Would you watch a Skyrim movie?

Avatar image for deactivated-627010180bd2d
deactivated-627010180bd2d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

The film would basicaly follow the Dragonborn's quest to stop Aludin, and there would possibly be future films dealing with Dawnguard and the Dragonborn DLCs. It would literaly use dialouge and characters from the game to act out quests. Would you watch these films?

Trollheim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Argothor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Argothor

No because there is no way they could possibly show the rampage of the Dragonborn killing everyone he sees while going to stop Alduin. The movie would be like 2 days long, and yes, that makes me crazy.

Decoy Elite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 4

Goodness no. Fun game but a movie would drag on like crazy.

Avatar image for anywhichwaybutup
AnyWhichWayButUp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By AnyWhichWayButUp

It'd be 50 part movie? Well a t.v. show might do well, but shouldn't they start from the first game and then lead up to it or something, maybe treat it like avatar the last airbender so chapter 1 thieves guild 2 brotherhood 3 companions 4 mages and so on then the next game would be like the legend of korra leading off from the original show to the next one but it'd give you insight on what happened in that time,

Avatar image for thatguywithheadphones
thatguywithheadphones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I'd think it work as a Tv Show but no to the movie.

Avatar image for ifdcruledtheworld
IfDCRuledTheWorld

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Movie. No way. Animated show, then yes.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think an animated show would work better come to think of it. Each episode could show a different quest from the game, kind of like how Samurai Jack deals with a diffierent part of Jack's quest every episode.

DH69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Movie based on game?! hahahahahah no...

ccraft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

That movie would be epic, can't believe people are saying no to the idea. We haven't had a barbarian type movie in such a long time.

The game story would make a great movie, your a prisoner about to be executed and then saved by the 1st dragon attack over 1 hundred years. And you know the rest. It would make a great trilogy imol

If they can make a assassin creed movie they can make a Skyrim movie.

LimpoyzLoan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not if it had Arnold Schwarzenegger as a Whiterun guard.

XLR87T3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By XLR87T3

@racob7 said:

I think an animated show would work better come to think of it. Each episode could show a different quest from the game, kind of like how Samurai Jack deals with a diffierent part of Jack's quest every episode.

Yeah, a TV show would be the best and computer-animated people (especially Argonians & Khajjiit) will ensure the right look and fight scenes will flow better along with magic. Just look at the trailers for Assassin's Creed series or AC: Embers. The animation was beautiful! Plus, check out the 2001 film Final Fantasy: The Spirits Within. Edit: Like Samurai Jack, Dragonborn in the show should usually only kills people when they attack first, and shouldn't get involved with politics. It should be clear that DB is superhuman in his various fights (and I'm not just talking about the thu'um either). Lydia could serve as both comic relief and a companion to talk to. DB's personality could be like Thor's except with a better sense of humor. Come on, respond to my post!

Trollheim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Trollheim

@racob7 said:

The main storyline isn't particularly interesting. The Dovahkin isn't a particularly interesting character. I just don't see the logic in it. There's plenty of games that would be great as movies, but Skyrim is definitely not one of them.

ccraft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@trollheim: lol you know why he wasn't interesting? Because it's 1st person POV,in a movie they could make him interesting.

Avatar image for deactivated-59d945143d79a
deactivated-59d945143d79a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

Most likely not

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 43

#17  Edited By Joygirl

If it came out I'd watch it, yes.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xlr87t3 said:

@racob7 said:

Yeah, a TV show would be the best and computer-animated people (especially Argonians & Khajjiit) will ensure the right look and fight scenes will flow better along with magic. Just look at the trailers for Assassin's Creed series or AC: Embers. The animation was beautiful! Plus, check out the 2001 film Final Fantasy: The Spirits Within. Edit: Like Samurai Jack, Dragonborn in the show should usually only kills people when they attack first, and shouldn't get involved with politics. It should be clear that DB is superhuman in his various fights (and I'm not just talking about the thu'um either). Lydia could serve as both comic relief and a companion to talk to. DB's personality could be like Thor's except with a better sense of humor. Come on, respond to my post!

I'd prefer a dark, gritty, cartoon. Afro Samurai's animation style but less anime craziness is what I'd go for. Watch some fights from Afro Samurai to see what I mean.

I would have the Dragonborn evolve a lot as a character. He would start out as a normal guy but over time become a killing machine that is feared by all, but is also a hero.

Imagine a scene with the Dragonborn walking into to a cave and telling Lydia "Wait here". Then we see him hacking, slashing, stabbing, blasting, and decapitating his way through some bandits with an occasional cut away of Lydia twiddling her thumbs and whistling outside the cave. Then the Dragonborn walks out of the cave with a bag of gold and other loot and tosses it to Lydia, knocking her off her feet. Then she runs after him going "Hey wait up!" and the intro starts. Dragonborn could be the strong, silent type, and Lydia could be as you said "comic relief". Some episodes could feature different companions as well.

One episode idea I had was one that does the "Good Death" quest where you grant an old orc his death. The first part of the episode would be the Dragonborn running through the woods, a dragon close behind. The Dragon would occasionally laugh and taunt him in draconic when he was hit. Before the Dragon is able to win the fight an arrow sails through the air and hits it in the side. It looks over to see an old orc. The Dragonborn would leap over to him and they would fight the dragon together for about half a minute until they killed it. The orc would stare in awe as the Dragonborn devoured its soul and then realize what he was seeing. He'd tell him that he had been searching for death and that he thought there would be no greater honor than to die in glorious battle with a living legend. The Dragonborn would agree to this and an epic fight scene would ensue. At one point I would have the Dragonborn disarm the orc. He'd hold his sword to his throat, then toss it aside and raise his fists. The orc would laugh and say "I'm starting to like you, Nord!" and they'd both fight hand to hand for a while. Eventualy the Dragonborn would kill the orc and stand over his body in silence. Then he'd turn him into a thrall and make him carry stuff. The orc would walk after him going "Uhhh..." and the episode would end with the Dragonborn saying "Keep up".

My Dragonborn is kind of cold.

DigbyKong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No. I think the story of man being born with the soul of a dragon and absorbing other dragon souls was stupid.

XLR87T3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By XLR87T3

@racob7 said:

I'd prefer a dark, gritty, cartoon. Afro Samurai's animation style but less anime craziness is what I'd go for. Watch some fights from Afro Samurai to see what I mean.

I would have the Dragonborn evolve a lot as a character. He would start out as a normal guy but over time become a killing machine that is feared by all, but is also a hero.

Imagine a scene with the Dragonborn walking into to a cave and telling Lydia "Wait here". Then we see him hacking, slashing, stabbing, blasting, and decapitating his way through some bandits with an occasional cut away of Lydia twiddling her thumbs and whistling outside the cave. Then the Dragonborn walks out of the cave with a bag of gold and other loot and tosses it to Lydia, knocking her off her feet. Then she runs after him going "Hey wait up!" and the intro starts. Dragonborn could be the strong, silent type, and Lydia could be as you said "comic relief". Some episodes could feature different companions as well.

One episode idea I had was one that does the "Good Death" quest where you grant an old orc his death. The first part of the episode would be the Dragonborn running through the woods, a dragon close behind. The Dragon would occasionally laugh and taunt him in draconic when he was hit. Before the Dragon is able to win the fight an arrow sails through the air and hits it in the side. It looks over to see an old orc. The Dragonborn would leap over to him and they would fight the dragon together for about half a minute until they killed it. The orc would stare in awe as the Dragonborn devoured its soul and then realize what he was seeing. He'd tell him that he had been searching for death and that he thought there would be no greater honor than to die in glorious battle with a living legend. The Dragonborn would agree to this and an epic fight scene would ensue. At one point I would have the Dragonborn disarm the orc. He'd hold his sword to his throat, then toss it aside and raise his fists. The orc would laugh and say "I'm starting to like you, Nord!" and they'd both fight hand to hand for a while. Eventually the Dragonborn would kill the orc and stand over his body in silence. Then he'd turn him into a thrall and make him carry stuff. The orc would walk after him going "Uhhh..." and the episode would end with the Dragonborn saying "Keep up".

I really like the intro idea, because that means that adventuring and exploring is not far fetched, especially with dragon priests *hint hint*. But I don't think 'dark and gritty' would really fit well in an Elder Scrolls cartoon or video game (especially with excessive blood). LOL I've seen Afro Samurai's mass slaughter on YouTube, and if it had more 'Nordic' theme you'll make sense. That "Good Death" episode, haha, too bogus ending for that to happen!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xlr87t3 said:

@racob7 said:

One episode idea I had was one that does the "Good Death" quest where you grant an old orc his death. The first part of the episode would be the Dragonborn running through the woods, a dragon close behind. The Dragon would occasionally laugh and taunt him in draconic when he was hit. Before the Dragon is able to win the fight an arrow sails through the air and hits it in the side. It looks over to see an old orc. The Dragonborn would leap over to him and they would fight the dragon together for about half a minute until they killed it. The orc would stare in awe as the Dragonborn devoured its soul and then realize what he was seeing. He'd tell him that he had been searching for death and that he thought there would be no greater honor than to die in glorious battle with a living legend. The Dragonborn would agree to this and an epic fight scene would ensue. At one point I would have the Dragonborn disarm the orc. He'd hold his sword to his throat, then toss it aside and raise his fists. The orc would laugh and say "I'm starting to like you, Nord!" and they'd both fight hand to hand for a while. Eventually the Dragonborn would kill the orc and stand over his body in silence. Then he'd turn him into a thrall and make him carry stuff. The orc would walk after him going "Uhhh..." and the episode would end with the Dragonborn saying "Keep up".

I really like the intro idea, because that means that adventuring and exploring is not far fetched, especially with dragon priests *hint hint*. But I don't think 'dark and gritty' would really fit well in an Elder Scrolls cartoon or video game (especially with excessive blood). LOL I've seen Afro Samurai's mass slaughter on YouTube, and if it had more 'Nordic' theme you'll make sense. That "Good Death" episode, haha, too bogus ending for that to happen!

I'm just saying that I'd like a more adult show since Skyrim is meant to be a somewhat adult game. I don't mean I'd want fights like Afro Samurai just similar animation.

Xeno_Seeker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

well of course i'd watch it but it would be horrible. have there been any good video game to movie adaptations ever? i honestly at the top of my head cannot think of one.

Avatar image for magnificentstorm
MagnificentStorm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ccraft: Yea but Skyrim is like way longer an with.everything that can be explored an.the other 50,000 mini.stories they have in.the game it wouldnt seem right just doing it about.defeating alduin. Now a live action tv show would be great. Then this way he could have.all the side quest an such.

It would be a ground breaking tv show *_* lol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Xeno_Seeker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@racob7: i wouldn't say it counts because it isn't live action, whenever i heard skyrim movie i immediately thought live action and i think that's what would ruin it. so i apologize for being misinformed if you were talking about an animated or cgi skyrim movie i still wouldn't support it but i think it would be a hell of allot better than a live action one.

Kamikaze_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't see it working as a movie

ccraft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ccraft: Yea but Skyrim is like way longer an with.everything that can be explored an.the other 50,000 mini.stories they have in.the game it wouldnt seem right just doing it about.defeating alduin. Now a live action tv show would be great. Then this way he could have.all the side quest an such.

It would be a ground breaking tv show *_* lol

The movie would be the main story line, maybe add 1 or 2 side missions, idk if it would be a good tv show or not.

MrMiracle77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

Just watch Game of Thrones. The Nords are the Starks. The High Elves are the Lannisters. You've got a contest of religions, influential magicians, alchemists, evil plots, the return of dragons, and similar symbology. You even get a good battle when the budget is available for it.

John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Some things work well as games but would be awful movies. Skyrim is the perfect example of this.

ccraft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just watch Game of Thrones. The Nords are the Starks. The High Elves are the Lannisters. You've got a contest of religions, influential magicians, alchemists, evil plots, the return of dragons, and similar symbology. You even get a good battle when the budget is available for it.

so it's a good tv show?