#1 Posted by Aweirdgamer1 (552 posts) - - Show Bio

I mean recreating everything that J.C Staff has done, but its a 100 times more fluid, fights last much longer and there will potentially be more episodes. The price would be no season 3 (not until a long time later), you already know how everything is going to end and it will take much longer to create.

#2 Posted by the_stegman (40300 posts) - - Show Bio

God, yes

#3 Posted by Heatforce (6397 posts) - - Show Bio

@the_stegman: really? I personally find season 2 to be pretty good. Of course Mad house is like one of the top tier studios but I don't think this current studio is doing a horrible job. A bit overzealous on the cgi but it could have been much worse (berserk).

#4 Posted by the_stegman (40300 posts) - - Show Bio

@the_stegman: really? I personally find season 2 to be pretty good. Of course Mad house is like one of the top tier studios but I don't think this current studio is doing a horrible job. A bit overzealous on the cgi but it could have been much worse (berserk).

I actually re-watched season 1 in preparation for season 2 and the difference in animation quality is staggering. The fights seem much shorter than how they are portrayed in the manga (Genos vs Roach man and Saitama vs Siryu for example) and all of the fights seem the same. That type of dragonball super fast punching/kicking animation. Makes for boring, repetitive battles.

Having said that, the humor is still on point though, so it's not a complete loss.

#5 Edited by SoImMe (317 posts) - - Show Bio

Not Madhouse, no. The reason season 1 was so good was due to a bunch of free lancers and connections the director had anyway. Madhouse's work on Overlord really hasn't impressed me. I'd rather if it was Bones.

#6 Edited by Mike_Fowler (5155 posts) - - Show Bio

Considering JC Staff’s utterly appalling handling of Metal Bat vs Garou, I’m gonna have to say yes, wouldn’t have to necessarily be Madhouse, but a staff that has the same passion for it that the freelancers that worked on season 1 had

Seriously, it’s ridiculous when the manga has more fluidity and dynamic movement than its anime counterpart

#7 Posted by Beyonder97 (1041 posts) - - Show Bio
Gallery image 1Gallery image 2

Season 2 is a complete nightmare, just look at these

#8 Edited by Juggerman40 (377 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't think there's need they should do season 3.

#9 Posted by Aweirdgamer1 (552 posts) - - Show Bio

@juggerman40: Why?I love the Manga a lot, and if they do it right it would look awesome

#10 Posted by Morpheus_ (34616 posts) - - Show Bio

To my understanding, Madhouse had various independent animators contracted for S1 because of their desire to work with the chief director on the project. Said director couldn't do S2 and all the talent walked. Simply put, Madhouse doing S2 or remaking it doesn't ensure quality on par with S1: hiring the same people that worked on it does.

#11 Edited by AbstractRaze (2808 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes and no, Madhouse showed some flaws too and horrible ones such as was with Superalloy Darkshine:

Loading Video...

Bones is the only one who can afford some impressive animations so far, but in my opinion, the Western World should start making their own animation studios, Manga academies and a European/American Manga publisher in order to put pressure on Japanese studios, is the best solution so far, for the simple fact that Manga/Anime is monopolized by Shueisha in Japan, they are allowing themselves too much and degrading actual quality, Japanese people are becoming too inefficient, they lack actual character in order to impose their standards, it's time to bridge them, they are in their weakest phase and when someone is weak, it's the best moment to bridge the weak and offer something much better.

#12 Posted by Juggerman40 (377 posts) - - Show Bio

@juggerman40: Why?I love the Manga a lot, and if they do it right it would look awesome

Maybe madhouse should make a remaster while season 2 is airing.

#13 Posted by Magian (152024 posts) - - Show Bio

While I do enjoy this season, I definitely wouldn't mind seeing fights like this the ones we saw in S1 again. That said, even if the one doing that was Madhouse again, that doesn't necessarily mean that we would get the same level of animation. A lot of recent Madhouse anime I got to watch, weren't exactly that fluidly animated. OPM S1 was a special case as several others have already pointed out.

And yes, if I had to pick another studio, I would have probably picked Bones as well. And not just because of their work on Mob Psycho. Their works tend to usually be above average in terms of animation. Maybe even KyoAni but I know that this would never happen.

Avatar image for life_without_progress
#14 Posted by Life_Without_Progress (24957 posts) - - Show Bio

Sure but they better bring in the talent they borrowed from the likes of Studio Bones and Studio Trigger that they had back in Season 1 as well.

#15 Posted by Arrsenal (359 posts) - - Show Bio

I simply can't stand looking at S2 Genos's hands. This metal textures are painful to look at

No Caption Provided