Would you rather see Daredevil season 4 or Firefly season 2?

Ghostodoofus2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll Would you rather see Daredevil season 4 or Firefly season 2? (42 votes)

Daredevil season 4 79%
Firefly season 2 21%

A fair match-up, I hope this is.

• 
Ghostodoofus2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By Ghostodoofus2

I pick DDS4, I just love the show so much.

TommytheHitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Daredevil. I’ve grown to accept Firefly as it’s since been continued in comics and novels and such.

Avatar image for deactivated-5faef67d08995
deactivated-5faef67d08995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Firefly I liked it more.

Penguin-Dust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By Penguin-Dust

Everyone involved in Firefly have moved on with their lives and careers. I am not saying that Fox (or is it a Disney property now?) couldn’t bring it back since The X-Files returned and other networks resurrected Will and Grace, Full House and Gilmore Girls, but I don’t know if it’s worth the expense. Firefly didn’t do well in the ratings when it originally aired, although admittedly that was partially due to Fox meddling, and the film finale, Serenity didn’t pack ‘em in at the box office either, so I feel like Firefly’s chance to come back has come and gone. If Disney does own the Firefly rights, I would think they'd be concentrating on their Star Wars brand as a money maker rather than a sub-niche, twice-failed franchise. Besides, if Nathan Fillion needs a new project, how about someone make that Uncharted short into a series?

Loading Video...

Saberscar223

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I’ve honestly never heard of firefly

Magian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

DD S4. There is a reason Firefly was cancelled.

morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 morpheus_  Moderator

@magian said:

DD S4. There is a reason Firefly was cancelled.

Yeah, that Fox aired episodes in the wrong order.

Kairan1979

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 18

Firefly.

I'll give all the seasons of Arrow, Flash and Supergirl to see the second season of Firely.

Magian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@morpheus_: Sure that may have contributed to that, not denying it but still, don't think most of the viewers were that interested in it really.

morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 morpheus_  Moderator

@magian: The same can be applied to DD, really. Season 3 had a massive drop in viewership compared to S2. I think the point of the thread is which series deserved it on merit.

And on topic, I'd actually say neither. Firefly got a solid conclusion with Serenity and DD S3 tied up most loose ends in a satisfying way. I know fans of either or both might want more, but to me, they ended on a high note.

Magian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Magian

@morpheus_: How do they even know that? I've seen people saying this before but from what I know, Netflix doesn't release viewership numbers and other stuff like this. And even by merit, I'd still choose DD really. Liked Firefly but I just don't see what other people see in it.

That's cheating you know. You have to pick one :p Otherwise I would have said that as well lol

JamesWayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Aaahhh!! So hard!!!

I’d choose daredevil because firefly has been gone for a long time now

Blubber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Daredevil 4,

Provided that Matt wears the costume and gets to be the hero he deserves to be.

morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 morpheus_  Moderator

@magian: This is the reasoning I've seen:

Netflix considers their viewing figures to be a closely-guarded secret. In the absence of firm data, though, certain analytics companies have stepped forward to offer unique insight into the popularity of various Netflix series. Screen Rant has spoken exclusively to Jumpshot, a San Francisco-based analytics company. Their anonymized global panel tracks five billion actions a day across 100 million devices to deliver insights into online consumer behavior. They've been monitoring the Netflix Originals since 2016, looking at the viewing behavior and activity of their US members. While Jumpshot's data does have limitations - most notably that this only covers US audiences - it does still give a sense of just what's going on with the Marvel Netflix shows. Early this week we reported that Iron Fist and Luke Cage's second seasonssuffered a massive drop in viewership, now we look at the Devil of Hell's Kitchen

According to Jumpshot, Daredevil season 2 is still the most-watched Marvel Netflix series since 2016. Season 3 hasn't fared as well; when Jumpshot compared the first weeks of the two seasons, they found viewership had dropped by 57 percent. The first week is a critical period for the Marvel Netflix shows (and, indeed, for all Netflix Originals). The bulk of views happen within that first-week window, with a steep drop over the next month or so to a background level.

Magian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@morpheus_: Hmm.. I see. I wonder why that is. I mean, I can understand S2 of Iron Fist suffering from a drop in viewership although I suppose with all the cancellations, people might decided not to watch it if it was to get cancelled as well. Plus I have also seen people saying that they didn't advertise it a lot.

Supermanthor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 20

dd4

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

The actors in FF are old sense hell and Whedon is way past his prime...DDS4 with a proper sendoff. Bullseye returns. Now that Fisk knows DD’s Secret the Badguys Force DD intona situation where he has to teamup with Fisk to stop them and Their top Guy Enhanced Bullseye; Metal Skeleton, New Weapons, and Healing Factor.

just_sayin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Firefly killed two major characters off in the film and it has been almost 15 years since then. I'd say Daredevil season 4.

Amonfire1776

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

BatmanPlusJay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What's Firefly?

Amnesiak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Daredevil to get Bullseye

buildhare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Daredevil if they actually made a go of the whole shared universe thing.

Incredible_J

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Firefly was great but it's time has came and went. The Expanse has filled it's void

Super_ninja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

DD

RavenVice01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 86

#25  Edited By RavenVice01

@super_ninja: I was shocked that Netflix just cut off two and a half of their major players. The ending with Bullseye and the mysterious Dr. Oyama got me thinking Lady Deathstrike's father who was a member of the Hand restored bullseye's prowess. Plus there are so many other foes that haven't been utilized like mr. Fear, jester and Owl Jr.

As for Luke Cage, both Diamondback and Bushmaster are still alive and there are so many other members of the serpent society to use.

Lastly, Iron Fist got me a little interested at the end because I wanna see how things progress into a heroes for hire show.

Super_ninja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

RavenVice01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Super_ninja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Magian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

BatmanPlusJay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@magian: I'm serious who tf is Firefly. Cause ik for a fact you're not referring to the pyromaniac Batman fights.

Magian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@magian: I'm serious who tf is Firefly. Cause ik for a fact you're not referring to the pyromaniac Batman fights.

It is in fact a show about that Batman villain. You guessed correctly :P But it is an early 00s space show made by Whedon.

BatmanPlusJay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By BatmanPlusJay

@magian: Soooo why are we comparing a show made in the early 2000s to a 2018 show. Why did he even get his own show? Is he that interesting as a character?

Magian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@batmanplusjay: lol It's not about the Batman villain. But anyway, back then while the show wasn't doing well ratings-wise, it was quite well received and it did develop somewhat of a cult following. A second season or a reboot at least has been something that its fans has been wanting for a while now.

BatmanPlusJay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@magian said:

@batmanplusjay: lol It's not about the Batman villain. But anyway, back then while the show wasn't doing well ratings-wise, it was quite well received and it did develop somewhat of a cult following. A second season or a reboot at least has been something that its fans has been wanting for a while now.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

RavenVice01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@super_ninja: DD can get better but the problem is we have to wait two years before any move can be made on the franchise according to netflix stipulations. By then some of the actors and actresses may move onto other projects.

Magian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Supermanthor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 20

DD 4

BatmanPlusJay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@magian: I didn't even know that ":P" was relevant.