Posted by Gokluma (8402 posts) 2 months, 14 days ago

Poll: Would you train like Saitama did? (17 votes)

Yup 65%
No 29%
Maybe 24%

So would you do only 100 push-ups, 100 sit-ups, 100 squats, and a 10km jog at one punch man's world to gain a massive boost of stats or just give it up like yang xiao long did in comic?

No Caption Provided

#1 Posted by kiba (3655 posts) - - Show Bio

No, I love my hair too

#3 Posted by Mister_Surreal (9087 posts) - - Show Bio

It would be hard but the health benefits are amazing so yes.

#4 Edited by FaradaySloth (8482 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah I could do it.

*takes one step out of house*

Sun is too bright, I’d rather watch One Punch man atm

#5 Posted by RikuYamaha (1480 posts) - - Show Bio

people try to do the training but end up either to big to move(muscle wise) or die from the stress on the body. but doing the training in groups like 1 or 2 days a week should do it.

#6 Posted by RikuYamaha (1480 posts) - - Show Bio

people try to do the training but end up either to big to move(muscle wise) or die from the stress on the body. but doing the training in groups like 1 or 2 days a week should do it.

plus it could cause extreme injury with the 10 kilo run, rather then doing the run, you should try maybe a six mile swim, since water is 5X denser then air and it causes less joint pain.

#7 Posted by WhyZoSerious (1678 posts) - - Show Bio

Everybody with experience and knowledge will tell you that this workout is a complete rubbish. You will end up skinny, with multiple joint problems, you will not have any real power and explosiveness and the funniest thing of all - it is super easy.

100 push ups - easy. Every man that has gone to the army should do it. I tried it just an hour ago - done. In a row.

100 sit ups - super easy.

100 squats - assume bodyweight squat? - super easy.

10 km of jogging with no time limitation - not that difficult.

Only dumb fat delusional american can get fascinated by this program.

#8 Posted by RikuYamaha (1480 posts) - - Show Bio

Everybody with experience and knowledge will tell you that this workout is a complete rubbish. You will end up skinny, with multiple joint problems, you will not have any real power and explosiveness and the funniest thing of all - it is super easy.

100 push ups - easy. Every man that has gone to the army should do it. I tried it just an hour ago - done. In a row.

100 sit ups - super easy.

100 squats - assume bodyweight squat? - super easy.

10 km of jogging with no time limitation - not that difficult.

Only dumb fat delusional american can get fascinated by this program.

the 10 kilo run would mess you up alot cause since your not supposed to stop,itll cause massive joint pains.there are numerous accounts of people who suffered from joint pain and torn muscles within the very first week of practicing the One Punch Workout.The biggest threat to washing out during this regimen is undoubtedly the 10-kilometer run every day. Never mind the 100 sit ups, push ups, and squats; those are easy exercises to conduct and in reality, it's not even that much, that number of calisthenic exercises is purely supplemental and you could execute all 300 of those repetitions in 10 minutes. The run, however, is the exercise that destroys people. 10 kilometers is a little more than 6 miles, and to run that distance EVERY DAY, WITHOUT REST, is setting your body up for future joint pain and pulled muscles. When you run that consistently for such long durations of time, gravity takes its toll, and the excessive beating of your muscles and joints against the floor without any rest gives way to the possibility of serious injuries

#9 Posted by hyiena (5274 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm sure alot of people do this except for the 10 k everyday.

#10 Posted by Gokluma (8402 posts) - - Show Bio

@hyiena: So would you do it at being strong as saitama?

#11 Edited by zxc6 (528 posts) - - Show Bio

There is no really a reason to become as strong as Saitama is our world it would be boring as hell and ridiculously difficult to live normal life since we won't be able to do anything without wipe out a continent accidentally or something like that,we can't control our power perfectly like Saitama

#12 Posted by hyiena (5274 posts) - - Show Bio

@gokluma: If it made me as strong yes I would.

#13 Posted by Gokluma (8402 posts) - - Show Bio

@hyiena: Yup it does in this event of OPM's world

#14 Posted by JohnCena69swag (3786 posts) - - Show Bio

10km is not a lot wtf who is having joint damage from this?

#15 Posted by jashro44 (52015 posts) - - Show Bio

If I were to get the same results sure.

#16 Posted by Gokluma (8402 posts) - - Show Bio

@jashro44: Cool and what would you do with saitama's power?

#17 Posted by jashro44 (52015 posts) - - Show Bio

@gokluma said:

@jashro44: Cool and what would you do with saitama's power?

I don't know. Try out for the Olympics maybe.

#18 Posted by Gokluma (8402 posts) - - Show Bio
#19 Edited by SocaJunkie (8355 posts) - - Show Bio

No, dead routine with no progressive overload and being the strong with no challenge would be boring.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c8c48323d2d9
#21 Edited by deactivated-5c8c48323d2d9 (2599 posts) - - Show Bio

@rikuyamaha: Noone gets injured running 10k are you serious.

My 40 y.o colleague who goes to the gym with me every day at work runs 6ks at the treadmill everyday and she's given birth 3 times and still carries that weight. 10k is the standard warm up run for any athlete.

You might want to go to the doctor and get your joints checked out if you are struggling with 10k cause it seems like you have some early onset arthritis.

#22 Posted by RikuYamaha (1480 posts) - - Show Bio

@soaringturkeys: a bunch of people get it. just because one certain person is able to do it(might i add is pretty damn odd) then that doesn't mean the rest can do it.I did Google other people who had tried this workout, and from what I discovered, there are numerous accounts of people who suffered from joint pain and torn muscles within the very first week of practicing the One Punch Workout. but if you do it right you'll be great i guess. another method i would recommend would be swimming.Swimming is a great alternative because not only does it utilize all the muscles in your body, but the weightlessness of the water actually provides RELIEF for your joints. Water is also 4 times denser than air, which means if you swim for 1 kilometer, you will be covering an equal distance of a 4-kilometer run. If you swim for at least 3-kilometers, you will be covering the equivalent of a 12-kilometer run, exceeding the 10-kilometer goal while simultaneously reducing your potential for injury.

#23 Posted by deactivated-5c8c48323d2d9 (2599 posts) - - Show Bio

@rikuyamaha:

sorry no you are dead wrong. It's not one certain person. It's people, not even athletic people. It's not even odd. THE least athletic person in my office can do 6kms everyday. There's 5 others in my office alone that does 10km runs every morning. People who are in rugby or football clubs have to run 10kms everyday just as a warm up to their actual training.

It might seem impressive to you, someone who doesn't exercise at all, but a 10km run is actually nothing impressive.

So no sorry, I won't be getting advice from you on what alternatives I should be doing. Why would anyone who thinks 10kms is an odd superhuman ability or the workout will give you "too big to move muscles" be qualified to give any advice?

#24 Posted by RikuYamaha (1480 posts) - - Show Bio

@rikuyamaha:

sorry no you are dead wrong. It's not one certain person. It's people, not even athletic people. It's not even odd. THE least athletic person in my office can do 6kms everyday. There's 5 others in my office alone that does 10km runs every morning. People who are in rugby or football clubs have to run 10kms everyday just as a warm up to their actual training.

It might seem impressive to you, someone who doesn't exercise at all, but a 10km run is actually nothing impressive.

So no sorry, I won't be getting advice from you on what alternatives I should be doing. Why would anyone who thinks 10kms is an odd superhuman ability or the workout will give you "too big to move muscles" be qualified to give any advice?

first of all, that was extremely rude, and second, you seem you dont know how much a kilometer is. 10 kilometers is a little over 6.21371 miles. six miles is, if you actually run a consent speed(which the training says) will tire you out even over the third mile. and your office workers are most likely either taking breaks in between or not doing it at all. so no man, from someone who runs everyday to and from school and gym(which for me is three miles away from my home) i am not gonna let some, let me guess ultimate chad that can " bench 300 pounds" tell me that six miles of a dead non stop run is nothing.

#25 Posted by deactivated-5c8c48323d2d9 (2599 posts) - - Show Bio

@rikuyamaha: Sorry mate I do know what 10 kilometres is cause that's the unit we use. Secondly no. We run it all together at the gym. and bench 300pounds chad? WTF. I'm not bragging

10km isn'r a brag. That's what i'm telling you. 10km is nothing impressive. Here you are thinking it's some sort of olympic level fitness.

Maybe you are just, I don't know, not athletic. So congratulations for finding out that running 3 miles is less than something a 40 year old mom who just gave birth can do.