to be negative it's annoying

I know I'm in the minority but I could barely stand DoFP and I like AoA (even with its flaws) much better and I thought Turner was great in it (though I hated what they did with Cyclops and didn't like that they made Nightcrawler comic relief...the flaws I mentioned). I'm tentatively hopeful about this.

helloman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I came in hyped about this movie, now I'm leaving worried about it. :(

Space_Coyote

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#38  Edited By Space_Coyote

The cover looks nice, but I'm not hyped for this at all.

Why retread old ground when there's sooo much more to the X-Men universe.

They could have gone with Mojoworld, the Brood, the Shi'ar, Sauron, the Legacy virus or Bastion just off the top of my head.

Avatar image for marvelanddcfan24
MarvelandDCfan24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Magneto?

Sophie Turner is a really bad miscast she just can't act that well she won't be convincing at all it's going to be like Cara Devawhatever as Enchantress

She can't act with her native english accent much less an American one

Ruining a good storyline that could be done justice in the MCU hope the deal goes through

Green_Tea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lol the movie is gonna miss the whole point of the dark Phoenix comic.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a90ca82ccb5f
deactivated-5a90ca82ccb5f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@monsterstomp said:

It isn't a solo, but she is the focus of the film. Which is still as mind boggling.

Three words. Game of Thrones. That's all. They just want to appeal to as large of an audience as possible.

BullPR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The X-Men franchise is by far my favorite CBM franchise.

But I agree that it is way too early for a Dark Phoenix Saga.

If the deal with Disney means a multiverse and the X-Men from Fox coming to the rescue in the MCU universe (through Dr Strange?) that would be great. If it means a reboot and a recast I would be particularly unhappy.

Best case scenario:

-DP is revealed and contained at the end of the movie. End credit: the Shi'har (that took notice of the film events).

(If they rush the saga, it can not succeed. See the DCEU as proof of concept.)

-FF goes to MCU

-The Foxverse keeps its identity.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ready_4_madness: Blame the DCEU and Fox's hard on for depressing and incoherent superhero films for that.

MAZAHS117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

?

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Lvenger

@ready_4_madness: No I want superhero films to be good. And most of the MCU movies are at least good. But if you're going to complain about me liking light fun movies, I like the first two Nolan Batman movies.

Gotoucanario

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Worst casting ever.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 the_stegman  Moderator

Wow, guys, just cause one movie was meh, doesn't mean all will be. Fox has given us three great mutant movies before Apocalypse.

thatduderox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If this happens 10 years into thr future why does Jean looks the same?

Yeah, the time skips are starting to become an issue. Quicksilver should be pushing 40 in this film.