Would you say Wanda was the only one who did not catch Thanos off guard?

• 67 results
ThorofAsgard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Pretty much everyone that’s fought Thanos and gotten the upper hand has attacked him off guard except for Wanda.

Iron Man caught him off guard on Titan to begin the fight. After that they teamed up and it was 6 on 1. Still was hard to gain upper hand.

Carol and Thor both caught him as soon as he was putting on the gauntlet so he wasn’t paying attention to attackers.

Wanda, both in IW and EG, was able to face him head on and pretty much keep the upper hand. Probably would have killed him in EG had he not “made it rain”. I guess you could also say Cap maybe got him for a few seconds as well.

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 anthp2000  Moderator

Yeah, technically.

Avatar image for deactivated-6044a3a59a9f4
deactivated-6044a3a59a9f4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

yeah, maybe.

not that it matters though.

phillip33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah. Wanda has a very good power set for dealing with tough bricks.

FirstFirmament

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I mean, Thanos in EG was prepared for the interference of literally any hero he knew, but he ‘doesn’t even know’ Scarlet Witch and thus was caught unprepared.

EmmaFrostXmen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I can rant about this forever. Anyone that calls Thanos a “brick”, or that says “Wanda is a bad match up for Thanos” is trolling and lowballing Wanda. In Wanda’s fight with Thanos she was able to keep up with him in hand to hand which obviously implies they have comparable combat speed, or else Thanos would have blitzed her, and she would have been dead.

Also Thanos is very obviously not a brick because he tagged Captain Marvel, deflected Stormbreaker, blocked Iron Mans repulsers, etc...... If you call Thanos a brick you would also have to call Carol, Thor, and Iron Man bricks because they were all tagged by him multiple times in their fights, and as stated they all caught him off guard.

Wanda lowball on this site is crazy, when it was shown in the movie her TK can physically overpower Thanos, judging by the fact that she broke his sword (which is stronger than Strormbreaker, and Caps shield), and she pushed him off of her when he was leaning of her with off of him weight + his own strength.

Avatar image for deactivated-5cf823e3012e8
deactivated-5cf823e3012e8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

She was the only one who could have actually killed him as well.

Richubs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@emmafrostxmen: Yes she caught him off guard

Her powerset helps against people who can only punch and kick.

She has a powerset that'd also help against Thor if he could not call lightning or Carol if she didn't have flight and hand beams.

And Thanos' speed is nothing to brag about so keeping up with him definitely isn't very impressive.

You cannot deny her powerset is great for a confrontation against someone like Thanos.

EmmaFrostXmen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@richubs: If Thanos was physically stronger than her TK he could have freed himself and resisted, but She’s stronger than him that’s why she was able to overpower him.

Also Carols flight isn’t strong enough to free herself from Wanda’s TK grip, so “flight” isn’t what could help her escape. In order for flight to break free of TK, it would have to overpower it. Also Carol wouldn’t be able to move her arms if Wanda grabbed her so she would be able to hit her with energy. I don’t see how Carol would ever break out of Wanda’s TK. Thor could potentially, but in Endgame I don’t think he used lightning offensively once.

Richubs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Richubs

@emmafrostxmen:

I do agree her TK is stronger than Thanos.

That would be a necessary condition for her powers to be useful against Thanos. That's why I didn't say otherwise.

As for Carol I think she can break out of it.

She clearly is in the same ballpark as Thanos in terms of strength, she can fly as well, and also expel energy on top of it.

All three combined should be enough to overpower Wanda's TK.

And fair enough on the Thor point he didn't use lightning in EG but I'm saying he definitely could.

EmmaFrostXmen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@richubs: Wanda’s TK by feats of the physically strongest thing in the MCU, because she can easily restrain Thanos, overpower him, and break a sword that was stronger than Caps shield and Stormbreaker. Through scaling Wanda > Thanos > Carol > Thor

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

In carols case I don't think catching him off guard was the issue. Thanos couldn't hurt her.

Richubs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@emmafrostxmen: . Thanos' sword breaking is honestly a little ridiculous so we'll have to wait and see if it's now consistent because it's probably not.

You also have to factor in the fact that she was bloodlusted in the fight against Thanos and we've seen how bloodlust changes her power levels.

phillip33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@emmafrostxmen: you can’t say that, you have to take into account her durability as well. If any of those characters tagged her once with the shockwave of a punch and she’s unshaded, she is ko’d or dead.

EmmaFrostXmen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By EmmaFrostXmen

@richubs: If Carol tried to shoot energy while being rag dolled by Wanda is would just shoot off into the air around her because Wanda would hold her arms out to her side like she did to Thanos. Also Carols flight would need to be able to exert a force strong enough to overpower Wanda’s TK which i don’t think it can.

Richubs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@emmafrostxmen:

I know but Wanda's TK encapsulates the person so basically the energy beams will push against the TK.

And even then there is energy coming from every part of her so she can just fire hard and struggle with her own strength till she can overcome the TK.

Avatar image for deactivated-5eadbe7fcf64f
deactivated-5eadbe7fcf64f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yep most likely I think people seem to overlook how bloodlusted she was though her power is very heavily related to her emotions in the MCU and Thanos thought he could just cut past her to the gauntlet.

In a random encounter in character Dr Strange is the only one I would give a big majority to vs Thanos followed by The rest.

Biggest problem for them though is actually killing him and he seems like he can’t be KOd by anything they have either.

EmmaFrostXmen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By EmmaFrostXmen

@phillip33: Thor and Carol both don’t produce shockwaves with their punches lol. Also Wanda would grab thus preventing them from hitting her at all.

EmmaFrostXmen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@richubs: Being angry only makes her more willing to use the full extent of her powers. Also if she was bloodlusted she would have stabbed Thanos with his own sword and killed him immediately. She wasn’t bloodlusted, just pissed off

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@emmafrostxmen:

She was going for the kill she had seen vision die twice before her, 100% bloodlusted for Thanos.

phillip33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@emmafrostxmen: Thor does, and Thor can call down lightning from the sky, same thing like thanos’ ship did, and Thor doesn’t need to move his arms. Carol has flight, and comparable strength so at least she’s beable to fight against a midair TK hold

EmmaFrostXmen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@finalkingthanos: Unless it was otherwise stated saying she is bloodlusted is an obvious head cannon.

Wanda was just extremely mad, and every chance she had to kill Thanos she didn’t therefore unless it was stated she wasn’t bloodlusted. She could have TK’ed his sword and stabbed him, or she could have snapped his neck, etc......

Unless they state she was then it just people assuming her morals, Wanda didn’t kill Thanos, but she was obviously upset, and I don’t see how everyone comes to the conclusion she was bloodlusted, and not just consumed with rage.

EmmaFrostXmen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@phillip33: I’m Endgame Thor didn’t use lightning once any time when he should have (A.K.A. when Thanos has him pinned and was about to kill him), and therefore it’s out of character for current Thor to perform that move against Wanda.

Carols flight isn’t strong enough to break Wanda’s hold (her flight would have to exert a stronger force than Wanda’s TK which it cant) , her hands will be held apart by Wanda’s TK so she won’t be able to aim for Wanda with her energy blasts, and Carols strength is comparable to Thanos who Wanda effortlessly Held in mid air (she held his arms apart and he was unable to break her hold with his own physical strength therefore neither can Carol).

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@emmafrostxmen:

So based on your opinion Wanda can’t kill Thanos then only lift him in the air and lose every battle?

Rage can be bloodlust when your rage is focussed specifically killing someone for revenge which clearly is what her goal was are you crazy.

EmmaFrostXmen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By EmmaFrostXmen

@finalkingthanos: I think she was trying to kill him, and definitely was going to, but I thought bloodlusted meant that she would kill him at any cost, which she didn’t or else like I said she could have killed him far easier with his own sword, or just snapped his neck.

Instead Wanda wanted to hurt him, make him feel pain it seemed, and tear off his armor. To me that doesn’t sound bloodlusted, but I could be wrong because I didn’t know the dictionary definition of the word lol

EmmaFrostXmen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By EmmaFrostXmen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@emmafrostxmen: when it comes to hero’s they don’t tend to try rip people apart or crush them Wanda has done this twice -

Once to Ultron after killing her brother and again to Thanos after killing vision surely you must see that?

Clearly she was trying to do as much damage as she can to him and beat him quickly but had to rip his armour off first as he seems almost impossible to kill without something like Stormbreaker.

Richubs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@emmafrostxmen:

What makes you think she wasn't going for the kill lol?

Why wouldn't she? This guy brutally murdered her lover and then murdered half the Universe and was about to do it again.

She didn't use the sword because she didn't think of it. She was ready to annihilate him and was clearly doing so successfully.

With bloodlust on in AoU she disintegrated everything around her and bent Vibranium.

In CW she didn't have that in the opening and couldn't stop a bomb from going off.

It's clear her bloodlust helps her achieve stuff she cannot normally achieve.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@richubs:

Correct and I think it’s a good character trait and makes her VS battles hard to discuss full on EG bloodlust she could give a match to most but her standard in character loses to most powerhouses imo.

TonyStark6999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yup

Richubs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@finalkingthanos:

Agreed.

Her standard morals and power levels don't make it possible for her to win against most characters.

A panicked Wanda was unable to fight off Proxima.

EmmaFrostXmen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@richubs: I guess she’ll get more consistent feats when her TV show comes out, so well see

EmmaFrostXmen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@richubs: Wanda started her fight with Proxima after being sent through a window after many feet away from her at high speeds, by an unknown type of energy. So she started the fight injured and held her own in hand to hand combat against a trained alien warrior like Proxima while also being worried about vision, that’s hardly a low showing.

Richubs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Richubs

@emmafrostxmen:

She was also unable to fight her off with Widow and Okoye's help for a decent amount of time.

Proxima was beaten only when she was completely focused on Widow. Till then she was winning.

And Wanda was exhausted after than three way fight.

phillip33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@emmafrostxmen: I was assuming we were talking about prime Thor here, you didn’t make the distinction in your post, and I’d assume we were talking about peak power levels. Prime Thor shouldn’t have a problem with calling down lightning, it’s a go to strategy for him in his prime.

I’d argue carols flight speed is easily powerful enough to get through Wanda’s TK, I guess you missed the part where she tore down thanos’ ship with just her flight and powered through the same adtillery rounds that one shotted Wanda. And yes carol wouldn’t be dead to rights like thanos because unlike thanos she can actually gain leverage in mid air.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@richubs:

Ironically I find Wanda in a team with people she cares about is weakening her in battle we save plenty of showings that she’ll always focus on protecting her friends more than fighting the enemies

EmmaFrostXmen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@richubs: Your remembering the scene completely wrong. Proxima punched Wanda from the side (blindsiding her), And Wanda was on the ground in pain, and then Widow and Okoye double teamed her, Wanda then got back up after being in pain on the ground for their entire fight and she rag dolled Proxima and killed her.

EmmaFrostXmen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@phillip33: Carols flight didn’t stop her from being thrown around by Thanos, and Carol has never use flight to free herself from something as strong as Wanda’s TK.

Also when your talking about characters you should assume current versions, unless I specify “prime” Thor. I agree Prime Thor is a bad match up for Wanda because he has a projectile that he doesn’t need his arms to summon, and Wanda’s a glass Canon.

Richubs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@emmafrostxmen:

Doesn't make sense for her to be on the ground for so long.

And even in their first fight she was fine when she finally got up.

There were no signs of her not being able to fight normally.

She fought like she did in Civil War.

phillip33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By phillip33

@emmafrostxmen: prime Thor is what’s I’d consider standard, and getting tossed is a split second thing, Wanda would be holding her in place for a prolonged time, so carol would be able to realize what’s happening. She’s never been in a TK grip before so idk what you’re trying to get at. If she was able to bulrush thanos’s ship, she should be able to bullrysh Wanda’s TK.

EmmaFrostXmen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@richubs: In their first fight she was hit by an energy blast, and was never physically hit by Proxima

In their second fight Wanda was going to go help vision, then Proxima punches her in the face when she wasn’t looking, please rewatch the scene it happened exactly like I said. Wanda was on the ground the entire time and once she got up she rag dolled her and killed her.

Every instance of Wanda not one shotting her opponents is because she is either holding back (in Civil War everyone was holding back), or she starts the fight injured or distracted (both of her fights with Proxima)

EmmaFrostXmen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@phillip33: She can’t bullrush if she can’t move. I don’t even understand your argument lmao. Wanda’s TK >>>>>> Durability Of each individual wall of the ship Carol went through

Marvelx13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Marvelx13
phillip33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@emmafrostxmen: she can move because she can gain leverage in mid air like superman

EmmaFrostXmen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@phillip33: Wanda’s TK strength >>>> Carols flight Strength, she can’t break out

EmmaFrostXmen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@marvelx13: I wasn’t talking to you, and your opinion is irrelevant because it’s not on topic. If you wish to contribute, then contribute to the topic at hand, but if you want to keep commenting useless words then don’t tag me.

phillip33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By phillip33

@emmafrostxmen: no it’s not, what she did to thanos’ ship was more impressive than anything Wanda’s done with to. That includes holding a battle tired thanos in mid air.

Avatar image for waltzeffective1
WaltzEffective1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By WaltzEffective1

i mean yeah but shes direct counter to thanos she has tk while thanos has h2h in that fight. Also strange fought him directly too on titan

EmmaFrostXmen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By EmmaFrostXmen

@phillip33: Yes tired Wanda vs tired Thanos

Prior to the snap Wanda was smacked in the head by Thanos and KO’ed. All characters were brought back from the dead in the same state they were prior to the snap, and therefore it can be assumed Wanda was still injured by Thanos’ hit during the fight.

Captain Marvel caught Thanos off guard, and she only stalemated him after Wanda already weakened him, tore off his armor, and broke his sword. Lmaooo Carol fought Thanos at an even weaker state and only fought about equal to him (when he wasn’t using the stones), while Wanda fought hand to hand against Thanos, was never tagged, and eventually she overpowered him and dominated him

Wanda’s TK strength is more impressive than her just flying through a large ship, honestly Thor could have done that too. Also we have no idea what the ship was made out of so we can’t calculate the force it took to travel through the ships material.