Would you rather see your favorite comic book character dead or badly written?

TheDeathstroke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

Poll Would you rather see your favorite comic book character dead or badly written? (40 votes)

Dead.. 80%
Badley written.. 20%

Title.

• 
tj849

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Depends on how good the death is

TheDeathstroke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tj849 said:

Depends on how good the death is

A simple death that leaves them out of an entire verse, for example new 52 or earth 616.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b0ff1f569a57
deactivated-5b0ff1f569a57

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Badly written ofc. Comics like The Killing Joke, Court of Owls, Batman: RIP and others more than make up for comics like The Dark Knight Strikes Again

Penguin-Dust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By Penguin-Dust

Badly written. As long as the character is alive, I can hope that things will improve, but "dead" is "dead". Okay, in comics that's not always the case, but it's easier to turn a book around when the character is alive and in publication.

Revan-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I'd rather see Nightcrawler dead.

For the 3rd time.

sinikettu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By sinikettu

it depends on the popularity... A popular/iconic hero like spider man, hulk or batman can die and he'll be back eventually but a lesser hero like cyclops, jean grey or one of the many super man's support characters can stay dead for decades and basically never come back. in that vain bad writing id preferable to 'death' though a string of bad writing can also lead even a popular character to 'die' by becoming unpopular.

Avatar image for infantfinite128
infantfinite128

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dead. No question.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b2121a0a9a00
deactivated-5b2121a0a9a00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Dead.

It was a good thing that Wolverine was mostly dead in Marvel's SJW Era, but now that he's back i fear the worst.

Avatar image for legendaryuchiha
LegendaryUchiha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Badly written, theres always a chance for improvement if they are alive

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#10 JediXMan  Moderator

Knowing that X-Man was dead made me more comfortable than knowing he's running around depowered.

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#11  Edited By mickey-mouse

Dead. Which is basically cold storage in comics. Rather put them on the back burner than to have their legacy dragged by some group of hacks like current Marvel...

DeathandGrim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#12  Edited By DeathandGrim

Dead. Just off them rather than continuing to waste my money reading them being written horribly. I do believe that characters can improve though but for me I feel just killing a badly written character is more merciful.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ba513314c41c
deactivated-5ba513314c41c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dead. New 52 Vic Sage (if you can even call him that) was stupid.

ThunderPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-5b59f8ae5ebaf
deactivated-5b59f8ae5ebaf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

die

i do believe in redemption

but if it is perfect closure meaning there was nothing badly written about them before i prefer death

MrAbductor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Dead.

It was a good thing that Wolverine was mostly dead in Marvel's SJW Era, but now that he's back i fear the worst.

Tomkatie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Tomkatie

Dead, because Barry Allen had possibly the most heroic and influential death in comics. It'd be a sin to kill him off now in a way that doesn't pay homage to that.

Tim Drake used to be my favorite character, but Lobdell's awful writing ruined the character for me. The last thing I want is for that to happen again.

TheWatcherKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By TheWatcherKing

If the death is done really well then dead, if the character isn't written well I probably will lose interest in said character.

Quinlan58

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Quinlan58

Dead.

Mutant1230

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tomkatie said:

Dead, because Barry Allen had possibly the most heroic and influential death in comics. It'd be a sin to kill him off now in a way that doesn't pay homage to that.

Tim Drake used to be my favorite character, but Lobdell's awful writing ruined the character for me. The last thing I want is for that to happen again.

That'd be interesting for sure to see how the New 52 continuity would handle Wally taking over The Flash mantle.

Jgames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

I mean my favorite comic is Adventure Time by Ryan North. Now I am reading Squirrel Girl because he writing it, and the current run of Adventure Time, well eh. I mean the graphic novel is technically worst, but still wtf Christopher Hasting, aside from one arc, the comic book is mediocre. That being said other spin-offs of Adventure Time like Ice King, regular show crossover, and Adventure Time comic anthology are pretty good. A badly written book for a popular series or character will always have some bad one, but there will be more good to outweigh them.

Jgames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Also, I personally like The Dark Knight Strike again. I mean the artwork is crappy and hard to look at, but it gave it is own identity. Is memorable, and fit with the dystopian society and gives the comic lots of personality through the art alone. Plus the story was pretty good (minus Robin that was garbage).

Battle123axe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ask Bruce Banner

Tomkatie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tomkatie said:

That'd be interesting for sure to see how the New 52 continuity would handle Wally taking over The Flash mantle.

It'd make for a really interesting story, especially with Wally's current standing in the DCU after Rebirth!

Personally I'm somehow on both Team Barry-Should-Have-Stayed-Dead and Team-Barry-Is-The-True-Flash. His death was perfect, and paved the way for Wally to come in and become the next generation's Flash. Any version of the DCU that doesn't have at least that story does both characters an injustice. I don't think Barry's rebirth negates his death, although my ideal DCU would have Barry returning as Blue Lantern Flash and Wally staying as Flash.